Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 02:21 AM   #1
djk
Mouseketeer

Fairfield vs. Del Sol

For basically the same price, I can get a room at either the Fairfield or the Del Sol. We've stayed at the Fairfield in the past, but have never stayed at the Del Sol.

I know the Del Sol is closer, which would be nice - especially at the end of the day. Also, the Del Sol has a free breakfast (which I've heard is nothing to write home about, but may be better than nothing??), whereas the Fairfield does not.

Is the Fairfield nicer - enough so to make it worth the longer walk and giving up breakfast?

Thoughts? Other pros and cons?

Last edited by djk; 02-09-2013 at 02:29 AM.
djk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
OnTheRoadAgain
DIS Veteran

The walk is only 500 feet farther, so the same distance as walking from the DL central hub down Main St before the Y. Not much, considering I walk about 100 times that a day at DL.

I would pick Fairfield, I would consider it a "star" higher in rating. We could still fit 5 easily in a double queen room with their pull-out chair. Breakfast for us would be about $25 per day at McDonalds.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
djk
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the perspective!

Anyone else? I am so indecisive!
djk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
Blue32
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Del Sol in November. It was not terrible, but I am sure the Fairfield is MUCH nicer. I would consider the Del Sol again because of the Bunk Bed rooms. We liked having those for our daughters, besides it being close and relatively cheap. The breakfast would NOT be a deciding factor for me here. After 2 days we bought our own cereal and ate in our room.
Blue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
Mickey&Co
DIS Veteran

How long is the walk from the Fairfield to DLR main entrance?
Oct 1992 - Dixie Landings (Now POR) * Oct 1997 - AS Music * Oct 1998 - AS Music * Oct 1999 - AS Sports & Music * Mar 2000 - AS Music * Oct 2000 - AS Movies & MNSSHP * Jul 2003 - AS Movies * Jul 2005 - RPR & 4 night Wonder Cruise * Nov 2006 - Pop Century & MVMCP! * June 2013 UO WWoHP/HRH and PBH & AS Movies/SWW * November 2014 - Disneyland, CA!!!

Mickey&Co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djk View Post
For basically the same price, I can get a room at either the Fairfield or the Del Sol. We've stayed at the Fairfield in the past, but have never stayed at the Del Sol.

I know the Del Sol is closer, which would be nice - especially at the end of the day. Also, the Del Sol has a free breakfast (which I've heard is nothing to write home about, but may be better than nothing??), whereas the Fairfield does not.

Is the Fairfield nicer - enough so to make it worth the longer walk and giving up breakfast?

Thoughts? Other pros and cons?
Del Sol is MAYBE 1 minute closer. Of the 2, I would choose Fairfield every time. While Fairfield does not have free breakfast, they do have McDonalds in the parking lot. And yes to the is it worth the longer walk/no breakfast question.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
jory29
DIS Veteran

Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)

Make sure if you do stay at the Fairfield Inn, that you are able to get the $90 a night rate through Last Minute Travel -just ask for help if you don't know how to find the room rate at that price. There were threads here before, about Last Minute Travel being free to join, and those rates were the ones for Fairfield Inn through the website, but only as a member.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
dpinchot
Earning My Ears

I've stayed at FFI twice now and recommend it highly. Took me exactly 8 minutes from the hotel lobby to the security stop before the turnstiles.

Unfortunately, my dates changed for my trip next month and I couldn't get all nights at the FFI (or even a reasonable rate at such a late date) so I'm going to try Hojo. Hear great things on the Dis about it.

July 2000 -- AS Sports
June 2005 -- POP
April 2007 -- POFQ
April 2009 -- WL
June 2010 -- POFQ
April 2011 -- DLR (offsite FFI)
July 2011 -- SW/US/IoA (HRH)
April 2012 -- DLR (offsite FFI)
March 2013 -- DLR (offsite HoJos)
March 2014 -- DLR (offsite FFI)
June 2014 -- BC
dpinchot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #9
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

FFI for sure.
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: