Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 07:25 PM   #91
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
So...if the white van was your ONLY choice, you would refuse it, and do what? Walk? Call a taxi? Rent a car? That's even more money.

I'm so confused by this. What was it, ONE person said the van they were in was smelly? What if the people near you on the bus are smelly? Or the driver. Don't want to make small talk? Then don't.

I hope none of you ever visit a foreign country and need to use transportation there. It definitely ain't Disney.

Pitiful.
It's NOT the only choice. There are Motor Coaches there. Ever heard the saying 'the squeaky wheel gets the grease'? One doesn't have to be rude but can be assertive. There is a difference. I for one, will not ride in a smelly uncomfortable van, that is clearly not the same caliber as a motor coach and Disney knows it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsmithfl1782 View Post
I have been looking into this as well, and just re-read what the ground transfers page says on the DCL site:

Ground Transportation
1. Prior to the start of your vacation, you will receive a Documentation Packet that includes special luggage tags . Attach the tags to your luggage and bring the included vouchers with you to the airport.

2. At your hometown airport, check your luggage as you normally would at the start of a trip.

3. Upon landing at Orlando International Airport, skip baggage claim and proceed directly to the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center located on Side B, Level 1 - Ground Transportation level. Disney will collect your luggage and deliver it to your stateroom. (International Guests arriving in Orlando must first claim their luggage and clear Customs and Immigration. Once cleared, luggage will then be returned to the main baggage claim where Disney Cruise Line will collect and deliver it to the Guest's stateroom.)

4. From the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center, you're off to your Disney Cruise Line ship! Board a deluxe, air-conditioned motor coach, sit back and relax as we chauffer you to the Disney Cruise Line Terminal at Port Canaveral.

5. After your cruise has ended, return back to Orlando International Airport in a deluxe air-conditioned motor coach.

So it does sound like Mears are trying to not follow or supply what DCL are selling.
Yes, and they are being deceptive here and while they do not specifically state that that you will not get a motor coach back to your hotel...unless they are sending EVERYONE back to hotels in vans, I would be one of the ones on the motor coach... Again, the squeaky wheel gets the grease... if you tolerate it, and don't complain at the time, it's a bit too late, to complain later, at least IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
I just thought I'd quote this again, because when people are paying for the Disney bus, they're paying for it to take them back to the airport.
It doesn't specify the resorts, which is what the OP was talking about.
True, it doesn't. So WDW guests are supposed to get second class transportation when they are going to continue to spend more money at Disney?? That's a BRILLIANT marketing idea!!! NOT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyandangiesmom View Post
When you are purchasing and paying for a Disney transfer...that is EXACTLY what you are paying for...DISNEY to TRANSFER you...in a boat, in a plane, in a van , in a bus......! You are paying for the CONVENIENCE that YOU do NOT have to worry about getting from point A to point B!

We have used Disney transfers all over the world...we do this because WE do not have to worry! Not the cheapest but trsutworthy! And not always scattered with Mickeys might I add!

You could always rent a car and deal with the return hassle at Port Canaveral...you could find the best limo to take you to your resort without any stops (which the BIG bus would do).

I get the disappointment, but I also have rose colored glasses when I take a DIsney trip....sometimes they side with me, sometimes not...but you need to express your disappointment WHEN it is happening...not after the fact....they can fix things that are bad...they aren't gonna comp you......
bolding is mine...
YOU may be paying just for convenience. I am also paying for adequate, CLEAN, COMFORTABLE, conditions. Would you accept a smelly cabin on the ship? I would hope not! Would you accept a smelly room at WDW? I wouldn't! Therefore, I would not/will not accept less in my transportation services when I am PAYING for them. This isn't ME where it is a FREE service. It is a paid for service. Therefore, I expect and will accept nothing less than clean, comfortable transportation which is not a smelly van when there are motor coach buses sitting there. We will have to agree to disagree. Because I will be the squeaky wheel. I do think the OP should call and express their displeasure about the odor and the fact that the feel it was not right 'expect' a motor coach and then be placed in a van. I don't think it's fair to expect compensation. I really think the OP should have truly expressed their displeasure at the time of transfer not after they got home. But that's JMHO.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:17 AM   #92
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

I just had to come back to this thread and post this!!!!
In the Burgundy 2012 DCL Book page 63 and I quote:

GROUND TRANSFERS
A worry-free wonder. "Ground Transfer" is just a fancy way to say we'll pick you up and drive you from the airport to either the ship or your hotel, depending on where you're supposed to go. They're available for all our vacations programs.

-Riding is easier than looking for a ride. Transfers get you to and from the airport, your hotel and the ship on comfy, air-conditioned motor coaches.

NOTE!!! and this book printed by Disney it clearly states BACK to your hotel and not just the airport... I will be taking this book with me as this is THEIR LITERATURE! To not provide what you advertise is 'false advertising' especially when you have them sitting there in the parking lot!

I SO wish I could scan this!!!!

Last edited by stitchlovestink; 09-25-2012 at 01:36 AM. Reason: fix spelling error
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: