Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #271
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Hello, all! Well, I had a little outpatient surgery yesterday, so now I'm pent up and figured it was a good time to get caught up on all things Disney! I guess it's too early to start the buzz on packing essentials and excursion wish-lists, isn't it? So here's a question for you all... With all the buzz in the air about what people are hoping to see different after dry dock, anything in particular that you hope stays just as it is??? I for one LOVE the double staircase in the atrium, and would be sad to see that go. I also really love the pool in the adult area, that dunk dank on the Fantasy really didn't do it for me. Any other favorites???
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #272
goeva
DIS Veteran

Wow! Eva,

The drawing you did on Facebook is awesome.

MeDH DD DS

Last edited by goeva; 01-24-2013 at 06:06 PM.
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #273
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Hey, thanks! I was gonna wait until a little later to start working on colors and converting it to a graphic, but I start school again on Monday (weirdest timing, I know) so maybe I better get a move on lest the time slip away!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #274
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

The online costume shops that I have ordered stuff from in the past are now sending year round e-mail flyers. My first thought was "What am I going to be this time on the Magic?"
Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #275
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor
The online costume shops that I have ordered stuff from in the past are now sending year round e-mail flyers. My first thought was "What am I going to be this time on the Magic?"
Dashing?
Debonair?
Dazzling?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #276
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Dashing?
Debonair?
Dazzling?
There were some great costumes last year. The two roman gladiators made an impact.

May or may not be cruising solo, so I need to have options.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #277
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Costumes for what?
Old 01-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #278
goeva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec
Costumes for what?
Adult costume contest.

MeDH DD DS
goeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #279
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

I am flirting with the idea of a villain this time around! We opted out last year, we just ran out of time before sailing! Plus we'd already put out a hefty chunk of change for both our pirate gear and my Jessica Rabbit formal wear. Now that we already have some of the cruising essentials we can re-use, I think we'll have some fun with Halloween costumes!!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #280
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Is this something DCL always does, is it a Halloween thing, or a Dis thing?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #281
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Bonnie- on the Oct 20th sailing on the Fantasy last year, we had sponsored events. A costume contest and some other things hosted by the cruise staff. Someone else may be able to give you a better account, since Von and I didn't participate, but once we get closer to our sail date, DCL will send out info on which cruises are celebrating the holiday and how!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #282
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

If I can recall correctly there are Halloween festivities (adult costume contests, trick or treating for the kiddos, "themed" desserts and menu options) across all of the DCL ships for at least the last two weeks of October. As Eva said, DCL didn't announce anything officially until much closer to sail date, but it is something to be expected; much akin to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. (Except the party is free on DCL, no added costs!!)

Most folks in our group (I would say 29 out of 31) dressed up in some fashion on the Fantasy last year. One of us even got chosen to compete in "funniest costume". The contest was held in the atrium around 10:45pm. As we had second dining, we wore our costumes to dinner and had a hoot.

A fair number of folks wore their costumes to the nightclub afterward. (I changed into an alternate costume--as I love to over pack.)

On an unrelated note, my bf agreed to sailing with us over the weekend. He is a first time cruiser and I am so excited to show him the beauty of DCL. He isn't the biggest of Disney fans, but enjoys it enough. Now I have to go back and rethink my cabin choice and whatnot. Would you want a sideways 11B for your first cruise?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:40 PM   #283
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Ok....here it goes!!!

We are currently booked in the Oct 12th Western on the Fantasy........BUT........

Tonight, moved a dummy booking to this cruise (plus the 2-night cruise to nowhere)!!!!!

We've got about 6 months to decide which ones to keep.....

Its myself, DH (ssanders79) & DD who will be 6 1/2 at the time of sailing. We have been on 7 DCL cruises & will be on our 8th cruise in March (38 days!!! - it will be our 3rd trip on the Fantasy). We have been on two double dips (one each on the Wonder & Magic). Scott (DH) is about desperate to get on this cruise post-dry dock!!!

The only reservation I have is DD missing 5 days of school (instead of just 4 on the Fantasy), and the double drive to Miami from Tampa. We are booked & I have a feeling that this will be the cruise we keep!!!

Just wanted to pop over and say hi!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #284
IndigoMickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Ok....here it goes!!!

We are currently booked in the Oct 12th Western on the Fantasy........BUT........

Tonight, moved a dummy booking to this cruise (plus the 2-night cruise to nowhere)!!!!!

We've got about 6 months to decide which ones to keep.....

Its myself, DH (ssanders79) & DD who will be 6 1/2 at the time of sailing. We have been on 7 DCL cruises & will be on our 8th cruise in March (38 days!!! - it will be our 3rd trip on the Fantasy). We have been on two double dips (one each on the Wonder & Magic). Scott (DH) is about desperate to get on this cruise post-dry dock!!!

The only reservation I have is DD missing 5 days of school (instead of just 4 on the Fantasy), and the double drive to Miami from Tampa. We are booked & I have a feeling that this will be the cruise we keep!!!

Just wanted to pop over and say hi!!!

I've really appreciated your advice on the DIS. It'd be great to have your family join us..

-Anni

Last edited by IndigoMickey; 12-08-2014 at 04:44 PM.
IndigoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #285
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoMickey

I've really appreciated your advice on the DIS and mentioning www.CruiseCritic.com. It'd be great to have your family join us..

-Anni
Thanks Anni I would say its looking good Wish we had the capital and vacation time to do all 3 cruises!!! I think we are leaning towards keeping this plus the 2-night following. Now to try & figure out Port of Miami logistics.....

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: