Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #16
jacque1282
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Daydream View Post
I love your proposal story...so sweet! I also was looking at that same figurine but I couldn't justify the cost. DF told me that the money could be put towards something extra special at Disney, so I decided to save it for then Congrats on the nephew, I love his name!!!

Thank you! I love little William so much. He's adorable. I can't wait to spoil him more. He's gonna love his Aunt Jacque. My DF told me the same thing as yours did about the figurine. It was just way to expensive. Like you said, more money for the honeymoon! I think we are just going to skip the cake topper all together and get some sugar flowers on top of the cake.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #17
jacque1282
Earning My Ears

where is my dress?

This week as flown by! And now, as I am sitting at work, I am looking at the calender and realizing I've only got 29 days until the big day! Woo hoo! Sometimes it seems like it will never get here, sometimes it seems like I don't have enough time to finish everything. This week was fairly productive though. We bought Evan's wedding band. Well, we bought him another one. The first one we had ordered online through a company called Goldenmine and they sent the wrong size and the ring looked cheap and was totally not want he wanted. We returned it and went and picked one out at Kay and he loves it.

I spent lots and lots of time with new nephew William on Monday and today. He is so wonderful. And what's really cool, he is only a week old and he can roll himself over and push himself up. I see a strong boy in the future. Maybe even an NFL linebacker or Jiu Jitsu champion.

Also today I picked up my bridesmaids dresses and groomsmen's shirts. So excited they came in! However....my dress is still not here yet! I called Alfred Angelo and they said not to worry, it might be here next week. I don't know how they expect me not to worry, but we'll see what happens.

Another thing I am anxiously awaiting is my Mickey Mail. I work nights and am usually sleeping in the middle of the day, but I set my alarm so I can go check the mail at noon and then go back to bed. I am so ready for our honeymoon!

I guess that is all today. I will have some pictures next time of dresses and shirts. My phone is being wonky.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #18
jacque1282
Earning My Ears

Mickey Mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 days out from the honeymoon and we got our Mickey Mail today! I was ecstatic to say the least. I am sure my DF didn't quite know what to think, but once he visits the World for the first time, I am sure he will understand.

Aside from that, I have no other news today. Just one day closer! Yippee!

Hope y'all have a wonderful day!
Old 09-15-2012, 10:34 PM   #19
jacque1282
Earning My Ears

21 days to go.....

And still no dress! I am starting to get really nervous, and a little bit upset with Alfred Angelo.They have assured me it's been shipped to the store, but say they can't track where it's at. It was supposed to get there two weeks ago, then last Friday, then yesterday. Everything else has come through just fine, but this one little thing is gonna make me pull my hair out! Ugh!

On the bright side,since we are 21 days from the wedding, we are 23 days from the honeymoon! I am beyond excited! And my fiance is starting to get more excited the closer we get. I know he is going to love it just as much as I do.

Anyway, I finished my centerpieces this week, and think they turned out well.

I will be putting flowers in half of them and floating candles in the other half. The wax seal on the raffia was a pain. I actually caught the wax on fire, then the raffia, then a small spot on the carpet. Fiance was not excited about that, but it's only a dime shaped spot and just looks like dirt. We need to recarpet anyway.

I also bought purple flower petals to sprinkle on the tables, a bunch of purple and white paper lanterns and a canopy for the dance floor. Hobby Lobby and Oriental Trading are awesome.

I think that pretty much sums up the week. Hope y'all are having an awesome day!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #20
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Alfred Angelo is usually really reliable. I'm sorry you didn't get a dress yet, nothing like the added stress! Hope it comes in for you soon!!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:18 AM   #21
jacque1282
Earning My Ears

Finally got my dress in!

And I love it! Apparently the Alfred store I went to got it in several weeks ago but someone "overlooked it" while they were unpacking their shipment. I was irritated, but definitely glad to have it since we are two weeks away from the big day! Here's the dress I got:

It's currently at the seamstress getting a bustle put in and getting steamed.I can't wait to pick it up! In the mean time, I went and got a spray tan the other day. I am pretty fair skinned and also had a delightful farmer's tan that needed to go so I thought I would try it out. Gotta say, I'm not really a fan. I do look too orange. Hopefully it will wear off enough by the wedding that I don't look orange anymore.

I also had my hair trial. My mom got me this beautiful hair comb that I wanted to use so I told the hair dresser I was open to pretty much anything that didn't make a big girl look bigger in the face and highlighted this hair piece. This was the result

I am pretty pleased with it. And it held up in the Oklahoma wind pretty well all day.

Finally, I picked up this cute photo album at Hallmark today for honeymoon pictures. I just couldn't resist. It's perfect!

I think that pretty much sums up the week.I am gonna close with one more picture though. It's my cute nephew William again! Y'all have a good weekend!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #22
jacque1282
Earning My Ears

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! I can officially say that I am getting married NEXT WEEK! Annnnd, two weeks from right now, I will be on the plane to DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #23
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

Glad you got your dress! It is so pretty. I love the hair and the hair comb. You must be super excited with your wedding being so close. And William is so adorable
Old 09-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #24
jacque1282
Earning My Ears

One week from today!

For a long time, it seemed like our wedding would never get here, but it's finally almost here. One week and I will be Mrs. Black! And 9 days until we are at Disney!

It's been a productive week again. Got my dress bustled and it's at the seamstress to get steamed. I finally got our groomsman gifts and bridesmaid gifts. Guys are getting pocket knives, girls got pearl necklaces. And, although I am usually really good at getting things done on time, I put off getting the shirts for our ringbearers. I picked those up today too. I went through my list of everything and all we have left to do is get our marriage license. Since we both have to be there to get it, we have to wait until Evan is off work and go on Thursday morning. Other than that we are ready to go!

I probably will not be able to post anything else until we are in Disney since we don't have internet at the house. The next two nights at work are probably going to be too busy for me to get online. Game days in college towns get a little rowdy!

Y'all have a good weekend!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: