Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #136
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

That is the cutest towel animal I have seen yet! And I just Sunshine Seasons...so fresh and yummy!
Old 09-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #137
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Solana - Lucky you with the Bear. All we got was our Mickey on the bed when we checked in. I know that it's just chance if we receive any towel animals but we tried. We left 7 dollars everyday in hopes to to get one when we returned.

OH Well - its ok.... We had plenty of sprinkled on us during our vacation.

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014

Last edited by RHMH; 09-04-2012 at 04:08 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #138
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What an adorable towel animal. Did you bring it home?

You really did have terrible luck with buses.

I can't wait to hear what you thought of Boma (we've only done breakfast and LOVE it) and how your long night at MK went.
I didn't know that we could bring the towel animal home!? I assumed they would charge us for the "stolen" wash cloths. Next time....

Yes, just you wait til the next installment...our bus situation that whole day was horrible!

We LOVED Boma....it is now on my "must do" list. I would like to try breakfast too. Maybe when we stay at AKL someday we can fit both dinner and breakfast in, but the bus back and forth to AKL was horrid...so I don't know that I would want to do it twice in one trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
That is the cutest towel animal I have seen yet! And I just Sunshine Seasons...so fresh and yummy!
Thanks! We named the towel animal Gertrude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
Solana - Lucky you with the Bear. All we got was our Mickey on the bed when we checked in. I know that it's just chance if we receive any towel animals but we tried. We left 7 dollars everyday in hopes to to get one when we returned.

I saw on the August 2013 thread that someone received a bounce back with free dining for August 2013.... Is that possible??
I was expecting more towel animals. We didn't get any at the Poly in Feb...other than the standard Mickey on the bed at checkin. But I had heard that was the way it was there. I thought we would get more at POFQ. But that's okay...we still had fun.

I'm not sure about the free dining bounce back. I thought all the bounceback offers were the same. We had the same thing on our desk at the Poly in Feb as we had at FQ in July. Same offer and same little pocketwatch paper. Maybe it was a PIN offer sent to their home?? I have received 3 PIN offers and one for free dining. But I like booking room-only, so I chose that offer instead. I use gift cards for my meals and that way I can save on the room and don't feel locked down to the number of meals a day that Disney specifies. It seems odd that they would get an offer for a year away already....my 3 were to be used within a few months. But I guess anything is possible with Disney

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 09-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #139
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Great update and love the towel animal!!

Good to hear you loved Boma! We just decided to go back to WDW in January for a 4 day weekend and the first ADR I booked? Yup, Boma!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Old 09-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #141
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Just found your TR now! I'm loving it. I was there from July 18-25, staying at POR. I haven't started my trip report, but I hopefully will by this weekend. I'm a kindergarten teacher (French Immersion), and we started today, but the little kiddos only start on Thursday. Do you have all day kindergarten where you are?

I had to laugh, because I think I bought the same pink dress you did, and when I ate at Via Napoli, I was laughing at the frog outside my window.

Looking forward to reading more.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
Old 09-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #142
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Yes, it's true - I fell behind...

Lots of comments - let's see if my few remaining brain cells can remember them all...

First - I just have to say that you are one of these great people in my life that I have "met" through the Dis, and I feel so badly that you were so openly and publicly attacked/humiliated. It says a lot about someone's true character if they attack you in a public forum for all to see - rather than contacting you privately through a PM and asking you nicely to remove/give credit. I have always been a Touring Plans girl - and Thanks to that lovely post by Mr. Easywdw - it shall remain that way. I know you just want to put this behind you - so I understand if you don't want to comment about it yet again - I just wanted to tell you that it was an honest mistake, you apologized - please don't let it rule your TR. We all love you here. (Where's my heart guy when I need him? How about some laundry instead?)

Secondly... Awwww... sweet lil' heartbreaker Bradey... I was reading through that part of your TR when Alli walked in - and she had to stop and tell me how cute he was. (need the heart guy again) I am glad he had a great first day! I am sorry, I couldn't read the poem - didn't feel like crying tonight.

Thirdly... Loved the latest update!!! Thank you so much for posting that great picture of you with your bag - it couldn't have been more perfectly orchistrated! For the record - I copied and pasted it to my computer so that I can publicly post it on my Facebook fan page... I will tag you - K? Then you don't have to worry about trying to send it to me later.

I hope I didn't forget anything - although I am pretty sure I did... Oh, yes, I did... Can I post a picture on your TR of the Pixie Dust you sent me???? Purty please.....

Ok - now I think I am done?

D~
Old 09-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #143
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

I was expecting more towel animals. We didn't get any at the Poly in Feb...other than the standard Mickey on the bed at checkin. But I had heard that was the way it was there. I thought we would get more at POFQ. But that's okay...we still had fun.

I'm not sure about the free dining bounce back. I thought all the bounceback offers were the same. We had the same thing on our desk at the Poly in Feb as we had at FQ in July. Same offer and same little pocketwatch paper. Maybe it was a PIN offer sent to their home?? I have received 3 PIN offers and one for free dining. But I like booking room-only, so I chose that offer instead. I use gift cards for my meals and that way I can save on the room and don't feel locked down to the number of meals a day that Disney specifies. It seems odd that they would get an offer for a year away already....my 3 were to be used within a few months. But I guess anything is possible with Disney [/QUOTE]

The girls want to stay at the Beach Club now. I am going to have to put a deadline on Resort decision. Yea right, - This is me saying no more Resort changes. I can see me putting my foot down... It's more like foot in mouth..

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 09-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #144
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

So glad to hear that your son had a great 1st day of school!! What a beautiful poem! I can still remember my boys first day of kindergarten...it seems like yesterday.

Anyways....great update!!

Love Sunshine Seasons! We haven't tried it for breakfast yet though. Your breakfast panini looks very yummy!

That towel animal is so cute!!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #145
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Great update and love the towel animal!!

Good to hear you loved Boma! We just decided to go back to WDW in January for a 4 day weekend and the first ADR I booked? Yup, Boma!
Yay for January! and Yay for Boma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Yep~Boma is on my must-try list for next year!
I don't think you will be disappointed. It is soooo yummy and the AKL is just gorgeous! Not sure I would want to stay there only because it is so far out from everything, but maybe someday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreak06 View Post
Just found your TR now! I'm loving it. I was there from July 18-25, staying at POR.
Welcome! Oh geez...I hope you weren't one of those poor unfortunate POR people we almost ran over with our surrey bike

Quote:
I haven't started my trip report, but I hopefully will by this weekend. I'm a kindergarten teacher (French Immersion), and we started today, but the little kiddos only start on Thursday. Do you have all day kindergarten where you are?
We do have all day kindergarten. Not when I was growing up, but they changed it a few years back. Not sure if it is good or not. Seems like an awful long day for a 5 year old!

Quote:
I had to laugh, because I think I bought the same pink dress you did, and when I ate at Via Napoli, I was laughing at the frog outside my window.
Yeah, those statues are kinda weird. But the food more than makes up for it

It's funny....my husband and I were just talking about taking a trip up to PEI in a couple weeks for our anniversary. I've only been once and it was a long time ago, but I remember how beautiful it is up there! Anyway...welcome along and I hope to post another update a little later this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHMH View Post
The girls want to stay at the Beach Club now. I am going to have to put a deadline on Resort decision. Yea right, - This is me saying no more Resort changes. I can see me putting my foot down... It's more like foot in mouth..
Have you checked out the threads on here about Resort Changers?? Might be right up your alley Beach Club looks beautiful too, I just didn't like their options for quick service. I love Captain Cooks at the Poly and the larger food courts at the Moderates and Values, but most of the Deluxe resorts are seriously lacking in QS choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
So glad to hear that your son had a great 1st day of school!! What a beautiful poem! I can still remember my boys first day of kindergarten...it seems like yesterday.

Anyways....great update!!

Love Sunshine Seasons! We haven't tried it for breakfast yet though. Your breakfast panini looks very yummy!

That towel animal is so cute!!
Thanks! The second week of school isn't as bad as the first

And you should try Sunshine Seasons for breakfast....very yummy and lots of seating in a very cool building.

Thanks, we liked our "Gertrude" too

Old 09-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #146
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I have always been a Touring Plans girl - and Thanks to that lovely post by Mr. Easywdw - it shall remain that way.
Thanks D!

Quote:
(Where's my heart guy when I need him? How about some laundry instead?)
Works for me!

Quote:
Secondly... Awwww... sweet lil' heartbreaker Bradey... I was reading through that part of your TR when Alli walked in - and she had to stop and tell me how cute he was. (need the heart guy again) I am glad he had a great first day! I am sorry, I couldn't read the poem - didn't feel like crying tonight.
Thanks....he is a pretty great kid if I do say so myself

Quote:
Thirdly... Loved the latest update!!! Thank you so much for posting that great picture of you with your bag - it couldn't have been more perfectly orchistrated! For the record - I copied and pasted it to my computer so that I can publicly post it on my Facebook fan page... I will tag you - K? Then you don't have to worry about trying to send it to me later.
Okay, sounds good. Post away....you have my "official permission"

Quote:
I hope I didn't forget anything - although I am pretty sure I did... Oh, yes, I did... Can I post a picture on your TR of the Pixie Dust you sent me???? Purty please.....
Sure, just maybe wait until I get to that day??? And for the record...this is why you got said Pixie Dust....a few words from you and my whole day turns around Even though you are the busiest person on the face of the earth right now, you still find time to cheer up a friend! Thanks D~

Old 09-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #147
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post

Welcome! Oh geez...I hope you weren't one of those poor unfortunate POR people we almost ran over with our surrey bike

OMG!!! This make me spit out my lunch... You couldn't have been that bad of a driver?

Quote:

Thanks D!
Works for me!
....he is a pretty great kid if I do say so myself

Okay, sounds good. Post away....you have my "official permission"

Sure, just maybe wait until I get to that day??? And for the record...this is why you got said Pixie Dust....a few words from you and my whole day turns around Even though you are the busiest person on the face of the earth right now, you still find time to cheer up a friend! Thanks D~
Awww... That is so sweet! Thank you so much for cheering me up today too! (found the heart guy)... And I can totally wait to post until you get to that day.

Hope your're having a fantastic day today - I had to take a break for a late lunch.

D~
Old 09-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #148
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

So glad your DS had a good first day! I had that weepy first day yesterday...and yes your poem did make me cry!! My two older DD's don't have any of their friends in their classes and they both looked so vulnerable going in to their classes...really tugged at my heart.

My youngest has a staggered entry so her first day won;t actually happen until after our Poly trip so I still have a bit of time before my second cry!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #149
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG!!! This make me spit out my lunch... You couldn't have been that bad of a driver?
Well, of course I am a wonderful driver. But it was Dani's job that day . We actually did really well...and by really well I mean of course that we didn't kill anyone. Those things are fun, but kinda hard to get used to. You both have pedals that work, but only the left steering wheel works. Both sides have a steering wheel, but only one works. And the brake is a funny hand brake thing on the steering colum. It takes some getting used to and when people come running out in front of you....let's just say that it got a little frightening at times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
So glad your DS had a good first day! I had that weepy first day yesterday...and yes your poem did make me cry!! My two older DD's don't have any of their friends in their classes and they both looked so vulnerable going in to their classes...really tugged at my heart.

My youngest has a staggered entry so her first day won;t actually happen until after our Poly trip so I still have a bit of time before my second cry!!!
Thanks...we are both getting the hang of it. I still have a ton of questions, but I guess they will get answered as we go along. Our school system is not that great about communication...very small school. It doesn't even have an office! We have to call the teaching principal if we need something (like emergency dismissal, doctor's appt, etc). We had a little confusion the first couple of days about how and when we are allowed to pick him up, but we've pretty much gotten things figured out now. It's a learning curve for both he and I.

I can't believe you are at the Poly next week! So exciting

Old 09-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #150
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't remember anyone trying to run us down, so I don't think so!

Quote:

We do have all day kindergarten. Not when I was growing up, but they changed it a few years back. Not sure if it is good or not. Seems like an awful long day for a 5 year old!
I'm still kind of torn about all day kindergarten myself. We just started it about 3 years ago, and only then did we put it in the school system. This is actually the third year. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but I think it's a long day for some kids. And, to have 8 kids in the morning and 8 in the afternoon, I could probably teach them much more than 16 all day.

Quote:

Yeah, those statues are kinda weird. But the food more than makes up for it
I agree! Yummy! (Next time I'll take some butter in my bag for the bread though! I liked olive oil on toast in Spain, but that was different! I was actually IN Spain.

Quote:

It's funny....my husband and I were just talking about taking a trip up to PEI in a couple weeks for our anniversary. I've only been once and it was a long time ago, but I remember how beautiful it is up there! Anyway...welcome along and I hope to post another update a little later this week.

Oh! Let me know if you come up! We could have a Dis meet! I love traveling, but I absolutely love coming back here. Don't come in the winter though. Fall is good though, you're from ME, it's not too much colder than there!
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: