Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
tweeter
Mouseketeer

A boy’s week out..or..Mommy needs a change of (Disney)heart.

A PTR for November 2012 and my first PTR, so be kind.

An introduction—there’s me, Tweeter, the 43 year old Dad who loves Disney. Only 4 trips to DLR and one commando visit to WDW. It’s been about 10 years since my last park visit and it's time to go back.

And then there’s Munchkin, aka Phineas; my 4 (going on 15) year old DS. He doesn’t realize it, but he’s been in love with Disney from month 1 when he was introduced to Winnie the Pooh; his first stuffed friend. Rocket and the Little Einstein gang was his go to show from 18 months (He loved the music). He has since graduated to Phineas & Ferb, but still visits his Little Einstein friends now and again. He is definitely getting excited about this trip.

Missing, but not completely MIA, is Mom aka Grumpy; 35 and working hard. She has time to take off, but she’s not the Disney fanatic I am, so she doesn't want to waste vacation time on a full week off. She’s given me permission to take “her baby” to Disney, but now she’s having second thoughts. That’s good for us, because she’s decided that she’d rather go, than tell us stay home. So far, it looks like she’ll fly out an meet us mid-week.

That’s us, and the guys are chomping at the bit; November 10th can’t get here soon enough.

Last edited by tweeter; 08-22-2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Add photos
tweeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
arthur06
DDC #689

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter View Post
That’s us, and the guys are chomping at the bit; November 10th can’t get here soon enough.
Glad your going and possibly your wife going as well too.

However, November 10th is not a good day. That is the day we return home. We are there the 3rd to the 10th, so we will just miss you. Have a great time.

November '12 Disneyland/VGC Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2964937

arthur06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Love the intros! And the title is awesome "mommy needs a change of (disney) heart" I hope she has one! who knows... I am slowly after how many trips.. getting my dh to have one.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
tweeter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur06 View Post
Glad your going and possibly your wife going as well too.

However, November 10th is not a good day. That is the day we return home. We are there the 3rd to the 10th, so we will just miss you. Have a great time.
arthur06. Your're my first offical poster. Sorry we're going to miss you, but I hope you have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Love the intros! And the title is awesome "mommy needs a change of (disney) heart" I hope she has one! who knows... I am slowly after how many trips.. getting my dh to have one.
annmarieda. I'm glad you liked the those intros, it took lots of reading to find the right style I needed to steal... I mean.. that matched my writing style. Yea, that's the ticket.

I suspect that if anyone changes mommy's heart, it's going to be her baby. I've been trying for 10 years without much sucess.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
tweeter
Mouseketeer

Today marks 90 days to Disneyland. I'm exicited and so is the little one.

I requested a planning CD from Disney, just to see what I get and it came in the mail about a week ago. I left it out, waiting for a good time to watch it. Two days ago, Munchkin picks it up and says "Daddy, it's Disneyland, we have to watch it."

The next 40 minutes, or so, was filled with "we need to see that" or "I want to ride that".

Last edited by tweeter; 08-13-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #6
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

Awesome!

Quote:

I requested a planning CD from Disney, just to see what I get and I came in the mail about a week ago. I left it out, waiting for a good time to watch it. Two days ago, Munchkin picks it up and says "Daddy, it's Disneyland, we have to watch it."

The next 40 minutes, or so, was filled with "we need to see that" or "I want to ride that".
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
annmarieda. I'm glad you liked the those intros, it took lots of reading to find the right style I needed to steal... I mean.. that matched my writing style. Yea, that's the ticket.

Quote:

I requested a planning CD from Disney, just to see what I get and I came in the mail about a week ago. I left it out, waiting for a good time to watch it. Two days ago, Munchkin picks it up and says "Daddy, it's Disneyland, we have to watch it."

That is too cool! If that isn't the type of thing that melts his moms heart, I don't know what will!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #8
tweeter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneytheKid View Post
Awesome!
DisneytheKid. It was a real blast watching Munchkin get excited about the different rides.

Quote:

That is too cool! If that isn't the type of thing that melts his moms heart, I don't know what will!
It's starting to work; Mom is talking more about going than she did before. And a Bonus; I know what rides to plan for. I tried using youtube, but this DVD made it easier.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:22 PM   #9
NStramler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
A PTR for November 2012 and my first PTR, so be kind.

An introduction—there’s me, Tweeter, the 43 year old Dad who loves Disney. Only 4 trips to DLR and one commando visit to WDW. It’s been about 10 years since my last park visit and it's time to go back.

And then there’s Munchkin, aka Phineas; my 4 (going on 15) year old DS. He doesn’t realize it, but he’s been in love with Disney from month 1 when he was introduced to Winnie the Pooh; his first stuffed friend. Rocket and the Little Einstein gang was his go to show from 18 months (He loved the music). He has since graduated to Phineas & Ferb, but still visits his Little Einstein friends now and again. He is definitely getting excited about this trip.

Missing, but not completely MIA, is Mom aka Grumpy; 35 and working hard. She has time to take off, but she’s not the Disney fanatic I am, so she doesn't want to waste vacation time on a full week off. She’s given me permission to take “her baby” to Disney, but now she’s having second thoughts. That’s good for us, because she’s decided that she’d rather go, than tell us stay home. So far, it looks like she’ll fly out an meet us mid-week.

As a Mom, I can not imagine missing my kids first time to Disneyland... With kids, vacations are now something that you make memories with... and what better place than Disneyland!!! Enjpy your trip!!
NStramler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #10
tweeter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NStramler View Post
As a Mom, I can not imagine missing my kids first time to Disneyland... With kids, vacations are now something that you make memories with... and what better place than Disneyland!!! Enjpy your trip!!
NStramler. I think Mom is coming around. She realizes that Munchkin will only have one "first" visit to Disneyland. We went to the zoo a couple of weeks ago and she begged out of that, choosing to visit her brother instead. Just as we are leaving, Munchkin asks "Mommy, will you go to the zoo with us?". It broke her heart, because she wanted to be with him. But her aversion to the zoo won out. The Munchkin and Dad had a wonderful time at the zoo. Mom had fun visiting her brother too.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
tweeter
Mouseketeer

So we’ve covered the who, now the why.

In May this year, we did a short vacation/long weekend in San Diego and got to visit Legoland. Munckin loved the whole trip. Dad however, felt he didn’t really get a break from work. Stresses build and Dad decides, it’s time for a vacation…again.

I’ve been reading about the holiday time at Disneyland for a while and decided it was time to see it for myself. Besides, if we plan it just right, we could celebrate our birthdays at the same time. Funny thing with those, Grumpy is first in line, then 3 weeks to the day it’s my birthday and exactly three weeks after me is Munchkin’s birthday. We’ll be visiting Disneyland during my birthday, but I’m sure Munchkin and Grumpy won’t mind celebrating a little early/late. Besides, Munchkin will be beside himself happy walking around with a birthday pin either way.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:18 PM   #12
rokstedy
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I requested a planning CD from Disney, just to see what I get and it came in the mail about a week ago. I left it out, waiting for a good time to watch it. Two days ago, Munchkin picks it up and says "Daddy, it's Disneyland, we have to watch it."

I got a planning video when we were looking to possibly visit WDW. I ad to get rid of it. It's like going food shopping on an empty stomach.
rokstedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #13
tweeter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokstedy View Post
I got a planning video when we were looking to possibly visit WDW. I ad to get rid of it. It's like going food shopping on an empty stomach.
rokstedy. I can see where you're coming from.

On the other hand, I've been searching the DISboards looking for the best rides (for a soon to be 5 yo) and a plan to see them all. I'm like a kid in a candy store.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #14
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I love that you added some pics! Munchkin is just too cute.

Birthdays in Disney are THE BEST! You are all going to have so much fun wearing your bday buttons!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #15
tweeter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I love that you added some pics! Munchkin is just too cute.

Birthdays in Disney are THE BEST! You are all going to have so much fun wearing your bday buttons!!!
Thank you, it took me a while to find the right pictures. Then it took just as long to figure out how to post them.

I'm really looking forward to the Bday button. I've read that it gets a little bit extra attention, so I'm expecting Munchkin to have a really fun day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: