Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #106
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post

That's what I was thinking. Of course I thought of alot of things while I was tossing and turning all night long because of this. I am not very thick-skinned and it takes me a while to let things roll off.....it was a tough night. Between worrying about this and worrying about my little guy starting kindergarten tomorrow... Let's just say I was very happy for the sun to come up. Thank you Jenny and Kathy

I would stop worrying about it. We ALL make mistakes and no one is perfect. You have apologized and all can now move on.

I can't wait to see pictures of the big guy as he starts kindergarten tomorrow. He's going to do great, mom (you might not do as great...but it's a mom thing...trust me...been there, done that).
Old 08-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #107
solana131
DIS Veteran

Ok, moving right along....

After our very warm time at DTD, we got changed for the evening. I had been texting back and forth with Bob (RHMH) and we had decided to meet up at the Poly after our dinner. I was a little nervous because this was my first DISmeet and I guess I just didn't know how nice DISers were (well, some of them). Dani wasn't too sure about meeting a stranger, but I told her I was sure he was harmless and it was a public place with lots of exits So off we went.

I had a hard time making the buses work for us. Either I left way too early, so we barely made ti on time. This was one of those way too early things. We got to the MK by bus about an hour before our ADR. So we took the monorail and got off at the Contemporary to do some shopping and show Dani around. That took all of 15 mins...so we hopped back on the monorail.

I decided to get off at the TTC and walk over since we had plenty of time and it would give Dani a better view of my beloved Poly. Here's a few pics from my Feb trip in case you have never seen the Poly.

Oh it was so nice to be back. I was glad at this point that we had so much time to kill. It was very relaxing just wandering around the paradise that is the Poly. But alas....our ADR was approaching quickly, so we wandered over towards the GCH and checked in.

We waited for about 15 mins before we were seated. We were given one of those intimate little booths along the far right wall. I loved this spot. Sometimes at Kona, I feel like I am in the middle of the lobby and everyone walks by and looks at my food. This booth was nice.

We started off with the Pot Stickers

These were very yummy. Really flavorful and exotic...which I think is what you want when eating at the Polynesian. Then they brought the bread!

It is soft, warm Hawaiian bread with macadamia nuts served with a sweet macadamia nut butter. Yep, HEAVEN! I had totally forgotten about this bread since Feb. It was a pleasant surprise....but I'm not sure I would've ordered the potstickers if I had remembered. Of course you have to eat it all! It is a sin to leave the Kona bread.

For our meals we both ordered the Coconut Almond Chicken. I had this in Feb and I had been just raving about it to Dani. She thought it was great, but I was less than pleased with it this time around. I didn't even bother to take a picture of it. The presentation wasn't wonderful. I think they just didn't put enough of the yummy tropical sauce on it. And it was cooked too long. I'm not the type of person to send a meal back unless there is something really wrong with it, so I ate as much as I could.

We were way way too full to even think about dessert, so we paid our bill and went out to the sushi counter to find Bob and Midori.

They were so sweet. They take a father/daughter trip every year and it sounds like they have alot of fun. They were actually staying at FQ with us, but we never ran into them while we were there.

We couldn't stay long because it was about 7:30 and we wanted to make it over to the MK in time to get a good spot for the Electric Parade. So we said goodbye and hopped on the monorail. We timed this one just right and were at the MK in a few minutes.

We quickly walked through all the shops down Main Street since the sidewalks were packed already. I wanted to head over to FrontierLand to see the parade. I had heard it was much more quiet over there. We found a good spot on the steps to the Outpost Store (is that what it's called??) and waited and waited. I know it takes longer for the parade to make it's way over to that location, but something must've delayed the start because it seemed to take forever. It was hot and people were cranky.

The parade was great. Brought back warm memories from my childhood. They did not show this parade in Feb when we were there. I can't wait to have Bradey see it next time.

So after the parade we ran over to another ride we missed that morning. We figured with all the people leaving and all those getting ready for Wishes, the lines wouldn't be too long. We walked right on the Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan and a couple others. We made our way over to Dumbo. I had seen from D~'s TR how amazing Dumbo looked at night. It was really close to Wishes, and we thought it would be neat to see it from the ride.

We rode round and round and when it stopped she said we could stay on since there was no line. So we went round and round 3 more cycles. We still had 10 minutes to Wishes, and I was getting sick of going around in circles, so we gave up. We walked around the back walkway over to TomorrowLand and waited about 35 mins for Space Mountain. Then we did the PeopleMover and called it a night.

Up next....EMH morning at Epcot

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR *In Progress*: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #108
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by crk1977 View Post
I seldom post, but I wanted to say I have never even heard of easywdw until reading your trip report. Looks like a great site! Also, I am enjoying the report! The sweet cream cheese pretzel looks amazing. I am definitely going to try it on our next trip.
Hello Fellow Texan - We are located in Fort Worth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Ok, moving right along....

After our very warm time at DTD, we got changed for the evening. I had been texting back and forth with Bob (RHMH) and we had decided to meet up at the Poly after our dinner. I was a little nervous because this was my first DISmeet and I guess I just didn't know how nice DISers were (well, some of them). Dani wasn't too sure about meeting a stranger, but I told her I was sure he was harmless and it was a public place with lots of exits So off we went.

I had a hard time making the buses work for us. Either I left way too early, so we barely made ti on time. This was one of those way too early things. We got to the MK by bus about an hour before our ADR. So we took the monorail and got off at the Contemporary to do some shopping and show Dani around. That took all of 15 mins...so we hopped back on the monorail.

I decided to get off at the TTC and walk over since we had plenty of time and it would give Dani a better view of my beloved Poly. Here's a few pics from my Feb trip in case you have never seen the Poly.

Oh it was so nice to be back. I was glad at this point that we had so much time to kill. It was very relaxing just wandering around the paradise that is the Poly. But alas....our ADR was approaching quickly, so we wandered over towards the GCH and checked in.

We waited for about 15 mins before we were seated. We were given one of those intimate little booths along the far right wall. I loved this spot. Sometimes at Kona, I feel like I am in the middle of the lobby and everyone walks by and looks at my food. This booth was nice.

We started off with the Pot Stickers

These were very yummy. Really flavorful and exotic...which I think is what you want when eating at the Polynesian. Then they brought the bread!

It is soft, warm Hawaiian bread with macadamia nuts served with a sweet macadamia nut butter. Yep, HEAVEN! I had totally forgotten about this bread since Feb. It was a pleasant surprise....but I'm not sure I would've ordered the potstickers if I had remembered. Of course you have to eat it all! It is a sin to leave the Kona bread.

For our meals we both ordered the Coconut Almond Chicken. I had this in Feb and I had been just raving about it to Dani. She thought it was great, but I was less than pleased with it this time around. I didn't even bother to take a picture of it. The presentation wasn't wonderful. I think they just didn't put enough of the yummy tropical sauce on it. And it was cooked too long. I'm not the type of person to send a meal back unless there is something really wrong with it, so I ate as much as I could.

We were way way too full to even think about dessert, so we paid our bill and went out to the sushi counter to find Bob and Midori.

They were so sweet. They take a father/daughter trip every year and it sounds like they have alot of fun. They were actually staying at FQ with us, but we never ran into them while we were there.

We couldn't stay long because it was about 7:30 and we wanted to make it over to the MK in time to get a good spot for the Electric Parade. So we said goodbye and hopped on the monorail. We timed this one just right and were at the MK in a few minutes.

We quickly walked through all the shops down Main Street since the sidewalks were packed already. I wanted to head over to FrontierLand to see the parade. I had heard it was much more quiet over there. We found a good spot on the steps to the Outpost Store (is that what it's called??) and waited and waited. I know it takes longer for the parade to make it's way over to that location, but something must've delayed the start because it seemed to take forever. It was hot and people were cranky.

The parade was great. Brought back warm memories from my childhood. They did not show this parade in Feb when we were there. I can't wait to have Bradey see it next time.

So after the parade we ran over to another ride we missed that morning. We figured with all the people leaving and all those getting ready for Wishes, the lines wouldn't be too long. We walked right on the Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan and a couple others. We made our way over to Dumbo. I had seen from D~'s TR how amazing Dumbo looked at night. It was really close to Wishes, and we thought it would be neat to see it from the ride.

We rode round and round and when it stopped she said we could stay on since there was no line. So we went round and round 3 more cycles. We still had 10 minutes to Wishes, and I was getting sick of going around in circles, so we gave up. We walked around the back walkway over to TomorrowLand and waited about 35 mins for Space Mountain. Then we did the PeopleMover and called it a night.

Up next....EMH morning at Epcot
Alright Solana, you are making Midori and I hungry for Ohana's again... You are so kind to mention Midori and I in your trip report- Thanks - I don't know about you but DD and I are ready to go back NOW!!!!!!! Awesome trip report and pic's.. Keep them coming. I have learned a new way to post a trip report by reading yours and I need to change my format to more like yours. A little bit of writing and pics and a little more writing..... I will do it next July.. Boy! I know I will have tons to write about with Lucy coming with us next year..

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center)
Old 08-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #109
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
I don't know about you but DD and I are ready to go back NOW!!!!!!!
Ummm...let me check.....yep, I'm ready to go back too! I have been trying to find a way to go back since before we left last month I am hoping I can fit a quick trip in sometime this spring, but not sure if it will happen. I am officially shooting for Nov 2013 with just a mother/son trip. I don't think I could stand another summer trip with that heat and those crowds We already have our flights booked for a late Jan trip to FL to visit my folks over on the gulf coast.....so this winter isn't going to happen. But maybe later in the spring we could fit in a long weekend....we'll see.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #110
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Hope your little guy is having a great first day of school!!

Love your pictures of the Poly. I really want to stay there someday! We had dinner at Ohana's one night during our trip and planned to look around a bit but ended up running out of time.

Sounds like you had a fun DISmeet!

We always try to watch the parade from Frontierland. It doesn't seem to be as crowded. On our second trip we watched it from Main Street and there were people everywhere!! Needless to say we learned our lesson.

So cool that you were able to stay on Dumbo since there was no line. It looks so pretty all lit up!!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #111
KatMark
DIS Veteran

First, I hope Bradey is having a great first day at kindergarten.

Second, love the pictures of the Poly--the grounds are just breathtaking. We're going to have to try Kona one of these days for something besides breakfast. Mark would love that bread (I don't do nuts of any kind) and those potstickers look yummy.

Hooray for a DIS meet. But you forgot to take a picture to "prove" it happened.

My Mark would be so jealous over how many times in a row you rode Dumbo.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #112
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Hope your little guy is having a great first day of school!!

Love your pictures of the Poly. I really want to stay there someday! We had dinner at Ohana's one night during our trip and planned to look around a bit but ended up running out of time.

Sounds like you had a fun DISmeet!

We always try to watch the parade from Frontierland. It doesn't seem to be as crowded. On our second trip we watched it from Main Street and there were people everywhere!! Needless to say we learned our lesson.

So cool that you were able to stay on Dumbo since there was no line. It looks so pretty all lit up!!
Thanks...I hope he's having a good day too. I get to pick him up in about 45 mins and I can't wait. This has been hard on me...I can't wait to give him a hug and get him back home!

The Poly was a wonderful first place to stay and I have definitely been spoiled. FQ was nice too, but it ain't no Poly!

We never tried O'Hana, even in Feb when we stayed there for a week. It just isn't our cup of tea...too loud and crazy. Kona was wonderful and much easier to get into.

Dumbo was gorgeous at night. Wish I had gotten more pics of it, with the fountains underneath, the tent with the interactive play area, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
First, I hope Bradey is having a great first day at kindergarten.

Second, love the pictures of the Poly--the grounds are just breathtaking. We're going to have to try Kona one of these days for something besides breakfast. Mark would love that bread (I don't do nuts of any kind) and those potstickers look yummy.

Hooray for a DIS meet. But you forgot to take a picture to "prove" it happened.

My Mark would be so jealous over how many times in a row you rode Dumbo.
Thanks Kathy. I can't wait to go get him shortly. I can't imagine how mom's that have had him at home with them this whole time can deal with this! I have worked since he was 3 months old...so I am used to him being away from me, but he has always been with my Gram, so I never worried about him. And pre-school was only a couple hours. But we will get through this...

I think you could try the Kona bread. The nuts in the bread are few and far between....easy to pick them out. And the butter us the same way. Yum...my mouth is drooling.

I know, I can't believe I didn't think to take a picture. I guess it just felt a little weird to me to meet an online stranger. Thought it might be even more weird to take a pic too. Now I know and the next one will be documented. Okay, the next one wasn't either, but maybe the next one

Do you think they will be mad at me if I show up 1/2 hour early to pick Bradey up??

Old 08-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #113
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

So how did his 1st day go?
Old 08-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #114
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Ditto....anxious to know!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #115
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Hoping for a wonderful first day at school for your son!! It will be no time at all until you learn to enjoy your mornings!!! : Yumm! I am a bread fan and that looked wonderful! Really enjoying all of your pictures and looking forward to more!
Old 08-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #116
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

I decided to post our picture for Solana. We will be sitting at the same spot on July 18th.

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center)
Old 08-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #117
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I decided to post our picture for Solana. We will be sitting at the same spot on July 18th.

Great photo....thanks for sharing (nice to put a face with a name).
Old 08-29-2012, 09:41 PM   #118
204charity
DIS Veteran

SOlana - great TR so far! And yes, how was your lil guys first day of Kindergarten? Addi's first day isn't until next Wednesday, so I still have another week to stew about it. :P
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
Old 08-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #119
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks Bob! That's a great pic and it is even from that same night! So if I was good at photoshop, I could shop Dani and I right in and it would be like we were there all along Thanks! It definitely adds to my TR to have a photo of you two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ditto....anxious to know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Hoping for a wonderful first day at school for your son!! It will be no time at all until you learn to enjoy your mornings!!! Yumm! I am a bread fan and that looked wonderful! Really enjoying all of your pictures and looking forward to more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
SOlana - great TR so far! And yes, how was your lil guys first day of Kindergarten? Addi's first day isn't until next Wednesday, so I still have another week to stew about it.
He did awesome! Me, not so much. I was a weeping fool all day. I thought I was over it, then I got on Facebook and found this lovely little make-you-cry poem from one of my friends. No idea where it came from....I'm not claiming it as my own!

Yeah, if you have dry eyes...you either have no heart, or you aren't a mom, or it's been way to long for you to remember that feeling! I was a mess after reading this!

Anyway...here is the big man yesterday morning.

Notice the Mickey blanket in the background??? I had to buy that for Dani for our flight home. She was cold! Eating his breakfast of hot oatmeal because it was super chilly out yesterday morning. My thermometer read 48 degrees! Yikes! In August???

And ready to go, I had him all cute in shorts and a button up shirt...then we looked at the temp. So I had to put pants and a jacket on him!

And from the side so you can see how huge that backpack is on him!

It was stuffed with a beach towel (for him to lay on for "relaxation time") and his Duffy Bear. They wanted them to bring their favorite stuffie on the first day to show and tell, but there was no way we were bringing his one and only "Gator" to school! Someone might want to touch him! So I talked him into showing the new Duffy I brought back from Disney for him.

So those are the only pictures I have so far. My dad was there and took one of both Bradey and I, but I don't have that one yet.

Today is much better. He wouldn't tell me much about what they did yesterday, but he said he liked it and couldn't wait to go again today, so that makes me feel much better!

Old 08-30-2012, 09:36 AM   #120
204charity
DIS Veteran

Oh geez! Thanks alot! I just did the ugly cry first thing in the morning!!! Now I'm even MORE nervous.....our little men are growing up! WAH!!!!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: