Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #511
bjbr354
Disney Princess

Hi everyone, just getting the board for the Double Dip

Last edited by bjbr354; 04-27-2013 at 04:36 PM.
bjbr354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #512
bjbr354
Disney Princess

Sorry the post was sent too fast

My DH, DS and DD-in Law are cruising the Double Dip in October. We are so excited Castaway Cay one of our favorite spots. This will be our 5th cruise with Disney. We will be going to WDW resorts for 8 days before we travel down to the Port of Miami and are all looking forward to a nice long vacation.
Is the group doing FE and Secret Mickey?
Looking forward to meeting everyone in October.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #513
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellym506 View Post
I'm so glad my brother-in-law suggested that we all go on this cruise. I thought that dry dock would mean new bedding, carpets, etc. I had no idea it would be a massive redesign! Looking forward to Carioca's, O'Gills and swapping Topsiders into Cabanas.

Sailing with my dad, sister, brother-in-law and nephew (8). We've sailed on the Magic twice already and love it--Esther and Avatar are our favorite servers! Fantasy is next for us (our first time) in June, then this cruise.

A double dip on the first sailing after a major dry dock--look out, Castaway Cay, here we come!

Timing of cruise couldn't be better. Some of us will stay for the UCONN/UCF football game on October 25, too. Mickey + Huskies Football = perfect vacation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbr354 View Post
Sorry the post was sent too fast

My DH, DS and DD-in Law are cruising the Double Dip in October. We are so excited Castaway Cay one of our favorite spots. This will be our 5th cruise with Disney. We will be going to WDW resorts for 8 days before we travel down to the Port of Miami and are all looking forward to a nice long vacation.
Is the group doing FE and Secret Mickey?
Looking forward to meeting everyone in October.
Welcome aboard! Good to see more faces...and I'm guessing with all the refurbs happening, we will see this cruise fill up pretty quick!

Yes, there will be an FE. TheBeadPirate is collecting information for that, so you will need to PM her with your info. You will need to have ten posts on the boards before you can PM, but that's pretty easy to do around here.

Speaking of the FE, will we be getting a prelim list soon for that? I'm in the beginning stages of putting my gifts together!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:26 PM   #514
singhsongs
Earning My Ears

So happy to join this group we loved fish extending on the Dream earlier this month. I hope to join this list.

This trip is a surprise for Grandma.

I hope to see you guys around.

My name is Melissa my mom's name is Joycelyn and my son Hayden is 7!
singhsongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #515
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsongs View Post
So happy to join this group we loved fish extending on the Dream earlier this month. I hope to join this list.

This trip is a surprise for Grandma.

I hope to see you guys around.

My name is Melissa my mom's name is Joycelyn and my son Hayden is 7!
Welcome aboard! To join the FE, send a PM to TheBeadPirate. Hope to see you around as well!

Old 04-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #516
chrissycassie
DisneyLOVE

Double Dip for Me

Hi everyone! We just booked the October 20th, double dip. Our family consists of me (Chrissy), Jeremy, and our 3 boys, Austin (11), Aiden (8), and Mason (4). This will be our second cruise. We sailed the Dream in May 2011. We are hoping for beautiful weather and can't wait for two amazing days at Castaway Cay!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #517
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Welcome aboard, newcomers! I am loving the energy that we are going to have aboard this ship!! There's nothing like the excitement of seeing something new for the first time. I can't wait to be a part of this experience!!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #518
CFALCON614
Earning My Ears

Hi All! We just got back from our Western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Wonder yesterday! It was our first cruise ever and we loved it so much that we booked this cruise in OCT! I just read that the Magic is being renovated and should be completed by October 2013, so that makes this cruise even better. We did FE on our last cruise and would love to participate again, we had 21 cabins and it was so much fun. Counting down the days already!
CFALCON614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #519
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

I have an idea and would like to have some feedback. Would anyone be interested in having buttons made or magnets made that we could identify ourselves as part of this group?

If so, if someone will do a design, I can see about getting the items made and sent to everyone before we sail.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #520
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
I have an idea and would like to have some feedback. Would anyone be interested in having buttons made or magnets made that we could identify ourselves as part of this group?

If so, if someone will do a design, I can see about getting the items made and sent to everyone before we sail.
My DH does some graphic design - I'll ask him!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #521
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297

I have a design started on the Facebook page, if you're interested. it's a drawing right now, but my dad will help me make it in to a graphic.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #522
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post

I have a design started on the Facebook page, if you're interested. it's a drawing right now, but my dad will help me make it in to a graphic.
Oh ok. I don't do FB so I didn't see your design. Nevermind then!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #523
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissycassie View Post
Hi everyone! We just booked the October 20th, double dip. Our family consists of me (Chrissy), Jeremy, and our 3 boys, Austin (11), Aiden (8), and Mason (4). This will be our second cruise. We sailed the Dream in May 2011. We are hoping for beautiful weather and can't wait for two amazing days at Castaway Cay!!!
Welcome aboard! We are so looking forward to the two CC days also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFALCON614 View Post
Hi All! We just got back from our Western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Wonder yesterday! It was our first cruise ever and we loved it so much that we booked this cruise in OCT! I just read that the Magic is being renovated and should be completed by October 2013, so that makes this cruise even better. We did FE on our last cruise and would love to participate again, we had 21 cabins and it was so much fun. Counting down the days already!
Welcome aboard! Did your cruise call on Key West? So awesome you booked! There is an FE started for this cruise...PM TheBeadPirate to be added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post

I love the idea of buttons or magnets!

Old 04-28-2013, 09:21 PM   #524
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

We need to keep it as simple as possible. Wish I could post it here, but last August we did a Mickey head outline and each person individually did their screen name on a tag.

We could do something similar, but just leave off our screen names. I did post it on Facebook.

Last edited by taylor3297; 04-28-2013 at 09:28 PM. Reason: more info
taylor3297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #525
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

That's a great idea! My design is really better for t-shirts anyhow!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: