Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #151
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Welcome! Glad you found us
WHEW!!!! ME TOO!!!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)
rescuetink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #152
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any good pictures or advice about FE gifts for a first-timer? All the pictures I was googling showed that the pouches on the FEs look really small. How does everything fit?! Are the gifts always really little?
EvaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #153
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post
Does anyone have any good pictures or advice about FE gifts for a first-timer? All the pictures I was googling showed that the pouches on the FEs look really small. How does everything fit?! Are the gifts always really little?
Whenever there was a FE gift that wouldn't fit into a pouch, I have seen them propped up against the stateroom door.

Sometimes the stateroom host would bring it in and lay it on the bed, sometimes they would leave it outside to be discovered.

Depending upon how it is fashioned, the pouches can hold a bunch of loot.

And I have seen some pretty creative FE. Not just pouches.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #154
rescuetink
DDC Member #428 A DCL Loving Family!! Who are all you Diser's?? Where did you come from?? And who made you ALL so helpful?? It's a disease I think!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisneyfrommd View Post
I'm a Lieutenant (and Paramedic for the fire department) and she's now an Emergency Room nurse.
Quote:
I'm also an ER nurse!
So I'll be the cop and we'll have those bases covered!!

Quote:
I love this!

The Magic is a very special ship. I'm expecting a LOT of repeat cruisers, given the itinerary, it's nice to have some first-timers, too!
It's true that there are less people, but it's also a smaller space, so it can still get crowded, but it manages to be somehow less hectic.
VERY SPECIAL!! I totally agree!! And with all the times we've been on it I personally never found it crowded!! We really do love her!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
I feel left out not being in the medical field. I'm in commercial construction.
We gotta cover all the professional areas!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksinglet View Post
Anyone staying in Miami the night before? We're starting to look at hotels - stayed at the Marriott Biscayne pre-cruise years ago, and LOVED being able to see the ships/port when we woke up the morning of the cruise. Debating on whether or not to use the DCL transfers/hotels.
350 days!
We will stay in Miami the night before, but I haven't even begun to look at places. I will most likely make my own transfer arrangements this time. I've come to find out over the years that if you arrange your own transport you get on the ship much earlier than with DCL.[/QUOTE]

Just booked, but that will probably be the game plan so we can be on board first thing!!! And we'll definitely go cheaper and get our own transportation!!

Quote:
I want a t-shirt with Mickey standing in the rain hitch hiking with a sign that says "Castaway Cay or bust!"
Quote:
I love designing. I'd be happy to do it, but maybe wait until we're a little closer to the time to make sure a fair amount of opinions are heard!
Can't wait to see them!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
I founded it!

Fish Extender Primer

If there is anything that is obsolete or needs to be edited, let me know and I can see what I can do.
I have an FE spreadsheet that was given to me on our last cruise, but I didn;t do it for that cruise!! -----> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WWXRyUnc#gid=0

Quote:
This is great for this.... http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378

Oh yea, and I did this ----> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...TnQeDYrkA/edit

From this -----> http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post46945206

But I haven't updated it in awhile!!!

May 2001 Land & Sea on the Wonder (Pre Kids) : May 2006 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2009 7 Day Disney Magic : May 2010 7 Days In WDW at AKV Kidani :
November 2011 7 Day Disney Magic Double Dip : October 19-25, 2014 WDW at BLT (Our other home!)

Last edited by rescuetink; 12-18-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #155
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Thanks, rescuetink! And if you join the Facebook group, I have my sketch up, I have never been able to work out how to post it on here! I also find the Magic very open and easy to find a peaceful spot if you want it. Although the only cabin I ever had was smaller than a prison cell, haha, so I am excited to be a guest for the first time!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #156
rescuetink

Quote:
Thanks, rescuetink! And if you join the Facebook group, I have my sketch up, I have never been able to work out how to post it on here! I also find the Magic very open and easy to find a peaceful spot if you want it. Although the only cabin I ever had was smaller than a prison cell, haha, so I am excited to be a guest for the first time!
Nice sketch!!! I can't wait!!!

Old 12-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #157
AladdinsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Hello! We just booked this cruise. We've always wanted to do a CC double dip! This will be our 10th Disney cruise too so lots of reasons to be excited. We're just 2 adults, late 30s, so no FE for us but happy to have other people to be excited with!! Let the countdown begin...
AladdinsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #158
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Welcome! We all have double dip fever, glad you could join the party!
Old 12-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #159
rescuetink

Quote:
Originally Posted by AladdinsPrincess View Post
Hello! We just booked this cruise. We've always wanted to do a CC double dip! This will be our 10th Disney cruise too so lots of reasons to be excited. We're just 2 adults, late 30s, so no FE for us but happy to have other people to be excited with!! Let the countdown begin...
Well, we'll just have to make sure we have a cruise meet and gift exchange!!

ABOARD!!!!

Merry Christmas to all my future cruisers!! I can't wait to meet you all!!!

Old 12-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #160
EvaSue
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas, everybody! I work tomorrow (Christmas Day) so today was our "Christmas". Had a great day with family, and I got a little cam corder which I'm really excited about! Definitely something I wish I'd had on our last cruise. Hoping for an uneventful day in the ER tomorrow and for a very happy holiday for all my cruising buddies, new and old! (Not THAT kind of "old" Cyndi, calm down! Lol)
Old 12-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #161
rescuetink

Quote:
Merry Christmas, everybody! I work tomorrow (Christmas Day) so today was our "Christmas". Had a great day with family, and I got a little cam corder which I'm really excited about! Definitely something I wish I'd had on our last cruise. Hoping for an uneventful day in the ER tomorrow and for a very happy holiday for all my cruising buddies, new and old! (Not THAT kind of "old" Cyndi, calm down! Lol)
I pray for a very boring day for you!! Merry Christmas!!

Last edited by rescuetink; 12-25-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #162
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Merry Christmas! Sorry you have to work. I had to the last three days and felt sorry enough for myself. Some of my patients were definitely not in the holiday spirit. Hopefully it's a very smooth day!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #163
goiu
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! We just booked this cruise. We just got off of the Wonder on Sunday. We did the PC cruise. It was the best vacation we've ever had! So, we'll see how this short cruise is. This will be our 8th Disney cruise. We've actually done this 5 day before a few years ago. We only got to go to CC one day, though, since the other day the Magic couldn't make it in. We would love to do the FE. It will be me (DW), DH, DD 7 and DS 4 in room 6540. Also, we surprised my inlaws on Christmas and told them that we are taking them on the this cruise with us. It will be there first cruise! I don't think they'll want to do the FE. Although, I'll ask them and see.

Dreaming already of being on the boat!
Lisa
goiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #164
rescuetink

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiu View Post
Hi everyone! We just booked this cruise. We just got off of the Wonder on Sunday. We did the PC cruise. It was the best vacation we've ever had! So, we'll see how this short cruise is. This will be our 8th Disney cruise. We've actually done this 5 day before a few years ago. We only got to go to CC one day, though, since the other day the Magic couldn't make it in. We would love to do the FE. It will be me (DW), DH, DD 7 and DS 4 in room 6540. Also, we surprised my inlaws on Christmas and told them that we are taking them on the this cruise with us. It will be there first cruise! I don't think they'll want to do the FE. Although, I'll ask them and see.

Dreaming already of being on the boat!
Lisa
Aboard!!! You got us beat, it'll be DW and my 5th DCL trip!! This cruise group is also on FB!!

Old 12-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #165
FIREFLY01
MARRIED MY PRINCE CHARMING IN THE MOST MAGICAL PLACE ON EARTH

WOO HOO WE JUST BOOKED THIS CRUISE!!!

this will be our 4th dcl magic cruise and 3rd double dip!!! i recognize some of the names fr our nov 2011 double dip.. cant wait to see you all again
we would love to join the FE again!

our info- DW-Bobbie-Lynn turning 37 on cruise (firefighter/paramedic)
DH- David 32 (Pilot)
DD- Savannah 4
Room # 8522 forward
we are from palm beach florida so driving to miami that morning
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1651923 WEDDING PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1719760 WEDDING TR

I MARRIED THE LOVE OF MY LIFE IN DISNEY WORLD!!

FIREFLY01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: