Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #721
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Of course it would be to fund the trip. What else what it be used for? My days of visiting the gentleman's clubs are gone now that I'm married.
I'm playing catch up right now... but before I read the last chapter, had to comment on this.

I never mentioned the gentleman's clubs.... but thanks for letting us all know where your mind is at!

What I meant was the money was going to.... "Come on lucky seven!!" (or similar amusements)

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #722
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Nebo probably didnt believe me when he asked if there was fireworks.
That's okay. When was the last time you believed him about anything???

Quote:
I asked Lady H if she was having fun. She said yeah and leaned over to give me a kiss.

Just then fireworks went off. Man that must have been some kiss. Try that again. She did and fireworks went off again.
Wow! Can I try? < ow! stop hitting me, Ruby! >

Quote:
Turns out the fireworks were coming from DL, but Lady H set them off.
Occupational hazard.

Quote:
I think thats the one cool thing about DLR. No matter where you are at, you can see the fireworks at DL. If you remember, the first night we were at DTD and we could see them. We saw them while we were at DL and now we can see them from DCA.
I looked, last night from my front porch, but didn't see them. Then again, maybe they didn't have any last night. I'll try again, and let you know.

Quote:
but it was told that we needed to see this place at night. It truly is a sight to see at night.
Great pics T-Man. Were they all handheld or did you prop up the camera on something?

Quote:
After Luigi's we head on over to RSR. Yup, still a long wait. 120 minute wait and 45 minutes even for Single Rider.
Even after the daytime crowds are gone, huh? Wow.

That'll be the day I stand in line for 2 hours to go on a ride.

Quote:
We have to be up early again tomorrow, and get ready to drive an hour and a half to San Diego.
Ya just can't win, can ya? You get up early to beat the crowds and make rope drop... then you have to get up early to go home... then you have to get up early to go back to work so you can afford to go to Disney so you can get up early to beat the crowds and make rope drop... then you have to get up early to go home.............. ad infinitum ad nauseum

Quote:
We had some Disney Pixie dust sprinkled on us this night.... Just as we got to the shuttle stop, the shuttle was already there. No waiting 40 minutes for it this time.
I thought at first that's what you meant about pixie dust.

Quote:
They had bought or received a 3 week pass with their hotel package and still had several days left on their passes, so they gave them to us to use.
Nice! Good ol' Disney magic.

Quote:
The only downside was we would have to play dodge the cars to cross the street. After he said he would drop us off right before the light so we can use the crosswalk, taking all the fun out of trying to cross the street.
Yeah, where's the fun in that? Of course, visiting Disney is harder when you're dead.

Not impossible... just, harder.

Quote:
Y'all come back now, ya hear. Lady H is going to tell you a story about Sea World.
Looking forward to it. Thanks for the update!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #723
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbetsey View Post
I'm in! can't wait to hear your thoughts on DLR.
Low Fat Oreo Cream Pie
1 Large box of cookies and cream instant pudding
2 cups fat free milk
tub fat free whipped topping
Mix pudding and milk let set up for 5 minutes, fold in whipped topping
Pour into crust of choice (i make a ghrahm cracker crust using I can't believe it's not butter half a stick melted and crushed crackers bake 15 minutes)
Chill for 2 holurs

ok so it's not zebra domes with real butter and eggs and... sorry just miss my heart clogger desserts.

Does that get the in on the fun??
I hope you enjoy our corner of Disney. I hear Carsland is amazing.
we are regulars out here so if ya need anything pm me.
Lady H and I thank you for the recipe. Lady H made it yesterday and it was delicious. Although I don't think it was lowfat anymore after adding the oreo cookies.

Last edited by Thumper_Man; 01-22-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Thumper_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #724
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Very nice goodnight. I love how Kissing set the fireworks off. Should be like that every day, right? You can see the fireworks everywhere. Even way up the hill in Anaheim where DH's uncle lives. You can sit out on the balcony and watch them.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #725
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Very nice goodnight. I love how Kissing set the fireworks off. Should be like that every day, right? You can see the fireworks everywhere. Even way up the hill in Anaheim where DH's uncle lives. You can sit out on the balcony and watch them.
Just not from Winnipeg!

me DH and our many children
9/12 - CSR 4th Anniversary 9/09 - ASMo 1st Anniversary, 9/08 - ASSp Honeymoon
96, 87, 86, 83, 80, 79 - all offsite
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
orangecats2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #726
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecats2 View Post
Just not from Winnipeg!
Well of course not. With all that aurora borealis around him, how can Pkondzi expect to see the fireworks?

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:21 PM   #727
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Well of course not. With all that aurora borealis around him, how can Pkondzi expect to see the fireworks?
It does kinda visually drown out everything else...

Old 01-26-2013, 03:35 PM   #728
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
I looked, last night from my front porch, but didn't see them. Then again, maybe they didn't have any last night. I'll try again, and let you know.
Maybe you need a more powerful telescope. Or hijack the Google satellite.

Quote:
Great pics T-Man. Were they all handheld or did you prop up the camera on something?
All handheld I believe. Some of the WoC pictures I may have used the railing, but not often.

Quote:
Yup. We were hoping since it was during the week, it may have been a little less busy. No such luck. Hmm. Maybe I better think twice about gambling in Vegas then.

Quote:
Or you can do like we did and be there first thing in the morning. Of course by the time you go, something new may come along by then and you won't have to wait.

Quote:
Ya just can't win, can ya? You get up early to beat the crowds and make rope drop... then you have to get up early to go home... then you have to get up early to go back to work so you can afford to go to Disney so you can get up early to beat the crowds and make rope drop... then you have to get up early to go home..............
Who said we got up early to go home? We're not on that day yet. We did have to get up early most days though. Best way to beat the crowds and get things done.

Quote:
ad infinitum ad nauseum
What did you call me? Well same to you bub.

Ok, I better go and search Google and see what this means first.

Quote:
I thought at first that's what you meant about pixie dust.
At first, we thought it was nice to not have to wait this time.

Quote:
Yeah, where's the fun in that? Of course, visiting Disney is harder when you're dead.
I suppose. Good thing we used the crosswalks then.

Even then it's risky. Anybody else read the story on here about the CM who got hit by an undercover cop at DL? She was in the crosswalk when she got hit. See if I can find the thread.

Quote:
Thanks as always Ponzi.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #729
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Very nice goodnight.
It was a nice goodnight and thank you. I hope we get the chance to do it again in the near future.

Quote:
I love how Kissing set the fireworks off. Should be like that every day, right?

If you time it just right, it could happen every night. We're just not a DL every night.

Quote:
You can see the fireworks everywhere. Even way up the hill in Anaheim where DH's uncle lives. You can sit out on the balcony and watch them.
Apparently Ponzi can't see them from Winnipeg.

I guess I should've said "you can see the DL fireworks from anywhere at DLR. Whether it be the hotels, Downtown Disney or DCA."
Old 01-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #730
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Just not from Winnipeg!
Apparently not. I think he may need glasses.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #731
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Well that explains it. Thanks bankr. For a minute there, I thought Ponzi was getting like Nebo and needing to see an eye dr. I know Nebo is rubbing off on him, just didn't think Nebo was rubbing off that much on him.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #732
Thumper_Man
DDC 684

Quote:
It does kinda visually drown out everything else...
Gotta say I wouldn't know. One thing I've yet to see in this lifetime.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:44 PM   #733
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
We weren't ready to jump into the pool either. There we were, standing at the edge of the pool, dipping our toes in to see how cold the water was. Deciding if we wanted to go in or not. Then this nearly blind, bald headed guy with a fuzzy cup in his hand walks past us and pushes us in. He claims it was an accident and tried to pass it off to his poor eye sight. Claims it was too bright out for him and he didn't see us standing there, and he didn't mean to bump into us knocking us in the water. Yeah, sure it was an accident.:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&RN View Post
I'm glad Nebo pushed you both in, I'm really enjoying your TR. I am especially enjoying the fact that you are co-writing it, its great to see two points of view in the same report.
I have read his post 3 times,,, and no where do I come across the name of Nebo, or Steve.
That's malicious accusery!
And the sun was in my eyes.

Quote:
Nebo probably didnt believe me when he asked if there was fireworks. Oh there were fireworks all right. As we made our way out of the WoC viewing area, I asked Lady H if she was having fun. She said yeah and leaned over to give me a kiss.

Just then fireworks went off. Man that must have been some kiss. Try that again. She did and fireworks went off again. I knew she was one heck of a kisser, but never knew she could set fireworks off. They even continued after she kissed me. Turns out the fireworks were coming from DL, but Lady H set them off. There are no fireworks during WoC, but you can see the fireworks that were going off at DL, after WoC had ended. I think thats the one cool thing about DLR. No matter where you are at, you can see the fireworks at DL. If you remember, the first night we were at DTD and we could see them. We saw them while we were at DL and now we can see them from DCA.

So what is the name of the fireworks show at Disneyland? Did I miss that? I't snot Wishes, right?
It's.
Not.
Is it Fantasy in the sky?

We stopped on Buena Vista St. to watch the fireworks and decided to make our way back towards Carsland once they had finished. As did the rest of the crowd. I knew there would probably be no way we would get to ride RSR again, but it was told that we needed to see this place at night. It truly is a sight to see at night.

Lets see what it looks like down Route 66 at night, shall we.

After Luigi's we head on over to RSR. Yup, still a long wait. 120 minute wait and 45 minutes even for Single Rider. I thought we took a picture of the wait times, but apparently not. Oh well, it was still an amazing sight to see.

So, is Luigi's Tires abasically a bumper car type ride? Now I know why you passed it up earlier in the day.

And Carsland really does look coll at night,,, in April we'll be staying at the Art of Animation for six nights,,yeah,, not in a suite but the Mermaid section,,,b ut even there I've seen it during the day,,, but the Cars section I'm told,,, and the pics I've seen look really cool at night.

We had some Disney Pixie dust sprinkled on us this night. Tonight there were no ECV's waiting to get on our shuttle. If you recall, when we went to DL, there was a lady on an ECV that was waiting to get on, with all her kids and all her packages that just about filled the entire shuttle. And really, I understand the need for an ECV and I'm not trying to be insensitive to that those that use them. The one thing that annoyed me was her kids came out from everywhere when the shuttle pulled up, then they took up a good amount of seats with their packages. They could've held some, or stowed them under their seats, to allow others to sit. But anyways, that was then and this is now (which actually happened way back then).

Had that happen once at the benches waiting for the Magical Depress bus to come,,, this family filled up the benches with all their suitcases and whatnot, where nobody else could sit down. I fixed the problem by taking them and putting them on the ground.
When I asked who they belonged to,, nobody would answer me,, so I took things into my own hands.
Then, "MOM" had a fit,,, and now it was "I" who had a problem hearing. She tried to sic her husband on me, but sometimes it helps being 6'1 and 200 pounds, he didn't want to play.
You don't mess with the Neb on checking out of Disney day!

Ok, let me get back on track now. The pixie dust. Well during our conversation with this couple, they asked how long we had been there and how much longer were we going to be around. We told them this our 4th day here and we'll be here for another 3 1/2 days. I wish I could remember where this couple was from, but the lady offered us her 2 adult passes for the shuttle. They had bought or received a 3 week pass with their hotel package and still had several days left on their passes, so they gave them to us to use. We thanked them graciously and offered to take them to dinner in the future, should our paths ever cross again.

Right,, uh huh,,,that'll happen,,, s******>

Our last bit of pixie dust for the evening was being let off the shuttle way before our stop.

And getting let off before your stop is a good thing. Um,, if you wanted to walk,,, well then,,,,

Out of a shuttle of about 40 people, there were only 4 people getting off at our stop. The driver offered to drop us off before driving down the road to let everyone else off.

Oooh

The only downside was we would have to play dodge the cars to cross the street. After he said he would drop us off right before the light so we can use the crosswalk, taking all the fun out of trying to cross the street. That didn't bother us one bit. We needed to cross the street anyways.

IS it as bad as trying get across 192 in Kissimmee alive? I practically got a whole chapter out of that. yeah yeah,, I know,, I got a whole chapter once out of just going down the hall go get ice!

We stopped at the liquor store across the street one more time. We had only bought a few park bottles for the day. We were going to see how we were doing on finances before buying more, plus we still had plenty of beer back at the resort to drink. Since the lady saved us money on shuttle passes for the rest of the week, we used the money we would've spent on shuttle passes and bought more park bottles. Plus by eating at Denny's earlier in the day, we actually saved a little money that way as well.

Even after factoring in the toilet paper cost?
sorry
I'm still thinking about Moons over My Hammy.

Soon we were back in our resort room and doing our nightly routine. Sitting out on the balcony, jotting down our notes while enjoying a nice cold beer to cap off the night and to finally cap off this day.

Y'all come back now, ya hear. Lady H is going to tell you a story about Sea World.
Yeah baby, go for it!
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #734
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
That's okay. When was the last time you believed him about anything???

Boy, when your back is turned....

Wow! Can I try? < ow! stop hitting me, Ruby! >

You know,,, I was going to use the exact same line,,,

I see now the solution was obvious.
They were there,, you just need to sit on the BACK porch,,, try it tonight, trust me

[B][COLOR="blue"]I agree, scared the heck out of me too,, my longest in line is still 55 minutes,, for Splash Mount when it first opened and The DRAGSTER at Cedar Point when my rotten kid led me unsuspectingly into the first seat line,,, and no,,, can't picture ever waiting even that long again. But wow,,, first seat on the Dragster? It was , like Awesome man,,, what a RUSH! 122 miles per hour in 2.8 seconds,,, then straight up 430 feet,,,

No, the video doesn't really work,,, but it is what your eyes will see pretty much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJwWdqgpY3A

Ok, hope it works now,,, I forgot how to do this stuff.

ad infinitum ad nauseum

My mom used to say that phrase,,,ad infinitum, ad nauseum,,, and no,,, I'm not repeating you right now.

sounds like a challenge!

Not impossible... just, harder.

Ah, you were thinking of me.

Quote:
Lady H and I thank you for the recipe. Lady H made it yesterday and it was delicious. Although I don't think it was lowfat anymore after adding the oreo cookies.

Oh man,,, that DOES look good! But Oreos need to be dunked,,how big a glass of milk would I need to dunk that cake?

Quote:
Just not from Winnipeg!
probably not from Oahu either,,,,I mean Ohio.

Quote:
Gotta say I wouldn't know. One thing I've yet to see in this lifetime.

No,, suppose not from Santa Fe. They aren't know for their seaside resorts either,,, or , as George Carlin would say,,, " I have a friend who's a Pearl Diver in Santa Fe,,,,been out of work for some time now."

Thanks for the laughs you guys,,, looking forward to picking on Heather next time around.

Last edited by nebo; 01-27-2013 at 03:28 PM.
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #735
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

probably not from Oahu either,,,,I mean Ohio.

I wish I were in Oahu or Santa Fe or even LA. This weather blows!

me DH and our many children
9/12 - CSR 4th Anniversary 9/09 - ASMo 1st Anniversary, 9/08 - ASSp Honeymoon
96, 87, 86, 83, 80, 79 - all offsite
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
orangecats2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disneyland trip 2012

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: