Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #541
ksinglet
Oh Yeah - Platinum!!!!

Hi Everyone!!

I just wanted to say hi to everyone!!! I've been lurking here & on facebook for awhile, but haven't jumped in on any conversations!! I decided that I needed to do some research tonight & decide on a hotel for our night prior to the cruise. I've been putting it off.......haven't decided yet. Has anyone else booked a room in Miami???

99 - Port Orleans & Disney Wonder, 00 - Port Orleans & Disney Wonder, 01 - Port Orleans, 02 - Disney Magic, 03 - Disney Magic, 04 - Disneyland Resort, 05 - Disney Magic, 06 - Disney Magic, 07 - Disney Magic, 08 - Disney Magic, 09 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Magic, 11 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Wonder, 12 - Bay Lake Tower & Disney Fantasy, 13 - B2B Disney Magic, 14 - B2B Disney Magic

[

ksinglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #542
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksinglet View Post
I just wanted to say hi to everyone!!! I've been lurking here & on facebook for awhile, but haven't jumped in on any conversations!! I decided that I needed to do some research tonight & decide on a hotel for our night prior to the cruise. I've been putting it off.......haven't decided yet. Has anyone else booked a room in Miami???
I have three reservations and need to figure out which one we are keeping!

First is at Holiday Inn University Coral Gables. Main reason for this one...Univ of Miami is my alma mater. We are getting in on Friday evening so I can spend Saturday at the bookstore and just wandering around campus (and meeting up with friends down there).

I also have reservations at La Quinta Inn & Suites Airport East and Comfort Inn & Suites Airport North. Both of those have free shuttles to the port (but not for a return - they do for return only if you are spending the night after the cruise as well).

Which one I keep will depend on things such as renting cars (one-way for each leg) vs. driving our own, parking needs during the cruise, etc.

As for ratings on the hotels...the Holiday Inn is going through renovations right now. Back during my time in Miami (in the mid 90's) it was a decent place to stay...more recent reviews are less than thrilling, but I think with the updates it should be a good place once again. From what I understand the updates should be done by October.

The other two hotels by the airport both have decent reviews on TripAdvisor, with the Comfort Suites Airport North having some really good reviews! (The cost is just slightly higher than La Quinta.)

Oh, by the way...welcome aboard!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 04:09 AM   #543
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksinglet View Post
We booked the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. We have friends that recommended it to us - they stated there before their cruise. We chose it because of the Stay & Cruise package - it includes 14 days of parking in a gated parking garage.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #544
Sparkypluto
Earning My Ears

Jumping onboard for this cruise ! Just got off the Magic yesterday and the crew is super excited about the changes coming. DH and I decided we needed to see the "new" girl as soon as we could, so we booked the cruise. (Double dip doesn't hurt either!).

Booked
Disney Magic 09/20/14 Southern Caribbean
Disney Magic 09/06/14 WBTA
Disney Magic 05/19/14 EBTA
Disney Magic 10/25/13 Two Night
Disney Magic 10/20/13 Double Dip
Completed
Disney Magic 04/26/13 - Disney Fantasy 03/09/13
Disney Dream 11/11/12 - Disney Wonder 09/30/12 - Disney Magic 06/15/12- Disney Magic 06/10/12
Disney Fantasy 03/31/12 Maiden Voyage -
Disney Magic 10/09/11 - Disney Dream 01/30/11-
Disney Dream 01/26/11 Maiden Voyage -
Disney Magic 11/06/10 - Disney Magic 02/06/10 -
Disney Wonder 01/31/10 - Disney Magic 10/04/08 -
Disney Magic 09/29/07 - Disney Wonder 09/28/06 -
Disney Wonder 12/04/05 -
Disneyland 3
WDW lost count!
DVC member
Sparkypluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #545
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

We are debating on staying at the Comfort Suites or the hotel at the Miami airport.

Comfort Suites has free transfers to the hotel and too the port. After the cruise we would have to arrange transfer back to hotel.

The hotel at the airport costs a bit more, but we can purchase the transfer from the airport to the port and back.

Does anyone know about what time DCL buses pick up after the cruise?
Old 05-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #546
ZoneOrr
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone!!! My Bestie and I are doing a Mother daughter trip! We just booked today so were pretty excited!!!! I need info please, is there a fish extender started and is there a Facebook page????
ZoneOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #547
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneOrr
Hello everyone!!! My Bestie and I are doing a Mother daughter trip! We just booked today so were pretty excited!!!! I need info please, is there a fish extender started and is there a Facebook page????
Welcome! There is an FE and a Facebook page, you shouldn't have to look too far back on the thread to see that info posted. Glad to have you girls joining in the fun!!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #548
tlcoke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
We aren't going straight home after the cruise. We do need to be in Orlando by 5:30 PM if not earlier .
I know our group is planning on renting a car or two and traveling to Orlando after the cruise. From my understanding the drive is approximately 4 hours depending on traffic on the Turnpike.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #549
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcoke View Post
I know our group is planning on renting a car or two and traveling to Orlando after the cruise. From my understanding the drive is approximately 4 hours depending on traffic on the Turnpike.
We drove to WDW from Fort Lauderdale (slightly north of Miami) after disembarking from the Oasis of the Seas on Saturday morning.

We picked up the car a bit after 9 and were at the Wide World of Sports picking up our Expedition Everest Challenge bibs by 12:30~12:45, even with parking in the double overflow lot. I am the king of bathroom stops, so we also stopped frequently.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #550
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
We drove to WDW from Fort Lauderdale (slightly north of Miami) after disembarking from the Oasis of the Seas on Saturday morning.

We picked up the car a bit after 9 and were at the Wide World of Sports picking up our Expedition Everest Challenge bibs by 12:30~12:45, even with parking in the double overflow lot. I am the king of bathroom stops, so we also stopped frequently.
We had considered renting a car, but neither dh and I really like to drive. Then we would need to return the car to the airport or somewhere else, and we didn't want to have to figure all that our.

Thanks for the information. I am going to save it as a back up plan.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #551
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkypluto View Post
Jumping onboard for this cruise ! Just got off the Magic yesterday and the crew is super excited about the changes coming. DH and I decided we needed to see the "new" girl as soon as we could, so we booked the cruise. (Double dip doesn't hurt either!).
Welcome aboard! How awesome you just sailed and will be returning to sail so soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
Does anyone know about what time DCL buses pick up after the cruise?
I'm guessing the DCL buses are ready and waiting for departure as soon as the ship begins disembarkation. Call DCL and see what they say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneOrr View Post
Welcome aboard! There is an FE started...PM TheBeadPirate as she is heading up the group. There is also a Facebook page...I will have to get that link when I get home tonight (my work blocks FB from our Internet access). You can search the group which is named Disney Magic 10/20/2013.

Quote:
It's just under 4 hours if you take the Turnpike (just over 4 hours going up I-95). Keep in mind we will be returning to Miami on a Friday morning, so you will need to build in some rush hour travel time as well.

Are we really just over 5 months away from cruise time???

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:12 AM   #552
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Is our cruise sold out? I went to look yesterday and nothing came up.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #553
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
Is our cruise sold out? I went to look yesterday and nothing came up.
If it was sold out, it isn't now. I found most categories available.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #554
amandajunebug
Earning My Ears

Getting super excited! The energy is great here! We are making our FE and are so ready! Question for everyone that has been on a Disney cruise before. Can you tell me the different stuff I should pack for? I heard about the White Party, and the Pirate Night. What else?
amandajunebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #555
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

What White Party??
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: