Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #376
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

We are in! I am soo beyond excited. This is our very first cruise ever! I have to admit I am a little nervous but also excited that it's right after the dry dock, but I'm sure it will be great!

We are a group of 4, I'm Gina - and I'm excited about just about everything about cruising. DH is Wes he's excited about getting to relax (as opposed to being super busy at WDW) but is worried about motion sickness, and DS Ethan - who will turn 10 2 days before we sail - he still doesn't believe me when I tell him that he can eat whenever and whatever he wants! (we'd never allow that at home - but hey if you can't have fun on a cruise what's the point?!) and DD Olivia who will be 8 when we sail, she already thinks she never wants to leave the kids clubs!

We can't wait - any advice anybody wants to throw my way I will gladly accept!

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #377
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Hi all from the Fantasy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
So jealous!
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #378
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

I meant to ask...do you think it's worth asking for specific dining rotations? We've never been on so everything will be new for us. I will probably try for a Palo brunch but not for dinner because I don't want to miss any of the MDRs.

Are there any specific MDR nights worth missing as well?
Old 03-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #379
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I meant to ask...do you think it's worth asking for specific dining rotations? We've never been on so everything will be new for us. I will probably try for a Palo brunch but not for dinner because I don't want to miss any of the MDRs.

Are there any specific MDR nights worth missing as well?
With only three MDR's we will repeat two of them. However, they will have different menus. There are only three options that would be available for dining, starting in Animator's Palete, Parrot Cay or Lumiere's. Then you follow the rotation (ex: APLAP, PLAPL, or LAPLA). Being a first time Disney cruiser, the odds are stacked against you for Palo brunch, but don't let that deter you!!!

I personally have never been a fan of the Pirate menu, so if I were to miss a MDR meal, it would be pirate night. (Now figuring which night is pirate night is the next challenge.)
Old 03-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #380
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
We are in! I am soo beyond excited. This is our very first cruise ever! I have to admit I am a little nervous but also excited that it's right after the dry dock, but I'm sure it will be great!

We are a group of 4, I'm Gina - and I'm excited about just about everything about cruising. DH is Wes he's excited about getting to relax (as opposed to being super busy at WDW) but is worried about motion sickness, and DS Ethan - who will turn 10 2 days before we sail - he still doesn't believe me when I tell him that he can eat whenever and whatever he wants! (we'd never allow that at home - but hey if you can't have fun on a cruise what's the point?!) and DD Olivia who will be 8 when we sail, she already thinks she never wants to leave the kids clubs!

Welcome aboard!!! Will you guys be participating in the FE as well? What a way to begin cruising...a Castaway Cay Double Dip!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #381
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor

With only three MDR's we will repeat two of them. However, they will have different menus. There are only three options that would be available for dining, starting in Animator's Palete, Parrot Cay or Lumiere's. Then you follow the rotation (ex: APLAP, PLAPL, or LAPLA). Being a first time Disney cruiser, the odds are stacked against you for Palo brunch, but don't let that deter you!!!

I personally have never been a fan of the Pirate menu, so if I were to miss a MDR meal, it would be pirate night. (Now figuring which night is pirate night is the next challenge.)
We are in concierge so I'm thinking we should be okay for the brunch. I wasn't planning to book a dinner since we've never been to the MDRs. :D

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #382
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Hi All!

We are in for the cruise as well! I'm interested in doing the FE...is that being organized here? If so, who should I PM? I'm sure that info is somewhere, I just have not gotten through all 23 pages yet!

This will be my 7th cruise, and the 4th on the Magic (she has my heart!).
Hi, Cindy.
A late welcome.
And thanks again for posting the Personal Navigators.

MeDH DD DS

Last edited by goeva; 03-12-2013 at 07:57 PM.
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #383
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Welcome aboard!!! Will you guys be participating in the FE as well? What a way to begin cruising...a Castaway Cay Double Dip!
Thanks! We were debating between the 4 night dream and the Magic double dip and thought the double dip sounded pretty cool.

I'm not sure about the FE yet. I know the kids would love it, but I'm hopeless with crafts and am thinking about how quickly the $ could add up, so we haven't decided yet.

Gina

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #384
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome aboard!!!

MeDH DD DS
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #385
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
We are in concierge so I'm thinking we should be okay for the brunch. I wasn't planning to book a dinner since we've never been to the MDRs. :D

Sweet! We did concierge on the Magic back in 2010 and loved it! You will have to let us know what, if any, changes were made during dry dock concerning concierge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeva View Post
Hi, Cindy.
A late welcome.
And thanks again for posting the Personal Navigators.

Oh my gosh! I completely forgot I posted those for you! So bummed there won't really be anyone taking the same itinerary as us prior to our sailing...and the last one that went (I believe 2010 or so) had Nassau and the sea day flipped. I guess those navigators could be useful still though!

Quote:
Thanks! We were debating between the 4 night dream and the Magic double dip and thought the double dip sounded pretty cool.

I'm not sure about the FE yet. I know the kids would love it, but I'm hopeless with crafts and am thinking about how quickly the $ could add up, so we haven't decided yet.

Gina
I'm hopeless with crafts too, but always manage to have fun with it regardless!

You will love the Magic!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #386
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo

Gina
By all means, go for it if you like. There's quite a group going it looks like :D. But don't feel that you have to. It's not really our thing so we won't be participating. But I'm all for chatting in the boards and planning!

I am having the hardest time waiting for this!i sure wish it was a 7 nighter though. I wanted to book on the extra 2 days sooooo bad the the price was ridiculous.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #387
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

I talked to DBF and it sounds as though we are in for the FE. I had to google pictures to describe what it was as I didn't have any of my DIS links handy. He is in charge of the actual FE, which could be rather...um...creative.

Any clue as to what the show schedule is for a 5 day? When do y'all think pirate night will be?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #388
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Any clue as to what the show schedule is for a 5 day? When do y'all think pirate night will be?
Pirate night is usually on Nassau night; I'm wondering if that will be altered for our cruise though since that would hold it off until night 4. I guess we will be kept waiting until they either update the Cruise Planner part of the website (the Pre-Arrival Guide under My Cruise Activities), or until our actual cruise! And for the record, I just checked the Pre-Arrival Guide and it is still not on there.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #389
nicolet
Double Dippin' in October!!!

We did the same cruise a couple of years ago. When we cruised we hit bad weather. They changed our sea day with Bahamas day. Pirate night was still on the Bahamas day. I don't know why they don't do it on the sea day because you can relax that day and nap. And be well rested.

So my money is on pirate night being on Bahamas day!

nicolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #390
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolet View Post
We did the same cruise a couple of years ago. When we cruised we hit bad weather. They changed our sea day with Bahamas day. Pirate night was still on the Bahamas day. I don't know why they don't do it on the sea day because you can relax that day and nap. And be well rested.

So my money is on pirate night being on Bahamas day!
To me Nassau day is like a sea day. Only some of the passengers vanish for a few hours. I'd prefer to just stay on the ship and kick back and relax. Have to go ashore though, let DBF wander around. He's never been out of the country (Canada and Tijuana don't count to us)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: