Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #1276
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I hate getting wet on rides (wet underwear and socks really really bug me), but Splash is a true original. It's just one that you have to do. I think Maddie's going to give it another shot this year, which means that I get to too!
Old 02-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #1277
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Ahhh I love Splash Mountain too! But really though, how can anyone not love it? Such a great ride.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #1278
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I hope you know I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty! I just wanted to let you know why I didn't find your TR at first haha! I actually went searching for it... I really should start looking at the TR boards. But there are always so many!
Of course not, silly. But I did want to stop by and let you know I was reading along. Let you know I was still here and loving your TR
Old 02-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #1279
jecskc
DIS Veteran

I haven't been on Splash in a while, but I plan on riding our next trip. One time we got stopped right in front of the water cannon and we were SOAKED !!! Like wring our your underpants, ride on Kali River Rapids soaked. So I may have to bring a change of clothes. Or maybe not since we are staying at BLT and can just walk back over and change clothes <snap> Just like that.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #1280
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I love Splash Mountain!! I love the music sooo much! I love everything about this ride, so much fun! I'm sad it will be closed when I'm there!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #1281
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I love the random turtle who sets the mood before the ride even really starts! He's precious. And probably not as random as I think... I really need to see that movie! Darn the illegal-ness of it all.
You have me thoroughly convinced of your love for Splash. I saw Song of the South in the movie theater as a child. You can see it broken up into parts on youtube.

I don't know if you were reading our report when the critters were causing such a big commotion downstream that we had to walk off Splash. And, of course, I had left my phone and my camera with people who were waiting for us, so I have zero photographic evidence of it. I did borrow a few pictures from a DIS friend that was with us, though.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #1282
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Marissa! I DID IT! I FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH READING YOUR TRIP REPORT!!!

You know, just in time for your last day in WDW. wompwomp.
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
Old 02-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #1283
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Wait.

Do you love Splash Mountain? You were unclear.

I, too, am a huge fan of flume rides in general and of Splash in particular. Because Splash is the KING of flume rides!

I was at MK yesterday, and it was down because it's being rehabbed. I think a dry Splash Mountain is one of the saddest things I've ever seen. But it will be back and better than ever soon, so yay for that!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #1284
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I love Splash Mt too! except in all my splash photos I am wearing a poncho, because I am a giant dork who hates being wet!

I can't wait to introduce DS to this classic on our next trip, if he loves it half as much as you, we'll be all good.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:47 AM   #1285
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

My love for Splash is never-ending (well except in Disneyland)... soooo it was definitely sad when it was closed this last trip. I can't wait to go on it again. Your update made me really miss it... WAH.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:14 AM   #1286
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Ok, don't hate me but I only like SM on hot days when I can't stand the heat! Actually, I have bad SM mojo since the last few times we have ridden Splash it has started to pour when we go down the flume and I have gotten soaked. Wimp that I am my DH actually bought me a towel from the dump shop last trip.

I now have the ride song stuck in my mind... time to be moving along...
Old 02-16-2013, 05:20 AM   #1287
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

"That Brer Rabbit, he learned his lesson alright. But I'm afraid he learned it too late!"

Oh snap.
[/SIZE]

Quote:

We actually got stopped here for a few minutes! It seems like Brer Fox and Brer Bear were causing some commotion downstream... which is weird, because I was pretty sure that Brer Fox was UP stream, holding Brer Rabbit hostage. Maybe I was just temporarily confused. (Thankfully we weren't stopped for too long! Any longer and Anna would not have been a happy camper.)

[/SIZE]
I know that exact same uncomfortable feeling when you really think you have been there too long and they are about to make preparations to come unload you. Fortunately that has never happened to me.

Quote:

I LOVE THAT FINAL HILL CLIMB. It is the culmination of the entire ride! It was all leading up to THIS EXACT MOMENT.

[/SIZE]
I do love this hill climb and I definitely get a kick out of all those "beady little eyes" looking at me. Is it possible that they look "beadier" at night?

What a wonderful description of Splash Mountain. Well done!!!!!!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-16-2013, 05:11 PM   #1288
deannaf87
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh I love this TR.

Anytime I read about the Grand Floridian all I think is Steve running to DJ in that episode of Full House.

Pretty much everything I know about Disney World is traced back to those Full House episodes haha.

Disneyland- June 2003-CL at Disneyland Hotel
WDW - March 2013 - Shades of Green
Planning for November 2015...going through the exciting process of picking a resort

ATTENTION: TR IN PROGRESS You need superglue for WHAT??? A Bloody Magical First Time Trip Report!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #1289
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Hi I'm only about 1/3 of the way through reading, but I HAD to post because we would totally be best friends!!! I always have the same Disney enthusiasm for everything, so it's making reading your TR so fun I'm at the Grand Floridian part where you're talking about Full House and I'm totally because my sisters and I use Full House references and quotes as part of our everyday lives, and have done so forever! When my husband and I were invited back for a "gift" anniversary trip after we had some issues at our Disney wedding we chose to stay part of our time at the Grand and it was mostly because of Full House. And the hammock....oh yeah.....my sisters and I had HAD to do a wedding shot there!

**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 02-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #1290
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Love Splash Mountain!!! I haven't been in on it in ages, but it's definitely one of my favorites!
Oh my goodness, you need to get back on it, girl! Hahah maybe you can do it next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Wow, that is some serious Splash love! I think in the last 4 times I've been, I only went on it once! I know, it's a classic. It doesn't make sense. My two December trips, it was too cold, and my mother-daughter October extravaganza? My mom didn't want to ride...??? I'm definitely hoping to change that the next time!

And that's a movie I want to see, too. I'm sure you could YouTube it or something?
Hahah yes, yes it is. What can I say? I'm very serious about that ride. Oh I get that, on my first December trip it was too cold to ride it and I was SO SAD. However, the next December was much warmer, and when I got to ride it again I was just SO EXCITED. Haha but yeah, it'll be September so maybe even if your mom doesn't want to, you could do it anyway!

Yeah, I'm sure that's possible. I've watched Disney movies on you tube before... but who knows about that one! I'll have to check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoodb00 View Post
Yay! Another update! I have the same love you have for Splash! It is my absolute favorite ride! I love the water smell, and the theming, and the drop, and the songs, and the view from the top! I LOVE IT ALL!!!! I cannot wait to go on our June trip so I can be reunited with my love again Oh yea, inn my signature is my link for my PTR if you wanna read it!
Yay! Hahah yeah, basically everything about it is AWESOME. I didn't even know that you had started a PTR, I'll try to get caught up! It might not happen too quickly, but just know that I'll get caught up eventually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
I LOVE Splash Mt. I really home DS will be tall enough and want to go on it when we go(he is tall for his age) But if not, DH will have to stay with him cause I need to go on this ride. It has been a long time since I was able to go on it(I was preggo last time) so this mommy cant wait. Thanks for the pictures to tide me over til September
I hope he's tall enough, too! Oh man, yeah, you'll definitely have to ride it no matter what!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyhockeymad View Post
Ahh Splash. I do love that ride, however in the spirit of confessions I must admit that getting wet on rides is my absolute worst nightmare. I just hate that feeling when you've come off and nothing you can do will get you dry. It's just plain uncomfortable. So, I always wear a poncho, and actually, Splash is the only water ride I will go on when we're in Orlando. I refuse the rest!

Enough of me though, I do agree the music and the theming! It's so good! And I love the ride when it's empty like you had it, makes it much more enjoyable!
Oh goodness, I've never gotten that wet on Splash before! Kali River Rapids, yes, but not Splash! I always dry off pretty soon after Splash... BUT, I also always have an extra pair of clothes in my bag just in case. In fact, the only time I ever forgot extra clothes was the day I did get soaked all the way under on Kali River Rapids. Hahah that wasn't great.

Yeah! It was fun to just be able to walk up without fastpasses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Yeah! Thanks for the update!

Thats so cool that you love splash that much...I am soooo terrified of rides! I'm a wimp...I did manage to go on Splash once, I was soo nervous...but after the ride was over I was like 'huh, that really wasnt that bad at all"...but the fear still gets to me...
so I am always envious of everyone that will go on every ride
Aw, you're welcome! Thanks for reading!

Oh I totally get it! I was definitely a ride wimp for a little while there... but you know what helped me get over it? One day I just decided that no matter how scared I was, I was going to do all the scary rides at my local amusement park, and by the end of the day I was a full on thrill ride junkie! I think a lot of the fear (for me at least) was mind over matter... and I was over it just like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I hate getting wet on rides (wet underwear and socks really really bug me), but Splash is a true original. It's just one that you have to do. I think Maddie's going to give it another shot this year, which means that I get to too!
Hahha yeah, I always bring extras just in case! (Of course, the one day I forgot to do that was the day I got soaked to the bone on Kali River Rapids... of course) but I never actually get all that wet on Splash! I hope Maddie loves it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ahhh I love Splash Mountain too! But really though, how can anyone not love it? Such a great ride.
Hahah I know some people who don't love it! I don't know though, I just love it so much that anything else seems strange. Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Of course not, silly. But I did want to stop by and let you know I was reading along. Let you know I was still here and loving your TR
Oh good! Haha you never know! But thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I haven't been on Splash in a while, but I plan on riding our next trip. One time we got stopped right in front of the water cannon and we were SOAKED !!! Like wring our your underpants, ride on Kali River Rapids soaked. So I may have to bring a change of clothes. Or maybe not since we are staying at BLT and can just walk back over and change clothes <snap> Just like that.
Yeah, I guess the scooter kind of made it more difficult to get to that ride? OH wow, really? I've never gotten all that wet on Splash! But yeah, I always have an extra pair handy! (And I usually wear flip flops at Disney, so socks aren't an issue haha.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I love Splash Mountain!! I love the music sooo much! I love everything about this ride, so much fun! I'm sad it will be closed when I'm there!
Me too! It's the best! Aww, well, the good thing about it being closed is that they're making it even better! So... something to look forward to for next time! Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
You have me thoroughly convinced of your love for Splash. I saw Song of the South in the movie theater as a child. You can see it broken up into parts on youtube.

I don't know if you were reading our report when the critters were causing such a big commotion downstream that we had to walk off Splash. And, of course, I had left my phone and my camera with people who were waiting for us, so I have zero photographic evidence of it. I did borrow a few pictures from a DIS friend that was with us, though.
Oh, good! Haha I'm glad I was convincing.

I was! I remember that it was basically the only time you ever didn't have your camera! That must have been a crazy experience though. Goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Marissa! I DID IT! I FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH READING YOUR TRIP REPORT!!!

You know, just in time for your last day in WDW. wompwomp.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! This is wonderful news!

HAHA. Never fear! There are still several updates to go! Our flight wasn't until 9 PM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Wait.

Do you love Splash Mountain? You were unclear.

I, too, am a huge fan of flume rides in general and of Splash in particular. Because Splash is the KING of flume rides!

I was at MK yesterday, and it was down because it's being rehabbed. I think a dry Splash Mountain is one of the saddest things I've ever seen. But it will be back and better than ever soon, so yay for that!
Kinda.

HAHA.

It is! It's the only one that matters, really. I think all other flume rides just look lame in comparison! Sorry other flume rides, but you fail.

Oh my gosh... it must have been so sad! I saw a few pictures of the refurb but thankfully I didn't have to see it in person. I know, I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I love Splash Mt too! except in all my splash photos I am wearing a poncho, because I am a giant dork who hates being wet!

I can't wait to introduce DS to this classic on our next trip, if he loves it half as much as you, we'll be all good.
Hahha that's okay! At least you can enjoy it with a poncho. That's what's important!

Ahhhh that's awesome! I hope he does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
My love for Splash is never-ending (well except in Disneyland)... soooo it was definitely sad when it was closed this last trip. I can't wait to go on it again. Your update made me really miss it... WAH.
At least it will be open next time!!! Whenever I miss it (which is um... all the time) I watch a ride-thru on you tube. (Yeah... really.) It actually kinda sorta works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Ok, don't hate me but I only like SM on hot days when I can't stand the heat! Actually, I have bad SM mojo since the last few times we have ridden Splash it has started to pour when we go down the flume and I have gotten soaked. Wimp that I am my DH actually bought me a towel from the dump shop last trip.

I now have the ride song stuck in my mind... time to be moving along...
Hahhaah, don't worry! I don't hate people who have differing opinions than me! It's oookay. I remember reading about that in your TR! That is honestly so strange that it happened more than once! What are the chances? I really want the Splash Mountain towel! Lucky you!

Well hopefully reading this response won't get the song stuck in your head again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post

I know that exact same uncomfortable feeling when you really think you have been there too long and they are about to make preparations to come unload you. Fortunately that has never happened to me.

I do love this hill climb and I definitely get a kick out of all those "beady little eyes" looking at me. Is it possible that they look "beadier" at night?

What a wonderful description of Splash Mountain. Well done!!!!!!
Thank you for appreciating my cheesy humor!

I've never had it happen to me either, thankfully! I would have been so bummed if that happened at that point of the ride, though... SO CLOSE TO THE BIG HILL!

I think they do look beadier at night! Creepy vultures.

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannaf87 View Post
Oh my gosh I love this TR.

Anytime I read about the Grand Floridian all I think is Steve running to DJ in that episode of Full House.

Pretty much everything I know about Disney World is traced back to those Full House episodes haha.
AHHH thank you so much!

That's hilarious that you think that! That part cracks me UP. Every single time. To be honest, I always think of Full House when I see the GF, too! STILL. After all these years! Hahah!

That's hilarious! Ahh, thank you so much for your comment! I'm so glad you're enjoying my TR! I really appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Hi I'm only about 1/3 of the way through reading, but I HAD to post because we would totally be best friends!!! I always have the same Disney enthusiasm for everything, so it's making reading your TR so fun I'm at the Grand Floridian part where you're talking about Full House and I'm totally because my sisters and I use Full House references and quotes as part of our everyday lives, and have done so forever! When my husband and I were invited back for a "gift" anniversary trip after we had some issues at our Disney wedding we chose to stay part of our time at the Grand and it was mostly because of Full House. And the hammock....oh yeah.....my sisters and I had HAD to do a wedding shot there!
Hi!! YAY! That's so sweet of you to say! I'm sure we would be! I'm so glad you're enjoying reading along!

YES! You and your sisters and me and my sister are basically the same! That's hilarious! For some reason, our most used Full House quote is, "I went to the mailbox, and got the mail!!!" HAHA.

Um... yall are officially my heroes! That picture is amazing!!! I love it!

Thank you so much for your sweet comment and for reading! I'm so glad you're enjoying, and I hope you continue to do so!

-Marissa

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: