Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #91
yellowfish78
DIS Veteran

Are we playing find and seek? I found a few!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #92
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfrostyjosh View Post
Thanks for giving easyWDW credit for one of the dozen or so photos you took without permission and claimed that they were your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncin-Tigger View Post
Just to let you know you have been pointed out on twitter and a few of these boards as a photo theif.
I just did a google search for the ones I missed with my camera. The only one I knew came from easywdw was the one I said. I didn't know it was illegal to google search and save images. Sorry, I will remove them as soon as I get to a real computer (vs my kindle). And I never "claimed them as my own".....does it say "I took this picture"???

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #93
solana131
DIS Veteran

All deleted...I am so sorry! I honestly didn't know we weren't supposed to do that! I didn't mean any harm.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #94
GoHerbie
Mouseketeer

Josh is our friend ... we should keep him happy. Otherwise his helpful crowd calendar might send us to the MK on a Monday.

He might be ok with keeping the photos in the trip report along with a shameless plug - "some photos copied from www.easywdw.com"

Old 08-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #95
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerbie View Post
Josh is our friend ... we should keep him happy. Otherwise his helpful crowd calendar might send us to the MK on a Monday.

He might be ok with keeping the photos in the trip report along with a shameless plug - "some photos copied from www.easywdw.com"

Lesson learn...I'm so sorry Josh, I didn't mean any harm. If I had realized those other ones came from easywdw, I would've credited them too. They just came up on my google search. I thought ones that couldn't be copied had a copyright on them when you right-clicked. I wasn't trying to pass them off as mine, I had a whole paragraph saying how I had to search online because I didn't take many pictures, but I took it out because I didn't think anyone cared. I am still new to all this forum stuff. I'll get it figured out one of these days. Thanks for letting me know the rules! I love easywdw and everyone should check it out for sure....it's loaded with great info (not to mention great pictures ).

Old 08-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #96
AmyPond
DIS Veteran

I don't think it's technically illegal to post images found in a google search in a forum. It's just common internet courtesy to mention where you got the pictures, even if you just say "a google search" that would be better than nothing.

I didn't see you exactly SAY they were your photos. But I did see where you had said stuff about the food court not being very crowded, followed by a photo...which basically implied that photo was taken at the time you were there. So I think it was stuff like that which made it seem like you were passing them off as your own photos, even if that wasn't your intent.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #97
crk1977
Earning My Ears

I seldom post, but I wanted to say I have never even heard of easywdw until reading your trip report. Looks like a great site! Also, I am enjoying the report! The sweet cream cheese pretzel looks amazing. I am definitely going to try it on our next trip.

DL - June 1987 - Offsite; WDW - August 1997 - Offsite; WDW - June 2007 - Pop Century; WDW - November 2008 - Coronado Springs;

Me, DH, DD(13), DD(2)
Old 08-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #98
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I never heard of the site (but I also don't pay attention to crowd calendars). But it could have been done in a PM to you rather than calling you out on your report to explain the situation.

Last edited by KatMark; 08-27-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #99
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your report and it looks as if you are both having a wonderful time!! Looking forward to more of your adventures!!
Old 08-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #100
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I never heard of the site (but I also don't pay attention to crowd calendars). But it could have been done in a PM to you rather than calling you out on your report to explain the situation.
no kidding. classy.

moving on....
Old 08-28-2012, 06:22 AM   #101
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyPond View Post
I don't think it's technically illegal to post images found in a google search in a forum. It's just common internet courtesy to mention where you got the pictures, even if you just say "a google search" that would be better than nothing.
Okay...okay....I get it. How many times can I say "I'm sorry"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crk1977 View Post
I seldom post, but I wanted to say I have never even heard of easywdw until reading your trip report. Looks like a great site! Also, I am enjoying the report! The sweet cream cheese pretzel looks amazing. I am definitely going to try it on our next trip.
Welcome! Hey, at least this whole fiasco has given me more readers No seriously...it is a horrible thing I did and now I know what I did wrong and won't repeat my mistake ever again. And easywdw is a wonderful site, and I'm glad I could give them a shout out (just wish it wasn't in this manner). Just don't use their photos

Oh, you should definitely try the pretzel.....yum. They have them at the Lunchign Pad in TomorrowLand, and also at Epcot in the American section of the WS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
no kidding. classy.

moving on....
That's what I was thinking. Of course I thought of alot of things while I was tossing and turning all night long because of this. I am not very thick-skinned and it takes me a while to let things roll off.....it was a tough night. Between worrying about this and worrying about my little guy starting kindergarten tomorrow... Let's just say I was very happy for the sun to come up. Thank you Jenny and Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Enjoying your report and it looks as if you are both having a wonderful time!! Looking forward to more of your adventures!!
Welcome aboard! I do plan to continue....it might be a couple of days because I have a few big things coming up. First time school day coming tomorrow and I am so not ready. Schedules are going to be changing, and I'm just not sure how things will work quite yet. But I will be back

Old 08-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #102
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=solana131;45970147]..it is a horrible thing I did and now I know what I did wrong and won't repeat my mistake ever again.

Of course I thought of alot of things while I was tossing and turning all night long because of this. I am not very thick-skinned and it takes me a while to let things roll off.....it was a tough night. Between worrying about this and worrying about my little guy starting kindergarten tomorrow... Let's just say I was very happy for the sun to come up. Thank you Jenny and Kathy [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

It wasn't a "horrible thing you did", just a mistake!!! I too do not know all the rules of the internet yet. Please don't let this bother you...focus on your little guy starting school, that is way more important.

I hop he has a great first day...and you can sneak in a few moments to relax today.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #103
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Please don't let this bother you...focus on your little guy starting school, that is way more important.
This is what I kept trying to tell myself as I was tossing and turning. There are so many things more important to me than this, but I just felt really bad and didn't know how to make it right.

Quote:
I hop he has a great first day...and you can sneak in a few moments to relax today.
Thanks! I think we are both ready for this physically....not emotionally. He has been with my grandmother since he was 3 months old and now that has to stop because his school and her house are in different towns (same school district, but different towns) and they said they can't bus him to her house. So we are struggling to figure out what to do with him after school. It's looking like I will have to cut my hours even more at work and leave early to be home with him. There is only one daycare in the town his school is in....and as you can probably imagine, they are very full. So tomorrow and the next week or so should be a big change for us. My boss is being wonderful and says it isn't a problem for me to leave early....but it sure will be a problem for my pocket book!

So, I will post some first day of school pics tomorrow if I have time. And I promise.....they will be my own photos

Old 08-28-2012, 09:33 AM   #104
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

It was an honest mistake so don't let this bother you All of us that have known you on DIS and have been following your trip reports know you didn't have ill-intentions.

I agree with Jenny - wished easywdw had handled the situation a little better. His announcement on his twitter account with the thread link was an invitation for his followers to post punitive or condescending comments on here without gauging the situation.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Old 08-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #105
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
I agree with Jenny - wished easywdw had handled the situation a little better. His announcement on his twitter account with the thread link was an invitation for his followers to post punitive or condescending comments on here without gauging the situation.
Thanks Dave! I'm glad I don't do Twitter...if I saw this "announcement", I might have to change my tune about what a wonderful site easywdw is

Anyway....Dave, does your ticker say 1 month????!!! Wow, that is going fast! So exciting

And Jenny's gonna be at our favorite place in just 2 weeks Oh how I missed my Poly this trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: