Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #46
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
drooling at that strawberry shortcake
Ha! Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadedmermaid73 View Post
I can't wait to hear about your audition! I've always wanted to try out but I'm too chicken!
DOOO IIITTTT... They're accepting electronic submissions right now, you could start with that! It's best if you feel uncomfortable to just take a friend with you, even if they don't want to do the job, and then you have someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
That Belle shirt is cute! I love the dress redesign (p.s. disney, this is how you ~update character designs, not that weird plasticky way you did Cinderella) and her hair especially. So swooshy!

I love the World Showcase architecture. It's nice just to walk through there, it's so relaxing and lovely. Good job Imagineers!
I know!! And I like that some of the merch has Ariel's park dress on them instead of the pink one!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 09-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #47
katt789
DIS Veteran

The Audition

Where I left off, I had just arrived back at All Star Sports and was starting to prepare for my audition! Yay! For those of you who are relatively new followers, I’ll fill ya in:

-Disney is my absolute love! My first trip down there was in May of 2011, and since then I’ve been 6 times, plus one trip out to DLR, I absolutely love the magic and imagination of it all, and have wished that I could possibly be on the other side of the magic.

-I’ve been dancing/performing in some kind of dance, gymnastics, cheerleading or theatre my entire life, and just in these past few years, realized that you can actually live on acting, without being in Hollywood, and am now leaning towards pursuing that type of a career over the ones I had in mind before!

-Last December, a friend and I went out to WDW and did a very general audition for Pararde/show movers, character performers, and character look alikes. I had done a bunch of research about that audition, and had done a lot for this audition as well (which is pretty hard considering three quarters of the “information” you find on the internet is complete and total b.s. Seriously. Don’t believe everything you read online…) In that audition, we both got cut after the first round, but weren’t bummed, I mean, we went straight back to Magic Kingdom, and had made some new friends.

-Since then, I’ve started keeping an eye more on auditions, and not just being all “LET’S GO NOW” and talking to CP people and current CMs and finding out when is the better time to audition, etc. Since there were a TON of “Look alike” (aka face character, princesses, fairies, etc) auditions that were popping up on the site, and they were doing them all around the states, I decided now would be a good time to go, so even though money was tight, I bit the bullet, and went!

SO, I got back to the hotel room, turned on some Disney music to pump myself up, and started to get ready, I wouldn’t have returned so early if I just had to fix my hair, wash my make up off and then re-do it, but there was a bigger issue to deal with today. So, I started on doing the previous mentioned, and then set out on my bigger project, covering my tattoo…it’s a super tiny Gemini sign, on my front hip, but it’s there. Ugh. I’m one of those people who got it on a whim, and now seriously regret it, especially since I want to work for Disney. Thankfully, I got some dermablend, and with the help of a blow dryer, it dries super quickly, and I was able to cover it completely!

See? Tattoo be gone! (On the SUPER downside, at the end of the day, when it’s completely dry, it’s about 2-3 shades darker than my actual skin tone…FML…sometimes I really hate being so pasty. BUT, in the meantime, it works wonders)

I’m all ready to go! It was now 2:00pm, when I left the hotel, grabbing a cab, and telling him where I needed to go…unluckily, he took me to the Animal Kingdom’s cast member entrance…good try….good try…but we got there soon enough!

I rounded the corner to see a few girls there already, (it was 2:20, sign in starts at 3:00, with the audition starting at 4:00) I wrote in my trip journal that there were about 30, but I seriously got that wrong, there were 9. HA! Everyone had different looks, heights, clothes, skin tones, face shapes, everything, and from what I could see, there weren’t a whole lot of super tiny, Periwinkle types (in the call for her, it said she needed to be “very slender” and under 5’2’’. So I had that whole concern of being the “big girl” at this audition, even more so than a normal one. Ugh. Thankfully, that wasn’t as true as it could have been) There were also a lot of girls that had brought their parents with them…

At approximately 3:00pm, they let us in the room, and had us all measured (in barefeet), and signed in, where you wrote your name, gender, and the height they gave you down, and they gave you a number. I was measured at 64.75, and given a sticker with the number 10 on it!

While everyone else signed in, we slowly spread out around the gym, and I started making friends with the girl sitting beside me (and we currently follow each other on tumblr) she had gotten all the way through an audition before, and had got fitted to be friends with a princess, but then never got the call back. She also currently was working in Magic Kingdom on Main St, we chatted for a bit about her previous auditions, and mine, our love of Disney, etc before they called us all for attention.

There were about 150 of us all in total, and I guess because of that, they taught us all this really simply, mainly arms, “movement” combo, then split us into groups of 30, and took us into a separate room, where we performed it twice. Once done the movement, we stood in a line smiling while they looked at all of us, and then they made their first cuts. Which included me. I said goodbye to my new friend, wished her luck for the rest of the day, and she promised she’d tell me all about it.

So there ya go! I had a goal to make it farther than the last time, which, technically, I didn’t, but I seriously couldn’t be sad, I was in Disney World!! For future reference, the friend I made during the audition, made it all the way through again, and was fitted to be friends with Rapunzel! Yay! From the audition, I called a cab, and waited around for it for far too long, before heading to the TTC!

I hope this update wasn’t too boring for you, I tried to include as much information as possible without crossing any lines. Obviously, they don’t allow pictures or video during it, and they try to keep as much of it as private as possible, but I’ve read more revealing factors than what I included in here online before.

If you’re planning on auditioning; the process goes just like I said, but sometimes, they will line all 150 (or whatever) of you up, and just look at you first, then do cuts, then do movement, after that comes an “animation” exercise, which is like, “mime-ing meeting your favorite character” or such. And that’s all I really know! Don’t be discouraged if you go and get cut, it just means they weren’t looking for your specific look at that time, sometimes they might just say “princesses” in the audition, but they might only be looking for 1 or 2, come back in 6 months, and try again.

I will be going to more auditions, and I have plans to just smile with my teeth more (huge problem of mine, and I mean, that can’t happen in Disney) and to lose a bit more weight. (NOT that I think I’m fat, I’m just honestly trying to get my chest size down. Lawl, you don’t see many busty princesses!) and I’m going to keep trying! To update, they are currently taking electronic submissions, and I’ve submitted myself for that, and last time I heard back within a few days, and still haven’t heard back yet, so I take that as good news! Yay! (Update to current: there have been people who have heard back no, and they took the posting down finally after bumping the deadline again and again. Now they’ve re posted it, with only looking for Tink, Ariel & Rapunzel, and I still haven’t heard anything….it’s been around a month, if not longer!)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #48
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hear you didn't make it any farther. It sounds like you had a lot of fun though! Hopefully the next time you try out you'll make it all the way!
Old 09-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #49
dara00
DIS Veteran

gah. keep trying and you'll get there, I'm sure of it!

did they inspect you to make sure you don't have any tattoos, or would that have come later?

eta: redheadmermaid - you have the same days left on your counter as I do - that means we have the same b.day?? (nov. 10)

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 09-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #50
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00

did they inspect you to make sure you don't have any tattoos, or would that have come later?

eta: redheadmermaid - you have the same days left on your counter as I do - that means we have the same b.day?? (nov. 10)
Yes!! November 10!! The best day of the entire year lol! Will you be in the World then?
Old 09-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #51
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes!! November 10!! The best day of the entire year lol! Will you be in the World then?
yes I will! I'm running in the wine and dine marathon that night. sunday morning I'm celebrating at cape may cafe!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 09-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #52
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
yes I will! I'm running in the wine and dine marathon that night. sunday morning I'm celebrating at cape may cafe!
Sounds fun! DH has to work that day but we are going to Epcot and Coral Reef restaurant after he gets off.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #53
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry to hear you didn't make it any farther. It sounds like you had a lot of fun though! Hopefully the next time you try out you'll make it all the way!
Haha, no worries, it really is hard to be sad when you're in DisneyWorld haha. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated on what I hear back from the electronic submissions!

Quote:

I'm doing my best!! And no, they didn't, there were even girls with visible tattoos (running up their sides, big ones, like, if your shirt & pants don't meet each other completely, you can see them, or on their feet) that were in the room, I'm sure they would do it later, and I would never lie about it, but just wanted to make sure they knew I'd be more than okay with covering it up

Quote:
Quote:
AH! Sylvia's birthday is the 9th! We were originally going to be there for it, but it looks like our trip will be pushed a little bit now!

Old 09-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #54
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

AH! Sylvia's birthday is the 9th! We were originally going to be there for it, but it looks like our trip will be pushed a little bit now!
Aw to bad! We could have done one big giant birthday meetup!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #55
Merida
DIS Veteran

Wow, the auditions sound really.. hard? idk, to wait all that time and then they don't talk to everyone. I much prefer online application stuff because I can pretend that they looked at my resume. And the other people auditioning sound nice too, which is always good! Have you ever seen someone from an audition as their friend in the parks?

Oh goodness, I feel so bad whenever Ariel is on merch in her pink dress. The green one is just so much more flattering! I wish there was some merch of her sea foam dress because how cool (and sparkly!) would that be?!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #56
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Sounds like you at least had fun at the audition! Thanks for sharing all of the info--I find it fascinating!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #57
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Aw to bad! We could have done one big giant birthday meetup!
Haha that would have been great!!

Old 09-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #58
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Wow, the auditions sound really.. hard? idk, to wait all that time and then they don't talk to everyone. I much prefer online application stuff because I can pretend that they looked at my resume. And the other people auditioning sound nice too, which is always good! Have you ever seen someone from an audition as their friend in the parks?

Oh goodness, I feel so bad whenever Ariel is on merch in her pink dress. The green one is just so much more flattering! I wish there was some merch of her sea foam dress because how cool (and sparkly!) would that be?!
Baha, the auditions are the easiest things in the world! Haha, a lot of the people who have no dance experience get intimidated by the fact that they have to do a "movement" combination, but it's so easy that every does okay with it. I definitely prefer to get there an hour before the check in and be in the first group of people, so that if I do get cut, I'm not there forever, and I don't have to wait as long as some other people.

I don't *think* I've seen anyone as a friend out in the park, the girl I spent talking to this time around I might see hanging out with Rapunzel in the future, but honestly, I'd doubt if I'd recognize them! Once you're as in costume as they are, sometimes it's hard to recognize anyone at all, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Sounds like you at least had fun at the audition! Thanks for sharing all of the info--I find it fascinating!
Haha, it was great, and sooner or later, I know I'll be down there working, haha. No probs, I do my best to give as much info as I can without giving too much away haha

Old 09-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #59
katt789
DIS Veteran

You Can't Be Sad In Disney!

With my audition experience behind me, I arrived at the TTC, paid the cab, and then wandered over the main area, debating on which method of transportation I wanted to take next! Well, I may love the ferry, but c’mon, I am IN love with the MONORAAAAAIIILLL. I arrived quickly, cleared bag check & security and headed inot he park. The princess line was posted at a 25 minute wait, so I jumped in line (right at 5:35) One of the pictures was a crown, which meant it could be either Aurora or Rapunzel! Yay!

While in line, my thoughts went “I’M IN DISNEY WORLD” which kept happening throughout these few days, and….another complaint. It clearly happens more when I’m solo, but seriously, control your kids in line. Like, they don’t have to be standing completely still not moving, they’re kids, I get that, I’ve worked with them for years. Playing around, or yelling, I don’t care, but once they are running in circles around ME, won’t stop moving into my space, and then starts fighting with their siblings, and ends up hitting and kicking me…repetitively…it’s time to stop them. When it happens that often and much, the LEAST you could do is apologize or get them to apologize…really… #rantover.

Soon enough, I was away from the annoying kids, and into the princess room (and I’m 100% it was different than the last one I was in…I came into the room on the opposite side than nomal…hmmm) Cinderella was first, and was super cute, she complimented my shoes, and said it was good that they have straps on them so I wouldn’t lose them!

Belle was next, and she was, well, just awkward. I don’t know if she was new, tired, or what, but she was just awkward.

Rapunzel was last! Yay! And she was GREAT! Seriously.

She greeted me like an old friend, said she likes the long blonde hair, and the braid! Then asked me what I’d done today, I replied with “Oh wow, it’s been crazy, I got up early, I traveled to Asia, fought off a yeti, traveled through many countries, went to France to hang out with Belle for a little bit, and then even went to an audition to be friends with guys like you!” She said “Oh wow! That sounds like quite the day, and adventure!” And then had us pose in her signature pose!

I then just kinda wandered through the Magic Kingdom, soaking it all up, and ended up circling the park twice. Oh! What’s that?! I SEE NAVEEN!!!

……but it’s not the Naveen I was looking for….boo…. I noticed I was getting hungry, so I ducked into Pinocchio’s and decided on the Caprese Flatbread.

It was delicious! Yum! (and kinda healthy….right? lol) It could have used a little bit more balsamic on it, which, when I went to through out my garbage, I saw they had packets of it with the condiments…D’oh! During my adventures while I ate, I witnessed quite the ordeal, there was a family with a toddler and a let’s say 6 year old across from me, and in the restaurant, while there were lots of people eating, the mom whips out what looks like a changing pad….and proceeds to change her kids diaper…on the table…in a restaurant….seriously?! There’s a bathroom right around the corner! Literally! It just seriously grossed me out, especially when she continued to put the dirty diaper on the table…I started to wonder if this was real life or not…

Shaking my head and just how some people’s brains work, I popped across Fantasyland and into Philharmagic to check things out, the wait time was posted at 10 minutes, but everything was super backed up inside, so I said no thank you and moved on.

It was about now that I decided that I wasn’t going to stick around the Magic Kingdom for the evening, I figured I would be the PARK HOPPING MASTER, and make it to all four parks in one day, in the middle of August, AND made it to an audition! Yay!

Old 10-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #60
MommyMX3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

Rapunzel was last! Yay! And she was GREAT! Seriously.

Between the two visits we've had (I know! A lot, right ) We've seen two different Rapunzel's (also different from yours), and they've been some of the best interactions we've had. Must be the hair

CB on NYE 2011-12, POR 2012

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: