Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2012, 01:03 AM   #46
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisneyfrommd

I'm a Lieutenant (and Paramedic for the fire department) and she's now an Emergency Room nurse.
I'm also an ER nurse!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #47
godisneyfrommd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post
I'm also an ER nurse!
that's great to hear! sounds like we are all close in age and our little ones will be kinda close in age too! Tyler will be 2.5 years old on that cruise.

i'll be turning 33 on the cruise and katie will be 29
godisneyfrommd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #48
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisneyfrommd

that's great to hear! sounds like we are all close in age and our little ones will be kinda close in age too! Tyler will be 2.5 years old on that cruise.

i'll be turning 33 on the cruise and katie will be 29
That's great! Same ages for all of us, just reverse the genders of the grown ups. Elliot will be almost exactly 2.5. Do you have main dining?
Old 11-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #49
ksinglet
Oh Yeah - Platinum!!!!

Roll Call

Morning! Just off the Fantasy yesterday & have this cruise booked for next year. Myself, DH, DD - 9, DS - 3. This will be my 12th cruise, hubby's 11th - both platinum! Daughter's 7th - she's already gold! Son's 3rd! Can't wait already.

I know it is early, but just wondering if anyone is interested in doing FE's? I don't have the time or talent to organize it, but I joined my last cruise one late so thought i'd check. My kids loved it & are asking about the next one!
ksinglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #50
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksinglet View Post
Morning! Just off the Fantasy yesterday & have this cruise booked for next year. Myself, DH, DD - 9, DS - 3. This will be my 12th cruise, hubby's 11th - both platinum! Daughter's 7th - she's already gold! Son's 3rd! Can't wait already.

I know it is early, but just wondering if anyone is interested in doing FE's? I don't have the time or talent to organize it, but I joined my last cruise one late so thought i'd check. My kids loved it & are asking about the next one!
Welcome! How did you like the Fantasy? I'm going in March and can't wait.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #51
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto

I know you're asking ksinglet, but I can't resist, haha... We were DYING over the Fantasy! The Magic will always be my "mother ship" but the Fantasy is not to be matched in it's style and detail and exquisite design. They have created the perfect marriage between sophisticated elegance and Disney flair. It's such a fun vessel!! You're going to be overwhelmed!
Old 11-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #52
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Oh yes, and welcome, ksinglet!
Old 11-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #53
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post
I know you're asking ksinglet, but I can't resist, haha... We were DYING over the Fantasy! The Magic will always be my "mother ship" but the Fantasy is not to be matched in it's style and detail and exquisite design. They have created the perfect marriage between sophisticated elegance and Disney flair. It's such a fun vessel!! You're going to be overwhelmed!
I should have just asked generally since a bunch of you guys just cruised on the Fantasy. So glad you still loved it even with the weather. I am so excited.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #54
ksinglet
Oh Yeah - Platinum!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Well, I was very excited to sail on the fantasy. We have been on the Magic & Wonder lots of times. I was very much looking forward to the AquaDuck, but it wasn't all that I was hoping for. It was grand & beautiful, but with bigger comes more people & more space. We debated doing a back to back Dream next fall, but decided on this to go back to the Magic. You can definately tell that it is newer with all the technology. The new Animators restaurant was spectacular & the buffet dining was better laid out. So....all in all - we did have a great time, but I guess I prefer the Magic.
ksinglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #55
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to hear your review on that. This cruise next October will be our first cruise. I had originally wanted to go on the Magic. The Aquaduck looks so cool and we love technology. The pics of the kid's floor look really neat.

But for the less money, we were able to go on this cruise in concierge. In the end, I am thinking we really made the right decision. We do NOT like crowds at all and go out of our way to avoid it. My son doesn't handle when things get too noisy and loud either. I'm thinking the Fantasy might be too much for us.

Plus the Magic has some sentimental value. We've only been on one cruise ever. The Big Red Boat on our honeymoon. That was the year the Magic debuted. I remember looking at our ship and being amazed at how big it was. But then we saw the Magic next to it and were all (It's funny how it's a small ship nowadays). I told my DH I really wanted to go on the Magic after seeing it. Now, finally, we get too.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #56
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec
I'm glad to hear your review on that. This cruise next October will be our first cruise. I told my DH I really wanted to go on the Magic after seeing it. Now, finally, we get too.
I love this!

The Magic is a very special ship. I'm expecting a LOT of repeat cruisers, given the itinerary, it's nice to have some first-timers, too!
It's true that there are less people, but it's also a smaller space, so it can still get crowded, but it manages to be somehow less hectic.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #57
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Well, we booked into a suite. We're bringing our twins who are freshmen in college and we miss them so much! So with this being our first cruise and everyone together, it's kind of special. I figure we'll have the extra space, can hopefully get a Cabana, and then DH can disappear for some solitude when he needs it, lol

I am just so crazy excited to finally get to go. I wish it wasn't so far away, but this really seemed like the perfect cruise. Now if the hurricanes will just stay away!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #58
mc2
Mouseketeer

Will be interesting to see what changes are made right before we sail (during dry dock). I wonder if some of the new things that are popular on the newer ships will be incorporated into the renos? Kind of exciting to be the first to see any changes - we booked because of the double dip, then found out we were the first sail post-dry dock....bonus!!

Side note - we're in healthcare as well (RN and MD), and are in our 30s with younger kids (month shy of 3, 6, and 8 at the time of the cruise)! Was there a "if you're in your 30s, in healthcare, and have young children" discount we didn't know about or something? Wonder how many of us WON'T be packing a mini pharmacy in our suitcases?!

Anyone staying in Miami the night before? We're starting to look at hotels - stayed at the Marriott Biscayne pre-cruise years ago, and LOVED being able to see the ships/port when we woke up the morning of the cruise. Debating on whether or not to use the DCL transfers/hotels.

350 days!
mc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #59
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Well, I'm 41 and an ophthalmic tech. So I missed the boat by a decade but still in the medical industry.

I'm not sure where we are staying yet. We live in Orlando but I was thinking of staying somewhere in Miami.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #60
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc2
Will be interesting to see what changes are made right before we sail (during dry dock). I wonder if some of the new things that are popular on the newer ships will be incorporated into the renos? Kind of exciting to be the first to see any changes - we booked because of the double dip, then found out we were the first sail post-dry dock....bonus!!

350 days!
Yes, let the speculation begin! I'm hoping for an overhaul of the nursery, since that was one of the most requested changes for the new ships, which they certainly improved upon. On that same note, the splash area for toddlers is a little weak, too... I doubt an Aquaduck could be incorporated, but I'd love to see SOMETHING of a water feature that grown ups can participate in. I'm guessing they will totally re-theme Parrot Cay all together, but that's just wild guesswork at play. I really love that ship, if all they do is spit shine her, I will still be happy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: