Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #1036
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Love Epcot in the morning!! Especially the World Showcase right after opening...it's so much less crowded!!! I will have to use the restrooms in Norway next time, haha! I know where you are eating and I can't wait to read about it!!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #1037
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for World Showcase rope drop!!! I love the countdown!

LOL at the bathrooms in Norway!!!

Looks like a beautiful Epcot day!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #1038
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
It is always strange when a big attraction is closed. I also am excited for the new Test Track! I will admit I was worried about the refurb (after all, I didn't want it to become the next Journey Into Imagination, meaning they completely ruin a good thing) but Emma's CP roommate, who still works there, went on and said it was awesome.

Yay for riding Maelstrom and the Gran Fiesta Tour!
I agree! I know that refurbs are necessary but they stink. I hope if I do get to go to Disney during the spring, it's AFTER Splash opens back up! Hahah. Yeah, so far I've heard great things about the new Test Track! I can't wait to ride it!

I love those two rides! I wish the World Showcase had another ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
At the 1/2 marathon I used the best smelling outhouses I've ever experienced. Disney magic I tell you!
Well that's a shocker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
I'm back and all caught up! Great TR writing, as usual!

You know, as many times as I've raced to enter World Showcase when it opened, I've never experienced the countdown in Mexico...very cool! I wonder if they do it every day? Because if they do, then, of course, I MUST experience it for myself!

Very pretty views from your bench...I love to take little rest breaks in World Showcase and just soak in the vistas. Great photos!
AHHH YAY! I'm so glad! I missed your comments. And thank you so much! You are too kind.

I don't know if they do it every day or not! I imagine so, though! Hahah, hopefully you'll be able to see it!

Thanks! Yeah, we weren't really intending to stop and sit there, but it was a great spot to wait for the rest of the family and the views were wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
I love Epcot!

Definitely my favorite park, not for the rides, but for the atmosphere oh and the Food & Wine Festival lol

I love the picture if Jacob running towards you as if he hasn't seen you both for weeks!

My guess us that you're going to Biergarten next
ME TOO! It's just marvelous.

I agree. There is something about the atmosphere there that just cannot be beat. Although, I do love the rides as well!

Aww thanks! Hahah yeah, he's precious.

Good guess! Nope, not Biergarten, but something similar(ish)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasdisneygal View Post
Love Epcot in the morning!! Especially the World Showcase right after opening...it's so much less crowded!!! I will have to use the restrooms in Norway next time, haha! I know where you are eating and I can't wait to read about it!!!!
Me too! I agree, the World Showcase is so much more enjoyable when you can actually see it! Hahahah seriously, you need to go give them a whiff! Yes, you do know!!! Hahha.

P.S. Are you ever gonna update your TR again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for World Showcase rope drop!!! I love the countdown!

LOL at the bathrooms in Norway!!!

Looks like a beautiful Epcot day!!!
Do they do it at each individual country? I really had no idea that happened! Hahah.

Seriously, it smelled AMAZING!

It was a perfect day, for sure!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:34 PM   #1039
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I too adore the Three Caballeros. Was my favorite movie when I was a kid (Donald obsession began early). It's always a fun ride! And I too sing along loudly.

Donald is just the best ever! Seriously. He has the best voice, the best laugh (like the one he uses in Philharmagic? I die!). Your tangent is okay with me.

The Maelstrom. Epcot's best ride.

Hahahahahaha. There's a boat Jack. Oh Rose.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #1041
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I too adore the Three Caballeros. Was my favorite movie when I was a kid (Donald obsession began early). It's always a fun ride! And I too sing along loudly.

Donald is just the best ever! Seriously. He has the best voice, the best laugh (like the one he uses in Philharmagic? I die!). Your tangent is okay with me.

The Maelstrom. Epcot's best ride.

Hahahahahaha. There's a boat Jack. Oh Rose.
What would the Gran Fiesta Tour be without riders singing too loudly? Well, some may argue that it would be better... but whatever.

I'm glad! YES. He has the best laugh! He has the best EVERYTHING! Love him so much.

Oh, without a doubt.

If Jack hadn't been quickly freezing to death, he might have said, "Let's wait for another one... trolls don't like me."

Or, maybe he would have just taken his chances with the trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Yay for an update !! It is late and I am tired, so I don't have anything exciting to say about it except how cute Jacob looks running up to you. How can that not make you smile ?? I predict you dined at Akershus.
I agree. He's the cutest! Yes, we were going to Akershus!
Old 12-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #1042
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Y'all were off to a great start that day! Looks like you and your sister had fun in DHS! Although, I was scared for your shoe on RNRC! I would have freaked out the rest of the ride.

Love the box of candy - too cute!

And since World Showcase was the goal at EPCOT - that's awesome that y'all made it in time for opening!

And you're not alone - Donald is Ed's favorite character, too.

I'm interested to hear about lunch......
Old 12-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #1043
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Y'all were off to a great start that day! Looks like you and your sister had fun in DHS! Although, I was scared for your shoe on RNRC! I would have freaked out the rest of the ride.

Love the box of candy - too cute!

And since World Showcase was the goal at EPCOT - that's awesome that y'all made it in time for opening!

And you're not alone - Donald is Ed's favorite character, too.

I'm interested to hear about lunch......
Definitely! It was a fun morning, despite the long lines! Omg, I was so nervous that I would have to walk around shoeless that entire day!

Me too! I want one hahha.

Yeah! That was a funny coincidence, we didn't even do it on purpose but it worked out very well!

YAY! He's awesome.

It was a fun meal!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #1044
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to give a special shout out to Mr. Walter E. Disney! Today is the celebration of his birth 111 years ago! What a special day in history that turned out to be!

Last edited by marDgreen88; 12-06-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #1045
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Hahah i love your brother running towards you guys!!

I must check out those bathrooms because I love Leila! I am actually getting it for Christmas. I am not even sure if it will smell that great on me I just love the smell.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
Old 12-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #1046
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Hahah i love your brother running towards you guys!!

I must check out those bathrooms because I love Leila! I am actually getting it for Christmas. I am not even sure if it will smell that great on me I just love the smell.
Thanks!! He is just precious.

Hahah definitely! I mean, I could be wrong, but I think that's what it was! Either way the bathroom smelled amazing. Cool that you're getting some for Christmas! It smells SO GOOD.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #1047
emma212010
DIS Veteran

That Test Track area is creepy!!

I love bathrooms that smell good! LOL! It's just a great surprise!

Happy belated birthday Walt!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 12-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #1048
amazingact21
Upendi

TT being closed was so sad. I'm happy THAT ordeal is over with. Because, I agree, not hearing the cars fly by was so weird. You could tell something was missing from Future World. Epcot just wasn't the same...

WS at opening is so fun. Most people are still in Future World, so you can walk around or hit the attractions without waves upon waves of people.

A good smelling bathroom....hmm. That's a new one. I might have to check that out in the future. Which sounds weird, but I'm curious.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 12-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #1049
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
That Test Track area is creepy!!

I love bathrooms that smell good! LOL! It's just a great surprise!

Happy belated birthday Walt!!
It actually really was. I'm so glad it's open again, as of yesterday!!!

Haha I totally agree! It messes with your mind a little bit, though.

Yes indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
TT being closed was so sad. I'm happy THAT ordeal is over with. Because, I agree, not hearing the cars fly by was so weird. You could tell something was missing from Future World. Epcot just wasn't the same...

WS at opening is so fun. Most people are still in Future World, so you can walk around or hit the attractions without waves upon waves of people.

A good smelling bathroom....hmm. That's a new one. I might have to check that out in the future. Which sounds weird, but I'm curious.
I know, I'm so glad it's opened again! I can't wait to ride the new version.

Hahah I had no idea they did a little countdown. It was so cute.

I fully support your decision to smell the bathroom.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #1050
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

I can't ride the Gran Fiesta Tour without yelling FIESTA HOY in my best six-years-of-Spanish-classes accent when I see that sign. Then I just repeat Pan-CHI-to over and over again until the ride's over. It's not annoying at all.

Ah, NorVay. Magic bathrooms and the greatest attraction in the history of theme parks. It's a beautiful place.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: