Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #181
kangamama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteriouspnai

There is still a "rope drop" for park opening after EE, so although you may not be one of the FIRST in line, you'll beat the public behind you if you do wide right. Yes, there'll be a line of people from EE, but I think it'll be shorter than if you were to not do wide right. If you're going on a Saturday when AP's have early entry at 7AM, there may be a chance of less people than a regular hotel EE because less APs are likely to get up that early on a Saturday. Not as crowded, but still crowded, so hope for the best, but expect the worst Not sure if RSR line is any shorter during WOC, though :/
Maybe we'll try that -- we will actually be there on a Monday it looks like. The hotels have EE, but the crowd predictor is showing a level of 1.5 for DCA, so at the very least it shouldn't be a bad as it was when we there over Xmas and had to wait for over an hour even with a fast pass!
kangamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #182
shimmergirl
Earning My Ears

This was the best tip!! We found a few weeks ago that if we got immediately behind the CM holding the rope for Cars on the right (looks like a gas pump) we were first on the ride! DH went for FP and then did single rider--worked so well!
shimmergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #183
Dziactor
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tip, will use in August.

Dziactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #184
spicedparrot
Earning My Ears

Does this still work

Will be going there the end of May, just curious if any recent visitors have noted whether or not this technique is still effective on EE days.
spicedparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #185
Where'sPiglet?
I'm going to try something different this month
Do I LOOK like I know what I'm doing

I tried to use this trick the other day. My mom and I got to the rope at about 8:45 and we were back far enough from the rope to be next to the wait time info board. By staying far to the right, walking quickly, and weaving among people, we were only about 15-20 people back from the rope by the time we were under the stoplight in Carsland. This is as far as we got, however.....they waited until the mob was under the stoplight to inform us that the ride was down.

Being on the right was a good spot to be; we were able to take "Cross Street" towards Pacific Wharf and over to Screamin' and we got there when the wait time was only 5 minutes.

This was an EE day; they were letting on-site hotel guests walk on the sidewalk past the rope drop crowd in the street.

1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013 ~*~ Disneyland

2010 Princess Half Marathon Trip Report
Where'sPiglet? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:19 AM   #186
jsknacke
Earning My Ears

Yep used it two times this week (4/28-5/3/13) and it worked!!
jsknacke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:55 AM   #187
mom2me
Earning My Ears

This my be a silly question is there a map of this wide right that you are talking about? I have not been to DCA since 2001 and we will be going in September so not really familiar with the layout of the park.

mom2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #188
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2me View Post
This my be a silly question is there a map of this wide right that you are talking about? I have not been to DCA since 2001 and we will be going in September so not really familiar with the layout of the park.
You are not the first one to ask, and it is really not that hard. All the technique means is that as you enter CarsLand stay to the far right. It helps if you queue up to the right in Carthay Circle in the morning behind the rope.

DLR 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #189
Xenorye
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post
You are not the first one to ask, and it is really not that hard. All the technique means is that as you enter CarsLand stay to the far right. It helps if you queue up to the right in Carthay Circle in the morning behind the rope.

But stay off the sidewalk...
Xenorye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #190
TLPL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenorye View Post

But stay off the sidewalk...
Why? Please explain.

-February: WDW/ DCL - Bay Lake Tower/ 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy/ Villas at Grand Floridian
-August: Vero Beach

-Western Caribbean Cruise on Disney Wonder/ Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

TLPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #191
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLPL View Post

Why? Please explain.
The cast members will make you stay on the asphalt that is the main pathway in Carsland. It looks like a road. Off to the side is light colored sidewalk. The CMs will have you form a single file line on the asphalt. No one is allowed to walk on the light colored sidewalk because it will mess with the line.

Just stay all the way to the right on the asphalt, avoiding the sidewalk. You will be fine!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #192
dnamertz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU MOM View Post
There will be EE at DCA all three days we are there 01/26-28 and since we are staying offsite and don't have AP's our best bet is getting FP since we won't be able to use this technique. Right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl
Yes, I would get the FP. Standby will be busy already. Single rider is another option.
I'm confused after reading the above question and answer. Does the wide right technique not work if do not have EE acces and you are entering the park as a "regular" guest (assuming you lined up early enough to be inside the park for the rope drop)?
dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #193
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnamertz View Post

I'm confused after reading the above question and answer. Does the wide right technique not work if do not have EE acces and you are entering the park as a "regular" guest (assuming you lined up early enough to be inside the park for the rope drop)?
The wide right technique still works in that you will beat the other regular guests who will be behind you. But you will be behind everyone else that was there for EE.

So if you use wide right as a regular guest on an EE day, your result will not be the same as if you did wide right on a non-EE day. It is up to you to decide if you want to wait in standby on an EE day as a regular guest.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #194
dnamertz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
The wide right technique still works in that you will beat the other regular guests who will be behind you. But you will be behind everyone else that was there for EE.

So if you use wide right as a regular guest on an EE day, your result will not be the same as if you did wide right on a non-EE day. It is up to you to decide if you want to wait in standby on an EE day as a regular guest.
I see. I was just reading the EA Superthread (wasn't familiar with how it worked since I haven't been since CarsLand opened). So for the official park opening rope drop (on an EMH morning), there are already EMH people riding RSR (and in line for RSR) by the time the rope is dropped for regular guests. Correct?
dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #195
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnamertz View Post

I see. I was just reading the EA Superthread (wasn't familiar with how it worked since I haven't been since CarsLand opened). So for the official park opening rope drop (on an EMH morning), there are already EMH people riding RSR (and in line for RSR) by the time the rope is dropped for regular guests. Correct?
Correct. Of

Tags
cars land, mm hour, rsr, wide right

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: