DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #16
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

I am here now. We are actually checking out this morning. My dd and her friend did all the parks and I decided not to do any parks this trip since I will be back in early December. I had a great time relaxing. My normal daily walks in the morning, breakfast in the room and lounging by the pool for most of the day.

Evening was either DTD, Contemporary/Top of the World Lounge and the Boarwalk area.

I did request Springs, near pool. This is my first time here. I was definitely overwhelmed once here. So many paths

From walking in the morning, I did find my way around and realize that as spread out as it is, there are definitely some remote areas but walking to wherever you need to go, is usually a few minutes walk. If I stay here again, I would choose Springs and second choice Congress Park. It really is a personal preference. Some poeple prefer more action/activities and some prefer an area less quiet/less traffic.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #17
iluveeyore
DVC Member - Disney is my second home!

We just returned from my second stay in the Grandstand - great pool with splash area for kids and a refill station very close to all the buildings there, great to get on bus before it fills up and get dropped off first as well, and only a two minute walk to the ferry to DTD or to the Carriage House/main pool/community hall. We didn't do parks, just relaxed by the pool, and this pool was the best to lay around and read our books. We requested Grandstand before we arrived, and when we checked in we asked which buildings/rooms were available and picked where we wanted to be.
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 07:57 AM   #18
Boomboom27
Earning My Ears

Springs

I would recommend the Springs, near both pools and the Community Hall CM's are great, lots of activities for the kids.
Boomboom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #19
MrToad1345
Mouseketeer

We are at the Paddock as we speak in the holding right next to the Paddock Pool and loving it.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:02 AM   #20
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrToad1345 View Post
We are at the Paddock as we speak in the holding right next to the Paddock Pool and loving it.
Lucky you!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #21
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

We have a 3 year old and a newborn & are staying at SSR in October. We love the Paddock area b/c the pool is fantastic. We get groceries & cook breakfast in our room, but I'm happy to hear that breakfast is being offered at the Paddock pool now too.

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:46 PM   #22
Sammie
DIS Veteran

With the new pool Paddocks is now our favorite area.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #23
DisneyDetective
DIS Veteran

I love Saratoga Springs but I'm biased as it's home resort. Although the new Paddock pool makes the area really cool, I'm still a Congress Park resident, lol!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #24
Junebugwv
DIS Veteran

We stayed (checked out 8/22/12) at the Grandstand section near the pool and really liked that area. I have a question for those of you who have stayed there. The refillable soda station at the pool had so many bees crawling in/around the soda spouts that we could not get near it. I asked the man at the bar about it and he shrugged and said it is a problem. I noticed that the drink station was not open again for the remainder of our stay, even though the bar area was open. Is that typical or did we happen to be there during an unusual bee problem?
Junebugwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #25
Junebugwv
DIS Veteran

Last edited by Junebugwv; 09-02-2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: double post
Old 09-02-2012, 08:54 AM   #26
mickeyoverload
Mouseketeer

We are staying here in October and I asked the lady at MS which area would be the best... She told me that with a 4yr old and 6 month old that she would request grandstands...honestly after staying in VWL on the top floor in the very last room on the hall the furthest away from the elevator (made bringing in a very tired little boy. Ack to the room almost impossible) I can't imagine being any worst than that! Lol! I swear every time we walked down that hall I felt like I was in the Shinning!
Old 09-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #27
dvcterry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebugwv View Post
We stayed (checked out 8/22/12) at the Grandstand section near the pool and really liked that area. I have a question for those of you who have stayed there. The refillable soda station at the pool had so many bees crawling in/around the soda spouts that we could not get near it. I asked the man at the bar about it and he shrugged and said it is a problem. I noticed that the drink station was not open again for the remainder of our stay, even though the bar area was open. Is that typical or did we happen to be there during an unusual bee problem?
we had the same bee problem, at bcv last time and blt time before that
Old 09-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #28
mykidslovesdisney
DIS Veteran

We just returned from a stay at SSR 8/15-8/23. It was out first stay. We booked it 2 wks bf arrival. We were in Grandstand 8621. We had the mugs due to DDP. I was very disappointed that the pool refill station was closed most of the stay and also refused to go near the high rocks one due to the bees. Thankfully DH isn't as chicken as me and he refilled our mugs.

We had issues at check in - specifically the text that the room was ready. We received 3 texts within 30 mins total. Each from a different source saying our room was ready. We were at DTD at the time and I called to get our room number and was told 2 times our room was not ready. The third text had our room number listed. We stopped at the front desk to figure out if our room was really ready. They stated only one text was sent. I showed them I received texts from DVC and SSR.

We also didn't get full service till day 5. We had 3 connecting ressies. . ( pt-cash-pt) they assured us that we would receive full service but somehow it wasn't done on day 4.

We also ended up with 18 refill mugs due to our connecting ressies.

My dc were not impressed w community hall in comparison to OKW and AKV. Pools were good.

I am not sure if we will return to SSR. We usually stay OKW and AKV. I missed the size of the 2bdrn that we are use to. SSR seemed much smaller in villa size..
2000-CSR, 2002 All Star Sports
2005, 2006, Old Key West, 2007 OKW as DVC mbrs
2008 -OKW- thanks TS faye for extending our stay!!
2009- AKV 8/5-8/13, 2010- OKW 8/11-8/20
2011- AKV 8/2-8/12 2012-SSR 8/15-8/23
2013-POR-R 7/27-8/4 and AKV-Kidani 8/4-8/9
2014 AKV-Kidani 7/28-8/8
My Disney loving kids- Matt-24, Jordan 15, Sam 13, Belle 11 & William 7

Belle said "Quick mom stop the car, Get on that bus!!"
Mom " Why do we need to get on that bus?"
Belle "Because it is going to Disney World"
mykidslovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #29
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

It really disappoints me that Disney won't fix the bee problem. They have the solution -- they installed an air curtain at the new Paddock Pool that keeps the bees away from the refill station. I really wish they'd retrofit it onto the other refill stations, too. Lord knows they make enough profit on the mug sales to pay for upgrades that would give guests a sting-free drink experience.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #30
Junebugwv
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
It really disappoints me that Disney won't fix the bee problem.
I certainly agree. Bees don't bother me too much, but there was no way to avoid getting bees in the mug. The station did not open at all for the next 5 days of our stay. There is no reason to have a refill station that can not be used.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: