Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #466
amandajunebug
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post

I agree with Cindy 115%. Characters come out of the woodwork on the ship. It seems as though there are just as many meet and greets aboard as there are in the parks, only in a much smaller space. Mickey and friends are even in the terminal for meet and greets before the sailing (at least when sailing out of Port Canaveral).

On the Navigator (the ship's event schedule that you will receive nightly for the next day) there is a section that tells you when and where someone will be. It looks like a TV guide grid.
That's great! I am so excited! Do you guys all do FE's? A coworker said that its a lot of fun. I am hoping to also connect with others with small children. Rowen is an only child so I would love it if he found someone else to play with. Like other cruise lines, do they seat you with other people that have something in common with you?
amandajunebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #467
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet
 
jeanigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 14,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajunebug View Post
That's great! I am so excited! Do you guys all do FE's? A coworker said that its a lot of fun. I am hoping to also connect with others with small children. Rowen is an only child so I would love it if he found someone else to play with. Like other cruise lines, do they seat you with other people that have something in common with you?
Some of us are participating in a FE group. We are for sure. It is a ton of fun to deliver a bit of pixie dust and magic to your fellow cruisers. I love seeing all the different decorated doors and FE's.

We are without children, but I know there will be others aboard with them. A vast majority of cruisers are friendly and fun, so I wouldn't be surprised if you found someone onboard, if not here.

I cannot answer the seating assignment question, as all of my sailings have been part of a group, organized by a single travel agent and has requested everyone in the group be sat with each other. Even requesting certain cabins dine with other cabins on occasion.
__________________
__
You may call me Todd. Tiara Todd.__________I am fairly certain that if given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world. One sequin at a time.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #468
amandajunebug
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post

Some of us are participating in a FE group. We are for sure. It is a ton of fun to deliver a bit of pixie dust and magic to your fellow cruisers. I love seeing all the different decorated doors and FE's.

We are without children, but I know there will be others aboard with them. A vast majority of cruisers are friendly and fun, so I wouldn't be surprised if you found someone onboard, if not here.

I cannot answer the seating assignment question, as all of my sailings have been part of a group, organized by a single travel agent and has requested everyone in the group be sat with each other. Even requesting certain cabins dine with other cabins on occasion.
Great!!! How would I get into an FE group? Sounds like a lot of fun!
amandajunebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #469
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet
 
jeanigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 14,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajunebug View Post
Great!!! How would I get into an FE group? Sounds like a lot of fun!
Easiest way would be to Private Message the person organizing it, in the case of this cruise TheBeadPirate. However, you need 10 posts to send a private message, so I would say for now, do exactly as you have, state in the thread that you'd like to be included. Once you reach 10 posts, send TheBeadPirate a private message with the details.
__________________
__
You may call me Todd. Tiara Todd.__________I am fairly certain that if given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world. One sequin at a time.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #470
amandajunebug
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post

Easiest way would be to Private Message the person organizing it, in the case of this cruise TheBeadPirate. However, you need 10 posts to send a private message, so I would say for now, do exactly as you have, state in the thread that you'd like to be included. Once you reach 10 posts, send TheBeadPirate a private message with the details.
Thanks! I will do that! How many Disney cruises have you been on?
amandajunebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #471
EvaSue
DIS Veteran
 
EvaSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, baby!
Posts: 528

Amanda- I have a little one who will be 2.5 at time of sailing, he would love a big 3 year old to play with! I have been on over 30 cruises on the Magic, but only as a cast member, never as a guest! -
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #472
amandajunebug
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post
Amanda- I have a little one who will be 2.5 at time of sailing, he would love a big 3 year old to play with! I have been on over 30 cruises on the Magic, but only as a cast member, never as a guest! -
Awesome!! We will definitely have to meet up with the little ones!!!
amandajunebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #473
amandajunebug
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post
Amanda- I have a little one who will be 2.5 at time of sailing, he would love a big 3 year old to play with! I have been on over 30 cruises on the Magic, but only as a cast member, never as a guest! -
I would love to chat with you. I am still new so I can't PM yet!
amandajunebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #474
amandajunebug
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 16

New.....

Totally trying to get the hang of this discussion board.
amandajunebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #475
iloverags2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,293

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajunebug View Post
That's great! I am so excited! Do you guys all do FE's? A coworker said that its a lot of fun. I am hoping to also connect with others with small children. Rowen is an only child so I would love it if he found someone else to play with. Like other cruise lines, do they seat you with other people that have something in common with you?
We do FEs...and have always sailed sans kids. We are just big kids at heart. :D As for seatings, we have always been seated with other couples (twice we were seated alone though). Our first Disney cruise we did sail with DH's teenage daughter...they paired us up with another family, that was mom/dad/teenage daughter as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Some of us are participating in a FE group. We are for sure. It is a ton of fun to deliver a bit of pixie dust and magic to your fellow cruisers. I love seeing all the different decorated doors and FE's.

We are without children, but I know there will be others aboard with them. A vast majority of cruisers are friendly and fun, so I wouldn't be surprised if you found someone onboard, if not here.
Same here with us! I love looking at the door decorations and FEs when delivering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajunebug View Post
Thanks! I will do that! How many Disney cruises have you been on?
I have been on six Disney cruises...this will be number 7 (unless we throw in a quick 3-nighter sometime in the next month or two). This will be my 14th cruise overall. We just went on the Ruby Princess three weeks ago. While she was beautiful and we had a wonderful time, she definitely was not a Disney ship (and it was not a Disney cruise!).

Trust me, you will get the hang of these boards soon enough...and then you won't be able to stay away!
__________________
Cindy
iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:25 AM   #476
amandajunebug
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post

We do FEs...and have always sailed sans kids. We are just big kids at heart. :D As for seatings, we have always been seated with other couples (twice we were seated alone though). Our first Disney cruise we did sail with DH's teenage daughter...they paired us up with another family, that was mom/dad/teenage daughter as well.

Same here with us! I love looking at the door decorations and FEs when delivering!

I have been on six Disney cruises...this will be number 7 (unless we throw in a quick 3-nighter sometime in the next month or two). This will be my 14th cruise overall. We just went on the Ruby Princess three weeks ago. While she was beautiful and we had a wonderful time, she definitely was not a Disney ship (and it was not a Disney cruise!).

Trust me, you will get the hang of these boards soon enough...and then you won't be able to stay away!
Awesome! I definitely want to do an FE. My mom is going with me, DH, and DS and she is going to make it with me, so just as soon as I can PM, I will contact the BeadPirate to join in the fun!
amandajunebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:57 AM   #477
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet
 
jeanigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 14,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajunebug View Post
Thanks! I will do that! How many Disney cruises have you been on?
I have been on four Disney cruises so far. I leave on the Oasis of the Seas tomorrow morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajunebug View Post
Totally trying to get the hang of this discussion board.
You're doing great.
__________________
__
You may call me Todd. Tiara Todd.__________I am fairly certain that if given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world. One sequin at a time.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #478
amandajunebug
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maine
Posts: 16

That's awesome!!! Have a fantastic time!!! I wish our Disney cruise was sooner!!!
amandajunebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:01 AM   #479
taylor3297
DIS Veteran
 
taylor3297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,950

For folks doing FE, I saw a sticky the other day that said DCL will only let you use magnets on the doors. No tape or anything with an adhesive. Also, there was something about you could be charged for damage to the door.

I skimmed what it said. So not 100% accurate on the details.
__________________
taylor3297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #480
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet
 
jeanigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 14,573

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
For folks doing FE, I saw a sticky the other day that said DCL will only let you use magnets on the doors. No tape or anything with an adhesive. Also, there was something about you could be charged for damage to the door.

I skimmed what it said. So not 100% accurate on the details.
DCL has asked for quite a while not to use tape or adhesive on the doors, hence magnets of all sorts and shapes and colors and sizes are used.

The FE gets hung from the fish outside your stateroom door, not on your door and is strung over it.

The door damage is referring to things like over the door pocket organizers which can scuff the paint. I have seen a few ideas on how to deal with this issue pop up here on the DIS and facebook as well.
__________________
__
You may call me Todd. Tiara Todd.__________I am fairly certain that if given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world. One sequin at a time.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.