Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #16
dmband
DIS Veteran

Was just wondering about pres day and found this thread
We will be there on Monday, pres day along with tues and wed
There is no option for different days or longer stays so I hope it's to to crazy
Old 08-10-2012, 11:53 AM   #17
rtfelt
Disneyland AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Disney72
Jumping on the Feb 2013 bandwagon!

DH and I are going Feb 1-6 for our 20th wedding anniversary! I can't wait!!! What can I expect crowd and weather wise?
It will not be crowded at this time. Many rides will be walk on. The weather is unpredictable. As has been said on this thread it can be 80 in the day or never get above 60 and rainy. Dress in layers and be prepared for rain. You may not get any rain, but it may so he prepared. You can get ponchos in the park, but they're expensive.

Rose
rtfelt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #18
Crazy4Disney72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtfelt View Post
It will not be crowded at this time. Many rides will be walk on. The weather is unpredictable. As has been said on this thread it can be 80 in the day or never get above 60 and rainy. Dress in layers and be prepared for rain. You may not get any rain, but it may so he prepared. You can get ponchos in the park, but they're expensive.
This is great to know, thanks! The chance of rain doesn't bother me too much, we've been to WDW in September several times when rain is a daily occurrence , I don't mind walking around wearing a Mickey poncho, I own several of them! The temps sound fine also, as back home in PA at that time the daytime high is often just in the 30s, many times colder!

18 trips to WDW, 7 trips to DL
Crazy4Disney72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:38 AM   #19
Disneydreamsdancer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechelt

In 2013 it's February 18.
Thank you!!

DLRP Aug '94 - Hotel Sante Fe
DLRP Mar '95 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLRP Jan '01 - Hotel Cheyenne . DLRP Jan '07 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLR Cal Jan '08 - Hilton Anaheim . DLR Cal Dec '08 - Marriott Anaheim . DLR Cal Jan '12 - Fairfield Inn . DLR Cal May '12 - Carousel Inn
Disneydreamsdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #20
dmband
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
Was just wondering about pres day and found this thread
We will be there on Monday, pres day along with tues and wed
There is no option for different days or longer stays so I hope it's to to crazy
Maybe I am missing it but I can't seem to find the crowd levels for February
If anyone ca point me in the right direction or tell me for 2/18, 19, and 20
That's Monday (pres day), tues and wed
Tia
Old 08-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #21
LizzyS
Mouseketeer

My husband and I will be there 2/23 through 2/26 (our anniversary!) and I have heard nothing but good things about that time of year!

1st ever trip to Disneyland: November 5th, 2011

2nd trip to Disneyland & California Adventure: February 23rd & 25th-26th, 2013

3rd trip to DLR (on site stay @PPH): February 26th - March 2nd, 2014
LizzyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #22
Xenorye
Mouseketeer

Sorry to necropost, but I'm currently trying to overplan and decide when we should go next year. We (Wife, Me, Daughter-3, MIL) are planning to go sometime between February - April. I'm having a hard time deciding what to do.

Late February sounds possibly appealing, however I'm concerned that the shortened hours mean we may not get to do as much. We're planning on 4.5 days in the parks, so that may not be much of a real concern, though. My daughter will be 3.5 at the time, so long lines are obviously something we want to avoid.

I'm not terribly concerned about shows, as we will make sure to include a weekend day as part of our trip to see Fireworks and/or Fantasmic, but one thing I'm curious about is World of Color. It seems to run at least one show every day, is that right?

The week we were originally planning was the second week of April, which is two weeks after Easter. I've been told to avoid the week after Easter, but I noticed that two weeks after still has the long hours as it's the tail end of Spring Break. Will the crowds make it not worth it, though?

Ugh... I know I can't be the only one to overthink and overplan, but this is driving me batty. TIA for any help.
Xenorye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #23
momsmail
Earning My Ears

Smile 2/16/12 - 2/23/12

I am taking my 4 year old son to Disneyland California in February 2013! I am so excited, as this will be my first time as an adult. It will be just my son and I.

We are going to fly in on Saturday Feb 16th, we will fly out Saturday Feb 23rd. We'll be staying 7 nights and will have 5-6 days in the park.

I am trying to plan ahead as much as possible, and have loved reading these threads so far! I plan to take our time in the park, and don't want to worry about down time (naps, swimming pool, etc.) taking up park time.

How do you think the crowds will be during this time? I'm sure Sunday and Monday will be busier, but what about Tues, Wed, Thurs, etc.?

Any other tips/hints for me? I will be going it alone with my son, so I am open to all helpful suggestions! I am in the process of researching the best bags and shoes.

We will be staying at the Ramada -- anyone stayed there? Does Von's deliver there? Is Target walking distance?

Anyone else going at the same time?

So excited!!!

momsmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #24
MaloCS
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick in Oregon View Post
President's day weekend can get busy. I don't recall it being that bad when we went this past February.
What?!

We were there for President's Day (2012) and the following week. The crowds were horrible with extremely long wait times. I will never put my family through that again. Any holidays, no matter how small they may be, will be avoided like the plague.

If you thought that week wasn't that bad then I'd hate to see what you consider bad.
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #25
dmband
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsmail View Post
I am taking my 4 year old son to Disneyland California in February 2013! I am so excited, as this will be my first time as an adult. It will be just my son and I.

We are going to fly in on Saturday Feb 16th, we will fly out Saturday Feb 23rd. We'll be staying 7 nights and will have 5-6 days in the park.

I am trying to plan ahead as much as possible, and have loved reading these threads so far! I plan to take our time in the park, and don't want to worry about down time (naps, swimming pool, etc.) taking up park time.

How do you think the crowds will be during this time? I'm sure Sunday and Monday will be busier, but what about Tues, Wed, Thurs, etc.?

Any other tips/hints for me? I will be going it alone with my son, so I am open to all helpful suggestions! I am in the process of researching the best bags and shoes.

We will be staying at the Ramada -- anyone stayed there? Does Von's deliver there? Is Target walking distance?

Anyone else going at the same time?

So excited!!!
Crowds will be a 9 out of ten on Monday
7 tues
8 we'd and thurs
(if I recall correctly from another thread)
Old 09-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #26
Patrick in Oregon
If you're going to be a goofball, you have to own it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
What?!

We were there for President's Day (2012) and the following week. The crowds were horrible with extremely long wait times. I will never put my family through that again. Any holidays, no matter how small they may be, will be avoided like the plague.

If you thought that week wasn't that bad then I'd hate to see what you consider bad.

haha I dont know. I guess the only time I "measure" the crowds is when they are obviously very low. We watched the parades twice and were able to get a bench seat 30-45 min ahead of time (we eat while we wait). So maybe we just had good timing/got lucky but that usually doesn't happen that close to the parade. We didn't once bring up that we thought it was particularly busy. But maybe we feel like busy is normal for DL and not busy is abnormal.
DW:
Cats:
----------
http://www.twitter.com/ptriz21 | http://www.instagram.com/ptriz21
Patrick in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #27
MaloCS
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick in Oregon View Post
haha I dont know. I guess the only time I "measure" the crowds is when they are obviously very low. We watched the parades twice and were able to get a bench seat 30-45 min ahead of time (we eat while we wait). So maybe we just had good timing/got lucky but that usually doesn't happen that close to the parade. We didn't once bring up that we thought it was particularly busy. But maybe we feel like busy is normal for DL and not busy is abnormal.
Ahhh, I see.

After a few days at Disneyland back in February, 2012 I quickly learned that the vast majority of people there were locals armed with Annual Passes. That explains why the parades were comfy while the line at 'Indiana Jones', 'Star Tours' and 'Space Mountain' were still sporting 60+ minute wait times. 60+ minutes for E-Ticket rides during the week when I thought school was supposed to be in session. Hell, 'Peter Pan' at times was 90 minutes; 90 minutes for 'Peter Pan'.

When we asked employees if the excessive crowd size was common for a February week night they told us that President's Day week (not just the holiday or preceding weekend) was always busy. Always busy? This wasn't busy, this was obscene.

On the Thursday after President's Day the park was so crowded in the morning that you couldn't help rubbing shoulders with people in Tomorrow Land. We took an afternoon break at 'Pooh's Corner' across from 'Splash Mountain' and we couldn't even find a place to sit. We had to walk to 'New Orleans Square' in order to find an empty park bench to sit on. People were crowded around the occupied benches, people were leaning against fences, kids were playing in the walk ways; I honestly couldn't believe it.

When we got home I tried my hardest to find out why the park was so busy. I scoured Los Angeles school and government web sites looking for holidays, I tried to find conventions or special events. I didn't find anything that would explain why the parks were so busy. I honestly don't know if what we experienced was an anomaly or if it is what Disneyland has turned into.

To be fair, the Tuesday morning after President's Day was really light. However, by 4:00 PM or so the park was very crowded and it only got worse each and every day after that.

Last edited by MaloCS; 09-06-2012 at 04:18 PM.
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #28
momsmail
Earning My Ears

Crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
Crowds will be a 9 out of ten on Monday
7 tues
8 we'd and thurs
(if I recall correctly from another thread)
Thank you so much for this info! It sounds like it will be busy, we'll just have to prepare ourselves and no matter what, we'll have fun.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #29
momsmail
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
Ahhh, I see.

After a few days at Disneyland back in February, 2012 I quickly learned that the vast majority of people there were locals armed with Annual Passes. That explains why the parades were comfy while the line at 'Indiana Jones', 'Star Tours' and 'Space Mountain' were still sporting 60+ minute wait times. 60+ minutes for E-Ticket rides during the week when I thought school was supposed to be in session. Hell, 'Peter Pan' at times was 90 minutes; 90 minutes for 'Peter Pan'.

When we asked employees if the excessive crowd size was common for a February week night they told us that President's Day week (not just the holiday or preceding weekend) was always busy. Always busy? This wasn't busy, this was obscene.

On the Thursday after President's Day the park was so crowded in the morning that you couldn't help rubbing shoulders with people in Tomorrow Land. We took an afternoon break at 'Pooh's Corner' across from 'Splash Mountain' and we couldn't even find a place to sit. We had to walk to 'New Orleans Square' in order to find an empty park bench to sit on. People were crowded around the occupied benches, people were leaning against fences, kids were playing in the walk ways; I honestly couldn't believe it.

When we got home I tried my hardest to find out why the park was so busy. I scoured Los Angeles school and government web sites looking for holidays, I tried to find conventions or special events. I didn't find anything that would explain why the parks were so busy. I honestly don't know if what we experienced was an anomaly or if it is what Disneyland has turned into.

To be fair, the Tuesday morning after President's Day was really light. However, by 4:00 PM or so the park was very crowded and it only got worse each and every day after that.

Duuuude! This is scarin' the heck outta me! We will be there Sat 16th - Sat 23rd. Sounds like a pretty busy time! I am not a crowd person, but I expect it when going to Disney. I will have to prepare my son (and myself) to expect the worst and go with the flow.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Here's to hoping Feb 2013 is freakishly slow.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #30
momsmail
Earning My Ears

Booked the tickets today!

I booked our airline tickets today. It's real now!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: