Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
doitforlove
x0x0 Disney Squirrel

11 Days of Two Squirrels Eating for Free! 9/29 Goofy's Candy Co./Earl of Sandwich/Pop

Hi everyone! I wanted to thank you all for your amazing dining reviews by posting my own when my DBf and I head to Disney World in mid September.

To explain the title of this thread quickly: I have a serious obsession with squirrels . They're my favorite animal. Whenever I see a squirrel scurrying around it makes my day 1,000,000 times better. My plan is to take as many pictures as I can of Disney squirrels when I'm in Florida! Anyway, my "pet" name for DBf is squirrel and he calls me squirrel as well. We're strange I know.

First quick introductions:

My DBf and I are university students in Philadelphia. We're both seniors (after this term!!) studying business administration. We work/go to school year round and our only break is two weeks in September. So we decided to go to Disney World this year! (By we, of course, I mean me )

My name is Jenn. I'm a pretty picky eater. My favorite foods are cheeseburgers (but plain - only bun, meat, cheese, and LOTS of ketchup), pistachio ice cream, filet mignon with mashed potatoes, pepperoni pizza, cupcakes and anything chocolate. I'm seriously obsessed with Disney and have been since I was a wee little child. My favorite Disney movies are Aladdin, The Lion King, Beauty & the Beast, and the Little Mermaid

My DBf, who shall rename nameless , is much more conscious of what he eats. 95% of the time he eats a paleo/primal diet which is basically just meat, veggies and fruits - no breads, sugar, processed anything. I've also been following this diet on and off for the past two years and lost a ton of weight doing so. However, neither of us will be following too closely on this vacation because no one will stop me from eating ice cream and cupcakes on vacation!

Note: DBf usually avoids nuts of all kinds as he has weird reactions to them - not quite allergic but he just tries to avoid them. He is also not particularly a fan of Disney, I think he mostly agreed to this vacation for the booze and princesses You'll notice a lack of character meals in our plans though due to DBf's disinterest.

We're celebrating our 3 year anniversary during this trip (about a week early, our anniversary actually falls on our first day back at work/school ).

Anyway, what you're here for! We're staying at POP and got the free QSDP but upgraded to the DDP.

Our Line Up:

Friday, September 7: Arrival Day / DisneyQuest / Epcot
Lunch: Wolfgang Puck Express Part I
Dinner: Les Chefs de France
Snacks: Karamell-Küche

Saturday, September 8: Animal Kingdom / Downtown Disney
Breakfast/Snack: Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery
Lunch: Restaurantosaurus
Dinner: T-Rex Part I

Sunday, September 9: Blizzard Beach / Magic Kingdom
Breakfast: POP
Lunch: Lottawatta Lodge
Dinner: Whispering Canyon Cafe

Monday, September 10: Hollywood Studios
Breakfast: Starring Rolls Cafe
Lunch: Sci-Fi Dine In
Dinner: Backlot Express, Hollywood Scoops & Pizza Planet

Tuesday, September 11: Islands of Adventure / Downtown Disney
Breakfast: Goofy's Candy Co & Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Lunch: Mythos
Dinner: T-Rex Part II
Snacks: Goofy's Candy Co.

Wednesday, September 12 Typhoon Lagoon / EMH @ Epcot
Breakfast: Kona Cafe
Lunch: Sassagoula Floatworks & Wolfgang Puck Express Part II
Dinner: La Cava de Tequila, Via Napoli & Tutto Gusto

Thursday, September 13: Universal Studios
Breakfast: Goofy's Candy Co & Earl of Sandwich
Lunch: POP
Dinner: 'Ohana Part I

Friday, September 14: Epcot / MNSSHP
Lunch: Le Cellier
Dinner: Cosmic Rays

Saturday, September 15: Hollywood Studios
Lunch: Mama Melrose's
Dinner: 'Ohana Part II

Sunday, September 16: Magic Kingdom
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner: Cosmic Rays
Fireworks Dessert Party!!

Monday, September 17 Downtown Disney / Departure Day
Lunch: Wolfgang Puck Express Part III

Spring 2014 Group Sales Professional Intern
Recent Trips:
Sept'11 @ CBR; Sept'12 @ POP; Sept'13 @ CSR

Last edited by doitforlove; 09-29-2012 at 08:43 AM.
doitforlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #2
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Joining in!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and your dining. You've got some great plans!
Tracerr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 02:20 AM   #3
doitforlove
x0x0 Disney Squirrel

Big news!! After our university released our final exam schedule and we found out our last finals were on Thursday, 9/6 DBf surprised me and we decided to add on three days/nights to the beginning of our trip. So we will be staying at POP for 10 nights/11 days and our new dates are 9/7 - 9/17.

I will update our schedule tomorrow morning with our new touring plan and dining reservations.

Looking forward to a longer, more relaxing vacation (with 30% more eats)!!

Recent Trips:

Last edited by doitforlove; 08-12-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:28 AM   #4
doitforlove
x0x0 Disney Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Joining in!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and your dining. You've got some great plans!
Thanks for joining!! Looking forward to sharing my dining experiences with everyone!

Recent Trips:

Last edited by doitforlove; 08-12-2012 at 03:19 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:44 AM   #5
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to read your reviews!

I've heard great things about following a paleo diet, as there's so many potential problems with consuming processed foods (especially refined carbohydrates). That said, there's no harm in enjoying yourself while in Disney - I like the sounds of your "ice cream and cupcake" plan, and you have some great restaurants booked.

I also don't mind your squirrel obsession, since ducks are openly one of my favorite animals (and I take pics of them all the time in WDW ). You might be interested to know that I often take pictures of amusing squirrels as well (like this and this).

And I have the exact same 4 favorite Disney movies as you.

Glad your trip was extended, and I can't wait to read more!
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #6
deenbrad
DIS Veteran

I'm in!
off-site many times 1989-2009 (including half of our honeymoon in 1996!), Pop Century May 2011
deenbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
jabead
DIS Veteran

Count me in too, Jenn! Hope you don't mind that I've added you to my list along with a link to your report. I'm so happy that there are so many going to WDW very soon and many of them are going to do Dining Reports!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:38 AM   #8
doitforlove
x0x0 Disney Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
I can't wait to read your reviews!

I've heard great things about following a paleo diet, as there's so many potential problems with consuming processed foods (especially refined carbohydrates). That said, there's no harm in enjoying yourself while in Disney - I like the sounds of your "ice cream and cupcake" plan, and you have some great restaurants booked.

I also don't mind your squirrel obsession, since ducks are openly one of my favorite animals (and I take pics of them all the time in WDW ). You might be interested to know that I often take pictures of amusing squirrels as well (like this and this).

And I have the exact same 4 favorite Disney movies as you.

Glad your trip was extended, and I can't wait to read more!

Thanks for joining in, Donald! Your reviews are always spectacular! Paleo diets are great, I managed to lose almost forty pounds doing it. I've been seriously slacking the last year though. The plan is to get back on it 100% after Disney and make the final push to a super healthy body! Disney is the last week off the deep end, so I better enjoy it while I can!

Loveeee your pictures of squirrels! I'm hoping to get lucky and catch a shot with a squirrel with a Disney icon in the background. It would be great to get a squirrel with the castle behind him! If only the squirrels at Disney wore mouse ears like the people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deenbrad View Post
I'm in!

Thanks for joining in deenbrad! Hope you enjoy my reviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Count me in too, Jenn! Hope you don't mind that I've added you to my list along with a link to your report. I'm so happy that there are so many going to WDW very soon and many of them are going to do Dining Reports!

Jabead, thanks for joining! I love your reviews! Thanks for the add to your list - I can't wait to read about everyone else's yummy adventures as well

Recent Trips:

Last edited by doitforlove; 08-12-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

I will be having serioius post-Disney blues while you are enjoying your trip! Looking forward to you report when you return!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #10
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Coming over from my DR and subbing in !! We are doing to Disney from Sept 7-14, so we will be there at the same time. I looked over our ADR's and we don't have anything that coincides with your ADR's, but we are eating at some of the same places. Hope to see you there, though and I am looking forward to reading about your trip !!
jecskc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #11
Rumpletinker
Mouseketeer

Yay!! Philadelphia peoples!!! I was born and raised and still living in the Northeast. Hopefully this trip will convert your BF to a Disney nerd lol! can't wait to see your pics!
2010- Caribbean Beach (w/cousinbb)
2011- All Star Sports (w/cousinbb)
2011- Pop Century
2013- Port Orleans Riverside
Hey you! I'm into JESUS!

Rumpletinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #12
doitforlove
x0x0 Disney Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
I will be having serioius post-Disney blues while you are enjoying your trip! Looking forward to you report when you return!

Looking forward to your report too! The post-Disney blues are the worst at least you'll have a bunch of dining reports to help cheer you up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Coming over from my DR and subbing in !! We are doing to Disney from Sept 7-14, so we will be there at the same time. I looked over our ADR's and we don't have anything that coincides with your ADR's, but we are eating at some of the same places. Hope to see you there, though and I am looking forward to reading about your trip !!

Have a great trip too!! It seriously can't come faster!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpletinker View Post
Yay!! Philadelphia peoples!!! I was born and raised and still living in the Northeast. Hopefully this trip will convert your BF to a Disney nerd lol! can't wait to see your pics!

Yay Philly! I doubt that I'll convert him, but ya never know! It's his first time to Disney ever, so I guess it's possible. I'm thinking he's going to enjoy Universal more. I'm sure there won't be any complaints as he'll be very full the whole trip. A full tummy = a happy DBf.

Recent Trips:
Old 08-19-2012, 07:24 AM   #13
doitforlove
x0x0 Disney Squirrel

Updates

20 days out DBf decided he wanted to take a look at our reservations and of course wanted me to make some changes

Luckily the dining reservation gods were on our side so I was able to make the changes no problem

We added on Teppan Edo cause DBf loves hibachi restaurants, I went here last September and while it was very good we can get much better hibachi that comes with much bigger portions/variety (fried rice, soup, salad anyone?!) here in Philly. He was adamant and it's one of the few things he asked for so I obliged.

We also added on 50's Prime Time Cafe because apparently he loves gimmicky type restaurants Three years of dating him and I never knew. We already had Whispering Canyon Cafe and T-Rex but DBf loved the idea of more sarcastic interaction so I decided to add that on.

I also changed around some of our touring plans because I decided I couldn't go for a whole week of being in the world before I got to the Magic Kingdom. The idea was to wait until MNSSHP for DBf to experience MK for the first time in it's Halloween glory. However, I can't go that long without seeing Mickey's PhilharMagic and going on The Haunted Mansion!

I don't think we canceled anything so the plan is to split a lot of these meals which works for me because Disney portion sizes are ridiculous.

Still debating on whether or not I want to keep Les Chefs de France. I keep hearing mixed reviews, but I hear their desserts are lovely and that's all I care about We'll probably make that decision once we're on property.

19 days!!!

Recent Trips:
Old 08-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #14
nanienamou
Mouseketeer

Love your plans!

I also eat a meat/veggie/fruit diet (although not Paleo) but I indulge when in vacation. I still have to be somewhat cautious, especially with ice cream, as it upsets my tummy.

Can't wait to read your reviews! Hope you have a terrific trip!
nanienamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #15
alicehatter
Living in Wonderland, Married to the Mad Hatter, with Everything as it SHOULD be. (aka mandibc11)

I'm In!

I'm following a Primal diet as well, and cannot wait to see what you both come up to order in Disney! I will certainly be indulging in a few gluten free (although most likely not grain free) foods when I head down there in October - Mickey Waffles and BabyCakes bakery - but other than that I plan on following the Primal plan as much as possible!
alicehatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: