Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #346
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald5 View Post
Just booked this cruise (room 8588) for our FIRST cruise (first anything Disney too, actually)!! Soooo excited to see our kids faces!! OK, I'll admit it, I'm excited for myself too. Not sure if I'll do the FE, yet, though.
Welcome aboard!

Be excited for everyone, as it is a total family experience!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #347
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Even though it is only a 5 day sailing, it will require a full week off of work for both of us. I am planning on heading back to WDW after we disembark. Hitting up Epcot (maybe a little Drink Around the World & Food + Wine Festival). Animal Kingdom Saturday morning and then a Mickey's Not So Scary on Saturday Night. Depending on when our flight is on Sunday, we may do Hollywood Studios on Sunday. (If not, we'll do it two weeks later when we're down for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon.)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #348
goiu
Mouseketeer

Well, we are switching cruises. We realized for the same price we can go on the Galveston cruise for 7 nights. Although, it only has one stop at CC. Have a great trip everyone!!
goiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #349
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor
Even though it is only a 5 day sailing, it will require a full week off of work for both of us. I am planning on heading back to WDW after we disembark. Hitting up Epcot (maybe a little Drink Around the World & Food + Wine Festival). Animal Kingdom Saturday morning and then a Mickey's Not So Scary on Saturday Night. Depending on when our flight is on Sunday, we may do Hollywood Studios on Sunday. (If not, we'll do it two weeks later when we're down for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon.)
Same here... We did the Oct 20 sailing las year and added on 4 days at the end. Definitely doing the MNSSHP again .... Our kids had a BLAST! I'll have to wait and see how long I can squeeze out of work.... They hate when we take more than a week. Ugh.

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #350
TheBeadPirate
Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

Well, we are finally back at it again. I would love to spend more than a night or two at a time in my own bed.

We did another cruise for Superbowl and had a blast!

I'm working back in New Orleans and you should have heard some of the stories from the people coming off of the Triumph!

Things are updated on page 1.

If someone would like to take ownership of a meet and greet on embarkation day let me know the time and place and if there's a gift exchange and I'll get it added.

If anyone else would like to join the FE list send me a PM- cabin number, # of peeps, kids-boy/girl their ages at cruising, any allergies, names if you want (we had some personalized gifts last time round)

Sooo, with costume talk going around- do you think they'll do it on our cruise?

I believe 2012 Halloween was only the cruise before and the cruise on Halloween- that'd be the 2 day and the one after for this year.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #351
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeadPirate View Post
Sooo, with costume talk going around- do you think they'll do it on our cruise?

I believe 2012 Halloween was only the cruise before and the cruise on Halloween- that'd be the 2 day and the one after for this year.
Welcome back stranger!!

We are working on a costume, regardless of whether DCL is hosting an event or not. I wouldn't dare go to a Halloween party in travel clothes!
Old 02-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #352
ethanash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor

Welcome back stranger!!

We are working on a costume, regardless of whether DCL is hosting an event or not. I wouldn't dare go to a Halloween party in travel clothes!
We'll be doing MNSSHP so a costume is in our luggage regardless.

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #353
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Greetings from the Dominican Republic! We're having a nice vacation, but I am REALLY looking forward to the ways Disney makes things family friendly. Our room has sharp corners, steep steps, hard floors, low-level electronics and no door leading to the bathroom. Lots of breakable trinkets and no kids menu or dishes. I also don't feel comfortable leaving Elliot with the childcare here, which are all not problems that I foresee with our cruise. God bless those wizards of family entertainment! On the upside, most gorgeous hotel ever, very friendly staff, absolutely perfect pools and biggest bed I've ever seen.
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #354
ethanash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue
Greetings from the Dominican Republic! We're having a nice vacation, but I am REALLY looking forward to the ways Disney makes things family friendly. Our room has sharp corners, steep steps, hard floors, low-level electronics and no door leading to the bathroom. Lots of breakable trinkets and no kids menu or dishes. I also don't feel comfortable leaving Elliot with the childcare here, which are all not problems that I foresee with our cruise. God bless those wizards of family entertainment! On the upside, most gorgeous hotel ever, very friendly staff, absolutely perfect pools and biggest bed I've ever seen.
Have a great time! We'll be sailing away sooner than we think.....

Old 02-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #355
Yensidfan
Mouseketeer

We are cruising with you all again.
Please add us to the roll call.

yensidfan
Pete& Faith
Platinum CC
Yensidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #356
McDonald5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Welcome aboard!

Be excited for everyone, as it is a total family experience!
Thanks!! I am. Really the only one not excited is DH. He's convinced himself that he won't like it before we even set sail. I'm hoping to win him over though.

Disney Fantasy - 7 night Western Caribbean Oct-Nov 2013
McDonald5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #357
ethanash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald5

Thanks!! I am. Really the only one not excited is DH. He's convinced himself that he won't like it before we even set sail. I'm hoping to win him over though.
Not possible.... He'll love it!

Old 02-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #358
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

We're transfering off!! Sorry, we'll miss you!!

Ok, so I'll be the next bearer of bad news, we're off this cruise also!! We're not sure when my son will test for black belt in Oct, so we're doing a Double Dip Double Dip back2back trip next year!! Have fun all!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #359
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

So do you think all the menus will change?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 02-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #360
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
So do you think all the menus will change?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
If nothing else, I hope the vegetarian options improve!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: