Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #301
mickeycruisemaniac
Crazy 4 Cruisin

Joining in... This will be our 8th Disney cruise, there are 3 of us traveling, Me (Disney Fanatic), DH (I think he loves Disney more than he admits) and DS (14). We were also on the FANTASTIC Oct 20, 2012 Fantasy cruise, we missed going to Castaway so much that we needed to book this Double Dip, and take advantage of the extra % off .

Excited to see the Changes to the Magic, wondering what they will be. Thanks goes to Scott for posting those "Confidential" pictures on his blog, they were gone by the time I saw the thread on the DIS.

Has anyone heard anything about changes expected in the Vibe, or any changes to the shows on the ship? We would be excited to see a new show (or 2) on board!

Also excited about leaving out of Miami, looking everywhere I can to find information about leaving from there. Not a lot of trip reports from MIA yet, hoping some more show up.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #302
IndigoMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeycruisemaniac View Post
Joining in... This will be our 8th Disney cruise, there are 3 of us traveling, Me (Disney Fanatic), DH (I think he loves Disney more than he admits) and DS (14). We were also on the FANTASTIC Oct 20, 2012 Fantasy cruise, we missed going to Castaway so much that we needed to book this Double Dip, and take advantage of the extra % off .

Excited to see the Changes to the Magic, wondering what they will be. Thanks goes to Scott for posting those "Confidential" pictures on his blog, they were gone by the time I saw the thread on the DIS.

Has anyone heard anything about changes expected in the Vibe, or any changes to the shows on the ship? We would be excited to see a new show (or 2) on board!

Also excited about leaving out of Miami, looking everywhere I can to find information about leaving from there. Not a lot of trip reports from MIA yet, hoping some more show up.

Cheryl and family!

There's a Facebook group as well.

-Anni
IndigoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #303
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
ABOARD!!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #304
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeycruisemaniac
Us too! I know Port Canaveral like the back of my hand but we've never been to Miami!!! I was toying with driving up AM of the cruise, but am leaning towards the night before - I think if we do this we might get to see the Magic sail in!!! Yay!!!

Woo hoo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #305
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Welcome, all you fine-lookin newcomers!!

We're contemplating a red-eye flight the night before we set sail, but still totally unsure. We're doing a red eye to Dominican Republic in a couple weeks, so we'll see if we get the baby to sleep through it or if it's a disaster! Anyone have any good tips for traveling with a one and a half year old??! We're stumped, it's his first flight and first vacation!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #306
mickeycruisemaniac
Crazy 4 Cruisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post

We're contemplating a red-eye flight the night before we set sail, but still totally unsure. We're doing a red eye to Dominican Republic in a couple weeks, so we'll see if we get the baby to sleep through it or if it's a disaster! Anyone have any good tips for traveling with a one and a half year old??! We're stumped, it's his first flight and first vacation!
Snacks, books (for the baby) and lots of love! You will all be fine. Make it an Adventure.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #307
IndigoMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post

Cheryl gave great tips and I would second Snacks! a great variety of snacks Also, an iPod touch or similar thing loaded with music, shows, movies that have/can entertain him. New toys just for the flight there and back, too, may help.

Eva, I hope y'all have an awesome time!

Anni
Old 02-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #308
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Big thanks to both of you! I love the idea of new toys and of lots of books. I think we'll get new toys and new books, and maybe bring a large flat pillow for the plane that we can lay across our laps as a faux mattress for him to sleep on. Great tips guys, thanks again!
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #309
first timers
DIS Veteran

We are on board

We are booked on the cruise, we want to see what they do in dry dock. We are in 6574. Please include us for the FE list. Alex
05/14/05 1st Panama Canal Cruise 05/28/05 1st West Coast Cruise
09/07/2006 1st 10-day Wonder Cruise 09/17/2006 1st 11-day Wonder Cruise
05/12/2007 1st Transatlantic Cruise 05/26/07 1st Mediteranen Cruise
06/05/10 1st Bacelona to Dover Cruise 06/12/10 1st Baltic Cruise
02/06/11 Maiden Voyage Dream 04/27/11 1st LA to Vancouver Cruise05/3/11 1st Alaska Cruise
first timers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #310
IndigoMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by first timers View Post
We are booked on the cruise, we want to see what they do in dry dock. We are in 6574. Please include us for the FE list. Alex

Alex and family!!

Cool cruise history!!!

Anni
Old 02-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #311
Silverfox97

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoMickey

Alex and family!!

Cool cruise history!!!

Anni
I second that!!! Maiden voyage of the Magic!! The Baltics!!! Wow!!!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 02-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #312
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by first timers View Post

MeDH DD DS
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #313
Silverfox97

Did you guys see that the Magic is going to be in Funchal on 10/16? That's only 4 days to make it to Miami by 10/20 to start this cruise. Usually they do it in 6 sea days.

I Wonder if 2-night cruise to no where is a buffer?!?

Last edited by Silverfox97; 02-09-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #314
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Did you guys see that the Magic is going to be in Funchal on 10/16? That's only 4 days to make it to Miami by 10/20 to start this cruise. Usually they do it in 6 sea days.

I Wonder if 2-night cruise to no where is a buffer?!?
They might can do the crossing in 4 days instead of 6 since there won't be passengers coming to Miami, just the crew.

Couldn't do the 2 day cruise to nowhere as a buffer since it is after the 5 night. This would mess up too many peoples travel dates.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #315
Silverfox97

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297

They might can do the crossing in 4 days instead of 6 since there won't be passengers coming to Miami, just the crew.

Couldn't do the 2 day cruise to nowhere as a buffer since it is after the 5 night. This would mess up too many peoples travel dates.
Hmmm... Well, it doesn't matter about passengers or not, really. The ship cannot make a transatlantic in less than 6 days on its current engines, even at full cruising speed. If it gets new engines, potentially it can though.

And yes, Disney can change cruises & mess up travel plans and has before, so I certainly wouldn't put it past them. The did it as recently as last year with a Med cruise.

Do I want them to? Heck no! Is it possible? Sure. Crossing fingers!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: