Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #376
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gulf Coast, FL
Posts: 586

We are in! I am soo beyond excited. This is our very first cruise ever! I have to admit I am a little nervous but also excited that it's right after the dry dock, but I'm sure it will be great!

We are a group of 4, I'm Gina - and I'm excited about just about everything about cruising. DH is Wes he's excited about getting to relax (as opposed to being super busy at WDW) but is worried about motion sickness, and DS Ethan - who will turn 10 2 days before we sail - he still doesn't believe me when I tell him that he can eat whenever and whatever he wants! (we'd never allow that at home - but hey if you can't have fun on a cruise what's the point?!) and DD Olivia who will be 8 when we sail, she already thinks she never wants to leave the kids clubs!


We can't wait - any advice anybody wants to throw my way I will gladly accept!
__________________
Something Feels Funny, I Must Be Thinking Too Hard. Winnie the Pooh

DH me DS 10 DD 9


WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #377
Bonniec
DIS Veteran
 
Bonniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Hi all from the Fantasy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
So jealous!
__________________
Bonniec is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #378
Bonniec
DIS Veteran
 
Bonniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,762

I meant to ask...do you think it's worth asking for specific dining rotations? We've never been on so everything will be new for us. I will probably try for a Palo brunch but not for dinner because I don't want to miss any of the MDRs.

Are there any specific MDR nights worth missing as well?
__________________
Bonniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #379
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet
 
jeanigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 14,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
I meant to ask...do you think it's worth asking for specific dining rotations? We've never been on so everything will be new for us. I will probably try for a Palo brunch but not for dinner because I don't want to miss any of the MDRs.

Are there any specific MDR nights worth missing as well?
With only three MDR's we will repeat two of them. However, they will have different menus. There are only three options that would be available for dining, starting in Animator's Palete, Parrot Cay or Lumiere's. Then you follow the rotation (ex: APLAP, PLAPL, or LAPLA). Being a first time Disney cruiser, the odds are stacked against you for Palo brunch, but don't let that deter you!!!

I personally have never been a fan of the Pirate menu, so if I were to miss a MDR meal, it would be pirate night. (Now figuring which night is pirate night is the next challenge.)
__________________
__
You may call me Todd. Tiara Todd.__________I am fairly certain that if given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world. One sequin at a time.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #380
iloverags2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
We are in! I am soo beyond excited. This is our very first cruise ever! I have to admit I am a little nervous but also excited that it's right after the dry dock, but I'm sure it will be great!

We are a group of 4, I'm Gina - and I'm excited about just about everything about cruising. DH is Wes he's excited about getting to relax (as opposed to being super busy at WDW) but is worried about motion sickness, and DS Ethan - who will turn 10 2 days before we sail - he still doesn't believe me when I tell him that he can eat whenever and whatever he wants! (we'd never allow that at home - but hey if you can't have fun on a cruise what's the point?!) and DD Olivia who will be 8 when we sail, she already thinks she never wants to leave the kids clubs!


We can't wait - any advice anybody wants to throw my way I will gladly accept!
Welcome aboard!!! Will you guys be participating in the FE as well? What a way to begin cruising...a Castaway Cay Double Dip!
__________________
Cindy


iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #381
Bonniec
DIS Veteran
 
Bonniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor

With only three MDR's we will repeat two of them. However, they will have different menus. There are only three options that would be available for dining, starting in Animator's Palete, Parrot Cay or Lumiere's. Then you follow the rotation (ex: APLAP, PLAPL, or LAPLA). Being a first time Disney cruiser, the odds are stacked against you for Palo brunch, but don't let that deter you!!!

I personally have never been a fan of the Pirate menu, so if I were to miss a MDR meal, it would be pirate night. (Now figuring which night is pirate night is the next challenge.)
We are in concierge so I'm thinking we should be okay for the brunch. I wasn't planning to book a dinner since we've never been to the MDRs. :D

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Bonniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #382
goeva
DIS Veteran
 
goeva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Hi All!

We are in for the cruise as well! I'm interested in doing the FE...is that being organized here? If so, who should I PM? I'm sure that info is somewhere, I just have not gotten through all 23 pages yet!

This will be my 7th cruise, and the 4th on the Magic (she has my heart!).
Hi, Cindy.
A late welcome.
And thanks again for posting the Personal Navigators.

__________________

MeDH DD DS

Last edited by goeva; 03-12-2013 at 07:57 PM.
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #383
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Gulf Coast, FL
Posts: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Welcome aboard!!! Will you guys be participating in the FE as well? What a way to begin cruising...a Castaway Cay Double Dip!
Thanks! We were debating between the 4 night dream and the Magic double dip and thought the double dip sounded pretty cool.

I'm not sure about the FE yet. I know the kids would love it, but I'm hopeless with crafts and am thinking about how quickly the $ could add up, so we haven't decided yet.

Gina
__________________
Something Feels Funny, I Must Be Thinking Too Hard. Winnie the Pooh

DH me DS 10 DD 9


WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #384
goeva
DIS Veteran
 
goeva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
We are in! I am soo beyond excited. This is our very first cruise ever! I have to admit I am a little nervous but also excited that it's right after the dry dock, but I'm sure it will be great!

We are a group of 4, I'm Gina - and I'm excited about just about everything about cruising. DH is Wes he's excited about getting to relax (as opposed to being super busy at WDW) but is worried about motion sickness, and DS Ethan - who will turn 10 2 days before we sail - he still doesn't believe me when I tell him that he can eat whenever and whatever he wants! (we'd never allow that at home - but hey if you can't have fun on a cruise what's the point?!) and DD Olivia who will be 8 when we sail, she already thinks she never wants to leave the kids clubs!


We can't wait - any advice anybody wants to throw my way I will gladly accept!
Welcome aboard!!!

__________________

MeDH DD DS
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:16 PM   #385
iloverags2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
We are in concierge so I'm thinking we should be okay for the brunch. I wasn't planning to book a dinner since we've never been to the MDRs. :D

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Sweet! We did concierge on the Magic back in 2010 and loved it! You will have to let us know what, if any, changes were made during dry dock concerning concierge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeva View Post
Hi, Cindy.
A late welcome.
And thanks again for posting the Personal Navigators.

Oh my gosh! I completely forgot I posted those for you! So bummed there won't really be anyone taking the same itinerary as us prior to our sailing...and the last one that went (I believe 2010 or so) had Nassau and the sea day flipped. I guess those navigators could be useful still though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
Thanks! We were debating between the 4 night dream and the Magic double dip and thought the double dip sounded pretty cool.

I'm not sure about the FE yet. I know the kids would love it, but I'm hopeless with crafts and am thinking about how quickly the $ could add up, so we haven't decided yet.

Gina
I'm hopeless with crafts too, but always manage to have fun with it regardless!

You will love the Magic!
__________________
Cindy


iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #386
Bonniec
DIS Veteran
 
Bonniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo

I'm not sure about the FE yet. I know the kids would love it, but I'm hopeless with crafts and am thinking about how quickly the $ could add up, so we haven't decided yet.

Gina
By all means, go for it if you like. There's quite a group going it looks like :D. But don't feel that you have to. It's not really our thing so we won't be participating. But I'm all for chatting in the boards and planning!


I am having the hardest time waiting for this!i sure wish it was a 7 nighter though. I wanted to book on the extra 2 days sooooo bad the the price was ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Bonniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #387
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet
 
jeanigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 14,584

I talked to DBF and it sounds as though we are in for the FE. I had to google pictures to describe what it was as I didn't have any of my DIS links handy. He is in charge of the actual FE, which could be rather...um...creative.

Any clue as to what the show schedule is for a 5 day? When do y'all think pirate night will be?
__________________
__
You may call me Todd. Tiara Todd.__________I am fairly certain that if given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world. One sequin at a time.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #388
iloverags2
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Any clue as to what the show schedule is for a 5 day? When do y'all think pirate night will be?
Pirate night is usually on Nassau night; I'm wondering if that will be altered for our cruise though since that would hold it off until night 4. I guess we will be kept waiting until they either update the Cruise Planner part of the website (the Pre-Arrival Guide under My Cruise Activities), or until our actual cruise! And for the record, I just checked the Pre-Arrival Guide and it is still not on there.
__________________
Cindy


iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #389
nicolet
Double Dippin' in October!!!
 
nicolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 196

We did the same cruise a couple of years ago. When we cruised we hit bad weather. They changed our sea day with Bahamas day. Pirate night was still on the Bahamas day. I don't know why they don't do it on the sea day because you can relax that day and nap. And be well rested.

So my money is on pirate night being on Bahamas day!
__________________
"Scars are like tattoos but with better stories"
Survived Leukemia!

nicolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #390
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet
 
jeanigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 14,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolet View Post
We did the same cruise a couple of years ago. When we cruised we hit bad weather. They changed our sea day with Bahamas day. Pirate night was still on the Bahamas day. I don't know why they don't do it on the sea day because you can relax that day and nap. And be well rested.

So my money is on pirate night being on Bahamas day!
To me Nassau day is like a sea day. Only some of the passengers vanish for a few hours. I'd prefer to just stay on the ship and kick back and relax. Have to go ashore though, let DBF wander around. He's never been out of the country (Canada and Tijuana don't count to us)
__________________
__
You may call me Todd. Tiara Todd.__________I am fairly certain that if given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world. One sequin at a time.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.