Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #76
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay an update!

Haha, weird that you like to wake up on sevens...I wake up on 8's...I have such a weird thing with clocks and time, and I try to explain it to people and they think I'm nuts...oh well!

I loved all of the music in Brave, I should get the soundtrack!

I love seeing the beaches from the plane too, and then when you finally start to see land and you know you're over Florida, that is the best!

Yay, Magical Express! I cannot wait to take ME someday so I can see these movies/cartoons that are always making everyone cry! I love having a rental car when we're there, but I really want to use ME!!!

Ahhhh, my home, the Wilderness Lodge! I hope you can stay there someday, it's beautiful! I've been obsessing about the Contemporary lately, which is weird, the Poly has always been my dream but lately it's shifted to the CR!

OMG...did you guys get upgraded to a MK view room? I cannot handle it, if that's what's happening in your next update, just so you know...

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 08-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #77
sbprincess
Mouseketeer

Yea - you're there!

I could never pack the night before a trip. I actually start semi-packing about a month out! I start buying things here and there so Wal-Mart doesn't get SO much of my money all at once I would also forget way too much if I didn't do it this way.

I absolutely love the Contemporary! I'm going to miss staying there in November. The walk to MK is just the BEST! I hope you guys enjoyed your stay in BLT.

Hoping for many more gallons of pixie dust! I'm not sure I would have ever questioned your word choice in the title - but I appreciate the clarification. I have a much clearer picture of the magical substace now. And ya know, if we're talking about dust from pixie's, I agree - gallons makes more sense than tons.

1984 - 2002 Many visits with family (off site) * May 2005 Girls' Trip - POP Century * March 2008 Honeymoon - All Star Movies * May 2010 - Contemporary Resort (Trip Report) * December 2010 - POP Century * October 2011 - Contemporary Resort & Universal Studios (WWOHP!) * November 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Dining Report) * March 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort * May 2014 - Boardwalk Inn & Contemporary Theme Park View * July 2014 - Grand Floridian Girls Trip!!!!**
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #78
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Oooh the suspense!!! Your excitement is making me SO EXCITED!!!!!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 PM   #79
wdhinn89
DIS Veteran

Hey Marissa it's Victoria, great update!!!
Like always my comments are going to be wild and sparatic so bear(or bare, however the heck you spell it) with me!

This commercial basically describes every Disney Eve. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b95oyhSd5ls I love this commercial so much <3

I feel your pain when it comes to getting nervous before flying. Whenever I get nervous or I'm really stressed out about something I get this anxiety "attack". It's not how like when someone has a panic attack they can't breathe for me I feel like nauseous and since throwing up is one of like my biggest fears (I know it's stupid but ) I like freak out and drink a whole bunch of water and stuff. It's bad news bears and seriously sucks.
Anywho thank God know one got sick on this trip. No one likes being sick in Disney!

Aww Sammy is adorable! I have a cat too, Lexi, and like Sammy she always gets angry/upset when she knows we're leaving.
(Btw I love the picture of you and your family on splash that's right by Sammy)

Your "try to resist the urge to get this framed" comment made me laugh out loud. You're to funny.

Don't hate me but I haven't seen brave yet. I want to go SOO bad but no one wants to see it with me (being 15 going on 5 really has its drawbacks).

Oh the Contemporary, home sweet home. I <3 that hotel so much.

I can't wait for the next update!!
:
Old 08-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #80
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Well.... isn't pixie dust like a sparkly gas? Because I mean, it floats in the air. That's what I would classify it as, anyway.

YAY for no sickness on this trip! That's a reason to celebrate.

Gahh I love Wilderness Lodge. I stayed there once when I was in middle school. I wish I would have been more immersed in it. It's SO beautiful and it's one of my favorites!!

Meeep I can't wait to hear about what happened next!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #81
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

You have an obsession with the Wilderness Lodge, too?! It's just perfect.

And so is the Contemporary. I can just feel your excitement when yall arrived and walked inside! I hope the reason it took so long is what I'm thinking of!

Old 08-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #82
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Arrival day is so exciting! I was getting worried about the CM taking so long, thinking that it was a rough start, but now I'm thinking that it was just the start of some major pixie dust! Can't wait to hear more!

Seriously, how about a couple of updates per day?
Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #83
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

I have seriously been waiting for an update like every night I get home from work and I was SO excited to see the new date in your TR title!

Okay, so! Totally funny that you waited to pack. I can be the same way, though for Disney last trip I was way too excited and I think packed up super early. We've always done a red-eye, so I don't sweat the whole sleeping before getting up early... but I know I'd be the same way as you, not able to sleep!

I get the same way before flights, so I know EXACTLY what you mean! Definitely a good call on skipping the breakfast!

I admit, I couldn't see your cat at first. Then I found him! But I have to ask what the picture is, looks like a ride of some sort?! I'm nosy, I know, haha.

LOVE the photo of you sis and bro. They look READY for Disney World!!

I LOVED the Brave soundtrack, especially the Mumford and Sons song. They're one of my favorite bands ever.

9:49?! I am so jealous of how close you are to Disney World/how it only takes you and hour and a half to get there! It's a 5 1/2 hour flight to Disney World for us! But always worth it!

I love REAL Disney buses; they just start things off right every time!

HOORAY FOR THE SIGN!!!

OOOOHH WILDERNESS LODGE! I always love visiting that place and roaming before we get dinner at WCC. It's just a nice reminder of home.

HOLY CANOLI! Talk about a cliffhanger!! Here I was, getting ridiculously excited about the whole room thing, and now we have to waaaait. AHHHH. But that's okay, because now I'm going to be super excited for your next update! I CAN'T WAIT! (I know, I'm a weebit excited about this but it's seriously making me happy seeing Disney in this TR!)
Old 08-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #84
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Ok, I'm here...on page 6! I guess I have some catching up to do!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 08-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #85
amandaw
DIS Veteran

YAY! Y'all made it down to Disney!!!

So great that y'all were able to get onto a ME bus right away. I guess I always figured that the ME buses always drop off at the resorts in the same order every time. But in May 2011, when we stayed at WL, we the 3rd stop. Our driver went to Poly, then GF, then WL & CR was last. Interesting to learn that they don't always go in the same order.

You have me super excited to find out why it was taking the CM so long to get back to y'all. Nice upgrade? Very nice upgrade? C'mon tell me.....I promise I won't tell.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #86
Nairnyn
Mouseketeer

Holy cliffhanger batman. Why'd you do that?? Guess I will have to wait patiently to see what happened!

11/99: BWI; 10/05: Off property; 4/06: Off property; 10/06: SSR; 12/06: ASMovies; 12/07: ASMusic;
3/08: ASMovies; 12/08: Off property; 9/09: ASMovies; 1/10: Pop; 3/11: POR; 12/11: POR; 10/12-11/12: ASMusic
Old 08-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #87
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Whatever pixie dust is, I LOVE IT.

You with your waking up to 7's. How silly. I don't have to wake up on a certain number, but it just CANNOT be a 0 or a 5. IT JUST CAN'T!

And I love flying to Disney. I love going to the airport (NOT COMING BACK) but it's just so exciting to be on the brink of a great new trip to Disney! It holds so much magic and joy!!

Isn't the Wilderness Lodge absolutely breath-taking? I remember seeing it for the first time...just WOW.

And I've always wanted to stay at the Contemporary. Can you hurry up and post what took so long?! I have an idea and I want to verify it's correct before I go crazy with excitement!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Last edited by princess_momma; 08-08-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #88
Merida
DIS Veteran

oh snap, I was first!! My mad twitter skillz finally come in handy!

You packed so compactly (or at least in looks like it?). I have limited success with packing - I can shove everything for a four-day weekend in a tote bag if I'm flying, but when we drive all bets are off. Because MAYBE leather boots will come in handy in theme parks in Florida. You never know!!

I love your cat! Black cats are some of my favorite; my cat at my parents' house is all black (part Siamese, named Sirius because my younger siblings have issues determining the differences between dogs and cats) and he is such a diva. Black kitties definitely have personality.

YAY BRAVE!! My parents were just out visiting us (part of the reason my Dis time has been skimpy lately) and I went to go see Brave with my mother and it was transcendent. I just love it SO MUCH.

How jealous am I that you got to stay in the Contemporary? I seriously want to MOVE IN (obviously splitting my time between your Poly room and MK view Contemporary). Whenever I finally get a CM/FL resident discount, the Contemporary will (most likely) be the first resort room I book. Or maybe I'll just steal the doormat.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #89
disneyhockeymad
˚o˚ ˚o˚ Sharing a Little Bit of Disney Happiness! ˚o˚ ˚o˚
Adores Toffee Crisps

Ah it's so exciting when you arrive, MCO just makes me so happy (unless I'm leaving!) and getting on the fake-o-rail is the best start to a trip

I'm already obsessed with the Brave soundtrack and it hasn't even come out here yet, I'm so excited to see it! My friends keep saying I look like her (I have the red curly hair and I'm half Scottish, although I don't have the accent!) I can't wait!

I love those waterpark buses, they're so cute! And wooooo you went through the arches, best.part.ever. We always stay offsite so everytime we go to the parks I have my own little party when we enter Disney property each day!

The Wilderness Lodge always fascinated me too, I really want to explore it when we go next month (I got far too excited that I can say that now!) I hope my parents will agree!! I also love the Contemporary, so exciting that you got a fancy check in! Can't wait to hear why you had to wait so long for them to come back

Lauraclaireh on twitter

Well you said you wanted to do things differently! A Sept 2012 TR
Just one last time... please? A Sept 2012 PTR
It's Alright I'm Still Alive! July 2008 TR

WDW offsite 2001 (April), DLRP Hotel Cheyenne 2001 (June), DLRP Davy Crockett Ranch 2002 (August), DLRP offsite 2003 (August), WDW offsite 2004 (April), DLRP offsite 2005 (August), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2005 (December), DLRP School Day Trip 2006 (May), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2006 (December), WDW offsite 2008 (July), DLRP Sequioa Lodge 2009 (December) WDW offsite 2012 (September) WDW Kidani Village 2013 - our first DVC trip (December)
Old 08-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #90
Tinkerbell1989
DIS Veteran

Hi Marissa, I was just browsing the boards and came across you TR... the pixie dust drew me in!

Great start so far! Can't wait to hear more!
Steffi xx

2013's Big Celebration Christmas Trip 'Finally got my own way!'...October 2012 TR Playing 'I Spy' in Disney... December 2010 TR Our Youtube Channel

DLRP August 2004 DLRP June 2008

WDW October 2000 WDW April 2003 WDW December 2006 WDW December 2010 WDW CSR October 2012 WDW December 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: