Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #181
TheBeadPirate
Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuetink

Did you make it back alright??? Haven't seen you on since this post and didn't know if that OTHER ship had ruined you!!!
We made it back. We had a great time and got to try some new ports. I believe we talked a couple more friends into booking this cruise though!

Trying to get caught up from the holidays and the new year. I'll update everything probably tomorrow. Glad we have some more cruisers joining us!
Old 12-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #182
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Hello everybody. I have an interest in joining this cruise. Can anybody tell me how I can find out how many (# or %) rooms are still available?

Thank you for your time, and Happy New Year!!

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-29-2012, 11:26 PM   #183
TheBeadPirate
Button Maker Magician & Blinkie toting Sherpa

I have gotten another pm about FEs.

I anyone is interested in the fish extender exchange (FE exchange) please PM me your details- screenname, # adults, # kids, ages/sexes of kids, real names, cabin number, any allergies etc.

I'll add it to the spreadsheet and the listing in post 2.

Thanks!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #184
ethanash1
A little bit of Pixie Dust can fix almost anything......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee
Hello everybody. I have an interest in joining this cruise. Can anybody tell me how I can find out how many (# or %) rooms are still available?

Thank you for your time, and Happy New Year!!
I would call DCL and they can look up availability. You can always go online too. Put in the category you want to see and are interested in, and then look and see how many cabins pop up when you click "choose cabin" . That will at least give you some idea of what categories are still available.
Are there 8 cabins to choose from? Or only 2? Then just keep an eye on it. Hope you join us!!

Port Orleans French Quarter March 2009Disney Magic Western Caribbean March 2010
Disneyland VGC June 2010Disneyland VGC Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
ethanash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #185
FIREFLY01
MARRIED MY PRINCE CHARMING IN THE MOST MAGICAL PLACE ON EARTH

i know when i booked other day there were only 2 1 bedroom suites left and none of the bigger
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1651923 WEDDING PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1719760 WEDDING TR

I MARRIED THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IN DISNEY WORLD!!

FIREFLY01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #186
dizneekrazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREFLY01
i know when i booked other day there were only 2 1 bedroom suites left and none of the bigger
That's fine, we don't need a suite. Will check the other rooms when I get home.

Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
Old 12-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #187
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Are we going to plan on having a Meet & Greet on boarding day?

We did this on our last cruise and we all met at the Promenade Lounge at around 3:00pm. We also did a gift exchange for anyone who wanted to participate, but it certainly wasn't a requirement to come to the Meet & Greet. Those who participated brought a gift that was something significant to where they lived. It was a lot of fun meeting everyone and getting to know who you all are prior to sailing, and then meeting familiar faces during the cruise!! Everyone was given a name tag with their first name and their DIS name so you knew who was who from here!!

Just a thought!!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #188
ethanash1

Quote:
Are we going to plan on having a Meet & Greet on boarding day?

We did this on our last cruise and we all met at the Promenade Lounge at around 3:00pm. We also did a gift exchange for anyone who wanted to participate, but it certainly wasn't a requirement to come to the Meet & Greet. Those who participated brought a gift that was something significant to where they lived. It was a lot of fun meeting everyone and getting to know who you all are prior to sailing, and then meeting familiar faces during the cruise!! Everyone was given a name tag with their first name and their DIS name so you knew who was who from here!!

Just a thought!!!
Sounds fun! I would be up for that....... For the gift exchange, was it a single gift for a random person, like white elephant? Or everyone attending gets a gift from each person?

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2011 Walt Disney World / Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean October 2012Aulani Resort June 2013 Disney Magic Double Dip October 2013
Old 12-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #189
dizneekrazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanash1 View Post
I would call DCL and they can look up availability. You can always go online too. Put in the category you want to see and are interested in, and then look and see how many cabins pop up when you click "choose cabin" . That will at least give you some idea of what categories are still available.
Are there 8 cabins to choose from? Or only 2? Then just keep an eye on it. Hope you join us!!
I've just called DCL, and was assured that there is still plenty of availablity. Same with the other cruise I am looking at.

Now, to talk the 2 ships/itineraries over with the other party, and most importantly, the kids, and hear their opinions.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #190
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Sounds fun! I would be up for that....... For the gift exchange, was it a single gift for a random person, like white elephant? Or everyone attending gets a gift from each person?
Everyone brings one gift and everyone leaves with one gift!! I think we put all the names in a hat and picked the names one at a time, when your name was picked you went up and picked a gift and then picked the next name. We didn't open the gifts till everyone had one to ensure that the last person didn't get the gift they brought!! There were some fun and interesting gifts!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
Old 12-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #191
ethanash1

Quote:

Everyone brings one gift and everyone leaves with one gift!! I think we put all the names in a hat and picked the names one at a time, when your name was picked you went up and picked a gift and then picked the next name. We didn't open the gifts till everyone had one to ensure that the last person didn't get the gift they brought!! There were some fun and interesting gifts!!
That sounds like fun! I would be in.... We should put a $$ limit so we have a guideline.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #192
rescuetink

Quote:
That sounds like fun! I would be in.... We should put a $$ limit so we have a guideline.
I think we set it at around $10.00 and under. If I remember right we brought saltwater taffy from Ocean City, NJ!! And we brought an extra box for our room steward!!

Old 12-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #193
ethanash1

Quote:

I think we set it at around $10.00 and under. If I remember right we brought saltwater taffy from Ocean City, NJ!! And we brought an extra box for our room steward!!
Sounds good!

Old 12-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #194
rescuetink

So I finally listed my DVC points for rent so I can pay for this cruise!! It wasn't on for more then a few minutes and I'm already getting requests!!

Old 12-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #195
rescuetink

Sharing with my cruising peeps!!!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...rkA/edit?pli=1

It hasn't been updated in awhile, but i don't think it misses much!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: