Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
Verstehen
But...they don't TASTE like apples!

MNSSHP: Help!

So I missed MNSSHP last year, and since this may be the last year I'm living in Florida, I don't want to miss it this year if I can help it. I've had relatives tell me it was awesome, and I'm really not into the more scary events at Busch Gardens and Universal (HATE things jumping out at me). Unfortunately, my friends are, so they're not really interesting in investing $60 into a ticket for the MK event. So my questions are...

1. Is it worth it without kids? I have none so even if I went with a companion there would probably not be any children accompanying us. So do you find that it's enjoyable as an adult, or is it more fun if you have kids who can enjoy themselves?

2. If I can't get anyone to come with me, is it worth it to check out even if I'm solo? I generally do okay at the parks by myself, but prefer friends or family come with me.

3. Are any locals/solo travelers going to be attending and would like a guest? I'm flexible-ish on dates and have had good luck meeting touring buddies on the board, so if you're like me and you just want a buddy, let me know!

"Danger is My Cup of Tea." A Labor Day Weekend Trip Report!

1991: CBR, 1994: WL, 1994: POR (Dixie Landings), 1995: WL, 1997: CSR, 2001: POFQ, 2008: Offsite, 2010: WL (CL!), 2011: POFQ, 2012: DLR! (Offsite, day trip), CBR

Florida resident annual passholder! Too many day trips to list here! Exclamation point!
Verstehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
steeners81
Mouseketeer

1. Is it worth it without kids? I have none so even if I went with a companion there would probably not be any children accompanying us. So do you find that it's enjoyable as an adult, or is it more fun if you have kids who can enjoy themselves?

2. If I can't get anyone to come with me, is it worth it to check out even if I'm solo? I generally do okay at the parks by myself, but prefer friends or family come with me.
[/QUOTE]

1) Yes I am 31 attended it last year and had such a good time I am going to 2 parties this year.

2) I do travel by myself and would have no issue going to the party by myself. I think between the fireworks and parade and meeting the characters I would keep myself busy. Plus I have a habit of striking up a convo with random people.
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

We go every year and we don't have kiddos. It is my favorite event at any of the parks and what I look forward to every year.

Honestly, I'd even go solo-- love HalloWishes, the short lines, dressing up, the candy, etc.

I say go for it!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

I've been to the one at DL solo and had a blast! I just hopped on every ride I could. Wait times were minimal(under 10 minutes, most were walk on), the parade was great, and the fireworks were awesome! I didn't even participate in the trick or treating but did see quite a few adults going through the treat stations without kids. I say go and have a good time, even if you're alone.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #5
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

I will be down there Oct 10th-16th and will prolly do it one of those dates.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
daniz88
Earning My Ears

I was asking myself all of the same questions but I just decided to go and live it up. I'm going solo Oct 8.
daniz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
Poohs100AcreWood
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff

I have never been to MNSSHP, but will be going to two parties solo in about two weeks. I am a regular DL visitor, 99% of the time I'm solo, and decided since I love Halloween and no one wanted to go to WDW, I am going and will have a blast!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Sagginit
DIS Veteran

Yes! go! i had an awesome time when we went. i was there with my mother and we loved dressing up, the exclusive characters we got to meet, the short or non existent ride lines, hallowishes, and the parade. oh and the dance parties. doing the electric slide with woody and disco dancing with chip & dale was just awesome. i mean it really was so much different than just going to the park on a regular day i can't believe we did not do it the first year we went.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #9
iheartmickey1111
Mouseketeer

I went last year totally alone and LOVED it! Yep- even trick or treated (hey, there's no such thing as an adult once you walk through those gates!). I'm also going this year completely alone! I would definitely go if I were you!

*1997- Disneyland*5/2009-Late Honeymoon at AKL (Army ruined our first one)*10/2011- Pop for the MK 40th Anniversary Celebration, MNSSHP, first SOLO trip!*4/2012- Coronado Springs*9/2012-Pop, MNSSHP, Wild Africa Trek, Haunted 5k Run
iheartmickey1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #10
spidet1964
Mouseketeer

Yes it is

I went solo in 2009 and had a blast. The villian show, parade and fireworks alone are worth seeing.
Go and have a great time.
spidet1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: