Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #496
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Ready and waiting!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #497
tmoor
Earning My Ears

1st time on the Magic and so excited about the renovations!!

Cannot wait until October 20, especially now that we know what changes are being made. I booked this cruise while on the Dream back in January, which was our very first Disney cruise - DH and 3yo DD had the best time. I had mixed feelings...excited to be doing a double dip at Castaway Cay but a little sad that DD wouldn't get a chance to go on the Aqua Duck (she was too small while on the Dream). However, after seeing pics of the kids areas I knew she would love Captain Hook's ship but then to hear that might be gone, again, I was a little sad. But now, wooohoooo, her favorite part of Andy's room (Slinky Dog) is now going to be a spiral slide! So now I am so much more excited about our cruise on the Magic! We've never been to Disney World so we decided a Disney cruise would be for us and boy were we right...we are now hooked!! All I can think about is our next cruise, and the next...

I hope to meet some of you while on the "new" Magic!! Tarina
tmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #498
tmoor
Earning My Ears

Any other folks from Alabama going on this cruise?

Anyone from the Montgomery/Prattville area?
tmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #499
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

I am beyond excited! My kids are going to go nuts when they see the new slides. I feel like I'm being greedy here - but has anyone heard about them adding something like the mid-ship detective game?

How in the world am I going to stand waiting so long!?!?

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #500
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
I am beyond excited! My kids are going to go nuts when they see the new slides. I feel like I'm being greedy here - but has anyone heard about them adding something like the mid-ship detective game?

How in the world am I going to stand waiting so long!?!?
I wondered about Mid-ship as well... They did say they didn't announce everything so there is still hope

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #501
mickeycruisemaniac
Crazy 4 Cruisin

I am really excited about the AquaDunk! It looks GREAT! I hope they don't replace the Chihuly in the lobby, it is one of my favorites parts of the ship! No mention of the Vibe or Edge, wonder what they will be doing with those spaces? Not sure if the AquaDunk takes over one of those spaces or not. So Excited for October!!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #502
amandajunebug
Earning My Ears

Those people who have done FE's before, what is the best thing you ever got in one?
amandajunebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #503
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeycruisemaniac View Post
I am really excited about the AquaDunk! It looks GREAT! I hope they don't replace the Chihuly in the lobby, it is one of my favorites parts of the ship! No mention of the Vibe or Edge, wonder what they will be doing with those spaces? Not sure if the AquaDunk takes over one of those spaces or not. So Excited for October!!!!
The Chihuly is being replaced. I'm a huge fan of it, but I imagine the care of that thing is a bear. It has been said it might be going into the terminal at PC. We shall see! Hopefully that happens so we can still see it when we arrive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajunebug View Post
Those people who have done FE's before, what is the best thing you ever got in one?
Oh boy! I would have to go through pictures...so, so, so many favorites!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #504
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Ok, going through previous FE gifts and pictures of gifts...gosh, there really is never anything I don't like (honestly...even if it is something I cannot use personally, my niece loves the little gifts I bring back!).

My favorites have probably been the magnets (Disney related, hometown related, whatever!) since I collect magnets. Candy/food related to hometowns...also very cool! Mini paper bag scrapbooks. Recipes (I'm a cook and baker, so those always go over well with me...some have been hometown based, others Disney recipes). And considering I have a sweet tooth, candy always hits the spot!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #505
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Von and I got some video of the atrium during the Sandy hurricane. We werent supposed to be there, but i insisted... I am telling you, we were all INTENSELY staring at that chandelier just frozen in time just waiting for it to come crashing down... And it's definitely more sturdy than the Chihuly. It was shaking and trembling and creaking so much! I think the drama with the storm have them rethinking a few things in the rebuild of the Magic!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #506
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post
Von and I got some video of the atrium during the Sandy hurricane. We werent supposed to be there, but i insisted... I am telling you, we were all INTENSELY staring at that chandelier just frozen in time just waiting for it to come crashing down... And it's definitely more sturdy than the Chihuly. It was shaking and trembling and creaking so much! I think the drama with the storm have them rethinking a few things in the rebuild of the Magic!
I have video of the Magic's Chihuly on a regular non-storm sailing...and it's swaying pretty good!

Old 04-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #507
Luliemouse
Mouseketeer

I just read that the rooms are getting a touch up too!

Hey is anyone starting a Facebook group? I check that much more than the boards. Plus it would be nice to put faces with the names!

I can start one if no one knows how....
`·-*
LulieMouse
Disneyland Annual Passholder
Disneyland Resort - Resort stays at DLH, DGCH & DPPH
Walt DisneyWorld - Resort stays at the Poly 2007, DGFH 2009 and CBR 2012 & 2013, DARR 2014.

Disney Cruise Line- Wonder 4 day Bahamian Cruise 2007, Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise 2009, Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise 2011, Wonder Pixar Cruise 2012, Dream 4 day Bahamian Cruise 2013, Disney Magic 5-day & 3-Day Bahamian Cruises March 2014.

Luliemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #508
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

The Facebook group is at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1219...27725/?fref=ts. Just ask to be added!

Old 04-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #509
Luliemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
The Facebook group is at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1219...27725/?fref=ts. Just ask to be added!
Just requested. Thanks!
`·-*
LulieMouse
Disneyland Annual Passholder
Disneyland Resort - Resort stays at DLH, DGCH & DPPH
Walt DisneyWorld - Resort stays at the Poly 2007, DGFH 2009 and CBR 2012 & 2013, DARR 2014.

Disney Cruise Line- Wonder 4 day Bahamian Cruise 2007, Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise 2009, Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise 2011, Wonder Pixar Cruise 2012, Dream 4 day Bahamian Cruise 2013, Disney Magic 5-day & 3-Day Bahamian Cruises March 2014.

Luliemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #510
kellym506
Mouseketeer

I'm so glad my brother-in-law suggested that we all go on this cruise. I thought that dry dock would mean new bedding, carpets, etc. I had no idea it would be a massive redesign! Looking forward to Carioca's, O'Gills and swapping Topsiders into Cabanas.

Sailing with my dad, sister, brother-in-law and nephew (8). We've sailed on the Magic twice already and love it--Esther and Avatar are our favorite servers! Fantasy is next for us (our first time) in June, then this cruise.

A double dip on the first sailing after a major dry dock--look out, Castaway Cay, here we come!

Timing of cruise couldn't be better. Some of us will stay for the UCONN/UCF football game on October 25, too. Mickey + Huskies Football = perfect vacation!

kellym506 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: