DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #16
Raisincain
Earning My Ears

I would suggest also checking out fidelity resales. I had a great experience with them.

Having said that, I think a lot of your resale experience will depend not only on the company you choose, but who you happen to get in that company. I have called resale companies and gotten terse responses from the sales person, called back another day and asked for another person at the same company and got a much better reception.

Remember, its' your money and you are the boss. Don't be shy about asking any questions you may have and if you feel that you are not received well by an individual hang up, call back and ask for someone else. Good luck!
Raisincain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #17
radmcg
Mouseketeer

I just bought my first contract. Deed filed. Still don't have points. Went through TTS had a great experience.
radmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #18
Joed88
Earning My Ears

Let me start by saying that this site is an incredible resource. My wife and I had an appointment to purchase 200 points yesterday at the blt for about 32k. I was just doing a little more research the night before when I came across this board. We loved everything about the dvc but didn't really care for any of the hotels they were offering. I was staying at the Dolphin and wanted something in that area. Now it looks like we can get something in the area we want for much less. I understand the restrictions and they don't seem like problem for us. My wifes a teacher so we will probably always be going during a peak season. For this reason it seems that I should buy into a resort that I want to be at.
I'm a rookie for sure and will keep researching but if I'm missing a negative to purchasing a resale, I definitely want to hear it.
Thanks again to everyone for the information. I would have kicked myself if I discovered it after the fact.
Joed88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #19
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Resale is the only way to go if you want to save a lot of money!there are several good brokers, not just TTS. Good luck!

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #20
owtrbnks
WDW ADDICT

Talking

Another vote for the Timeshare Store here. Purchased 2 DVC contracts through them. Very courteous, PROMPT, and professional. Currently awaiting ROFR on the 3rd. They really do have a store - we've been there!

owtrbnks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #21
rmcildw2m
Mouseketeer

I have bought and sold both of my dvc with the timeshare store . They were flawless threw out the precess each time If I buy again it will be with them .
Old 09-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #22
Mickeyfans4ever
DVC Member

I just want the know if someone out there has the BIG secret to being the first offer at resale points. Already own 160 BLT (purchased via Disney) but looking to buy daughter's family a small ownership. Every time I see 1 to 50 point listing the points are sold and I've be placed as backup. I get TTS email but since I don't stay logged onto my email every minute of the day I'm always too late. Any ideas as to how to be the first to call?
'99 Off Site - Magic Music Days -H.S. Chorus Trip
'00 Off Site - Magic Music Days -H.S. Chorus Trip
'04 Off Site (DD traveled w/friends) Halloween
'05 Coronado Springs Resort - Christmas Week
'06 Wilderness Lodge-Halloween
'07 Off Site -Magic Music Days - Marching Band Trip
'08 ABD- Backstage Magic Tour June 22
'10 Wilderness Lodge - May 15-22 Family Celebration DVC purchase
'11 Bay Lake Tower - Jan 7 - 13 1st DVC member visit & Run Disney Danielle & Brian
'11 Bay Lake Tower - Dec 19-25 Christmas with Mickey
'13 Bay Lake Tower - Jan 9 - 16 Run Disney: Danielle, Brian, Kaitlin & Reid

Mickeyfans4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #23
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfans4ever View Post
I just want the know if someone out there has the BIG secret to being the first offer at resale points. Already own 160 BLT (purchased via Disney) but looking to buy daughter's family a small ownership. Every time I see 1 to 50 point listing the points are sold and I've be placed as backup. I get TTS email but since I don't stay logged onto my email every minute of the day I'm always too late. Any ideas as to how to be the first to call?
You can contact more than one Broker.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #24
BeachLove
Mouseketeer

I tried putting in an offer (more than once)with them and they said that I was low balling and it was unreasonable. List price was 74 something and I was asking $10 off. So went to Fidelity and got a similar contract with MORE points for much much less. Contacts were passing in the mid 50's - low 60's.
BeachLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #25
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachLove
I tried putting in an offer (more than once)with them and they said that I was low balling and it was unreasonable. List price was 74 something and I was asking $10 off. So went to Fidelity and got a similar contract with MORE points for much much less. Contacts were passing in the mid 50's - low 60's.
I had a very similar experience with another very popular resale broker, they told me I would be insulting the seller if I offered $10 below asking price. So I made an offer with Fidelity for a very similar contract and it was accepted and passed ROFR. I am very happy with Fidelity.

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #26
4bsingreece
Earning My Ears

Hello all! Where would I find a list of the restrictions? We really only cruise so it sounds like resale won't help us
4bsingreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #27
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4bsingreece View Post
Hello all! Where would I find a list of the restrictions? We really only cruise so it sounds like resale won't help us
Resale buyers are allowed to use their points at DVC resorts and for RCI exchanges only. They are not allowed to use them for Adventures by Disney, The Concierge Collection or the Disney Collection (which includes cruises). Buying a timeshare simply to use the points to cruise is not a wise purchase. First off, the ability to use DVC points for a cruise is not guaranteed and can be modified or removed at any time. Secondly, the further away you get from the core operation of a timeshare (staying at their resorts) the more expensive the options become. If you are a big time Disney cruiser, I would suggest booking cash and maybe trying to find internet specials or discounts for booking another cruise while on board. I (along with many, many others on here) would strongly recommend against buying DVC if your intention is to cruise a majority of the time. Good luck with your decision!
Old 09-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #28
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Buying direct won't help much either. Disney doesn't sell DVC for cruising or other stays outside of the DVC resorts. They allow it and tack on booking fees and restrictions. Not all cruises will have DVC availability and there have been DVC black out periods.

Read the very fine print, "Vacation destinations offered through exchange opportunities require a fee and may be modified or withdrawn at any time".

Disney Cruise Line is an exchange.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #29
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
As in you don't travel to WDW or wouldn't use any of the DVC resorts? I would not buy a product that I wasn't going to use for it's core purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
Resale buyers are allowed to use their points at DVC resorts and for RCI exchanges only.
Resale buyers may use their points for "Disney Vacation Club resorts, as well as for RCI® exchanges, Club Cordial and Club Intrawest".

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #30
ELMC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMC View Post
Resale buyers are allowed to use their points at DVC resorts and for RCI exchanges only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post

Resale buyers may use their points for "Disney Vacation Club resorts, as well as for RCI® exchanges, Club Cordial and Club Intrawest".
True, and thanks for the correction. I often forget about Club Cordial and Club Intrawest because they are so infrequently talked about.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: