Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #31
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Hope it is cooler weather.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #32
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Oh wow! Definitely a lot of cool perks! Love the massage part and am pretty sure you'll be partaking in that
I know that would do that too...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #33
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
I'm in!! So glad you posted the link.
Glad to have you. I hope you and your family (or at least DH) can make an Expo or other event sometime, I know you would love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Thanks for refreshing my memory of the lounges during the Expo last year.

Last years Expo was way better than the first one in 2009 where there were a lot of problems. I did remember the first Expo back in 2009 wherever there were long lines outside the presentation rooms where it was difficult to walks through. At least the side rooms were nice where we waited for the presentations. We'll just wait and see if they are going to try that wristband technique for next years Expo since it will save us a lot of time than being in the side queue for a presentation.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I remember the 2009 one when the queues were overlapping in the hallway and the CMs had no idea what to do. They have clearly learned that we are exuberant fans, and hence why they can charge the exorbitant amounts for the packages and we still pay it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2m&k View Post
So very excited to read about your trip! Have a wonderful time!
Thanks, so far Day 1 has been awesome, but it will take me some time to write it all out, it's so jam packed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc at last ! View Post
Thanks for the link - Your trip and the events sound fab !
Will be waiting to hear more...
First small update coming up next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Congrats Alison! Nice getting those perks. I'm soooo looking forward to living vicariously.
It will be so awesome. Now I just need to score the hotel on points for the four nights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Alison, I learned a long time ago that my time was worth the price for a reserved ticket, I know it seems like a lot, but your time is f\worth something also.

the lounge and additional benefits sounds like a nice perk.

Congrats and I am looking forward to all that I learn from your trips.
Luckily Fran's DF worked his A** off and left her at least something so that we can afford some of these finer things. We just need to get her healthy enough to enjoy it. She is taking pain pills to thwart the pain and No Doz to counteract the pain pills, as a result she feels icky. While I make/eat food on the breaks, she lies down in bed hoping to get some relief. I wish she didn't feel so bad. Thank god for germ killers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Oh wow! Definitely a lot of cool perks! Love the massage part and am pretty sure you'll be partaking in that
You know even last time, they had that listed and my package didn't include it, but we could have paid for it and I couldn't find them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawleys View Post
Better late than never...I'm in!
Gald you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Wow, just saw the link for the new TR, you have a lot going on. Hope you have a great time, and can't wait for pictures!
Good to have you, we're so far having a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Finally made it back to read. Everything sounds fabulous. I think you're already there having fun
I think you'll like it!

Quote:
Hope it is cooler weather.
It's really cool in the ball room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I know that would do that too...
If I can find them I will!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:29 PM   #34
franandaj

Hi Everyone!

So we arrived safe and sound. Most of this TR will happen once we get home because every day is JAM PACKED. I havenít been online today at all (well at almost 7PM and I have to rush back to see Dick Van Dyke). We didnít get the 10AM start like we wanted, but we were on the road just after 12 noon and arrived at the hotel by 1PM (lots of going back before we even got a couple blocks away and a drive thru stop for 1st meal of the day, call it lunch/breakfast chicken McNuggets for me and a Filet of Fish for her! )

So we arrive at the hotel and oddly enough our room was ready!!!! Never in all my years of DVC have we arrived before 4PM and had a room ready! So we went up to the room, called Bell Services and I put all the frozen goods into the freezer, got the cooler unpacked and we headed over to D23 check in. Diamond level check in started at 1PM and it was quarter to 2PM. Laura recognized us immediately (I tell you this woman is on the ball), either that or we were the only diamond level guests both riding in scooters!

We signed in and they gave us our credentials.

Then we got in line for the main event today (for Fran) shopping! Here is the D23 store:

We picked out these books:

And these bags are made from the posters of the last Expo, so they are made of heavy canvas and really durable. As us Dooney fans know, placement is key and we picked Chip and Pumba!

After this we decided to head back to the room and let Fran rest a little before our dinner reservation. We are lucky enough to have some friends in high places that even though we are staying on DVC points, we were able to get access to the Concierge Lounge for this stay. We stopped in there for a snack since dinner was still a few hours away and we were still hungry after our ďdrive thruĒ experience! Franís plate:

And mine

Since we left the room so abruptly, I decided to take some pictures of our view. Itís fairly awesome! The only better thing would be on one of the higher floors, but this is our first time in probably over a year of having a Paradise Pier view, so Iím thrilled! We wonít be here to watch WoC, so I didnít make any requests.

And our swag, the last one is something I bought, but all the others were included in our diamond package. Running back to see Dick Van Dyke!

Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 08-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #35
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Nice pictures! Nice bags. How does dick van dyke look these days! Enjoy the evening!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #36
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Alison! That is so awesome to have the room ready. And you have a fantastic friend/fairy godmother to arrange things for you. Good for you. After the tough times you've had lately, you so deserve it!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #37
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of the D23 store and merchandise. That is a very nice lanyard with your name on it. Glad to hear that you got to check-in early to your room. Have fun tomorrow.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #38
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Ah so nice of you to get me some strawberries!

Enjoy D23 and your PP view.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:57 AM   #39
franandaj

Quote:
Nice pictures! Nice bags. How does dick van dyke look these days! Enjoy the evening!
Quote:
Alison! That is so awesome to have the room ready. And you have a fantastic friend/fairy godmother to arrange things for you. Good for you. After the tough times you've hd lately, you so deserve it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Great pictures of the D23 store and merchandise. That is a very nice lanyard with your name on it. Glad to hear that you got to check-in early to your room. Have fun tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Ah so nice of you to get me some strawberries!

Enjoy D23 and your PP view.
Thanks for all your well wishes, Ican baRELY type this I am so tired. I will check in Tuesday after all this is over. . it is awesome!@

Old 08-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #40
PrincessInOz
in

Rest and enjoy. We're not going anywhere and there is lots of time for lengthy updates later.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 08-12-2012, 02:37 AM   #41
Disneyland 1951
Mouseketeer

The highlight for me was the Animation Studios Today presentation.

They were very very strict on no recording or cameras. Shown was the Short Tangled Ever After, followed by Wreck-It Ralph highlights.
And a new Black & White short called Paperman, that was different and fun.

PAPERMAN Lithograph:

Amazing was the fall 2013 movie "Frozen" presentation.
They showed the background art, storyboards, and told much of the story.
They had a live presentation of a Song from Frozen that was wonderful and moving.
The background art looks great. The main characters are two beautiful Princess sisters from Norway.
Disneyland 1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #42
franandaj

Quote:
Rest and enjoy. We're not going anywhere and there is lots of time for lengthy updates later.
Thanks! I may just barely get this thing started before we check out of the hotel for our studio tour tomorrow morning 6AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
The highlight for me was the Animation Studios Today presentation.

They were very very strict on no recording or cameras. Shown was the Short Tangled Ever After, followed by Wreck-It Ralph highlights.
And a new Black & White short called Paperman, that was different and fun.

PAPERMAN Lithograph:

Amazing was the fall 2013 movie "Frozen" presentation.
They showed the background art, storyboards, and told much of the story.
They had a live presentation of a Song from Frozen that was wonderful and moving.
The background art looks great. The main characters are two beautiful Princess sisters from Norway.
It's hard to say what was the highlight! It was all so exciting! Some parts more than others. So a lot of the animators have been talking all weekend about which Animated Disney film hooked them in as a kid to want to be an animator. I didn't want to be an animator, but I have to say the Disney animated film that hooked me in was "The Aristocats". My BFF (at the time) and I left the theater singing O'Malley's song!

What was everyone else's first clinching Disney Animated movie?

Old 08-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #43
PrincessInOz
in

Mine would be Lady and the Tramp. Si and Am singing the Siamese Cat Song.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #44
franandaj

OK, I’m back with a few quick updates. Just to continue with arrival night and then I’ll get to the good stuff. After a little nap and I uploaded the pictures from earlier Friday to Photobucket, we headed down to dinner. We stopped in at the lounge for a drink before dinner. I had a pear Martini

Fran had a margarita

We were seated in the solarium, note to self, next time ask for the main dining room.

I had a view of a VERY young John Lasseter all night.

The menu

Us

Charger plate

The plain bread service

Tomato Salad

Now these jalapeno biscuits were awesome, not spicy at all

They’re filled with bacon and cheese and all ooey gooey in the middle

I got the papperadelle pasta with turkey meatballs

Fran got the bacon wrapped shrimp

By the time we left, we had the place to ourselves.

Some shot from the terrace

We stopped by Marceline’s in DTD and then decided to head up to the CL for a little dessert.

Little did we know that someone had sprinkled some pixie dust in our room!

And after some more milk and cookies we went to bed. We had an early morning ahead of us!

Next up it all starts!!!!!!!

Last edited by franandaj; 08-13-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #45
PrincessInOz
in

That menu and food looks delicious.

Fantastic pixie dust. Did it taste as nice as it looks?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: