Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
disneydad78
DDC #106
More important its about having some FUN!
We just LOVE its a small world!!;)

anyone else miss wearing crocs at wdw!

Remember couple years ago all the debates about wearing crocs at wdw! Dont you just miss that!!

I loved wearing mine! Mine where even camo crocs! AND WITH SOCKS!!

so cool so cool with the dream ears, dreamteam soarin 2008!
DISDADS member #106
(DD 16)(DS 12)(DS 8)(DW 32)(ME 35)
OffSite ('92) OffSite ('05) BonnetCreek ('07) BonnetCreek ('08) POR ('09) POR ('10) POR MVMCP ('11) POR MVMCP ('12) upcoming POR MNSSHP ('13)
disneydad78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
jenrose66
DIS Veteran

My kids bought me mine for mother's day a few years ago. They are the cotton candy mickey ears ones. I wear them to the parks and I have also been known to put them on with socks

Last edited by jenrose66; 08-08-2012 at 06:19 AM. Reason: grammar
jenrose66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #3
darrengs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydad78 View Post
Remember couple years ago all the debates about wearing crocs at wdw! Dont you just miss that!!

I loved wearing mine! Mine where even camo crocs! AND WITH SOCKS!!

so cool so cool with the dream ears, dreamteam soarin 2008!

Rockin' the Crocs with socks! Way to go

darrengs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

I had to chuckle when I read this.

I'm one of those people who just hates the way crocks look (with or without socks) so I'm pleased that the fad is over.

Now all we have to do is spread the message to all the people who still wear them.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

I wear my Mary Jane style Crocs sockless - I like them because when it rains, it isn't a big deal; my sneakers don't get soaked

Off (dry) season, I'm a sneaker gal.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
I had to chuckle when I read this.

I'm one of those people who just hates the way crocks look (with or without socks) so I'm pleased that the fad is over.

Now all we have to do is spread the message to all the people who still wear them.
Too late to spread to the message to me, I just got a new pair in the mail yesterday! I loooooooooooooove my Crocs. All eleven pairs. My Mickey ones are my favorites of course. I know they are kinda ugly Jeff, but there is nothing like them for comfort walking all day at WDW. I do try to maintain some semblance of style though....I never wear them with socks.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Why do people hate on crocs ! They are so comfortable, no blisters, no wet shoes when it rains, and lightweight. Now that I'm out of school I can go to WDW during off season/not in the summer so I can wear normal shoes NOW but I embrace others who wear crocs!
princessmelinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
RoyalMom
Mouseketeer

I never much cared for the look of them either, but when I found that they make pretty styles too I had to snatch up a pair. they really are ideal for the parks!

http://images.crocs.com/is/image/Cro...001_ALT100.jpg

DH Me DD8 DD6 DS3
RoyalMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #9
lilmrsellis
Wishing upon a star...

I HATE Croc clogs! I think they look ridiculous (to each their own), but Crocs sandals are the only sandals in history I could wear to a theme park. SO comfortable! Every time I find a style I like, the discontinue it, though!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
Ginamarie
DIS Veteran

Do I remember crocs? Yes- just wore them yesterday! I LOVE my mary jane crocs. I wear them all the time, both in WDW and at home. Actually, I had to retire my old gray mary jane crocs earlier this week because the tread had officially worn out, but I had an aquamarine pair waiting in the wings to take their place

Oh, and I just bought my sons each Toy Story crocs, which they love!
1980, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1997, 2003 (Ft Wilderness); Honeymoon 2002 (POFQ/Disney Magic), Sept 2003 (Disneyland!), Nov 2004 (CBR/Disney Magic), Dec. 2004 (Poly/CS), Aug 2005 (Disneyland), Oct/Nov 2005 (Pop), Olivia's 1st trip Dec 2006 (POFQ); Mom and Baby Trip, Oct 2007 (Pop); Pop/Disney Magic WB PC 5-10-08; Sal's First Trip Apr/May 2009 (POFQ); Big Family Trip Jan 2010 (POFQ); WL/Disney Magic EB TA Repo-4-10-10; Wine and Dine Half Marathon Oct 2010 (POR); Disney Wonder Alaska 6-21-11;Baby Owen's First Trip Aug 2011 (Ft Wilderness/BCV); ASSP May 2012; POFQ/YC Free Dining for our 10th Anniversary Sept 2012; Sisters Weekend Feb. 2013; Family Trip- Kidani Village/Freedom of the Seas Aug 2013 Coming soon: Disney Magic WB TA, Sept 2014; DSis's Disney Wedding Sept 2015

Ginamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #11
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Crocs never worked for me. They were uncomfortable and my one attempt at wearing them for hours ended up with sore knees and really hurt feet.

Not enough support at all for my messed up feet and knees.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #12
mzozzietj
DIS Veteran

When I saw this post I thought you were going to tell me they didn't permit you to wear them in the parks, LOL!

I just ordered a new pair of Disney Princess Crocs online from Famous Footwear on sale yesterday for our upcoming trip

I bought myself a pair ones but I think my feet are too far in between sizes because they never got comfortable and I did end up with blisters.

I don't care about style one bit when I'm at WDW. Being able to walk/run to the attractions is what it's all about

I usually end up wearing my 10 year old pair of Tevas, LOL! I brought a pair of Keen's the last couple of trips but if I wear them all day, they too give me blisters. I think I have wimpy feet, LOL
Old 08-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #13
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post
Crocs never worked for me. They were uncomfortable and my one attempt at wearing them for hours ended up with sore knees and really hurt feet.

Same here. Never could wear them. I tried the Mary Jane ones, and they actually contributed to a bloodclot in my foot!

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I don't really get Crocs, to me they look ugly and I just can't see myself buying them. If it's raining when I'm in WDW and I don't want to get my shoes wet and I know it will be raining before I leave the hotel I'll just put on my sandles instead of shoes. Even if it does rain I don't really care to much about f my shoes get wet as they usually dry over night anyway and if there not I'll grab another pair of shoes or ware my sandles.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:58 AM   #15
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post

Me too! AND I have to get them so incredibly large (big feet here!) that I look like Bozo the Clown. I have to pick my feet up parallel to the ground before I take a step!!

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: