Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 05:47 AM   #16
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Wow that is hardcore Paris sightseeing after a night on a bus you packed so much in

If you want to know the names of the momuments etc you saw let me know and I'll add them
Yes please! That would be really nice of you.

Follow me on instagram: Nina_bina20

Our Paris/Disney Adventure
[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The 'Oh my God! We can actually go!' Pre - trip Report:
The 'Oh my God! We Actually Went!' Trip Report:
Neeny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:35 AM   #17
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Your temple like building is the Palais Bourbon which houses the Assemblee nationale which is similiar to the English parliment.

http://www.assemblee-nationale.fr/english/index.asp

The building with Paris-Orleans on (picture under you at the Invalides which houses the war musuem as well as Napoleons tomb) is a former railway station which was built for the 1900 Universial Exposition (same as the Eiffel Tower) and trains ran from it until 1939.

It's now the Musée d'Orsay where the impressionists are mainly found

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mus%C3%A9e_d%27Orsay

The one below that with the dome is the Institut de France

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institut_de_France

After Notre Dame you've got the Conciergerie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conciergerie

Hth

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #18
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Your temple like building is the Palais Bourbon which houses the Assemblee nationale which is similiar to the English parliment.

http://www.assemblee-nationale.fr/english/index.asp

The building with Paris-Orleans on (picture under you at the Invalides which houses the war musuem as well as Napoleons tomb) is a former railway station which was built for the 1900 Universial Exposition (same as the Eiffel Tower) and trains ran from it until 1939.

It's now the Musée d'Orsay where the impressionists are mainly found

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mus%C3%A9e_d%27Orsay

The one below that with the dome is the Institut de France

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institut_de_France

After Notre Dame you've got the Conciergerie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conciergerie

Hth
Thanks Carrie!

[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The 'Oh my God! We can actually go!' Pre - trip Report:
Old 08-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #19
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Day 4 - More Disney

Studio Fun

We got up at the same time again, showered and went down to breakfast. This time I had cereal and apple juice, mum had cereal, orange juice and tea. Our meet up time was 9:30 today seeing as we had our tickets now so we spent longer over breakfast and then hung around in the room for a while. When on the coach we actually didn't leave until quarter to 10 because some people were really taking their time. Once we were at Disneyland Chris explained that he would definitely be there between 4 and 5pm in case anyone wanted to get anything or drop anything off or just chill out for a while and that the coach would be there at 11pm ready to take us home, though we probably wouldn't leave til midnight to give people a chance to see Dreams and get back.
Me and mum speedwalked to the studios:

Mum had decided that she wanted to go on this ride with me:

The queue was already 50 minutes long but we jumped in anyway. We were stuck behind this group of teens, one of them smoking when there were signs up telling you not to in the queue. Obviously someone caught on though, because a message came on in French and English politely reminding people that they weren't allowed to smoke in the queue. When that didn't work, the voice came on saying more snarkily: "Please put your cigarette out!" Ha! That got through to him! Eventually we reached the head of the queue and were put in the front row! Mum wasn't so happy; she was like "We're not in the front are we? No, no I don't want to be in the front!" I managed to coax her in and we were off! It was AMAZING. I loved every second! Mum did too, though she screamed her head off and kept her eyes squeezed shut. Well, except for one hilarious moment when I heard her screaming: "Oh no! I looked!" It was lunchtime by the time we got off and I was actually hungry! Mum went: "Quick! Lets go and get something while you can eat!" So off we went, though not before looking at the wait times for Parachutes which were 50 minutes or 20 minutes for single rider. We said we would go back and get in that queue later. We went back into the indoor bit with the restuarant that looks like several from the outside. I got menu 3 which is a burger, large chips, soft drink and a choice of a brownie or fruit (I chose fruit) and mum got menu 2 which was a chicken burger, chips and soft drink. We ate up and then had a look in the shop (my euros were burning a hole in my pocket) where I bought an Angel plush and mum got Callum the darth vader t shirt. We also both got one of those fold up Mickey bags. We then realised that a showing of Animagique was about to start and went to see that. Just as cute as I remembered and mum liked it too. It was then onto the art of animation. Unfortunatley as we came out it started to spit so we took cover in the undercover bit. After hanging out for a bit we decided that we didn't really want to go on Parachutes in the rain so headed towards Disneyland Parc (though not before stopping in the shop to look for that hoodie in my elusive size). It started to rain harder as we got to the Diseyland hotel and so we bit the bullet and got a poncho each from the stand outside. To be honest we were now at a bit of a loss of what to do. Then mum had the bright idea of going for a ride on the train; it would keep us dry and be interesting. We queued up and watched the character train. The train got to our stop but the queue didn't move and it just sat there. Eventually we realised that everyone was doing what we wanted to and no one was planning on getting off. So we hopped out of the queue and after some deliberation decided to see if there would be a shorter queue for BTM as it was raining. Well, they had closed it. There was a small crowd clustered outside obviously hoping that it would suddenly open and they could get on and for a while we waited too, but decided to move on as nothing was happening. Back into Fantasyland we went and eventually decided to bite the bullet and queue in the rain for Peter Pan's flight. Oh. My. God. It was in that 40 minute queue that I fully came to appreciate those ponchos. so many people were standing there getting absolutely drenched. I felt really sorry for all of the children that were getting soaked. Children without even a cardigan or jumper to protect them. There was this one little boy in a pirate costume and it was almost see through and sticking to him, he kept trying to pull it off and was crying at how uncomfortable he was. And his parents were just ignoring him! I felt like giving them a piece of my mind! Anyway, eventually we got onto the ride and it was really sweet, but short. I don't think I'd queue up for 40 minutes for it again.
It was about time for the Tarzan show, so we decided to go and see it again as it was so good last time.
I tried to take some pictures but we were stuck behind a pole again (we got moved from the end of the row where we had placed ourselves) and they move around so much!

After it had finished we decided to wander towards the Village as our reservation was at 6:15pm and it was still raining. By now my mum was really sick of the rain because she was wearing sandals and they were feeling disgusting on her feet because they were so sodden. She was thinking about buying a cheap pair of flip flops, so we stopped in the arcade bit so she could look. She did see some but they were a bit expensive, so she decided to wait. On our way to the Village we stopped in the little shop by the exit turnstiles and I found the hoodie in my size! Hooray! We looked in the other shops in the Village for flip flops but it was in vain. We carried on to our dinner destination:

We waited in the small queue and a CM came down the line taking our names and group number. The maitre d called the family in front of us and a Stephens family. No family answered so eventually he came over to us and asked our name. It turned out she had misheard us. We were seated at one of the tables right in front of the kitchen area. I could see Rabbit doing the rounds and then Goofy came out. Rabbit was our first character. He came over, gave me a big hug and posed for a picture:

The waiter came over and took our orders; I ordered the carbonara and mum had the lasagne. Next over was Goofy:

Then to mum's delight he squeezed round the table and sat next to her for a photo.

Pluto came over next and had his photo with me

and mum!

she patted his head and then he pretended to faint onto the little boy at the table next to us. Minnie came at the same time as our food (there was a near miss when she bumped into the waiter, but luckily he managed to swing the plate away from her)

Before leaving she straightened my ears and adjusted the bow. I have to say that the food was lovely. My mum ate up every last scrap of her lasagne and I ate as much of the carbonara as I could. Mickey came by while we were eating:

He had a photographer with him and stood in the same pose with me for ages while he struggled to make his camera work. I took both of us by surprise and kissed him on the nose. Mum says that she wished I had told her so that she could've taken a picture. Eventually Mickey had to move on so no professional pic for us. Goofy came round again and mimed at me to eat up and then shook his finger at me like I was a naughty child .
Mum ordered dessert: apple pie and a hot choclate. Funny story, she tried to order a coffee and the waiter sort of pulled a face and then said: "The coffee machine, it is broken and I do have another but it does not make good coffee and I would not want to give you bad coffee" so she went for a hot chocolate instead (she just wanted something warm to drink). She liked both but was surprised that the apple pie came cold. It was a fantastic experience and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. It had mostly stopped raining when we came out, but mum's shoes were still wet, so we went into the rainforest cafe shop and she bought a pair of plain blue flip flops for 4 euros (bargain). I went back into the fashion shop and got the Tinkerbell top that I had had my eye on and got Callum a Darth Vader Goofy and found the 20th Anniversary cd.

We went back to Disneyland Park and after a bit of dithering decided to go check BTM wait times. The sign said 55 minutes but we thought that it must be wrong because we couldn't even see the queue. When we got in we saw that they had added more barriers and made it more twisty turny (maybe so that people could queue out of the rain?) but it still was definitely not 55 minutes. I was so glad that we decided to go on it again; it really woke me up! While we were riding the sun had come out!

We still had a little while until parade spot staking could begin so we went to Aladdins passage.

It was quite sweet, but nothing special. It had gotten quite chilly now so I put on my new hoodie and gave mum my cardigan (she was now wearing two, one on top of the other and her poncho still), I took this photo

then we went to see the wait time on Star Tours: 10 minutes! And we got front row seats! Now it was parade spot time! We got a spot right in front of the popcorn cart on the Discoverland entrance side of the castle. The CMs were being really good about keeping the walkway clear and I thought: great! a good spot. Then they moved the rope. They moved it so that now it was going across the pavement. Cue a huge rush of people trying to kept front row. I had sat down and so was almost sent flying into the concrete and I was now stuck behind two tall people. Cont. next post

Old 08-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #20
MJ_always
DIS Veteran

Brilliant pics!!! Love the Cafe Mickey ones the RC Racer ride looks good, I've been wondering about that. I'll have to check it out when I'm there.

Disney is certainly tiring but in the best way possible! lol. I never sleep there either so by the last day I'm like a walking zombie!

...DLRP-September 2012, Newport Bay Club...

MJ_always is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #21
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_always View Post
Brilliant pics!!! Love the Cafe Mickey ones the RC Racer ride looks good, I've been wondering about that. I'll have to check it out when I'm there.

Disney is certainly tiring but in the best way possible! lol. I never sleep there either so by the last day I'm like a walking zombie!
Thanks, yeah Cafe Mickey definitely surpassed all of our expectations. RC Racer is fantastic, if you like swingboat rides you'll like this. I felt like a zombie by the end of the night.

Old 08-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #22
MJ_always
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeny17 View Post
Thanks, yeah Cafe Mickey definitely surpassed all of our expectations. RC Racer is fantastic, if you like swingboat rides you'll like this. I felt like a zombie by the end of the night.
Yeah I loved Cafe Mickey, mum and grandma weren't keen the 2nd time though so don't get to go back now -booo! lol. I just like it for the characters.
Ah yep RC Racer sounds good then.

...DLRP-September 2012, Newport Bay Club...

MJ_always is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #23
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

Lovely trip report! So glad you had such a lovely time!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel*
RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #24
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

I was just reading this and realised that I never finished it! So here we go!

A Night of Dreams!

Ok, so I believe we had just gone on Star Tours for the second time and now we were near the castle waiting for the evening parade. We had what we believed to be a great spot; it was on the right(?) side of the castle in front of a popcorn stand. The CMs were keeping the walkway in front of us clear, so we thought we would have a great view. Well, parade time was almost upon us and the CM moved the rope on the other side of the walkway so that the walkway was included in the viewing area. I was sitting down at this point and there was a sudden surge of people that almost knocked me onto my face. We just managed to get to the rope too, but were now a couple of lines back. I was a bit annoyed, but the parade was about to start, so moved up onto my tiptoes clapped to the music. All credit for these pictures goes to my mum who was tall enough to take them (not in any particular order):

We were in between two floats for the transformation scene, so on one side we had Ursula and really creepy music and on the other we had a princess and really lovely music. I liked this parade, but in all honesty I was impatient to see Dreams! Now we played the waiting game until it started. Every time there was an announcement about it we froze, but it kept being the 'in just a short time...' spiel.

By this point I was perched on a railing because some tall men had come and stood right in front of us. Then the lights went out and it started. Oh. My. God. Everything that had been said about it was right: it was amazing, spectacular, breathtaking. I was in tears for most of it, but the ending really had me going. We applauded with everyone else at the end of it and then began the long walk back to the coaches. Everyone was exhausted so we all got on the coach quickly and began the long journey home. I don't remember much of it, we slept on the coach and had hot drinks on the ferry. In the morning when we got to London we hit heavy traffic so got dropped off a couple of hours later than we should have. We got the tube back to Liverpool Street, grabbed bacon rolls for breakfast and then got the train back to our town. We then had to walk home from the station. I'm pretty sure this happened when we got home:

Thanks for reading along everyone! It was a great trip!

Old 04-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #25
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

I'm exhausted just reading it!!!

Sounds like you & your Mum had a great trip though

Thanks for sharing x
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #26
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum to Belle View Post
I'm exhausted just reading it!!!

Sounds like you & your Mum had a great trip though

Thanks for sharing x
Haha, yes we did, so much so that she says she would like to go together again one day No problem thank you for reading! x

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: