Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #646
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
Ponziis correct. you mix the alcohol into the sunny D' (or simply lemonade, but in that sase the word "simply" disappears) in your room. with booze from that big bottle you have in your room.

however, ponzi, you still sneak in the little bottles, so later you can add them to the soda you buy. (we often save the empty sunny D bottles, then buy one soda and split it between the 2 empty, adding our little bottles.)

sigh..nebo, they have SO much to learn.
Well, yeah. We's just little. We's still learnin'!

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #647
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Well, yeah. We's just little. We's still learnin'!
well, glad we could teach you. we all need t leave a legacy (our sons will be SO proud!)

Last edited by smidgy; 01-01-2013 at 06:24 PM.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #648
cp'ersmom
Mouseketeer

When you were watching the stewardesses and Minnie do their act did you notice something unusual about Minnie?

Been bunches and bunches of times
First time Aug 1971 and all we saw was the welcome center.
cp'ersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #649
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
Ponziis correct. you mix the alcohol into the sunny D' (or simply lemonade, but in that sase the word "simply" disappears) in your room. with booze from that big bottle you have in your room.

however, ponzi, you still sneak in the little bottles, so later you can add them to the soda you buy. (we often save the empty sunny D bottles, then buy one soda and split it between the 2 empty, adding our little bottles.)

sigh..nebo, they have SO much to learn.
Nebo was flabbergasted when I told him I don't really drink...He said "So then why are you reading my TR?" I think he's been suspicious of me ever since.
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
orangecats2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #650
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

Ugh, sorry it was such a hot day! One of the benefits of DL is supposed to be that the weather is "always" beautiful there. I'm really looking forward to your WoC pictures - I've heard its a great show. Lady H - I LOVE your new hairdo, it is sooo cute and the color is great on you. Sorry T Man, another vote for the new 'do!

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Mom&RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:07 AM   #651
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So now I'm only two chapters behind... <sigh>

And here I thought you were my friend. Oh, the humanity!

I'm so sorry to be a turncoat. We'll always have Hawaii.

Already commented on the pic... But that line reminds me of a scene they've done a few times on The Big Bang Theory:

Sheldon will mention that if they invent time travel, they will come back to now and tell their current selves... then they pause and look expectantly at the door.
Love that show! (and I'm not just sayin' that to make you feel better.)
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:13 AM   #652
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Nice update, Mr and Mrs T. I can't wait to see Carsland! I think I would like to drive Route 66 out to see Disney's Route 66! Sorry you missed dinner at GW. We love CPK followed by dessert at Cheesecake Factory. Your restroom bartending skills amaze me!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #653
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
We'll always have Hawaii.

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 01-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #654
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Boy, how did I fall this far behind?
Gotta see if the Ponz left me any Easter Eggs;

Quote:
So you're saying that you're smarter than Nebo?

At least that's the way I read it.

Nebo, are you gonna take that? Them's fightin' words!

Um, actually, yes, because apparently his IS smart enough to stay wet.

Wait 30-40 minutes for a Primeval Whirl type ride?

Not.

I actually like Primevil Hurl, nothing yells out "Vacation" like having your back go out, and the sciatic nerve shooting down your leg. Oh, I'm sorry, "trickling".

Mandarin's okay though, huh?

I speak fluent Cantonese like the people in Ohio.

Plus, how many would be launched from the apex of the roller coaster?

Apex? Did he just use "apex", to refer to the top of a roller coaster? Oh gag me with a utilitarian kitchen utensil.

Heh. Branded. Just for fun, next time they stamp your hand, scream like you were branded just to see the CMs reaction.

That's good. I wish I had thought of doing that when they still did it a the World.

I had to re-read the entire chapter (not that thatís a bad thing) to figure out what GRR was.

Japanese version of GMR? (Great Roovie Ride)

I was wondering the same thing,
and that's the first thing that popped into my mind too!
I can still picture a Get Smart villian who was Japanese holding up a deformed hand and saying;
"My name is the Craw."

"The Craw?"

"No, not the Craw, The Craw!"

Ah well. But, no. I wouldnít have waited an hour for KRR (or GRR in this case).

Ok, so, I still don't know. It IS Golly River Rapids?

Thatís so true. Many, many of us DISers will make sacrifices to feed our Disney addiction, no?

Yes, and some of us even GO there occasionally!

And thanks for the chapter, Mike! :

Hey! Now Iím only one chapter behind. Woot!
What? That means I am too!
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #655
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecats2 View Post
Nebo was flabbergasted when I told him I don't really drink...He said "So then why are you reading my TR?" I think he's been suspicious of me ever since.
That's right, and I've still got my eye on you.
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #656
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Apex? Did he just use "apex", to refer to the top of a roller coaster? Oh gag me with a utilitarian kitchen utensil.
Just because a Foreigner speaks better American English then you do is no reason to be churlish.

Go ahead, look up churlish... I'll wait. :

Quote:
I can still picture a Get Smart villian who was Japanese holding up a deformed hand and saying;
"My name is the Craw."

"The Craw?"

"No, not the Craw, The Craw!"
I remember that! And on a similar vein, The Evil Dr. Yes asks a question and his four henchmen answer (the henchmen are German, Spanish, Russian and French)

Dr. Yes: You agree, yes?
Ya!
Si!
Da!
Oui!

Quote:
Ok, so, I still don't know. It IS Golly River Rapids?
Don't tell him! Make him look it up like I had to!

Old 01-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #657
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Quote:
That's right, and I've still got my eye on you.
I had a Kahula and Creme on NYE. Then later I had non-alcoholic champagne!!!

I read your TR's for the witty commentary! Seriously though you, thumper, ponzi and a couple others are all I'll read anymore, you have spoiled me!
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
orangecats2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #658
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Seriously though you, thumper, ponzi and a couple others are all I'll read anymore, you have spoiled me!
I got bad news for ya then... It'll probably be years before I get back to Disney.

You never know though, here's a true anecdote (it's too short to be a true story).

My eldest DD, Elle, goes to dance class five days a week. Luckily we live fairly close to another family who's DD also goes to the same dance studio, so we split the driving duties. Whenever I drive home from the studio I take "the long way around". It's a longer distance as the crow flies, but it's quicker with higher speeds and fewer lights. One stretch is on a highway that is used to bypass the city.
Every time I get on that stretch of road... and I mean every single freaking time... I always think to myself, "If instead of turning right at the intersection I go one more mile to the next intersection and turn left... in thirty hours I could be in Disney World."

You doubt me? Let me tell you what I used to do about six times a year, ready?

I would wake up at 7am to get to work by 8. I would work from 8 to 4pm. Still with me? Then I'd come home, cook and eat dinner, watch some TV or read or play some video games... then go to work and work from midnight to 8am (been up for 25 hours straight by now). Still with me? Here's where it gets good. I get home shortly after 8am, grab some suitcases, hop back in the car with Ruby and then drive... no let me clarify... Ruby would sit in the passenger seat and I would drive to Winnipeg. No big deal? Well, it was a 12 hour drive. So by the time I finally got to bed, I usually would've been up for 39 - 40 hours straight.

So do you really think I wouldn't make that left turn and drive for 30 hours... to get to Disney????

There's just one problem... THE DRIVE BACK!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #659
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
I had a Kahula and Creme on NYE. Then later I had non-alcoholic champagne!!!

I read your TR's for the witty commentary! Seriously though you, thumper, ponzi and a couple others are all I'll read anymore, you have spoiled me!
I don't know if its a good thing or bad thing to be put into the same category as Nebo and Ponzi. I gotta say, I feel honored to be put into this category. Thank you for the kind words. I think.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #660
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Quote:
I got bad news for ya then... It'll probably be years before I get back to Disney.
It will be about 9 months until we get back to Disney. The D to the L that is. It will be a long time until we get back to WDW ourselves, as I mentioned earlier we're going to Hawaii next year. I may have to pick your brain a little and get some info from you as to what sites you used to book your day time excursions.

Quote:
I would wake up at 7am to get to work by 8. I would work from 8 to 4pm. Still with me? Then I'd come home, cook and eat dinner, watch some TV or read or play some video games... then go to work and work from midnight to 8am (been up for 25 hours straight by now). Still with me? Here's where it gets good. I get home shortly after 8am, grab some suitcases, hop back in the car with Ruby and then drive... no let me clarify... Ruby would sit in the passenger seat and I would drive to Winnipeg. No big deal? Well, it was a 12 hour drive. So by the time I finally got to bed, I usually would've been up for 39 - 40 hours straight.

So do you really think I wouldn't make that left turn and drive for 30 hours... to get to Disney????

There's just one problem... THE DRIVE BACK!!!
Is this the same as "it's not the fall that will kill you, but the landing?" But in your case it would be "its not the drive that will kill me, but the falling asleep behind the wheel plowing into the semi truck that will." You know you could always stop at a hotel for the night and sleep. Just a thought.

Tags
disneyland trip 2012

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: