Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #211
Sandy Mouse
distant cousin of Mickey
 
Sandy Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana
Posts: 564

Your plane arrived early because your drunk pilots were speeding! (is that even possible?). I fly Southwest a lot and they're always early.
As for the cash, the trick is to have your account at a big bank with branches and ATMs everywhere you want to travel, then you don't pay ATM fees.

Great chapter... ready for more.
__________________
Me DD DD DSIL DGS21 DGD15 DGS9 DGD6

Sandy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #212
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?
 
Thumper_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 6,408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Mouse View Post
Your plane arrived early because your drunk pilots were speeding! (is that even possible?). I fly Southwest a lot and they're always early.
We're regulars on SWA as well. For the most part, it seems we're always leaving a little behind schedule and some where in the air, they make up time to get us to our destination on time. I can count on 2 fingers how many times we've actually been early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Mouse View Post
As for the cash, the trick is to have your account at a big bank with branches and ATMs everywhere you want to travel, then you don't pay ATM fees.

Great chapter... ready for more.
The trick is to remember to get cash. Since most places take debit/credit cards, we usually just stick with that. We don't get much cash. Mostly for tips at the airport or to buy Mickey Bars from the little carts. Lady H and I each have our separate accounts still. Mine is with a big bank, but all my money went to bills. So there was no cash available on my card to take out.
__________________
Thumper_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #213
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!
 
pkondz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 6,571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Thanks Kar. Already working on the next chapter.
Gack! I haven't even read the last one yet! (Or Nebo's, or Laura's )

But I did get this today:

__________________
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice. - Allan Arbus as Dr. Sidney Freedman - RIP

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!



1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #214
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran
 
Thumper_Man's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Posts: 693

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Gack! I haven't even read the last one yet! (Or Nebo's, or Laura's )

But I did get this today:

You were right, you would get by this week! Although i think you mentioned you'd have it by Wednesday...

Sorry it took so long to get to you. Hope you liked it though.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be Yourself, Everyone else is already taken - Unknown



Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Thumper_Man's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #215
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran
 
Thumper_Man's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Posts: 693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Saturday August 25th, 2012. 5:00 am and visions of Disneyland were running through my dreams. No sooner is it 5:30 and the alarm goes off. Then again at 5:40 and one more time at 5:50. You think we would’ve just sprung up out of bed, but we have a memory foam mattress so there are no springs in our bed; plus we didn’t get the ejection feature either. So now we have to get ourselves up out of bed. You’ve all seen the commercial “I’m too excited too sleep,” I don’t know about Lady H, but that was me until I finally did fall asleep. Now all I wanted to do was sleep, at least a couple more hours. I tried calling Southwest and asked them to hold the plane for us; but they were not willing to. Shoot darn. Good thing is, it’s an hour and 40 minute flight, so at least I can take a nap on the plane.

Nope. Told you the night before I was going to take some Advil PM to make sure I get some sleep . Otherwise I would be worthless by the time we got to Anaheim. Since you say I fall asleep the minute I get in the car, I wanted to make sure I was bright eyed and bushy tailed for our trip.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
By the time we finished packing and actually got to bed the night before, think it was close to midnight; so we knew it would be just a quick nap. Think it was finally close to 2:00 that I fell asleep. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 9:15 am. Maybe we’ll get a text message saying our flight was delayed and we can sleep a couple of extra hours. Look at my smartphone and I have one text message. Hopes run high thinking maybe, just maybe, I can sleep a couple of more hours. Nope, text was from a friend wishing us a safe and happy trip. Stroll on over to the kitchen, turn on the coffee pot and proceed to wake Sleeping Beauty. I smile each time I can wake Lady H up just like Prince Phillip woke up Princess Aurora.
Sleeping Beauty huh? I'm sure your using that to butter me up for something later on...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Lady H and I head over to Hudson News to buy the paper. Our usual routine whenever we fly somewhere. They were out of the paper we usually buy. There’s another Hudson closer to our gate, we’ll check to see if they have it there. On our way to our gate, we notice the first item we forgot to pack. COFFEE. There’s a particular brand of coffee that is packaged and sold locally called New Mexico Pinon Coffee. This is the type of coffee we drink each morning. We meant to buy a small bag from the supermarket, but completely spaced it out. As luck would have it, they sell the small bags here in the airport at one of the kiosks. Instead of paying the $8 we would have at the supermarket, we’re paying almost double in the airport. With our bag in coffee in hand, we now head on down to one of the eateries for breakfast. We divide and concur. Lady H heads off in search for the paper, after reading the menu and telling me what she wants for breakfast. I stay and stand in the first of many long lines we’ll encounter during the week. I wait, and wait, and wait, and finally after 3 long minutes, I place our order. We both got a breakfast croissant, which had eggs, cheese and choice of ham, bacon or sausage. I got a sausage patty on mine while Lady H got bacon on hers.
Which they still never get right. I like my bacon extra crispy, and they never make it extra crispy. It's always limp and greasy and hard to chew and I end up taking it out of the sandwich at some point anyway. From what I remember, they said it was because they are using the pre-cooked stuff and only warm it up when making the sandwich, all I ask is that you take the bacon out of the sandwich, nuke it until it holds its own weight and then add it to the sandwich. Is that so hard? OK. Vent over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Lady H came back from her quest to find the newspaper.
And I still wasn't able to find the paper I wanted. I wanted the New Mexican, and obviously so did every other person in the airport because they were sold out of both Hudson News Stands. I had to settle for the Albuquerque Journal which isn't as fun, because it doesn't have the quiz or the good horoscopes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
I told Lady H, “For your sake, let’s hope she’s already sleeping.” Pilots are done in the restroom, take their seats and we push back from the hub. The pretty yellow stripe that is there for pilots to follow, well our pilots aren’t following it very good. As we taxi down the runway, I notice the plane is swerving from one side of the yellow strip to the other side of the yellow stripe. So much for my theories they had too much coffee or are suffering from the night before. I think they’re still drunk.
I was really worried about that lady...She looked like she was gonna be sick. Of course by mid flight she seemed to be rested enough. Now i was worried for the lady in front of her, who had one cup of coffee, and was ready to burst and was trying to get around the FA to get to the bathroom only to find it was occupied and had to wait. This happened not once, not twice, but three times during the hour and 45 minute flight.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
We forgot to get cash out of the ATM. Looks like we’re now doomed to pay the ATM fees.
I will put some of the blame for this on myself, since before we loaded onto the plane I noticed the ATM and thought to myself that we should get cash here, but then something distracted me, I'm sure something shiny flashed by or something and I spaced it. Ergo, no cash!
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be Yourself, Everyone else is already taken - Unknown



Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Thumper_Man's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #216
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along
 
nebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: near Chicago, Il
Posts: 2,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
rats. I was going to send you our address, but I thought for sure nebo must have already. (sometmes we don't communicate)
Whu, scribs on cave wall no gud nomore? Do I hafe to lurn cunifoam/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Heather and Mike, you have just reached your 5-year wedding anniversary, what are you going to do next?

Write out the wedding gift thank you notes.
yeah, well, I thought it was funny, never mind.


We’re going to Disneyland!!!!

we didn’t get the ejection feature either.
The WHAT bedtime feature? Oh, never mind. geesh

You’ve all seen the commercial “I’m too excited too sleep,” I don’t know about Lady H, but that was me until I finally did fall asleep. Now all I wanted to do was sleep, at least a couple more hours. I tried calling Southwest and asked them to hold the plane for us; but they were not willing to. Shoot darn. Good thing is, it’s an hour and 40 minute flight, so at least I can take a nap on the plane.

Wow, yeah, thats a short flight, I'm jealous. Ours is only 2 and a half, but seems like twenty to me. Shoot, you'[re walking distance.

By the time we finished packing and actually got to bed the night before, think it was close to midnight; so we knew it would be just a quick nap. Think it was finally close to 2:00 that I fell asleep. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 9:15 am. Maybe we’ll get a text message saying our flight was delayed and we can sleep a couple of extra hours. Look at my smartphone and I have one text message.
Don't you feel inferior when you have to refer to your stupid electronic gizmo as a "SmartPhone". I would, no way would I give it the pleasure.


Hopes run high thinking maybe, just maybe, I can sleep a couple of more hours. Nope, text was from a friend wishing us a safe and happy trip. Stroll on over to the kitchen, turn on the coffee pot and proceed to wake Sleeping Beauty. I smile each time I can wake Lady H up just like Prince Phillip woke up Princess Aurora. Sometimes it takes more than one kiss and a bucket of water, but eventually she wakes up. 5 minutes after waking up Sleeping Beauty, coffee is done so we each grab a cup and proceed to get ready. After a couple of cups of coffee and a hour later, we’re finally alert and ready to go. Pack any last minute stuff we may need, even though we’ve probably forgot something already.

That's where I've been good, so far 've never, ever forgotten something that I might need.

Now I don’t know about the rest of you, but it never seems to fail with us. There’s always one or 2 items you need, and when you start unpacking at the hotel that’s when it dawns on you. “Oh man, I forgot my super duper mega hold, holds like glue styling hair gel. Guess I’ll just have to buy a hat.”

Oh yes, believe me that would scare me, to forget my hair styling gel, but I can say that I've never forgotten that either.

Not like I have much hair left anyways. Soon I won’t need any glue, shampoo or conditioner.

Oh, that's a shame. If you need assistance on how to prevent that from happening, just call me, I have the answer. And it ends with the word, "Special" or, Weston.

Soon the bags are loaded into D’Mil car, as she’s going to take us to the airport and pick us up when we get back. Well let me rephrase that; the bags are loaded into D’Mil’s car and I will be driving us to/from the airport. D’Mil likes to think she’s Miss Daisy, sit in the back seat and let me drive.

I've never seen it, but does that make you Morgan Freeman?

After the bags have been loaded into her car, I do one final check for my carryon bag. "Carrion" Park Tickets, check. Boarding passes, check. Driver’s license, check. Smartphone, still on the nightstand. Run back and get it, now we’re all set. All systems are go.

Stealing this line from Nebo and Smidgy.

“AND WE’RE OFF!’

A "Great" way to start a trip!



Checking our luggage and getting through security was easy breezy. Smooth sailing. A walk in the park. Like taking candy from a baby. Although I hear taking candy from a baby can be difficult at times.

Baby faced Nelson? for example?

Lady H and I head over to Hudson News to buy the paper.

They have papers in New Mexico? Really? You're talking rolling, right?

Our usual routine whenever we fly somewhere. They were out of the paper we usually buy.

Boy, 35 years ago I could have filled in a name here, alas,,, nuttin.

We divide and concur.

I love this, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but doesn't matter, that's why typos can be such fun.

"Ok, here's our strategy for winning this battle:
I'll head straight up the flank on the rightside, you will use stealth from the left, slowly moving forward as our re-inforcements catch up, and we will rendezvous near the oak grove to the right of the machine gun nest, do you agree?

Absolutely, I concur.

(yes, you are right, wasn't worth it. "May not be a show stopper, but it can surely slow it down.")


Lady H came back from her quest to find the newspaper. We chow down on breakfast and no sooner did we finish than it was time for us to board.

Or in my case, spend the next half hour in the bathroom, and not the one on the airplane.
This is why I always make a point of stealing the keys out of the ignition on my way back out to the restroom.
"Nope, not going anywhere without me!"


Once on board, Lady H and I picked out our seats. One of our first observations, the pilots took turns going in and out of the restroom. We hoped it’s from having too much coffee and not from the party the night before. Only time will tell. On the plane, Heather had the aisle seat, I had the window seat and the middle seat was empty, for now.


Wow, that has exactly been our seating pattern fro the last four trips, she, aisle, me window, and good luck to whoever gets stuck betwixt us.


. The pretty yellow stripe that is there for pilots to follow, well our pilots aren’t following it very good. As we taxi down the runway, I notice the plane is swerving from one side of the yellow strip to the other side of the yellow stripe. So much for my theories they had too much coffee or are suffering from the night before. I think they’re still drunk.

Great, nothing like getting pulled over for a DUI in a 747 for weaving!

The flight attendants give their usual safety instructions and soon the pilots make that famous announcement, “we’ve been cleared for departure” and I start to pray.

"We pray now for our dearly departed." Who really wanted to take a train today,,,

“AND WE’RE OFF!”

Sorry, just had to say that one more time.

Understood, fun, isn't it?



Now that the audition is over (I never did see a producer approach her by the way) the captain has given the ok to NOW use our electronic devices. The “Flight Attendant,” makes her announcement that they will soon go through serving complimentary soft drinks, coffee or water. If you wish to purchase a Monster energy drink or cocktail, they only accept major credit/debit cards; or drink coupons if you have them. They no longer accept cash.

Isn't that great they don't accept cash now?
How long before you need to have a 3 digit number on your hand stamped like the book says will come to .


CASH!

We forgot to get cash out of the ATM. Looks like we’re now doomed to pay the ATM fees.

UH OH

While filling up our jet back at the airport, they must’ve put some kind of super fuel. We actually arrived in Los Angeles ahead of schedule. Which is a good thing. We actually got a tour of LAX and we didn’t even have to get off the plane or pay any extra fee. How thoughtful of them to give us a complimentary tour. The terminal we had to dock at must have been the terminal at the end; because each time we drove up to one, the pilots kept driving past it. Sometimes I even had to wonder if we were driving in circles. I could’ve sworn we passed the same terminal at least twice. Finally make it to our terminal.



Our last flight home from Orlando got us back 22 minutes ahead of schedule.
Cheers all around!

And then we spent the next half hour waiting for a terminal to open up, drove me absolutely crazy!
Just sitting there.
Or rolling at 3 miles per hour.



As we stepped off the moving staircase that lead down to baggage claim, Lightning McQueen was there to greet us.

Well how cool, my luck, I would have gotten Hopper!

Hey dude and dude ette;
great opening chapter, you act like you 've been doing this foreever, I'[m guessing this was mostly Mike this time? Again, nice job.
Ok, that's done, I've officially welcomed and sung your praises.
Now, the gloves come off, as you knew they would.
adios.
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:14 PM   #217
smidgy
dimples
 
smidgy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: chicago area
Posts: 6,699

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper_man's wife View Post








i will put some of the blame for this on myself, since before we loaded onto the plane i noticed the atm and thought to myself that we should get cash here, but then something distracted me, i'm sure something shiny flashed by or something and i spaced it. Ergo, no cash!
squirrel!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #218
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!
 
pkondz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 6,571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man's Wife View Post
You were right, you would get by this week! Although i think you mentioned you'd have it by Wednesday...

Sorry it took so long to get to you. Hope you liked it though.
I did! It's been a long week and it's just gotten a lot longer. I have three days off; Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My boss came up to me and the training that I told him I had to give the staff by the 15th? The training that he didn't want them to get for a couple of months? Suddenly he wants it done asap. So now I'm working 16 hours straight on Friday, 8 hours on Saturday and 8 hours on Sunday! My next day off is the 15th or 16th.

But when I picked up the mail today and saw the postcard, it put a smile on my face.

And now I have an idea of what World of Color is.
__________________
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice. - Allan Arbus as Dr. Sidney Freedman - RIP

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!



1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #219
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?
 
Thumper_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 6,408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man's Wife View Post
Nope. Told you the night before I was going to take some Advil PM to make sure I get some sleep . Otherwise I would be worthless by the time we got to Anaheim. Since you say I fall asleep the minute I get in the car, I wanted to make sure I was bright eyed and bushy tailed for our trip.
And bright eyed and bushy tailed you were, after a couple of cups of coffee.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man's Wife View Post
Sleeping Beauty huh? I'm sure your using that to butter me up for something later on...
Or later on tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man's Wife View Post
Which they still never get right. I like my bacon extra crispy, and they never make it extra crispy. It's always limp and greasy and hard to chew and I end up taking it out of the sandwich at some point anyway. From what I remember, they said it was because they are using the pre-cooked stuff and only warm it up when making the sandwich, all I ask is that you take the bacon out of the sandwich, nuke it until it holds its own weight and then add it to the sandwich. Is that so hard? OK. Vent over.
I told them. We just might have to start bringing you bacon from home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man's Wife View Post
And I still wasn't able to find the paper I wanted. I wanted the New Mexican, and obviously so did every other person in the airport because they were sold out of both Hudson News Stands. I had to settle for the Albuquerque Journal which isn't as fun, because it doesn't have the quiz or the good horoscopes.
I still say they hadn't delivered them yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man's Wife View Post
I was really worried about that lady...She looked like she was gonna be sick. Of course by mid flight she seemed to be rested enough. Now i was worried for the lady in front of her, who had one cup of coffee, and was ready to burst and was trying to get around the FA to get to the bathroom only to find it was occupied and had to wait. This happened not once, not twice, but three times during the hour and 45 minute flight.
I guess I missed that one. Hunger Games had my attention. I hope the odds were ever in her favor.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man's Wife View Post
I will put some of the blame for this on myself, since before we loaded onto the plane I noticed the ATM and thought to myself that we should get cash here, but then something distracted me, I'm sure something shiny flashed by or something and I spaced it. Ergo, no cash!
That's quite alright. We still managed.
__________________
Thumper_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #220
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?
 
Thumper_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 6,408

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Whu, scribs on cave wall no gud nomore? Do I hafe to lurn cunifoam/
You could always send her a telegram. You still remember how to send those right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Write out the wedding gift thank you notes.
yeah, well, I thought it was funny, never mind.
I knew we forgot to do something. Better late than never?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Wow, yeah, thats a short flight, I'm jealous. Ours is only 2 and a half, but seems like twenty to me. Shoot, you'[re walking distance.
Well now I'm jealous. When we fly to WDW that flight was about 3 1/2 hours. It's still about 3 1/2 hours, but it's going to take us even longer to get to Orlando this year. SWA used to have at least one direct flight to MCO, but they eliminated it. So now we have to change planes when we go in December. We'll leave at 10 am our time, and won't get to Orlando until 6 pm their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Don't you feel inferior when you have to refer to your stupid electronic gizmo as a "SmartPhone". I would, no way would I give it the pleasure.
I just use the technical term. Half the time I'm calling it something else. insert curse word of choice here phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
That's where I've been good, so far 've never, ever forgotten something that I might need.
And if you did, just turn around to go get it. Even if it means driving an extra 2 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Oh yes, believe me that would scare me, to forget my hair styling gel, but I can say that I've never forgotten that either.
I noticed in your pictures that your mustache stays put rather nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
I've never seen it, but does that make you Morgan Freeman?
Yes'um Mr. Nebo sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
A "Great" way to start a trip!
We thought so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Baby faced Nelson? for example?
Baby faced who? Not referring to Ponzi here are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
They have papers in New Mexico? Really? You're talking rolling, right?
We even have indoor plumbing and electricity. Water we still need to draw from the well though. When it decides to rain and we have water that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
I love this, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but doesn't matter, that's why typos can be such fun.

"Ok, here's our strategy for winning this battle:
I'll head straight up the flank on the rightside, you will use stealth from the left, slowly moving forward as our re-inforcements catch up, and we will rendezvous near the oak grove to the right of the machine gun nest, do you agree?

Absolutely, I concur.

(yes, you are right, wasn't worth it. "May not be a show stopper, but it can surely slow it down.")
Ha Ha! That was a typo, a major typo Funny how it did work out though. We did concur who would go get what though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
This is why I always make a point of stealing the keys out of the ignition on my way back out to the restroom.
"Nope, not going anywhere without me!"
Don't want Smidgy leaving you behind huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Wow, that has exactly been our seating pattern fro the last four trips, she, aisle, me window, and good luck to whoever gets stuck betwixt us.
Actually, no one did ever sit between us. We had the whole row to ourselves. I guess we looked suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Great, nothing like getting pulled over for a DUI in a 747 for weaving!
I was thinking the same thing, but never happened. Just glad we made it to LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Understood, fun, isn't it?
I concur!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Isn't that great they don't accept cash now?
How long before you need to have a 3 digit number on your hand stamped like the book says will come to.
Won't be a 3 digit number. They have microchips for pets. I'm guessing we'll be next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Our last flight home from Orlando got us back 22 minutes ahead of schedule.
Cheers all around!

And then we spent the next half hour waiting for a terminal to open up, drove me absolutely crazy!
Just sitting there.
Or rolling at 3 miles per hour.
So does that mean you arrived 8 minutes late?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Well how cool, my luck, I would have gotten Hopper!

Hey dude and dude ette;
great opening chapter, you act like you 've been doing this foreever, I'[m guessing this was mostly Mike this time? Again, nice job.
What makes you guess that? Don't let the fact that I wrote the pre-trip influence your guess. Thanks though. Coming from you, that's a big compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Ok, that's done, I've officially welcomed and sung your praises.
Now, the gloves come off, as you knew they would.
adios.
Are you sure you should be taking the gloves off? The doctor clear you for that already? You know how the rash spreads.

Thanks for chiming in Nebo.

Talk to you tomorrow. Literally.
__________________

Last edited by Thumper_Man; 09-07-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Thumper_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #221
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?
 
Thumper_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 6,408

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
I did! It's been a long week and it's just gotten a lot longer. I have three days off; Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My boss came up to me and the training that I told him I had to give the staff by the 15th? The training that he didn't want them to get for a couple of months? Suddenly he wants it done asap. So now I'm working 16 hours straight on Friday, 8 hours on Saturday and 8 hours on Sunday! My next day off is the 15th or 16th.

But when I picked up the mail today and saw the postcard, it put a smile on my face.

And now I have an idea of what World of Color is.
Since you said you would experience WoC through us, we thought it was the perfect postcard to send you. Glad you liked it and that we could put a smile on your face.
__________________
Thumper_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #222
bankr63
DIS Veteran
 
bankr63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 1,292

Hi T-Man and TMW!

Yes I know I am quoting from, like, 3 weeks ago. Summer vacay causes DisBoard Interruptus followed by a bad case of Catchupitis. I think I'm getting better slowly. FWIW, I'm catching up on yours BEFORE I tackle Nebo's. Of course to fall behind on a Nebo report is to fall hopelessly behind, I may never make up time there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
So you saying I shouldn't visit Winnipeg anytime soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
No. I'm saying nobody visits Winnipeg, any time.
This got me to thinking. I'm a Canuck and even I don't know much about about the Peg; aside from Portage and Main is windier than Chicago. So I went to the Winnipeg Tourism site to see what there is to do. (Did ya'll know you have a tourism site Ponzi?)

Checked out the "One Week Itinerary". Winnipeg doesn't appear to be a one week town. For the first 4 days it is nothing but restaurants and expensive shopping. Then when you are full and broke, they suggest a handful of museums for the last 3 days.

Nope, I'm sitll going to Disney next year.

Sorry Ponzi, don't mean to slag your hometown. Of course if everywhere was as exciting as Orlando, we wouldn't need Orlando...
__________________
M Ross

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #223
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran
 
Thumper_Man's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Posts: 693

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
I did! It's been a long week and it's just gotten a lot longer. I have three days off; Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My boss came up to me and the training that I told him I had to give the staff by the 15th? The training that he didn't want them to get for a couple of months? Suddenly he wants it done asap. So now I'm working 16 hours straight on Friday, 8 hours on Saturday and 8 hours on Sunday! My next day off is the 15th or 16th.

But when I picked up the mail today and saw the postcard, it put a smile on my face.

And now I have an idea of what World of Color is.
Yikes! I sure hope they are compensating you for all that over time, especially if you had this weekend off originally.

I'm glad we were able to brighten your day a little. We actually saw that post card a couple days before your request. T-Man's words went something like, "If Pkondz sends a request, we have to get him that card!!!!" in which I dutifully said..."Yessir... "
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be Yourself, Everyone else is already taken - Unknown



Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Thumper_Man's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #224
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran
 
Thumper_Man's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Posts: 693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
I told them. We just might have to start bringing you bacon from home.
Well that could be an interesting conversation at security check...
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be Yourself, Everyone else is already taken - Unknown



Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Thumper_Man's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #225
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!
 
pkondz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 6,571

Okay, I'm 15 hours into my shift and I've got a couple minutes while my trainee writes her exam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
This got me to thinking. I'm a Canuck and even I don't know much about about the Peg; aside from Portage and Main is windier than Chicago. So I went to the Winnipeg Tourism site to see what there is to do. (Did ya'll know you have a tourism site Ponzi?)

Checked out the "One Week Itinerary". Winnipeg doesn't appear to be a one week town. For the first 4 days it is nothing but restaurants and expensive shopping. Then when you are full and broke, they suggest a handful of museums for the last 3 days.

Nope, I'm sitll going to Disney next year.

Sorry Ponzi, don't mean to slag your hometown. Of course if everywhere was as exciting as Orlando, we wouldn't need Orlando...
Well lets see.... we've got the Mint (see money being made... cry 'cause you can't have any)
We've got the Forks (Fork of Assiniboine and Red rivers... a meeting place for 100s of years... probably now our #1 tourist attraction)
The zoo... it's a zoo... animals and such... whatever...
Ummm.....
We'll eventually have the extremely expensive and horribly bloated Human Rights Museum
Ummmm....
Uhhh....

Yeah, that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man's Wife View Post
Yikes! I sure hope they are compensating you for all that over time, especially if you had this weekend off originally.

I'm glad we were able to brighten your day a little. We actually saw that post card a couple days before your request. T-Man's words went something like, "If Pkondz sends a request, we have to get him that card!!!!" in which I dutifully said..."Yessir... "
I knew as soon as I saw the card that you picked it on purpose. I immediately thought "Wow! They remembered!" Which officially puts you in the very teeny tiny 'I actually once listened to pkondz' club.

Yes, the company is paying through the nose for this... otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Oh, great... now I'm giddy with exhaustion.

one more hour.... one more hour...
__________________
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice. - Allan Arbus as Dr. Sidney Freedman - RIP

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!



1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
disneyland trip 2012



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: