Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #31
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsAngel View Post
You have caught the magic in ways others havent I cant wait to read more
Thanks! I'm glad you're here!

I'm going to work on another chapter right now!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 08-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #32
Bridora
DIS Veteran

I donít know any songs about staterooms.

But it was 1:30 and our stateroom, 8100, was supposed to be ready. We gathered our things and headed back inside. Hereís where we were:

Deck 11 Aft

It was a bit disorienting at first, learning which set of stairs or elevators to take to get from, say Aft to Mid-Ship. You couldnít just go straight from where you were to where you were trying to get every time.

We took an elevator down to Deck 8.

Fancy!

(The weirdest thing to me - not that it happened then, but it happened many times over that 3 night cruise - was that almost every time we left Deck 11 or 12 to go to our stateroom I always wanted to go UP when our stateroom was DOWN!)

Hi Davis!

At some point on the cruise, on one of the elevators, that right screen would go out, never be fixed, and bother Davis to no end!

We found our stateroom without much trouble, though we would later learn a shorter route than that first one we took. The hallways seemed endless at first.

See what I mean?

We quickly began to ooh and aah over our ďhomeĒ for the next few days:

I think the very first order of business was the verandah, though.

Hello there Carnival Sensation! I also remember zooming in on the Carnival ship and that barge-ish thing there, looking for people - Some say I have a reputation for zooming - itís quite fun to watch our home videos!

And then it was back inside to discover the rest:

Or to goof-off in front of the mirror!

I really donít know why there arenít more pictures of the stateroom. I will refer you over to Lisa at mickeystoontownís trip report if youíre dying to see stateroom pics from this very same cruise. They had the exact same room as we did, the only difference being that theirs had a giant porthole.

While we were in there, goofing-off and not taking pictures, Freddy, our Stateroom Attendant stopped by to instruct us on proper hair-dryer usage. He gave us a quick run down of the room and all, but what I remember most is donít plug two higher voltage things (like hair dryer and straightener) in at once - one at a time please! Freddy was a great guy and the kids loved his accent. Iím pretty sure he said something about the safety drill too somewhere in there.

No pictures of Freddy or that safety drill, either.

It was pretty much controlled chaos out there. I was glad to get that part finished!

The next major thing to happen was actually leaving port! I think we went back to our room before the sail away party, though. Freddy had also been back to magically pull beds out of thin air and leave us this awesome towel animal on the bottom bunk:

Yes, there was a time in there when we first got in the room that we were wondering where those bunks were. Did we book the room we thought we did? Did they assign us the wrong kind? But then we saw the little handle-type thing in the ceiling above the couch and figured the bunk pulled out from there. We couldnít get it to come down, though. I canít remember if that was before or after we found the mysterious ladder in the closet!

Sometime in there our luggage was delivered because I remember changing before going back to Deck 11 for the party.

We took a small tour of the ship, going back through the atrium, before making our way back to the pool area for the Sail Away party.

Isnít it so pretty?

And of course, this beautiful thing needs several pictures taken of it!

Hello again, Admiral Donald!

What have we here?

A self-serve, soft-serve ice cream station?

And so began the quest for 3 ice cream cones a day.
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #33
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It's sounds like ya'll had much better luck finding your stateroom than we did. Well, actually, we lucked up the first time but couldn't remember how to get there every other time. I love the pictures of you guys acting all goofy! Too cute!

The atrium was gorgeous wasn't it!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-21-2012, 11:20 AM   #34
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Loving the TR - your DH meal doesn't look like Shepherds Pie though unless it's a very unusual one. Can't wait to hear if your not overeating willpower continues for long

Old 08-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #35
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It's sounds like ya'll had much better luck finding your stateroom than we did. Well, actually, we lucked up the first time but couldn't remember how to get there every other time. I love the pictures of you guys acting all goofy! Too cute!

The atrium was gorgeous wasn't it!
I don't know how much better we did. We really did go the long way - I knew we'd eventually reach our number!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
Loving the TR - your DH meal doesn't look like Shepherds Pie though unless it's a very unusual one. Can't wait to hear if your not overeating willpower continues for long
Thanks! Glad you're here!

I had the hardest time trying to figure out what that was! I really don't remember what he ordered and tried to match it to something on the menu. He thought he ordered the Sheperd's Pie, but I agree that it doesn't look right. I know whatever the "main" dish was is under that large hunk of bread!
Old 08-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #36
15isto2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
It looks like a chicken & ham pie to me but thats not on the menu, I am intregued at curried shepherds pis... never heard if that one in the Uk LOL

Old 08-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #37
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15isto2 View Post
It looks like a chicken & ham pie to me but thats not on the menu, I am intregued at curried shepherds pis... never heard if that one in the Uk LOL
Hi!

I'm just going to consider you an expert and go with chicken & ham pie. I'll ask Davis tonight if that rings a bell! Even though that menu I got off the internet looks exactly like the one we were offered, I'm sure it could have been different. Restaurants are always changing up their menus!

And now you have a new dish to try - curried shepherds pie!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #38
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hey girl! I hope that ya'll don't get a ton of bad weather on the tail end of Issac. Batten down the hatches and stay safe!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #39
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey girl! I hope that ya'll don't get a ton of bad weather on the tail end of Issac. Batten down the hatches and stay safe!
Thanks!

As of right now, they're saying it will move in sometime tomorrow and calling for the wind to pick up today.

It'll go through you before it gets to us, though - so you guys stay safe too!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #40
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Sail Away, Sail Away, Sail Away

Enya - too obvious?

Bye-Bye, Carnival Sensation!

It was time for the Sail Away party! I had read about how crowded it is on the pool decks during the party but we wanted to check it out for ourselves anyway.

We found a spot pretty close to the middle of Deck 11 to watch some of the show.

What was taking place “on stage” was also shown on the jumbo-tron so that even if you couldn’t see the performers, you didn’t miss the show.

This cast member was doing choreography right in front of us!

Sometime after that, the whole deck got involved in some line dance or another - I don’t remember its name, but very similar to the Electric Slide - and Luke and I joined in for a song or two.

We then went upstairs to Deck 12 to see if we could get a better view for sailing away. There are stairs right there outside on deck, (it’s all open there in the middle where the pools are) so we just went up and found a spot at the rail. I was also doing a lot of video recording at this time.

Some of the scenery as we began to move:

Aqua Duck!

We left the railing to do some more wandering. We found the Edge, which is a club designed for the pre-teens (11-14) on the ship. We tried to commit that location to memory, as Allison wanted to check it out sometime while onboard.

We eventually found our way back down to our stateroom, where we went straight out to the verandah for more ocean watching!

Apparently there was more wildlife than just this bird to be seen. Mickeystoontown said they saw dolphins and sting rays and we were sailing away. We didn't see any of those guys, though.

Tiny boat!

…Continued here, in next post…..

Last edited by Bridora; 08-29-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #41
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Ö..continuedÖ..

Next, I did a little study on the life boats:

Life boats, looking aft

Without the side of the ship in the shot.

Life boats, looking forward.

Life boats, looking mostly-straight down.

One of my favorite things to do was to just watch the water. Especially right there under the life boats. It was so pretty!

Right?

Hereís a picture of the bunks, ready for sleeping:

I must have gone back inside for a bit then, ha!

I then joined the rest of the gang on the verandah to continue watching the ocean.

Allison, after reclaiming her sunglasses from the creature inside.

Love!

Creepin' on another ship!

However, we didnít come on this cruise to ONLY watch the ocean, so we made ourselves ready to head out in search of adventure!

But first, one last sneaky picture taken from Davisís phone. It gives a pretty good idea of the stateroom. Taken from the verandah doors, sometime before the bunk was down for the night:

Old 08-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #42
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ya'll braved standing down on the main deck where the party was? It was so crowded when we got there!

Your room looks just our's except we had a porthole and you had the verandah which I am officially jealous of.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #43
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ya'll braved standing down on the main deck where the party was? It was so crowded when we got there!

Your room looks just our's except we had a porthole and you had the verandah which I am officially jealous of.
We are brave souls, what can I say?

I can't say enough great things about the verandah! I think it was my favorite place on the whole ship!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #44
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

I'm here!! Better late than never, right?

Allison is so funny with her sunglasses. I crack up every time I see them!

AHHHHH I am so excited to go on a cruise! I am loving all your pictures!! I cannot wait for more!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 08-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #45
Bridora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I'm here!! Better late than never, right?

Allison is so funny with her sunglasses. I crack up every time I see them!

AHHHHH I am so excited to go on a cruise! I am loving all your pictures!! I cannot wait for more!!
Definitely!

She loves those things! They're actually still in existence, too - which is pretty good for things like sunglasses around here!

I saw your ticker!!! You're going to have so.much.fun! Are you going to do a pre-trip or trip report?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: