Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #76
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know when the tickets have to be used by?

My MIL lives in Orlando and will only be joining us for 2 days. If she doesn't use the other 2 days when do the left over days expire? - Does that make sense?
Old 08-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #77
WAWDWLUVER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse View Post
Does anyone know when the tickets have to be used by?

My MIL lives in Orlando and will only be joining us for 2 days. If she doesn't use the other 2 days when do the left over days expire? - Does that make sense?
The tickets may be used through Sep 28, 2013.

I have a question. I've seen in several places that the tickets ALL have to be activated at the SAME time. If so, can I activate a ticket for my husband who is the retiree, and his daughter, both of which are not going until December. I'm going in September with four friends who will use four of the tickets. I have an annual pass so I was planning to activate four of the tickets for my friends in September and one for my husband and our daughter for use in December but neither of them will be with me in September. TIA whoever can answer this! Cheshire?
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 03:31 AM   #78
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAWDWLUVER View Post
The tickets may be used through Sep 28, 2013.

I have a question. I've seen in several places that the tickets ALL have to be activated at the SAME time. If so, can I activate a ticket for my husband who is the retiree, and his daughter, both of which are not going until December. I'm going in September with four friends who will use four of the tickets. I have an annual pass so I was planning to activate four of the tickets for my friends in September and one for my husband and our daughter for use in December but neither of them will be with me in September. TIA whoever can answer this! Cheshire?
Assuming they don't have to be with you to activate the tickets and they can use them later on without a military ID, then there shouldn't be a problem.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:14 AM   #79
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=WAWDWLUVER;45824179]The tickets may be used through Sep 28, 2013.

QUOTE]

Okay so even if she only used 2 days the other days are good on the ticket through September 2013? I have heard that some tickets are only good for 14 days after activation and just wanted to make sure the military tickets are not like that.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #80
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

These particular military tickets don't have to be used within 14 days.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #81
uscgmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleorchard View Post
These particular military tickets don't have to be used within 14 days.
Great thank you.

You just need the military person/spouse present when the ticket is activated correct? then after that is can be used by the person whenever?
Old 08-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #82
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgmouse View Post
Great thank you.

You just need the military person/spouse present when the ticket is activated correct? then after that is can be used by the person whenever?
that's correct.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #83
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Steve posted some additional questions and answers from Disney on his blog or website this morning and it makes it a bit more confusing. I can't post the link here where I'm at, but I saw it on FB.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #84
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

I take it this was what you are talking about: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/bl...ions-answered/

Some of the answers are a bit unfortunate. I guess if my sister wants to go back to use any remaining entitlements, I'll just have to go with her!

I wonder how well they plan on enforcing that particular rule? I can't imagine them checking the IDs of the people entering the park with the military tickets any more than they check the IDs of anyone else.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 08-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #85
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

This is confusing and also somewhat contradictory. So we DON'T have to activate all the tickets at the same time, as long as the military member or spouse is there for each activation? That's good news, but do we still have to BUY them all at the same time? It doesn't really seem to answer that. I'd be happy if we didn't have to buy them all at once, in case we don't get to make a second trip later in the year.

Sounds like they're going back to everyone having to be there to activate the tickets, like they did the first year. Not a big problem for us, more of an inconvenience to coordinate flight times, most of the time. My niece's DH works for American and she flies standby, so she often doesn't get in until hours after everyone else. Hate to not go into the park waiting for her--in June, she didn't get in until the next day!

Doesn't sound like you can use the tickets for a longer trip by buying two sets, though. We did that one year.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #86
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I take it this was what you are talking about: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/bl...ions-answered/

Some of the answers are a bit unfortunate. I guess if my sister wants to go back to use any remaining entitlements, I'll just have to go with her!

I wonder how well they plan on enforcing that particular rule? I can't imagine them checking the IDs of the people entering the park with the military tickets any more than they check the IDs of anyone else.
Yes, that would be it.

Quote:
This is confusing and also somewhat contradictory. So we DON'T have to activate all the tickets at the same time, as long as the military member or spouse is there for each activation? That's good news, but do we still have to BUY them all at the same time? It doesn't really seem to answer that. I'd be happy if we didn't have to buy them all at once, in case we don't get to make a second trip later in the year.

Sounds like they're going back to everyone having to be there to activate the tickets, like they did the first year. Not a big problem for us, more of an inconvenience to coordinate flight times, most of the time. My niece's DH works for American and she flies standby, so she often doesn't get in until hours after everyone else. Hate to not go into the park waiting for her--in June, she didn't get in until the next day!

Doesn't sound like you can use the tickets for a longer trip by buying two sets, though. We did that one year.

It really is contradictory. My only real issue is that we want to go 3 times next year, 2 tickets each time, but we won't have the funds readly available to buy all 6 at one time and who's to say we will make it. I want to be able to buy them when I know for sure I am taking the trip and not be stuck with 6 tickets I can't use.

This makes is sound like I can do what I would need to do, but I am not 100% sure and this would be something they could inforce, I guess, since you have to activate them, they would see that it wasn't done at one time.

They need to quit being so wishy washy!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #87
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

It would be so nice if the rules were clearly listed and enforced across the board, but based on previous years, neither will happen. Everything will depend on which CM you get.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #88
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm even more confused now after reading the answers more carefully. It seems that they have to all be bought at the same time and all users must be there to activate them. Therefore, you can't buy tickets for someone who isn't there to use in the future. I guess it makes sense, because the purpose is for the service member to go to Disney with their family and friends, and not get discounts for others.
The wording does sound as if as long as you purchase all the tickets together, you can activate most of the tickets one on day, and as long as the military person is present when any additional members of your party arrive, the additional tickets can be activated later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Yes, that would be it.

It really is contradictory. My only real issue is that we want to go 3 times next year, 2 tickets each time, but we won't have the funds readly available to buy all 6 at one time and who's to say we will make it. I want to be able to buy them when I know for sure I am taking the trip and not be stuck with 6 tickets I can't use.

This makes is sound like I can do what I would need to do, but I am not 100% sure and this would be something they could inforce, I guess, since you have to activate them, they would see that it wasn't done at one time.

They need to quit being so wishy washy!
I think they're probably trying to cover their bottom line. They probably expect some people to be overly ambitious and plan on multiple trips within the year, then not be able to taken them, in which case Disney would gain some money.

I don't really see how they can enforce any of it either, which has been their problem in the past. They've probably figured out that people have been "abusing" the program, so they're trying to make the rules more strict, which makes it more complicated, because they want people to still feel comfortable taking advantage of the offer.

It would be a nice perk for my sister to be able to use any remaining entitlements later on in the year (her inlaws have a house in Orlando) but it's still a good deal for her without that as a possibility. I just really can't imagine them being all that vigilant in checking IDs. I don't want to abuse the program, but it also seems slightly ridiculous that I'd have to follow my sister around at Disney in order to share this discount with her. Not that I'd mind multiple trips to Disney in a year, but it's not practical for us for time reasons more than anything else.

I do hope that they figure out a manageable way to execute the program, because I'd love it to be a fairly consistent thing in the future, but it seems as if it's too complicated for them.

Last edited by danceintherain; 08-15-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #89
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

The way I took it, you can split the buying of the tickets as long as the military member or spouse is there to buy them and activate them, which is nothing new. I can't imagine that there will be any problem with your sister using them without you there, unless they plan, like you said, on IDing everyone every time they go through the gate. What a mess that would be! And even when you're on a trip with someone, you're not always together the whole time. I think your sister would be fine using the unused portion of the ticket on a later trip. That would probably be my sister's plan too--it's what she's done in the past.

These rules always start out at the beginning sounding way more complicated than they end up actually being. What did seem different is that on the official offer, it sounded like the military member or spouse had to use one of the six tickets, if you bought six. In this Q&A session, it sounded like the military member has to use one if you're buying six. My AP runs out before my DH's, so I was thinking I could use one of tickets if we bought six. Guess not.

Can't wait to get feedback when people first start using the tickets. We won't be using them until 2013, since just DH and I are going in Oct. and I already have my DD and DGD's tickets for next week. Can't wait--an all-girl trip!
Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #90
katiemely
Proud Seabee Wife

Random question: I have a Disney Visa and am determined to earn enough Disney dollars to pay for our February trip (tickets/food). My question is can I use my Reward dollars at SOG to get our tickets?

Family Trips 1988, 1994/High School Choir Candlelight Processional 2001/Honeymoon - July 2010 SOG/May 2011 POFQ/Family Christmas December 2011 SSR/Trip with the Austins - April 2012/Hubby's Bday Trip - September 2012 WL/Girls Trip!! OKW Jan 2013Valentine's Day getaway - Feb 2013 BWV/ Christmas Family Trip - Dec 2013
katiemely is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: