Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #106
ShannonMarie
Mouseketeer

I am so excited to read your report for a-lot of reasons but the main one is to watch your brother. My son is 7 and has down syndrome. We are going to Disney in Sept. and our last trip in January of 2011, he got what it was all about. He loved the characters and the rides. We call him our fast pass!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #107
MickeyMoguls
Earning My Ears

Well I'm a little late to the party but I'm enjoying your trip report so far. I haven't been on for a while so I was very happy to see you started a new report. Can't wait to hear all about the pixie dust you received!

1987- off site, 1990- off site, 1998-honeymoon off site, 2011- Anniversary trip CSR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #108
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonMarie View Post
I am so excited to read your report for a-lot of reasons but the main one is to watch your brother. My son is 7 and has down syndrome. We are going to Disney in Sept. and our last trip in January of 2011, he got what it was all about. He loved the characters and the rides. We call him our fast pass!
Thank you! Aww, he sounds so sweet! It's nice to hear how much he loves Disney! Jacob's main things are the characters and rides as well. And the food.

Thanks for joining, so glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMoguls View Post
Well I'm a little late to the party but I'm enjoying your trip report so far. I haven't been on for a while so I was very happy to see you started a new report. Can't wait to hear all about the pixie dust you received!
Not late at all! I just started on Sunday. Well I'm glad you're back, and I'm glad you're here!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 08-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #109
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Hi Marissa!

I read your other TR which was hilarious by the way

Am loving this one already, I can't wait to hear what happended next!
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 08-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #110
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

The One With Confusion and WHAT?

The One With Confusion and WHAT?

July 29, 2012

After all the waiting, the lovely cast member returned to us with good news! She told us that she was able to find us an available room! Now, seeing that this was only around 11 AM, and check-in isn't actually until 4:00, we were all thrilled!

She gave us our keys to the World, told us our room number, and sent us on our way. We thanked her, and headed out the doors to head to Bay Lake Tower!

The building is amazing!

(Look closely at that picture... there is a huge picture of the castle on either side of the doors when you walk into the Bay Lake Tower lobby.)

IMMEDIATELY after we walked inside, I was completely blown away. The lobby itself is beautiful!

I was so thankful for my sunglasses at that moment, because if you know me, you what happened next.

YEP. Crying behind the sunglasses was happening, full force. And we haven't even made it to the room yet! Honestly though, in that moment, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. Here I am, walking into this gorgeous hotel that I get to stay at for almost an entire WEEK, at my favorite place in the world.

If you didn't know, this was my first stay at a deluxe resort! On my other three trips to WDW, I had stayed at the All Star Resorts. (Yeah, all three of them! Talk about variety... hahaha.) While I love the All Stars in their own way, I was exceptionally excited to be giving another resort a shot.

Even though I'd known that we'd be staying at Bay Lake Tower since early February, it STILL didn't feel real! I honestly felt like I was dreaming. I don't even care if that sounds lame or cheesy, it's seriously how I felt. (Fast forward to this day, and I STILL can't believe I got to stay there!)

Our room was on the 11th floor, so we made our way over to the coolest looking elevators I've ever seen:

The doors of the elevators are NOT the coolest things about them, though! We traveled up to the 11th floor and as we arrived, we heard a voice say, "Eleventh floor."

The elevators TALK in this place. How am I cool enough to stay here?

Anyways, after I glued the pieces of my mind back together (for it had been blown to bits), we started making our way down the hall to try to find our room!

LOOK at this carpet.

I'm going to need that carpet in my future home. Thanks!

Anyways... we made our way down the hall, and we finally found our room! We were in room 8112. I was basically in love after seeing the door alone.

Fancy!

We noticed that there was no keycard slot (or whatever you want to call it) on the door, but instead there was a RFID scanner! (I don't even remember what that stands for. Radio frequency something something else? FORGIVE ME!)

For those of you unfamiliar with what that is... allow me to explain!

It's basically a little circle (complete with a not-so-hidden Mickey) that somehow miraculously reads your KTTW card and unlocks the door. All you have to do is hold the card in front of it for a few seconds. It's totally insane, and it's awesome! I had no idea that they used that system at BLT! I know the doors are like that at Art of Animation, but I thought it was the only one. I guess they're changing over to the new system at a lot of the resorts!

ANYWAYS. So we held out one of our cards. I actually held my breath in anticipation. This was the moment I'd been waiting for since February! I was finally going to see our villa!!!

But the card didn't work.

We tried another one.

Nothing.

Okay... next card?

Nope.

Maybe we're not doing it right. Let's try holding it this way... or this way... how about this way?

Yeah, no.

Oh... oh, right. Hmm... okay. Well... this isn't ideal.

Cool.

I'm guessing we're gonna want to get these fixed...

So we walked back to the nearest elevator. The parents went back down to the lobby to ask about the cards, and the kids hung out in the lovely little foyer next to the elevators.

Did I mention that the view from there is INCREDIBLE? Because by golly, it really is.

No big deal, just the Grand Floridian.

When you walk out of the foyer with the elevators, you immediately pass another window with another amazing view... of the pool!!!

(Yeah, that's a terrible picture. I was just too excited to realize how awful my photography was at the moment.)

Just knowing that I would be able to see this stuff whenever I went on the stinking elevator made me GIDDY.

Oh, and check out this awesome artwork in the foyer!

Alice in Wonderland! Isn't that so cool? I love that movie. One of the coolest aspects of Bay Lake Tower is all the little Disney touches that are all over the place! It's subtle, with a very contemporary, abstract-y feel, but it's still so Disney!

While we waited for our parents, we sat down in the foyer on a very lovely orange cushiony bench/seat/not even sure what to call it.

I'm a huge neat freak, so I decided that I needed to re-organize the bags I was carrying around. (I'd be lying if I didn't say I did this multiple times... per day...) Anyways, it was at the moment that I had taken all of my stuff out of the bag that my parents emerged from the elevator with a very sweet CM. Anna and Jacob followed them down the hall back to our door, while I had to frantically try to stuff everything I own back into my bags. Sigh. While that was happening, my iPod and headphones decided to fall behind the bench/seat/whatever, so I had to get down on my hands and knees to get them.

What a frumpy beginning to the trip.

As soon as all my stuff was safely back in my bags, the CM appeared again, this time by herself. I guess she let my family into the room! I thanked her and started heading down the hallway to the room.

Oh, but oops. I forgot the room number. For a second I thought it might be 8122 instead of 8112. OH GOODNESS. Did I mention that there are multiple elevators in BLT? We originally had gone up a different elevator than the one we'd just been sitting in front of. I didn't quite have my bearings yet, so I went too far down the hallway. (Are you confused?? I hope not! Let's just say, I was confused. Hahah.)

Luckily, my dad decided to stick his head out of the door to see where the heck I was. Yeah, turns out I had accidentally passed the room. Haha.

He said to me, "Are you gonna come in? We got an extra room!"

I said, "HARHARHAR, oops, I got confused and then... wait... WHAT?!?!?!?!

Then my dad said some of the most magical words I had ever heard.

"We got an extra bedroom! That's not all, either. Wait until you see our view!"

Continued in Next Update

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by marDgreen88; 08-11-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #111
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Hi Marissa!

I read your other TR which was hilarious by the way

Am loving this one already, I can't wait to hear what happended next!
Hello!

Oh thank you! That's so nice.

Hooray! I'm so glad, and I just posted a new update!!! Thanks so much for joining in, I'm really glad you're here!

Completed Trip Reports:
Old 08-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #112
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

ARRGGGHHH!!! You're killing me Marissa!!!!

Love all of the BLT photos, I've not seen many of the lobby or common areas. It looks gorgeous.

I was wondering what your view would be if that's what you could see from down the hall... Now if you wouldn't tease me so, I could find out!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #113
amazingact21
Upendi

Way to prolong the excitement by having a messed up RFID scanner. By that point, I'd have been like, "Just let me in!" But, at least you got to take in some amazing views. Seeing the Grand Floridian out your window must've been nice...

That hallway sounds confusing! I would've been wandering around aimlessly until somebody came and found me.

An extra bedroom....and a view! Hmmm, can't wait to hear what comes next.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 08-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #114
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

I gotta say I love that you cry as easily as I do... I like to read it as if it were me doing whatever... and that's totally what I would have done. Can't wait to see the view!

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Old 08-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #115
emma212010
DIS Veteran

OMG YAY!!!! How exciting you got an extra room!!!!! I can't wait to see your view!!!!!!!!

That sounds so confusing! I would hate that! I think it all paid off though!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 08-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #116
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Well, I'm in! I love your excitement!! It reminds me of someone...hi.
Anyway, I CAN'T wait to see the room!!! We tried to get BLT but it was sold out so we got SSR. This will be our 1st DLX as well. Don't leave us hangin' too long now.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #117
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Oh my gosh, let me just say that I was bouncing in my seat like a little kid when I read your update! I can't wait to see your view! I'm guessing a two-bedroom MK view! It doesn't get any better than that!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #118
Anntan
Mouseketeer

Ahhhh Bay Lake Tower sounds so awesome so far!
I love reading this <3 Excited for more!

Lover of all things Magical.
In hopes of becoming a part of the Disney Cast Member Family in the near future!

Working on my first Trip report (March 2012) right now!

"Charlie, Everybody's HOT" - March 2012 Mother/Daughter mini-trip

Fall 2002 - Polynesian
June 2010 - Grand Floridian
March 2012 - Grand Floridian and Audition
Old 08-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #119
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Holy cliffhanger, Batman!

Aaaaargh...don't make me come pry the information out of you! Considering that I don't know your last name or what city you live in, it will be challenging!

I want to stay at BLT SO BADLY! The Contemporary is my favorite deluxe, and I can only imagine that BLT surpasses it! If that's the view from the hallway, I think I'll faint when I see the view from your room(s)!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I'm a total neatnik, too, so I totally understand that urgent need to arrange and rearrange that which is already in a perfectly acceptable arrangement!
Old 08-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #120
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
ARRGGGHHH!!! You're killing me Marissa!!!!

Love all of the BLT photos, I've not seen many of the lobby or common areas. It looks gorgeous.

I was wondering what your view would be if that's what you could see from down the hall... Now if you wouldn't tease me so, I could find out!
I'm sorry!

Thanks! Yeah, not too many DISers stay at BLT, it seems! Very odd! But yes, it is definitely gorgeous!

Hahah I promise, it isn't my intention to tease! I wanted to continue, but I was afraid this update would be a 4-parter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Way to prolong the excitement by having a messed up RFID scanner. By that point, I'd have been like, "Just let me in!" But, at least you got to take in some amazing views. Seeing the Grand Floridian out your window must've been nice...

That hallway sounds confusing! I would've been wandering around aimlessly until somebody came and found me.

An extra bedroom....and a view! Hmmm, can't wait to hear what comes next.
I know, right? Hahaha. Really, I just wanted to go in! It actually worked out really well, as it turns out! This made a better story!

It really isn't, once you get used to it. At first though, it definitely was! You just have to remember which elevator is closest to your room, and then it's really easy! Honestly though, if my dad hadn't decided to check on me... who knows how long I would have walked around? It's hilarious to think about.

What comes next is PICTURES!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
I gotta say I love that you cry as easily as I do... I like to read it as if it were me doing whatever... and that's totally what I would have done. Can't wait to see the view!
Hahah aww, I'm glad you understand! I do the same thing when I read TRs, so I completely get what you're saying! Ahh I can't wait to share! I'll probably end up doing another update tomorrow hahah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
OMG YAY!!!! How exciting you got an extra room!!!!! I can't wait to see your view!!!!!!!!

That sounds so confusing! I would hate that! I think it all paid off though!
It was insane!!!

It was at first, but I think part of it was that my excitement was clouding my judgment! At first I didn't realize there was more than one elevator, so that's what confused me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
Well, I'm in! I love your excitement!! It reminds me of someone...hi.
Anyway, I CAN'T wait to see the room!!! We tried to get BLT but it was sold out so we got SSR. This will be our 1st DLX as well. Don't leave us hangin' too long now.
Well, YAY! Aww thank you! Hahah, is that someone... you?!

Sold out? Bummer! I bet Saratoga will be amazing as well though! YAY for your first deluxe stay! Ahhhh it's incredible, just incredible. I promise I won't!

Thanks for joining in! So glad to have ya!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Oh my gosh, let me just say that I was bouncing in my seat like a little kid when I read your update! I can't wait to see your view! I'm guessing a two-bedroom MK view! It doesn't get any better than that!
Aww! You just made my day! Ahhh I can't wait to share! I wanted to, but I didn't want to overwhelm anyone!

Your guess... it sounds like a pretty good one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anntan View Post
Ahhhh Bay Lake Tower sounds so awesome so far!
I love reading this <3 Excited for more!
I can't even put into words how awesome it actually is! It's above and beyond what I was expecting and it's officially my favorite hotel... EVER.

Thanks girl, I'm so glad!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Holy cliffhanger, Batman!

Aaaaargh...don't make me come pry the information out of you! Considering that I don't know your last name or what city you live in, it will be challenging!

I want to stay at BLT SO BADLY! The Contemporary is my favorite deluxe, and I can only imagine that BLT surpasses it! If that's the view from the hallway, I think I'll faint when I see the view from your room(s)!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I'm a total neatnik, too, so I totally understand that urgent need to arrange and rearrange that which is already in a perfectly acceptable arrangement!
Hahah I know! I promise that not every update will end in a cliffhanger.

Don't worry, you'll find out soon! I swear, I'm just as excited to share as I feel like yall are to find out! SO, I don't have it in me to make you wait!

Aww! Well, I really, really, REALLY hope that you can. It is honestly the most amazing place I've ever stayed. I'm glad you have love for the CR because I feel like not too many people do!

Hahah I'm glad you understand! I couldn't have picked a worse time to do it though!

Completed Trip Reports:

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: