Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #901
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,217

Hahaha, Club Yeti. I've gotta remember that one.

I have to admit I have never touched those bells. I don't fall easily into the trap of touching things that I know everyone else has.

Mouse Gears is my favorite store on property too. You can find everything you need to with less people around. Always a good thing in my book.

"If there's a prize for rotten judgement....I guess I've already won that". Sorry, love the entire Hercules soundtrack. "On every VASE!"
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is online now  
Old 11-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #902
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post


We saw these adorable monkeys on the way out! (Iím sorry, I forget what this type of monkey is actually called.)



Okay, yeah, thatís only ONE monkey. But look how heís hanging! I think thatís pretty awesome.
It's an ape called a gibbon.



Quote:
A vast jungle?


Nope, itís Animal Kingdom in all its amazingness!
So very well themed.



Quote:
On our first trip, we (without ANY warning whatsoever) tried all of them-including the Beverley, so we knew to steer clear of it this time! My favorites are Costa Rica and China, I believeÖ whichever countries have the strawberry and watermelon.
China's watermelon drink is the only one I can handle. Beverly is a given at being blech , but the rest just don't appeal to me. We need to ask for the lemonade one you were talking about.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #903
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran
 
marDgreen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
Okay, several things:
1. I LOVE Hercules! I think it has the best music of any Disney movie... go ahead, let the stoning begin!

2. I completely agree that there's not enough Hercules stuff at Disney. But, I did have my pic taken with Herc when I was a Freshman in h.s. while we were there for a band performance. Herc was in the parade, on the float in front of us and I had my picture taken with him before he got on the float.. O YES I DID!

3. I used to like Mouse Gears... but now it makes me mad everytime I even think about it... ready to know why? LONG STORY- hold on. (I'll try to make it as short as possible). Last time we were in there was right before closing on our last night of our trip, buying some souvenirs... along with everyone else who was in the park. My husband, who is built like a football player- he's got really wide shoulders, a very narrow waist and a belly on him (5'12', 315 lbs) ... was standing behind me as I was looking at something, he had his hand on the top of a clothing rack, standing between two racks, facing my back.
Some guy who was at least 6'6 and probably about 400 lbs was walking thru the store- not even shopping- and granted it was crowded in there- but he shoved my husband pushing him into me and making me hit my ribs on a glass shelf. At the same time he said "Hey fat ***, get the hell out of my way," and he and his kids laughed as he walked away and out a door.
Of course I heard everything the guy said, but didn't see him and I had fallen to the floor at that point. I was hurt and angry about A. how the guy treated my husband, B. that I was hurt and C. that that man had taught his children to be bullies, just like he did. There was no reason for him to shove my husband, my husband was not in anyone's way.... and the guy did that just because he could.
I am sad to say that that trip was not very magical at all and that was the last time I was there. But, Disney wasn't to blame, it was the rude, crass, careless people who were there in the park.
Afterwards we went outside and sat on the bench and waited for his family. I'm not going to lie, he had to console me because I was crying so hard- both about my rib being bruised and about that mean man calling my husband names and being rude.
Anyway- I'm done now.
Um, I wouldn't do that! I respect everyone's opinions. And I agree, it has some amazing music! It's funny, a lot of the more underrated films have some of the best music, like Hercules, Pocahontas, and Hunchback! It's odd. Anyways.

That's so cool! Oh man, why can't they let him do meet and greets anymore? I would love to meet him and Meg! I'd love to meet Hades too! Ugh, sigh. OOOH... maybe they'll bring them out for Long Lost Friends week as part of Limited Time Magic! THEY HAVE TO. AND I HAVE TO BE THERE.

Wow, I'm really sorry that happened to yall. Nobody deserves to be treated that way. I really hate that there are people in this world like that. They're in the middle of Disney World and they're gonna cause a scene like that? It's completely ridiculous and he's setting a terrible example for his kids. I'm sorry that happened to you. But I do think you should give Mouse Gear another chance! It could have happened anywhere, ya know? Plus, it doesn't get that busy during the day!


Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Hahaha, Club Yeti. I've gotta remember that one.

I have to admit I have never touched those bells. I don't fall easily into the trap of touching things that I know everyone else has.

Mouse Gears is my favorite store on property too. You can find everything you need to with less people around. Always a good thing in my book.

"If there's a prize for rotten judgement....I guess I've already won that". Sorry, love the entire Hercules soundtrack. "On every VASE!"
Hahaha glad you like that!

GOOD FOR YOU. I've never touched them either. Because why would you? It's not like there's a sign that says "PLEASE RING THESE BELLS OR NO RIDE FOR YOU!" Ughhhhhh.

Same! It's a great store. Plus, it has a lot of Epcot-specific merchandise which is always a plus!

Hahha never apologize for quoting a Disney song. I don't even mind a little bit. I love that entire soundtrack too! Gah, it's awesome.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It's an ape called a gibbon.

So very well themed.

China's watermelon drink is the only one I can handle. Beverly is a given at being blech , but the rest just don't appeal to me. We need to ask for the lemonade one you were talking about.
Ahh thank you! Goodness, that was going to be my guess, too! Boo.

It really is!

I love the China one! The one that I think tastes like fizzy lemonade is the Kinley from Israel! You may have had it before though, but that's what it tasted like to me! It's worth a try!
__________________
-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #904
danimaroo
DIS Veteran
 
danimaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,622

YAY FOR Expedition Everest! I just love that ride so much... EXCEPT FOR THE BELLS!

Oh my gosh, it drives me insane when people ring those bells. Like, sometimes you'll walk through the queue and people won't be tempted and all is okay. But then, as soon as ONE person does it, EVERYONE else finds it necessary to whack those as loud as possible. They're SO loud and it gives me a headache. I have to do everything in my power to not scream at everyone to stop ringing them, hahaha.

I would love to see the Yeti working at some point, but I doubt that will ever happen.. unless we want to see EE closed for like, an entire year. No thanks, haha. I'll just deal with Disco Yeti for now... I still find him terrifying.

That DJ thing sounds so so weird; I've never heard of that before!

I love the pillow pets! I actually own Eeyore, and am highly considering buy a Pluto and a Stitch (for Matt). They're so soft and comfortable to lay on!

I'm interested to see where you guys are headed! Hmmmm.
danimaroo is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #905
pirateprincess1976
Mouseketeer
 
pirateprincess1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 2 1/2 hour plane ride from the Happiest Place on Earth
Posts: 239

I'm all for an "I think Hercules is unrated and I think that's lame" club! Woohoo!
__________________
Dixie Landings 1997,1998
All Star Music 1999,2001,2004,2009,2014
All Star Movies 2003,2010,2012
Pop Century 2005,2007,2011,2013,2014

Art of Animation 2013
Trip reports: Sept2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186145 May2014 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3279242
pirateprincess1976 is offline  
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #906
LilAnn
DIS Veteran
 
LilAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 1,405

Glad to hear that you guys made it through Frankenstorm okay. My parents lost power for about 22 hours and we didn't lose any, thank goodness. We did have two trees fall, one just missing the house. Phew. And now that we have gotten that all cleared away, there is talk of a nor'easter. What is that about?

Anyways, I love Hercules! They seriously don't play the songs or the movie enough. Hercules, Hercules.

Um, I cannot wait for next week's episode of Once! I love Red! I'm so glad she'll get another episode. Awesome score on the DVD! Does it have any fun bonus things?
__________________
LilAnn is offline  
Old 11-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #907
amazingact21
Upendi
 
amazingact21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northwest, FL
Posts: 2,769

Ugh, those bells in the EE queue. They could cause a person to go insane! Alex actually asked this kid once to stop, because he just kept BANGING on every single one over and over again. (Naturally, the kid just became more adament about his bell ringing adventure.)


I had to laugh at your dad's reaction to EE, because my mom said the same thing when she went on it. Apparently, we are poor judges on ride intensities.


MouseGears is awesome. The best shop in the parks, in my opinion. And how cool that they played 3 Hercules songs. You should talk to my DH. Hercules is his 2nd favorite Disney movie, and he always has to make a comment at how little the film appears in the parks. It seriously bugs him.
__________________
1 Family Vacation in 1998~ 5 Day Trips~ 8 On Site Stays to WDW between 5 resorts





Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline  
Old 11-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #908
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran
 
marDgreen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
YAY FOR Expedition Everest! I just love that ride so much... EXCEPT FOR THE BELLS!

Oh my gosh, it drives me insane when people ring those bells. Like, sometimes you'll walk through the queue and people won't be tempted and all is okay. But then, as soon as ONE person does it, EVERYONE else finds it necessary to whack those as loud as possible. They're SO loud and it gives me a headache. I have to do everything in my power to not scream at everyone to stop ringing them, hahaha.

I would love to see the Yeti working at some point, but I doubt that will ever happen.. unless we want to see EE closed for like, an entire year. No thanks, haha. I'll just deal with Disco Yeti for now... I still find him terrifying.

That DJ thing sounds so so weird; I've never heard of that before!

I love the pillow pets! I actually own Eeyore, and am highly considering buy a Pluto and a Stitch (for Matt). They're so soft and comfortable to lay on!

I'm interested to see where you guys are headed! Hmmmm.
ME TOO. Except for ME TOO.

I swear, those bells were NOT intended for harm. They were intended for good. It's just crazy, because most regular guests don't even notice them UNTIL SOMEONE STARTS RINGING THEM. Why oh why???

I mean, I wouldn't be mad if he actually was working. It's nice to have things in proper working order, after all. HOWEVER, I would be terrified and I'd probably scream because I wouldn't be expecting it! I'm just fine with the current 'disco' setting. FINE WITH IT! (I'm with you. I actually don't even look in the yeti's direction! Avoid at all costs!)

It honestly was super weird. I wasn't a fan of it, I have to be honest!

Aren't they adorable?!?! Omg, I SO wanted the Dumbo one. Then I remembered that I already had an adorable stuffed Dumbo and I just didn't want him to be jealous. But then I couldn't decide! They are all so adorable! I'm definitely getting one on my next trip. I MUST!

Eeee I can't wait to share! Hm, maybe I should get to writing. I've been slacking!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateprincess1976 View Post
I'm all for an "I think Hercules is unrated and I think that's lame" club! Woohoo!
Hooray! You and I can be the inaugural members!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Glad to hear that you guys made it through Frankenstorm okay. My parents lost power for about 22 hours and we didn't lose any, thank goodness. We did have two trees fall, one just missing the house. Phew. And now that we have gotten that all cleared away, there is talk of a nor'easter. What is that about?

Anyways, I love Hercules! They seriously don't play the songs or the movie enough. Hercules, Hercules.

Um, I cannot wait for next week's episode of Once! I love Red! I'm so glad she'll get another episode. Awesome score on the DVD! Does it have any fun bonus things?
Thank you! I'm glad yall did too! Thank goodness your parents weren't without power too long. And thank goodness those trees didn't hit your house! Wow! I don't even know what this nor'easter's about! I hope it's just a fluke or something because I don't think the east coast can take much more!

I agree! All this Hercules talk has made me really want to watch the movie! It's such a great one!

I know! I'm glad she was promoted to series regular this season. It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens with her! YEAH, I'm so excited about my DVD! To be honest, I haven't really had a chance to crack it open yet and find out! As soon as I do, though, I'll let you know!


Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Ugh, those bells in the EE queue. They could cause a person to go insane! Alex actually asked this kid once to stop, because he just kept BANGING on every single one over and over again. (Naturally, the kid just became more adament about his bell ringing adventure.)

I had to laugh at your dad's reaction to EE, because my mom said the same thing when she went on it. Apparently, we are poor judges on ride intensities.

MouseGears is awesome. The best shop in the parks, in my opinion. And how cool that they played 3 Hercules songs. You should talk to my DH. Hercules is his 2nd favorite Disney movie, and he always has to make a comment at how little the film appears in the parks. It seriously bugs him.
I'm betting that they DO cause people to go insane! Ugh... I just can't handle them! Oh man, seriously. The people that do it KNOW they're being annoying, and they ENJOY it! They REVEL in it. It's so insanely obnoxious. My sister and I were talking about how we thought it was annoying that everyone had to keep ringing the bells as we were walking through, and the people in front of us, who had not yet rang the bells, decided they suddenly wanted to as well. Apparently they didn't like us.

Hahaha really? That's pretty funny, I guess we're not! I suppose thrill junkies don't even notice anymore!

It is! I love that store! Hahha aw, well you should tell him to stay a while in Mouse Gear, he'll definitely hear some Herc! I agree with him though, there should be more!
__________________
-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline  
Old 11-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #909
Txshadow
Earning My Ears
 
Txshadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Spring, Tx
Posts: 25

I finally decided to stop lurking about on DIS and join. Thanks for the awesome reports that fuel my addiction.
Txshadow is offline  
Old 11-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #910
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran
 
marDgreen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txshadow View Post
I finally decided to stop lurking about on DIS and join. Thanks for the awesome reports that fuel my addiction.
That's awesome! WELCOME TO THE DIS!!! Thank you so much for reading and posting. I'm so honored to be one of your first posts! You're so very welcome, I'm so glad you like them! I hope you keep on enjoying. Feel free to post any time!
__________________
-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline  
Old 11-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #911
MEK
DIS Veteran
 
MEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 19,050

I really thought I commented on your last update, but I can't find it anywhere. Ugh - that's what I hate about not being able to see pics at work. It confuses me.

Anyway - yeah for 2 rides with the Yeti. Nay to the annoying bells. Gotta go single rider next time. Now noise there.

Nice AK pics.

Don't you just love it when it rains and it cools everything off and you are left with the most perfect summer evening ever?
__________________

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline  
Old 11-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #912
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran
 
marDgreen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I really thought I commented on your last update, but I can't find it anywhere. Ugh - that's what I hate about not being able to see pics at work. It confuses me.

Anyway - yeah for 2 rides with the Yeti. Nay to the annoying bells. Gotta go single rider next time. Now noise there.

Nice AK pics.

Don't you just love it when it rains and it cools everything off and you are left with the most perfect summer evening ever?
Hahha that's okay. I'm glad you commented now though!

Yeah, I didn't even think about single rider honestly! It barely even crosses my mind. Anna had just ridden alone and she was ready to ride with someone she knew hahah.

Thank you.

It's one of the best feelings! It was such a perfect evening, it actually ended up being one of my favorite memories of the trip.
__________________
-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #913
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran
 
smile4stamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!
Posts: 4,427

I'm caught up on your report!!

We love AK as well. It's a park I can say WE about as my DH actually does like it there!!

We didn't manage any of the trails this time. I was hoping for a second day there but hubby said he was done with the parks and I was more interested in spending time with him than the parks so it never happened.
smile4stamps is offline  
Old 11-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #914
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran
 
marDgreen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,819

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I'm caught up on your report!!

We love AK as well. It's a park I can say WE about as my DH actually does like it there!!

We didn't manage any of the trails this time. I was hoping for a second day there but hubby said he was done with the parks and I was more interested in spending time with him than the parks so it never happened.
Hooray!

I feel like that park doesn't get nearly the love it deserves so I'm glad that yall both like it!

Next time!
__________________
-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline  
Old 11-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #915
Stefjp
Mouseketeer
 
Stefjp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 188

Just caught up on both of your TRs and have to say I smiled all the way through then. Apart from the bit in the 2011 TR when you got sick - that sucks majorly- though you coped with it well - I have a fear of being sick so would have been hyperventilating in a corner somewhere....

Anyways, I am going to WDW in April. It'll be my third visit and my first since 1997- 15 YEARS AGO!! Back in the days when HS was MGM, AK was still a building site and the All Star resorts were newly opened.......man I feel old (I'm 29 BTW).

Reading your TRs bought back so many memories but also made me realise how much has changed!!! It's like I know nothing and this is my first time all over again!!! It's my first trip as a 'grown-up' and I have booked and planned everything - so if my boyfriend doesn't enjoy it its my fault.......though really, what's not to enjoy!!!! It's Florida! it's Disney! We're staying on site! I can hardly contain myself!!

Is it to soon to start a Pre-TR?!?!.........
Stefjp is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: