Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #61
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl View Post
Hi Natalie! Just want to say again how proud I feel that you are doing this! Good for you! You have guts girl! Following a training program like that is not easy... Kudos to you!! I'm feeling a bit inspired by you right now.
Oh sure, I make fun of her, then you follow up with a sappy post gushing about how proud you are of her. Way to make me look like a jerk.

ps, you stole my prefrerred font.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #62
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Um, yea, it's the singing that makes people think you're crazy.
If only they knew how crazy I really am

Quote:
Hi Natalie! Just want to say again how proud I feel that you are doing this! Good for you! You have guts girl! Following a training program like that is not easy... Kudos to you!! I'm feeling a bit inspired by you right now.
Thanks Inspired enough to train yourself and run the Princess?

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #63
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

Quote:
Oh sure, I make fun of her, then you follow up with a sappy post gushing about how proud you are of her. Way to make me look like a jerk.

ps, you stole my prefrerred font.
Ok, first of all, I didn't MAKE you look like anything....if you choose to use sarcasm as your main form of communication, you have to live with the consequences. And second, your's is blue and mine is purple. And it's the coolest font. And third, "how you doin?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
If only they knew how crazy I really am

Thanks Inspired enough to train yourself and run the Princess?
"BIT" being the key word in that sentence. BIT inspired. Not crazy. I have my elliptical and I'm perfectly happy with that...at least for now. Maybe next year. I'll wait and see how you feel afterwards.
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #64
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Ok, first of all, I didn't MAKE you look like anything....if you choose to use sarcasm as your main form of communication, you have to live with the consequences. And second, your's is blue and mine is purple. And it's the coolest font. And third, "how you doin?"
1st of all... Um... Well... You see... Ok, I got nothing. 2ndly, I normally choose purple myself, but since you had it I had to choose a different color. 3rdly, Doing well. My Disney Chase card had $950 Disney Dollars so I may be able to return in the near future. Not sure how these other people can go every year, but good for them.

Quote:
"BIT" being the key word in that sentence. BIT inspired. Not crazy. I have my elliptical and I'm perfectly happy with that...at least for now. Maybe next year. I'll wait and see how you feel afterwards.
Yes, and by "bit" she means she now walks out to the mailbox to check the mail instead of driving.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 08-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #65
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

You two kill me

And who can afford to go every year?

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 08-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #67
PoppyGirl

Quote:
1st of all... Um... Well... You see... Ok, I got nothing. 2ndly, I normally choose purple myself, but since you had it I had to choose a different color. 3rdly, Doing well. My Disney Chase card had $950 Disney Dollars so I may be able to return in the near future. Not sure how these other people can go every year, but good for them.

Yes, and by "bit" she means she now walks out to the mailbox to check the mail instead of driving.

So what you are saying is that my calm retort actually silenced you? (dusting self off) Let me just pick myself up off the floor. Good for you with the Disney $$. Although my DH would be asking "how much do you have to SPEND to get that many Disney $$?"

Have you been watching me on google maps? And FYI our driveway is over 700 feet long. Uphill. Both ways. Well, actually just one way.

Quote:
You two kill me

Says the girl going twice this year......
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

Old 08-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #68
Daddy_of_Princesses

Quote:
You two kill me

Off the top of my head, there is a crazy Canadian chick who is actually training for a half-marathon just so she can go to Disney, a travel agent from Ohio who seems to be heading down there every other week, then there is that lady from the Bronx who runs up to complete strangers in the Animal Kingdom Park yelling "You're Daddy of Princesses!!!" Shall I go on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Mike needs to find himself a rich sugar daddy!!!
Um, I think you meant rich sugar momma. My other option would be to find a travel agent with questionable ethics who can hack into Disney's systems and get me free vacations. THAT would be awesome.

Quote:
So what you are saying is that my calm retort actually silenced you? (dusting self off) Let me just pick myself up off the floor. Good for you with the Disney $$. Although my DH would be asking "how much do you have to SPEND to get that many Disney $$?"

Have you been watching me on google maps? And FYI our driveway is over 700 feet long. Uphill. Both ways. Well, actually just one way.

I admit nothing. But to get to that many DD's on your Chase card just charge everything to it. Internet, Cable, Phone, Utilities, Car Insurance... That and get the premium memebership that costs $49 per year but doubles the points on stuff like Gas, Groceries etc...

Old 08-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #69
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Off the top of my head, there is a crazy Canadian chick who is actually training for a half-marathon just so she can go to Disney, a travel agent from Ohio who seems to be heading down there every other week, then there is that lady from the Bronx who runs up to complete strangers in the Animal Kingdom Park yelling "You're Daddy of Princesses!!!" Shall I go on?
Don't forget me! I'm the other crazy Canadian chick searching for a travel agent with questionable ethics

Darn Chase cards that aren't offered in Canada! Good to hear you might be heading back soon.
Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #70
PoppyGirl

I didn't see any description of myself on that list of "crazy people." Whew! I don't know how I dodged the bullet on that one!

And...WHAT? You can get a premium Disney visa card?!?! How has this information never crossed my path before? The only time we got that many disney $$ without spending a boatload (and by the way I do charge EVERYTHING...and then pay it off every month) was the year before our cruise when Chase kept sending us offers for $200 if we would sign up for a Disney visa. So every time we got one, we signed up again. Thus the 8 Disney visa cards in my wallet.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #71
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:

Um, I think you meant rich sugar momma. My other option would be to find a travel agent with questionable ethics who can hack into Disney's systems and get me free vacations. THAT would be awesome.

I admit nothing. But to get to that many DD's on your Chase card just charge everything to it. Internet, Cable, Phone, Utilities, Car Insurance... That and get the premium memebership that costs $49 per year but doubles the points on stuff like Gas, Groceries etc...

I sure wish I knew how to do that!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #72
Daddy_of_Princesses

Quote:
I didn't see any description of myself on that list of "crazy people." Whew! I don't know how I dodged the bullet on that one!

And...WHAT? You can get a premium Disney visa card?!?! How has this information never crossed my path before? The only time we got that many disney $$ without spending a boatload (and by the way I do charge EVERYTHING...and then pay it off every month) was the year before our cruise when Chase kept sending us offers for $200 if we would sign up for a Disney visa. So every time we got one, we signed up again. Thus the 8 Disney visa cards in my wallet.

Well I didn't want to get on your bad side. As far as the card thing goes, just go to this site to upgrade to a premier card. You even get exclusive cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

I sure wish I knew how to do that!!!
I wish you knew how to do it too! You already got the unethical thing going for you, just need the other ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Don't forget me! I'm the other crazy Canadian chick searching for a travel agent with questionable ethics

Darn Chase cards that aren't offered in Canada! Good to hear you might be heading back soon.
Well just move to America. See problem solved. You're welcome.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #73
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well just move to America. See problem solved. You're welcome.
Hmmmm, suggestion filed away for future reference. Or, you could send me YOUR card and I will charge all my stuff on it (and you can pay it) . Then, we'll split the Disney Dollars. Whadaya say?

Natalie wanted me to let you all know that her internet is down and awaiting repair . Once she's back up and running she'll be right back here posting! And yes, I am using the preferred font in this thread but I'm in green to avoid any confusion.

Mickey_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #74
PoppyGirl

Quote:
Well I didn't want to get on your bad side. As far as the card thing goes, just go to this site to upgrade to a premier card. You even get exclusive cards.

thanks for the tip. I actually applied for a new one so I could get the $100 credit after first use. Woot! Got instantly approved with my online application.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:55 AM   #75
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:

Says the girl going twice this year......
Oh ya I forgot I've already been there this year

Quote:
How did you figure out that I am doing it just to go to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post

How could anyone forget you????

Quote:

You take long DIS breaks so we don't actually realize how often you go

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: