Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
karice2
DIS Veteran

Back in the Disney Game

Hello My Super Fantastic Disney Solo Crew. So excited to be back in the Disney planning game. I couldn't wait to log in and let you guys know how everything is going. I missed you guys and did peek in occassionally but life has been so crazy.

Some of you know, my dad had a heart attack on Christmas Eve brought on by an e.coli infection from a prostate biopsy. Three weeks later, Dad had a massive stroke. Luckily, he was able to walk and it affected his right side but he is left handed so that was a blessing.

Anyway, Dad has been living with me since the heart attack. We had some ups and downs but I would not trade any one of those days. A bout in the ICU when his BP dropped dangerously low and tons of therapy but he is much improved. Still a lot more work but there is so much hope for him. Heck we went to the gun range the other day. His aim is still pretty good. Darn Marines.

After this heck of a year, Dad wants a Disney trip so the family will be there the end of November. Whatever Dad wants he can have. I am just so happy that he is still here with me.

Now for the exciting part, I will be coming down in October to participate in the Epcot Food and Wine Festival just to get a little solo magic. I see that there is a meet up so I may schedule my days to coincide with that but I am just so happy to be able to look forward to this trip.

I missed you guys so much.

May 2010 -POFQ September 2010 AKL-December 2010 Off-Site
May 2011 BWV- December 2011 Christmas Magic December 2012 Annual Christmas Trip April 2014 Friends and Family

karice2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice2 View Post
Hello My Super Fantastic Disney Solo Crew. So excited to be back in the Disney planning game. I couldn't wait to log in and let you guys know how everything is going. I missed you guys and did peek in occassionally but life has been so crazy.

Some of you know, my dad had a heart attack on Christmas Eve brought on by an e.coli infection from a prostate biopsy. Three weeks later, Dad had a massive stroke. Luckily, he was able to walk and it affected his right side but he is left handed so that was a blessing.

Anyway, Dad has been living with me since the heart attack. We had some ups and downs but I would not trade any one of those days. A bout in the ICU when his BP dropped dangerously low and tons of therapy but he is much improved. Still a lot more work but there is so much hope for him. Heck we went to the gun range the other day. His aim is still pretty good. Darn Marines.

After this heck of a year, Dad wants a Disney trip so the family will be there the end of November. Whatever Dad wants he can have. I am just so happy that he is still here with me.

Now for the exciting part, I will be coming down in October to participate in the Epcot Food and Wine Festival just to get a little solo magic. I see that there is a meet up so I may schedule my days to coincide with that but I am just so happy to be able to look forward to this trip.

I missed you guys so much.
I am so glad to hear he's doing well....Marines hang on to everything but it can be so annoying!
I hope you can get the NE Divas back on track, I won't be at the meet but I expect reports from you and LaLa that week.
and just so you know....I REALLY MISSED YOU!!!

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
richard39
Mouseketeer

And how was your trip?
richard39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: