Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #451
TorontoGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Ooooohhhhh I can't wait!!!!

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013...-ous-overhaul/

Looks exciting!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
By Brazilian does this mean the new restaurant will be more like 'Ohana with skewers of meat at the table or just themed for Brazil???

Personally love all the changes - Magic is an amazing ship but it did need some upgrades - Yeah to the Irish pub!

Too bad they couldn't add Aquaduck - loved it on the Dream - but the new nephews play area will be cute!

CHECK OUT MY 1st PTR

Past Trips
Early 1990s-Offsite? MK & EPCOT, Oct 08–WDW–Honeymoon–All-Star Music-Jazz, Mar 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz&Broadway & DCL–7 Night Western-Magic, Feb 10–WDW–All Star Movies-Dalmatians, Oct 10–DCL–7 Night Eastern-Magic, Mar 11-WDW-All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 11-DCL-4 Night Bahamas-Dream & WDW - Pop, Dec 11-WDW-All Star Sports-Tennis, Feb 29 - 24hrs in MK!, May 13-EEC, Oct 14-ToT10Miler, Jan 15-Dopey Challange
TorontoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #452
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGirl View Post

By Brazilian does this mean the new restaurant will be more like 'Ohana with skewers of meat at the table or just themed for Brazil???

Personally love all the changes - Magic is an amazing ship but it did need some upgrades - Yeah to the Irish pub!

Too bad they couldn't add Aquaduck - loved it on the Dream - but the new nephews play area will be cute!
OMG. Ohana. I'm in love.

I don't like O'Gills. I prefer Diversions. Honestly, does it matter? Lets face it, I'm not going to stop cruising anyways LOL!!!!!

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #453
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

If I could have had only one wish, it would definitely have been for the splash zone, I am beyond happy for this addition. The area they had for little ones was kind of an afterthought and a waste of space. I can't wait to see pictures of what they come up with for this!!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #454
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Ooh I hope we get an official announcement Friday!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 04-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #455
nicolet
On the Fantasy in November!

I'm happy if they can add the aqualab! My son spent a lot of time there! A lot of people just walk through to cool off! Can't wait for the official announcement.

nicolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #456
McDonald5
Mouseketeer

Eeeek!!! I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to see the official renderings and of course see it all in person in (less than) 6 months!!!

Disney Fantasy - 7 night Western Caribbean Oct-Nov 2013
McDonald5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:23 AM   #457
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
OMG. Ohana. I'm in love.

I don't like O'Gills. I prefer Diversions. Honestly, does it matter? Lets face it, I'm not going to stop cruising anyways LOL!!!!!

I'm not a huge fan od O'Gill's either. But to each his own.

I think an Ohana style restaurant would be really hard to pull off, but you never know. Disney does like to make the 'impossible' happen.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #458
TorontoGirl
Mouseketeer

Wondering why you don't like the pub??? I'm NOT a sports bar fan and never really went into it on my 14 nights on the Magic in the past...here at home my DH and I LOVE going to the pub!

I was excited to hear about it on the Fantasy and now the Magic as well

CHECK OUT MY 1st PTR

Past Trips
Early 1990s-Offsite? MK & EPCOT, Oct 08–WDW–Honeymoon–All-Star Music-Jazz, Mar 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 09–WDW–All-Star Music-Jazz&Broadway & DCL–7 Night Western-Magic, Feb 10–WDW–All Star Movies-Dalmatians, Oct 10–DCL–7 Night Eastern-Magic, Mar 11-WDW-All-Star Music-Jazz, Sep 11-DCL-4 Night Bahamas-Dream & WDW - Pop, Dec 11-WDW-All Star Sports-Tennis, Feb 29 - 24hrs in MK!, May 13-EEC, Oct 14-ToT10Miler, Jan 15-Dopey Challange
Old 04-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #459
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoGirl View Post
Wondering why you don't like the pub???
Small and dark. Its set up awkwardly. Diversions is open, bigger, brighter and inviting. Very fun to watch NFL games!

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #460
TorontoGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Small and dark. Its set up awkwardly. Diversions is open, bigger, brighter and inviting. Very fun to watch NFL games!

LOL Pubs are supposed to be dark I guess - I'm used to it in all the ones I hang out in! Plus I'm not an NFL fan so Diversions never held any real way for me

Plus I find most of the Dream/Fantasy badly laid out - hopefully better on the Magic!

CHECK OUT MY 1st PTR

Past Trips

Last edited by TorontoGirl; 04-24-2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Last comment!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #461
amandajunebug
Earning My Ears

First timers!

Hi!! This is my first time on Disboards, AND on a Disney cruise. There will be 4 of us cruising. Myself (Amanda 30), Mom (Cheryl 55), Husband (Andrew 32), and Son (Rowen 3). Super Excited and hope to meet others going on this cruise before we get on the ship!
amandajunebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #462
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandajunebug View Post
Hi!! This is my first time on Disboards, AND on a Disney cruise. There will be 4 of us cruising. Myself (Amanda 30), Mom (Cheryl 55), Husband (Andrew 32), and Son (Rowen 3). Super Excited and hope to meet others going on this cruise before we get on the ship!
Welcome aboard!!! You will love Disney cruising! (At least I hope you will love it as much as we do!)

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #463
amandajunebug
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post

Welcome aboard!!! You will love Disney cruising! (At least I hope you will love it as much as we do!)
Thanks! I hope I do too! I am really looking forward to bringing my little man on his first cruise. It will also be the first time he has seen Mickey NOT on tv. Should be interesting to see how he reacts!
amandajunebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #464
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I hope I do too! I am really looking forward to bringing my little man on his first cruise. It will also be the first time he has seen Mickey NOT on tv. Should be interesting to see how he reacts!
In my opinion, the character interaction on the ships is soooooo much better than in the parks. It's a more relaxed atmosphere...and you may even have random run-ins with characters too! We have never run into Mickey outside of a scheduled greeting, but I have bumped into Snow White (in Shutters), Alice a couple of times (stairway and a hallway near the Buena Vista Theatre), Donald (elevator), Stitch (near the future cruise sales desk), Minnie a couple of times near the atrium...just to name a few.

I have learned never to walk around without my camera while on the ship!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #465
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
In my opinion, the character interaction on the ships is soooooo much better than in the parks. It's a more relaxed atmosphere...and you may even have random run-ins with characters too! We have never run into Mickey outside of a scheduled greeting, but I have bumped into Snow White (in Shutters), Alice a couple of times (stairway and a hallway near the Buena Vista Theatre), Donald (elevator), Stitch (near the future cruise sales desk), Minnie a couple of times near the atrium...just to name a few.

I have learned never to walk around without my camera while on the ship!
I agree with Cindy 115%. Characters come out of the woodwork on the ship. It seems as though there are just as many meet and greets aboard as there are in the parks, only in a much smaller space. Mickey and friends are even in the terminal for meet and greets before the sailing (at least when sailing out of Port Canaveral).

On the Navigator (the ship's event schedule that you will receive nightly for the next day) there is a section that tells you when and where someone will be. It looks like a TV guide grid.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: