Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #31
Disneymaddness
DIS Veteran

Looking good. I can make our ADR's tomorrow. So excited!!
POR- 7/05, 8/07, 7/11, 5/13, 2/14
Disneymaddness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #32
nutz2notz
Mouseketeer

Great report.

I love all your Big Bang Theory references. My kids and I love, love, love that show. We are a bunch of nerds just like on the show!

Your plans look great and full but I don't think I could keep up with you, I used to love to go commando, but I'm too old.

Looking forward to reading more.

June 2013: OKW
December 2012: SSR June 2012: OKW
March 2011: OKW First Solo
Janaury 2011: SSR then AKV Kidani
January 2010: Grand Californian
December 2007: SSR
January 2007: SSR
January 1996: Offsite
nutz2notz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #33
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Location: On the westside of the cornfield and to the east of the soybeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymaddness View Post
Looking good. I can make our ADR's tomorrow. So excited!!
Here's hoping you get all your desired times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz2notz View Post
Great report.

I love all your Big Bang Theory references. My kids and I love, love, love that show. We are a bunch of nerds just like on the show!

Your plans look great and full but I don't think I could keep up with you, I used to love to go commando, but I'm too old.

Looking forward to reading more.
I can't believe how much our little Indiana world resembles Big Bang, Brian is Sheldon, I'm Penny (I'm very southern and his idea of roughing it is Holiday Inn! I kill the spiders and assemble furniture ) My mother in law is so Walowitz's mom , I find myself saying Bazinga quite a lot
Enjoy the ride cause it's sure to be a fun one!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2970848
MrsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:55 PM   #34
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I am a huge Big Bang Theory fan so when I saw your title, I knew I had to join. My DS10 reminds us of Sheldon so much, it is not even funny. Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Hopefully, they will all be squared away before your trip. We love SWW and I know you will too. We are planning on going May 25-June 1.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #35
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I am a huge Big Bang Theory fan so when I saw your title, I knew I had to join. My DS10 reminds us of Sheldon so much, it is not even funny. Sorry to hear about your medical issues. Hopefully, they will all be squared away before your trip. We love SWW and I know you will too. We are planning on going May 25-June 1.
So glad to have you along for the ride!

Old 11-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #36
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday! We had dinner, cleaned up and are now lounging

We did our 24 weeks until Disney Movie Night last night and ill post later when I get to my laptop.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #37
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and survived Black Friday. Since the hubby was still on vacation we did venture out into the Black Friday Chaos and we say it prepares us well for the rope drops at Disney Ok not really cause Disney people at least 90% of the time are not even close to that crazy

As I stated in my previous post we actually got back on track with our weekly Disney Movie Night countdown and we are down to 24 weeks You kind of have to use a little imagination for this one but go with it:

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation for the Osborn Lights The part where Clark Griswold decorates thier house is the closest thing to Osborn Lights that we are going to see this year For the meal we had leftover soup and popcorn out of our Disney Christmas Popcorn Bucket. I even broke out the Mickey Chrismas dishes. That is actually a cookie and cocoa set but, it worked out well!

I am actually in full planning mode now since we are now past the week where we were originally going to be at Disney. 2012 has been very rough but, I am fully believing 2013 is going to overflow with pixie dust One of the greatest sources of heartache in 2012 was not getting our princess and to rub salt in the wound the same week we found out she wouldn't be ours fate smacked us in the face when my hubby's neice announced she was pregnant And now of course she is due any day and I've been put in charge of the shower. I can't say I was happy but I put a little Disney spin on it and it makes it a little better!

It's a cowboy theme and I had to add a little Woody and Bullseye to the diaper cake I like it and if the mommy doesn't I'll gladly take them home with me!

Now I have to go catch up on everyone elses PTR & TR's

Old 11-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #38
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

23 Weeks Until Disney...Le Cellier & 2 Movies

So we are only a tiny little 23 weeks away from Disney so it's time for another Disney Movie Night We had one on Wednesday night since I knew my Hubbys favorite movie "UP" was on and I had stopped and picked up a yummy Outback meal. We are going to call it "a Le Cellier" meal since hey its steak!

That was the hubby's carb crazy plate, I had salad instead of rice & fries (I am bound and determined to not look like Shamu in my pictures next year!) I know I cheated on this meal but right now the home care agency I work for is crazy busy and just grabbed something tasty on the way home
Instead of just one movie for movie night last night we watched Aladdin & UP since they were both on ABC Family. Is anyone else loving all the Disney movie they are having right now? I personally find it awesome!

We also have managed to decorate our tree in the last week...

Thats DH with this years new Mickey & Minnie ornaments. Since we couldn't make it to Disney this year I ordered that set when I ordered our copy of Brave from the Disney Store.

I had to share Sheldon's perfectly Sheldonish Tron ornaments

And then there's these...

Mr Staypuffed from Ghostbusters and the Delorean from Back to the Future! Ha now do you believe me? I do have to say Brian has requested I change his name to Leonard for the trip reports because he says "Leonard is so much cooler than Sheldon." Bahahaha he better watch or my trip title will be "Raj tours the world"

Old 12-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #39
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

First of all I'm so sorry I have been MIA for so long Between being really busy at work, and all of the usual holiday festivities I have been spending any and all of my free time with the family. But since we are having a BLIZZARD right now I think I have time today

This Christmas was absolutely overflowing with pixie dust We started it off right by addressing all of our gifts to awesome Disney couples:

Then Sheldon got these awesome Sheldonrific gifts (we got lots of others but I'll only post the Disney related ones )

Are those socks not the cutest Sheldon socks ever? These were Brian's first vinylmations and I do believe I may have started something bad

Then I got these adorable Disney gifts:

The first one is the adorable Mickey ears on my new robe I just love it! And the second is my cute Mickey jewelry.

Then we also got a Disney Theme Parks Calendar from a friend who went in October and got us one since she knew we wouldn't be able to go get our own. And this little beauty that while not actually Disney related but will be used for our Disney Movie Nights:

Now are you ready for the mother load?...............

Ahhhhh did you just hear the hallelujah chorus? Well you should have! All the generic Mickey ones are $50 gift cards from my Mother in Law! I just love that woman The other two are the ones I got Brian since he really couldn't think of anything he wanted. That's right folks $400 worth of Pixie Dust was dumped into our laps yesterday!

On the planning front we leave in 19 weeks and 2 days!! I am trying to think of a Disney Movie Night for tonight since we definately aren't going anywhere!

Old 01-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #40
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

18 weeks til Disney Movie Night!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe New Years! One of my resolutions for this year was to make sure we have our Disney Movie Nights. Most people think I'm insane but, even adults deserve some fun! As of Friday we are less than 18 weeks until Disney and for this night we watched Monsters Inc. We thought about going and seeing it in 3D but I couldn't bring myself to spend the $27 for 2 tickets.
I was planning to do a post on my blog about making your own Chinese food so I tied the two together.

In the movie Mike takes his girlfriend to Harryhausens Sushi so we had....

Harryhausen's Beef & Broccoli

We also had...

Roz's Rice

And...

Boo's Pineapple (think Yak & Yeti Wontons)

And to drink...

Sully Monster Soda (it was really BLUE but you can't tell it in the picture!)

Also I hope you noticed the adorable plate a lady at work made me.

I guess people really know me. I of course am constantly catching grief for going to Disney without kids but hey it's thier loss to not see how awesome Disney really is!

On the planning front we dropped our QS dining plan since we have 3 table serice meals planned and lets be honest we can totally share 80% of Disney meals. We also have the money to pay off our trip and pay for our Annual Passes but, we decided to leave it in our money market account until the day we have to pay off the trip. The annual pass money will stay in there until we leave May 10th! We figure any little bit of interest is something! And it also feels great to know the money is right there and not have to worry about it!

I am working on our park plans and making lists so I can pick up the things we need a little at a time.

Oh and did I mention between dropping our QS and the Disney Visa deal that came out we saved almost $700 on our trip I'm viewing that as $700 towards our room for November. Matter of fact I'm heading over to the website to rack rate price that trip right now! Have a great week everyone!

Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #41
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

We're Celebrating!

I have a new movie night to post but first things first I have to say we will be celebrating more than our anniversary in November! As anyone who read the first post knows last year we had a failed adoption. Well I am proud to announce we are getting our foster license and I will be quitting my job and become a full time foster mom after our November trip We will start our classes and finish them just before the May trip and then we will get home inspections and all the other fun stuff done before leaving in November. We will be fostering newborn to 5 so we will call this our "Babymoon"

So now onto the movie night! Our 17 Weeks Til Disney Movie was the Incredibles.

We had Super Heros...

Syndrome Salad

Amazing Veggies

& last but not least Frozone Fruit Sundaes

We just got George of the Jungle so that will be our movie this week I am getting sooooo excited for this trip. One of my dearest friends will be heading to Disney World next month for Valentine's Day and then I will be next!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #42
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Congratulations to you and hope you enjoy being foster parents. My family will also be going to wdw in November as well hoping for great weather and free dining plan
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #43
MyKidsMom1820
Mouseketeer

I just read your whole PTR. We will be at POP the SAME week as you! (in MAY) I was sorry to read of your failed adoption, and RA, but I am ever so happy to read of your becoming foster parents!! You have so much love to give! Good for you!

April 2011- First Family Trip- AllStarMovies

MyKidsMom1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #44
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
Congratulations to you and hope you enjoy being foster parents. My family will also be going to wdw in November as well hoping for great weather and free dining plan
We loved November when we went in 2011, Perfect Weather, and Low Crowds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKidsMom1820 View Post
I just read your whole PTR. We will be at POP the SAME week as you! (in MAY) I was sorry to read of your failed adoption, and RA, but I am ever so happy to read of your becoming foster parents!! You have so much love to give! Good for you!
Awesome maybe we will have to arrange to run into each other while we are there!

Old 01-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #45
OmegaWife5
Earning My Ears

Congrats on becoming foster parents! I have a cousin that does it and she's a foster mom to children ages up to 7 yrs old born with disabilities or special needs children and she finds it so rewarding. She even gets to keep in contact with the children once the leave her and keep tabs on them. I hope you enjoy it as much as she does.

Stays: POR May 19th -25th 2013, POP Oct 5th - 11th, 2014

OmegaWife5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: