Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #31
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover
Who would I contact to complain?? Is there a phone number or email address??
If you go on the DCL website and go to contact you can fill out the email and they will respond.

They may give you a refund or do something about it I know a couple people had bad experinces in NYC that got a refund.

I was shocked to hear about this as we have taken the bus back to WDW which is the norm. Sounds like poor planning on Mears part. Thanks for posting and letting us know this is possible

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #32
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

Im not looking to getting a refund although we wouldnt decline it
We just were dissapointed and would like it to not happen again.

ME DH DS
Disneyland (hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/2005 & 12/2005 Disney Fairytale Wedding at Disneyland 6/2005; Walt Disney World 2/2004, 6/2005, 5/2012; Port Orleans Riverside 2/2004 & 6/2005; All Star Movies Resort 5/2012; Disney Wonder 6/2005; Disney Dream 4/2012; Disney Fantasy 5/2014
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #33
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytalelover View Post
Im not looking to getting a refund although we wouldnt decline it
We just were dissapointed and would like it to not happen again.
I think you should try to contact Mears and let them know you are not looking for a refund but you are not happy with their service. I think you should also contact DCL and ask that if passengers are transported in vans and buses that information is reflected in their literature. Then people would at least have a heads up about the situation.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #34
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Well I told my travel agent and she told me that she believes it may be random as you are standing in line and we should specifically ask them to direct us to a bus next time and we sure will. You may think that this is petty but honestly, we enjoy all of the little things on a Disney trip. We think they make it special and add to our fun. Even getting on a Disney bus that shows Disney programs on the tv screen is special and adds to the fun for us.
I completely understand! We were placed on an ugly yellow MEARS bus for our first ever ME trip to WDw last year. Great way to start our vacation...not! I'll be darned if we didn't get the same bus on the way back to the airport too!! I was highly disappointed but it was free so who can complain, right? If it had happened when I paid $$$ for the DCL bus, you bet I'd be on the phone. I could book a van on my own and save a bunch of $$ in the process. It is the Disney part I was willing to pay extra for? Sorry that happened to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Was the van named Fillmore? If so, the smell was probably something herbal.

Woody
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC

disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #35
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran

I think they should give people a choice and tell them that if they would like to get to the resort faster they have the choice of taking the van. Im sure there will always be people available who are not so into the "disney experience" as we are and dont mind taking the van. This would leave more room for the rest of us who want to take our time and enjoy every moment of our disney vacation.

ME DH DS
Disneyland (hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/2005 & 12/2005 Disney Fairytale Wedding at Disneyland 6/2005; Walt Disney World 2/2004, 6/2005, 5/2012; Port Orleans Riverside 2/2004 & 6/2005; All Star Movies Resort 5/2012; Disney Wonder 6/2005; Disney Dream 4/2012; Disney Fantasy 5/2014
fairytalelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #36
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We were on vacation. Not in a rush. We didnt care if we got there a few minutes faster. We wanted the Disney experience which made it magical for us. On the way to the ship we all truly enjoyed the DCL bus and the cartoons on the way there etc.... It was comfortable, clean and nice. There were tons of DCL buses lined up at the port when we got in line and others were put on the buses and a few of us were directed to the van. I dont want my money back. Not worth the trouble. Just upset that we were not given a choice. If I pay for disney transportation, I want Disney transportation. I dont think I am being unreasonable. Especially for those of us who have been on many disney vacations and are used to the "magical" experience, and are happy to pay for it, it's a let down when we dont get it without notice.
It was NOT comfortable, it was not nice and we didn't like it. Also, the disney bus has a potty and my son had to use the potty during the drive and had to wait...almost had an accident. Not happy.
I am not going to try and tell you why it wasn't so bad or make excuses - just want to tell you I don't blame you for being upset and I would have been to. Especially with the lack of toilet for your son.
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #37
ppony
Artist in residence

I don't blame you for being angry OP. I would be too! Those transfers aren't cheap and if I knew I was going to be chucked in a regular van, I'd rent a car or limo. A limo was actually a great way to ride for the 4 of us and barely cost more than transfers would have.

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #38
Disney 24/7
Mouseketeer

Hated the van after doing the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy. I would prefer the bus because at least it has a bathroom.
Disney 24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:52 PM   #39
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I have read before about the white vans. I would NEVER expect them to be gross and rusty, though. And the carseat issue is a very real one; DS at home will be in a booster until he's 4'9" and we do the same *wherever we travel*, so for him to be without a booster because we thought we'd have a *bus* would be a big problem for us.

However, I do want some people to think about the logic of giving "lesser" transportation to those going to a WDW resort. Those people are about to spend MORE money with Disney. It makes absolutely, positively, NO sense to think that they don't deserve the nice coach. If one deserves a pretty bus coming *from* a WDW resort, they don't UN-deserve it going TO a WDW resort.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #40
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

I must be in the minority about the van. I didn't ride in one that was smelly and rusty, though. But I liked the fact that I was able to get back to Beach Club faster than taking the motorcoach. My time is valuable to me on vacation, and the shorter ride pleased me.

I was actually more annoyed going to the port FROM the Beach Club on the motorcoach. We had some odd delays and an extra pickup at a resort after two bus drivers tried to figure out what dispatch wanted. We didn't get to port until about 2pm.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #41
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarRosie View Post
I must be in the minority about the van. I didn't ride in one that was smelly and rusty, though. But I liked the fact that I was able to get back to Beach Club faster than taking the motorcoach. My time is valuable to me on vacation, and the shorter ride pleased me.

I was actually more annoyed going to the port FROM the Beach Club on the motorcoach. We had some odd delays and an extra pickup at a resort after two bus drivers tried to figure out what dispatch wanted. We didn't get to port until about 2pm.
I agree with you. I think it is funny that people are complaining about taking less time to get to WDW. Most people just want to get there, not wait around forever at the port.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #42
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
I agree with you. I think it is funny that people are complaining about taking less time to get to WDW. Most people just want to get there, not wait around forever at the port.
Because different people have different plans.
For instance, we were just lounging at AKL on our debarkarion day, so we're in no rush and I paid oodles of $$ for a Disney bus. If I'd wanted to ride a generic van I could've saved some cash.
For others, I am sure some are going to a park that day and would like to get there quickly, so maybe they don't mind the van.
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC

disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #43
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

I think it's funny about people complaining about riding the white vans, we did twice after cruises, both times going to WDW. I'd say after pulling out of the parking lot and going on the rode I didn't even notice, but we are both adults, if you have kids you might want a bus for the movie, etc
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #44
jlwhitney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
Because different people have different plans.
For instance, we were just lounging at AKL on our debarkarion day, so we're in no rush and I paid oodles of $$ for a Disney bus. If I'd wanted to ride a generic van I could've saved some cash.
For others, I am sure some are going to a park that day and would like to get there quickly, so maybe they don't mind the van.
The point of buying DIsney Transfers is not really for a disney bus but a convience and extra security in not missing the boat and such. Its a service....and an overpirced one for familes.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #45
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwhitney View Post
The point of buying DIsney Transfers is not really for a disney bus but a convience and extra security in not missing the boat and such. Its a service....and an overpirced one for familes.
I have to respectfully disagree in part to the first part of your post, about what the "point" of buying the Disney transfer is. That may be the entire point to you, but not to others. it may be only part of what they want it for and expect out of it.

I agree whole-heartedly on the last portion of you post though, highly overpriced for families.

If I'm paying the same dollars for my transfer out as well as back, it's reasoable, to me, to expect the same accomodations. A bus, IMO, is FAR more comfortable than a van.

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: