Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #76
cobbler

Tag #1: (Under Construction: Waiting for cobbler to say something worth tagging! )

Tag #2: Beat husband in a debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottager

Hey, that must have been our group of 8 in front of you on Friday! I was on the far right hugging the line of pavement with my little guy shoving me back so he could be at the front....lol. The trick worked great...but seems to be catching on.
If your group was the first 8 in line then it was, too funny. You were right behind us at bag check then too, because 2 ladies were in front than moved behind us to their group.

Jan '00 - CBR / Dec '01 - CSR / Dec '03 - POR / Dec '04 - Pop & Sports / Oct '05 - POFQ / Nov '05 - 1st trip home to SSR / Nov '06 - CR Tower / Jan '07 - BWV
Oct '07 - SSMC07 & SSR / Nov '07 - ASMo / Apr '08 - AKV & ASMu / Sept '08 - SSMC08 & CBR / Nov '08 - GF /May '09 - DCL & YC /Oct '09 - SSR / Dec '09 - OKW & DCL
Apr '10 - GCV / Oct '10 - OKW / Dec '11 - VWL / Jan '12 -SSR / May '12 -Poly Concierge / Sept '12 - Grand Californian Concierge / Jan '13 - SSR

Disney Races:
Oct '07 - ToT 6.5K / May '08 - Minnie 15K / Sept '08 - EE 5K / Sept '09 - EE 5K / Oct '09 - RFTT / Oct '10 - W&D 1/2 Marathon / Jan '12 - Donald / Sept '12 - Disneyland half
Jan '13 - Goofy Challenge
cobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #77
azdoughboy
Mouseketeer

One word: genius.

We used this technique both Monday 9/3 and Tuesday 9/4.

Monday wasn't nearly as crowded, and we were in the third car no problem. 3 of us (Me, 31, DW 27, and MIL ??). I hustled up ahead, but walked only. Rope was up, but I was on the rope one from farthest right. A bit of jostling but no biggie. Right on cue, Big Red came up the street, and the groan was audible. We used the backpack-grabbing baby elephant train and were MORE than satisfied with our placement. We then rode LFT walk-on, and Mater's walk-on. Done by 735. We then took some photos of a near-empty BVS before heading to the big park.

Tuesday was certainly busier with APEE and a later time (9 as opposed to 7), but did the "entrance gate loiter" (thanks RideMax!) and was, once again, front right. Elephant walk, Big Red, groan, 13th in line. Asked MIL if she wanted to do it again, to which she replied, "Absolutely!". We got back into Single Rider (seriously a no-brainer) and walked on. They got put together, and I was the next car. Only cramp was that the ride shut down while I was getting ready to exit, so 5 or so minutes delayed before getting out of there.

We then headed over to TSMM and walked on. After that, we hopped back in line and walked on again. We could have gone a third time, but forearms and wrists were shot at that point. Walked through the PP entrance to Carsland and ate breakfast at Flo's. Went outside to watch RSR, where it had just got going again.

Fantastic thread, and thanks so much for the heads up. Funny thing about Tuesday: the lady whose family ended up in front of us for RSR said her husband was ADAMANT that they stay "wide right". I told her he must have read the same thing I did!

THANKS SOOO MUCH!!!

BC
azdoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #78
poohj80
Got Hunny?

What's the "entrance gate loiter"?

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #79
DisneyJulieZ
I've fallen in love...with Disneyland!!

Yes, I'm also wondering about "the entrance gate loiter"...do share! tee hee!!
TIA!
1st family trip to DL--October 2008; 2nd family trip to DL--March 2009 for Daddy's b-day!; 3rd family trip to DL--October 2010 to see Jack Skellington again!; 4th family trip to DL--December 2010 for our 1st Christmas-time visit to DL! ; 5th family trip to DL--May 2011 to celebrate DS's b-day & school being done--using our winning FP's! 6th family trip--1st trip to DWorld!!--October 2011 7th family trip to DL--Oct. 2012--1st Trick or Treat Party! 8th family trip to DL--Oct. 2014--1st time staying onsite!
DisneyJulieZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #80
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

This past Tues was definately a busier EE day. We stayed wide right and I managed to walk on RSR single rider then it broke down as DH was trying to ride so i had to get get him a FP.

Yesterday (Fri) EE was much, much lighter. DS and I were first on Luigi's which was fun because the CMs stand around "washing" the windows first thing in the morning. Then when the first guests walk up they make an arch with their squigies to welcome you. The area was so quiet we had a Photopass guy following our family around to get pictures in 3 different areas.
BayGirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #81
azdoughboy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohj80 View Post
What's the "entrance gate loiter"?
Entrance gate loiter...

It's mostly effective in DLand during EMH if you don't have EMH, but worked Tuesday.

The idea is you "loiter" around the EMH entrance, and about 15 minutes prior to park opening, they switch the entrance to "Park Entrance", so you get front of the line.

What happened Tuesday was the APEE and EMH were merging into crowded long lines, so I was watching the gates. I saw a suit and a few important people come out and start talking. I left my wife and MIL in line, and went closer to investigate (snoop). I heard "open up (whatever number)". I loitered around the number they stated (can't recall), and I saw a supervisor and another CM walk towards the gate. They opened it up, and I "happened" to be right up front. I text the wife, and we were money.

I wouldn't necessarily advise this ALL the time, but it has been effective for us commonly.

BC
azdoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #82
poohj80
Got Hunny?

Thanks for the explanation. So this was outside the turnstiles before anyone was allowed into the park, correct?

FINALLY found Snow White after she was MIA dealing with a strike at the mine all week
poohj80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #83
disneymum58
Mouseketeer

Sunday Sept 2. Several people raced ahead of us to RSR. My DS12 saw the crowds ahead of us and moaned that we would be waiting forever and shouldn't even bother. I said, "Don't worry. Just stay far to the right and follow me." A few minutes later, we were in a car!
Thanks to whomever posted this tip!

disneymum58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #84
profa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdoughboy View Post
One word: genius.

We used the backpack-grabbing baby elephant train and were MORE than satisfied with our placement. We then rode LFT walk-on, and Mater's walk-on. Done by 735. We then took some photos of a near-empty BVS before heading to the big park.

Elephant walk, Big Red, groan, 13th in line.

BC
What is the backpack grabbing elephant train... ?
profa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #85
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

I think they mean grab the back pack of the person in front of you in your group to make a "train" line - like a baby elephant using it's tusk to hold on to it's mom's tail, and the next one behind holding it's tail, and so on....
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

tylerandalexsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #86
holcomb-mania
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post
Thru the end of September every morning the DLR hotel guests are allowed into DCA an hour before everyone else (at 7AM this summer). This is called Extra Magic Hour or EMH. They get first shot at getting in the RSR FP line because they are in the parks early. Even though RSR FPs are not given out until the start of normal park hours (8AM this summer). So those without EMH show up before 8AM to start queuing for RSR FPs, but they are behind those with EMH. Plus many folks have been arriving at 7:30AM to queue for RSR FP. Anyone arriving at 8AM for RSR will be behind all those people when they try to get RSR FP.

Most mornings the RSR FPs are gone by 9:30-10AM.
Ok, so I'm planning strategy for our June 2013 trip. What I'm hearing is run Wide Right to get on early during EMH. If possible, get multiple rides or add in Luigi and/or Mater. Then go to the FP line a little before park opening instead of waiting in the FP line for an hour, to target a FP for a ride at night.

Would that work? Is it possible to "time" my entry into the FP line to get a nighttime FP?
holcomb-mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #87
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Bump for those like me who missed this the first time.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #88
Tif
Earning My Ears

Has anyone had success with this technique recently? Also, has anyone done this with a wheelchair in their party? I'm just wondering how the queue works with a chair...can you wheel through it just like the other rides in DCA or is there some other line chairs have to use?
Tif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #89
Sgtfox
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tif View Post
Has anyone had success with this technique recently? Also, has anyone done this with a wheelchair in their party? I'm just wondering how the queue works with a chair...can you wheel through it just like the other rides in DCA or is there some other line chairs have to use?
Used wide-right on Sunday, Ocober 28th. Worked like a charm. We didn't even have to jostle for position and were in the fourth or fifth car of the day.
Sgtfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #90
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tif View Post
The RSR line accessible. You go through almost the entire line with the chair until you reach the point where you are directed to cars. Instead of being directed to the regular boarding area, you are directed to the left hand side up a short ramp. There is a boarding area here where you can have as much time as needed to access the car and get settled. The car is then routed back through the ride. They repeat the process to get out. So you enter and exit from the same side and avoid the stairs on the regular exit.

You should be able to use the wide right technique with the wheelchair. Have fun!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cars land, mm hour, rsr, wide right

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: