Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #16
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Location: On the westside of the cornfield and to the east of the soybeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMGosizk View Post
Very much enjoying your PTR so far!! Can't wait to read more! And, I LOVE your references to Sheldon (reason your PTR caught my eye in the first place!) DH and I love Big Bang Theory! It's awesome you get TWO trips next year and your movie night ideas sound wonderful for you and your DH! That's definitely something we will have to start in our house leading up to our trip next October! There are wayyyyyy too many Disney movies my DH hasn't seen! Looking forward to hearing about more!
Yes the movie nights are a lot of fun and cheap date nights so we can save more for Disney I will have to catch some photos of Brian in full Sheldon mode aka His couch cushion, video games, the superhero t-shirts, the very specific food requests (no chicken, no fish, no onions, only heinz 57 (gasp I offered him A1 once it was BAD! lol) oh the list goes on forever but I love him just the way he is!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2970848
MrsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #17
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

32 weeks movie night and Real Life

So I have been slacking on the movie nights and there is good reason for that which we will get to later. We celebrated our 32 weeks until Disney night last night and you will have to use a little more imagination for this one We watched ......The Avengers! I know not really a Disney movie but, I figure since it was advertised as the movie of the Month for Disney Movie Club it fair game, right? Also the food had to be a little more boring than usual due to family members being here who don't quite understand us Disney Addicts

We had:
*Hawkeye's Hawk (chicken breast...they weren't quite done when I took the picture and no one was willing to wait another minute for the crazy picture taking woman)
*Tony Stark's Penthouse Steaks (cheesy I know but its the best I could do )
*Thors Hammer Heads (Baked Potatoes...I had planned to do the huge baker potatoes but I needed to use up these red potatoes)
*Hulk's Green Peas...uh do I really have to explain this one
*Captain America's All American Corn ( I haven't lost my mind I'm just using my imagination )
*Black Widow Soda (It was really dark knight mountain dew but it's the best I could do)

Now for anyone slightly medically squemish please read no farther

So as I promised I will fill you in on why I am a little off (ok more off than usual) and have lots of family hovering. I woke up one morning last weak with a large amount of swelling and intense pain in my...uh well lets call it mound of flubber on my chest (bahahaha now I'm showing I'm on a few happy meds!) I called the doctor and was being seen within 2 hours which at my Dr's is a miracle in itself. As if this isn't a scary enough moment one of my best friends has terminal cancer right now so I made eveyone promise they would absolutely tell her NOTHING until I knew something. In the last week I have been to 5 md appts, had 4 radiologist appts, 18 different blood tests, and well frankly I'm exhausted! As of right now they have found 4 shadows but since they are small and spread out we will wait three months do another mammo and then biopsy if anything changes so I am breathing easier on that one. But heres the dun dun dun moment through the blood tests it was discovered I have RA. To most people it would seem a rheumatoid arthritis diagnosis is no big deal but, my mom died from RA complications at 40. Which is why my dad, grandma, brothers and everyone are hanging around. My dad is especially worried since they think it is probably what is causing my severe pain. Oh and I also am now taking unholy amounts of Vitamin D (they said they go to prescriptions when your levels are at a 35 mine were 10!), I'm anemic (I hate steak but they made me eat it) and hypoglycemic (very low blood sugar). When I do something I do it right. I did not write all this to get sympathy, I wrote it because when I look back after my visits to WDW next year I want to remember this and how I beat it all. I refuse to let RA get me I have too many Disney miles to cover!

Update 1/29...I have recieved an all clear on the mammo, and the RA gives me ZERO issues with increased exercise, oral meds, and massage therapy Thanks everyone for the caring!

Last edited by MrsBearcat; 01-29-2013 at 09:22 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #18
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Signing on! Can't wait to read more! I am sorry about your diagnosis, but love your determination!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #19
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Signing on! Can't wait to read more! I am sorry about your diagnosis, but love your determination!
Welcome! And thanks for reading along

So what makes a Disney nut feel all better anytime????? That would be more time in Disney of course!!! After discussing it greatly we decided instead of staying in a offsite hotel we will just go ahead and check into POP on the 11th! We will be leaving Friday the 10th as soon as I get off work and drive straight through. The hubby will drive all night and I will drive all morning and we will get to POP about lunchtime. If touring plans predictions are right Magic Kingdom will be open until 1am that day and of course we will head over and stay until they close! So if anyone is at POP on May 11th and sees a crazy woman with a southern twang, in her sweats, with wind blown curly hair checking in wave cause that crazy woman will be me!

Old 10-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #20
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

199 Days to Go and a Mini TR!

In 199 days I will be skipping into POP Century! I know its still a long time away but something about going from the 200's to the 100's great excites me

And just in case anyone is wondering I did not go into space with Howard Wolowitz I have just been very busy with Sheldon. On the 13th we went to Halloween Haunt at Kings Island. Halloween Haunt is an annual event they do on Fridays and Saturdays with rides all day and haunted attractions all night. I feel like a mini trip report is in order since I may have been slacking a bit on my trip reports

First I must share the most perfect photo op I have ever saw for Sheldon (in case you didn't know he works in IS at a local hospital)

We started our day on this little 200+ foot beauty, Diamondback! In fact we rode this like 12 days during the day.

We rode and rode that day and then there came a time when my bladder the size of a pea could not keep up with the coaster crazies so I found a potty and they rode again. The guy in orange is my awesome hubby Brian a.k.a Sheldon. The red head waving we shall call Leonard Hofstadter (he's one of our best friends actual name Brandon) and right beside him is Howard Wolowitz (actual name Matt but he is game for any trick to get the ladies just like Howie).

I didn't ride Drop Tower with the boys because about 3 years ago I watched this movie, "5 People You Meet In Heaven" and the guy dies when a drop ride falls on him. I know it sounds crazy I will ride the most insane rides and ride Tower Of Terror all day but, this is just too much for me lol.

Since the weather was absolutely awesome at 70 degrees in October I had to have a yummy blue ice cream, not as good as Dole Whip but still good.

I'll end this little trip report with a scene where I just couldn't help but, feel like I was being watched.

Overall it was an awesome day and the next coaster we ride will be one of those glorious magical mountains on May 11th

I plan to be pretty active on here in the next few weeks. I have several Disney Movie Days planned for our two weeks off in November and I will also be planning our days now that the hours have been released!

Old 11-01-2012, 07:51 PM   #21
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

The most awesome Halloween Costume!

I hope everyone had a great Halloween! We are working like crazy up until the 9th and then we go on 2 weeks vacation. I will be bummed because we were supposed to be leaving for Disney that day but I plan to cheer myself and the DH up by participating in multiple Disney themed day during those 2 weeks Also during that time will be ADR day for our May trip! I am still debating what ADR's we really even want Since its my birthday trip I want to go to Boma but I'm not sure how much the DH would like the food? He wants to go to 50's PTC again so that's an option and then I also have $100 in Landry's gift cards that put T-Rex and Yak & Yeti on the board. Decisions Decisions!

I just have to share the most adorable costume my husbands nephews had last night...

It's Carl!! Up & Ghostbusters are two of my DH's favorite movies so he was very honored his nephews loved him enough to dress as his favorites!! Just kidding but it was quite a surprise.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #22
oboedm
DIS Veteran

I think I am one of the few people here on the DiS that likes Yak and Yeti. It's so convinient! You do have to order certain dishes to really get a good experience, I think.
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #23
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
I think I am one of the few people here on the DiS that likes Yak and Yeti. It's so convinient! You do have to order certain dishes to really get a good experience, I think.
I would make a reservation at Yak & Yeti just to try the dessert wontons I'm pretty sure. Everytime I see a picture of those babies my mouth waters

Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #24
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Park Plans

-Wow am I the only one who can't believe it is already November? We can make our ADR's next Tuesday the 12th so I think I have our park plans settled (for now ) I must remind you I am married to a commando so if there is a park opened we will be there!

Saturday 5/11: Arrival Day we should be at POP by 1p at the latest (note we are leaving Indiana at 1p Friday yes we drive straight through!) We plan to check in and hopefully our room will be ready so we can shower and then head out to our first park What park you ask? Why Magic Kingdom of course! It's not real until the chunky girl cries walking down Main Street We will be there until they close and I want to try to catch the electrical parade and Wishes the first night.

Sunday 5/12:
Animal Kingdom 9a-2p
Hollywood Studios 2p-7p
Magic Kingdom (EEMH) 7p-12a
**See I told you I married a commando**
We are planning to have a lunch ADR at Rainforest this day since it's Mother's Day. My hubby said we should have a deccent sit down meal and he wasn't sure we would like Yak & Yeti.

Monday 5/13 (The madness continues )
Animal Kingdom 8a-12p MEMH
Epcot 12p-6p
Hollywood Studios 6p-11p EEMH
I want to see Fantasmic this day but I'm hoping for a second showing after the 9p one.
Also this day I'm thinking of surprising the DH with a 50's PTC ADR. He loves that place!

Tuesday 5/14 (The Calm begins??)
Epcot 8a-1p MEMH
Downtown Disney 1p-4p (I probably won't get that long but I at least need to hit World of Disney!)
Magic Kingdom 4p-9p
*I think this evening would be a good time to explore AOA we will see if the DH agrees*

Wednesday 5/15 (Relax finally )
Hollywood Studios 8a-1p MEMH (back up day for a 50's PTC ADR)
The rest of the day is a whatever floats your boat kind of day. We will head where ever we want to or do what ever we missed earlier in the week.

Thursday 5/16 (Last Full Day )
Magic Kingdom 8a-10p MEMH
I think I will get a Crystal Palace ADR this morning for a late breakfast. We have never done any character meal and I'm seeing this as the perfect chance.

Friday 5/16 (See you soon)
Departure Day I'm hoping that it won't be quite as sad since we will know that we will be back in less than 6 months.

.....of course there is always.

My little devious plan
Sheldon is of course a huge Star Wars fan (who saw that coming??) and since it looks as though Star Wars weekends I am thinking of surprising him with One More Disney Day! His birthday will be in June and what could be a more perfect surprise? I even want to surprise him by:

Knock, knock, knock Brian
Knock, knock, knock Brian
knock, knock, knock Brian
*if you watch Big Bang Theory you'll get it!*

Now I just need to verify that Star Wars Weekends do in fact start then and decide if I want to just stay at POP or maybe try someplace new for 1 night??
/

Old 11-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #25
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

I'm here! Ohhh, your title. I love it.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #26
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Re: Monday.
I thought DH and I hopped a lot. You have me beat!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #27
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
I'm here! Ohhh, your title. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Re: Monday.
I thought DH and I hopped a lot. You have me beat!
Oh my husband is very much a hopper! We went to Kings Island on our honeymoon and I kid you not 5 days into park open to close in 100+ degree heat I was begging to go back to the hotel he says "I'll buy you a Coke & a Ice Cream if you suck it up we only have 6 more hours"
He may have got "the look" but I made it through! At least I can say we have fun!

Old 11-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #28
OmegaWife5
Earning My Ears

I'm loving your PTR. Can't wait to read more and am subbing to the thread. Awesome!

Stays: POR May 19th -25th 2013, POP Oct 5th - 11th, 2014

OmegaWife5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:55 PM   #29
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWife5 View Post
I'm loving your PTR. Can't wait to read more and am subbing to the thread. Awesome!
And hang on tight its about to get interesting around here! Tommorrow at 2pm Eastern I begin what should have been the 2012 Disney Trip but is now 2013 Trip Planning Two Week Bonanza! I have quite the array of Disney Movie Nights up my sleeve, ADR's to make, park plans to question change and ultimately leave just as they are, you know the usual DIS board activities. Throw in Thanksgiving, Black Friday, a baby shower and two coupon classes to teach and I think the next two weeks will pass quickly!

Oh and the official countdown is at 6 months and two days!

Old 11-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #30
MrsBearcat
Mouseketeer

I had a doctors appointment and managed to make ADR's via text message with my little bro at my laptop :/ I already received the emails confirmations so he did it right and we are dining at Rainforest Cafe, 50's Primetime Cafe, and I have a Sci Fi reservation for 5/17 just in case we do stay for Star Wars Weekends. We didn't book too many for this trip so we can do more on the longer Anniversary Trip in November. I am anxious to see if this disboards app actually works

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: