Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #616
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

My favorite sign in the whole place says, "Stay away from unsafe ladders"

Sage advice.

Writers Stop has the best carrot cake cookie sandwiches in this world. In this World!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 09-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #617
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Yay for an update!

I love the Muppets area of DHS, but I've never been able to love the show as much as Philharmagic. The Muppets fountain is one of Disney's best though!

Such cute photos in front of Sci Fi!
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #618
MEK
DIS Veteran

Loved your update. I think the Muppets are so fun and I love everything about that attraction - the queue and the actual 3D movie.

Love the youtube link you posted to the Moooooopets! Love that song!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #619
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Awww, I love the Muppets! And Muppet Babies! I used to watch that all the time!

Haha, I love the randomness of this update, it's all over the place, but in a good way!

I'm not a big fan of the Voyage of the Little Mermaid either, I mean, I liked it, but I've never felt the need to see it more than once. It just seems like they could have done a lot more with it, you know? I cannot WAIT for the Little Mermaid ride in MK!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 09-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #620
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Great update Marissa! You got some really good pictures, I love the ones with our family I hope you guys got into a drawing class! That is something we've really got to do one of these days.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #621
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed the picture trip through Hollywood to start my Monday morning.
It's fun that interest in The Muppets has come back since the movie came out.

Next Monday morning, I'll be in Animal Kingdom.

But it will be for real!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 10-01-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #622
DonnaLeah
Enjoys a refreshing margarita with popcorn

I just wanted you to know how much I have been enjoying your TR! Keep the updates comin'!!

ps.....I am so thrilled that Once Upon a Time is back on Sunday nights!!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #623
Nairnyn
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh, I seriously thought that I was the only person on the planet who doesn't the Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

I mean....first off, the only time I went to see it was when it had just rained on a freezing January trip (literally freezing....it snowed!). And then you go in to what you think is a nice warm theater, and we literally got soaked. I didn't sign up to actually go under the sea!

Then after the first song or two, which were decent.....they sum up the whole last two thirds of the movie in a quick couple minutes of video montage. We were just sitting there going, "uh....what just happened? What happened to the PLOT?"

It's become this huge joke between me and my sister and uncle (the other two who were with me)....but then I see on DIS how everyone seems to love it. And I just don't get it.

Also....Waldo bothered me immensely, and Once Upon a Time is one of my new favorite shows.

Basically, if we hung out in real life, I think you and I would be best friends.

11/99: BWI; 10/05: Off property; 4/06: Off property; 10/06: SSR; 12/06: ASMovies; 12/07: ASMusic;
3/08: ASMovies; 12/08: Off property; 9/09: ASMovies; 1/10: Pop; 3/11: POR; 12/11: POR; 10/12-11/12: ASMusic
Old 10-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #624
TotalDreamer
Mouseketeer

Ahh it's really a shame how behind I am!! I'm getting caught up right now...
Old 10-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #625
tinkerbells mum
DIS Veteran

Another great update. I love Muppet Vision and can't wait to see it again. Really glad you pointed out where writers stop is we didn't find it last time. I can't wait for the new series of Once Upon a Time to start we haven't got a date for it over here yet, hope its as god as the last one xx
May 1989 WDW, off site April 1998 DLRP, Sequoia LodgeDec 2005 DLRP, Santa Fe Feb 2009, HNY June 2009 DLRP Cheyenne April 2011 WDW, POFQ Feb 2012 DLRP, Cheyenne April 2013 WDW POFQ Aug 2013 DLRP Kyraid, planning Easter 2015 at POFQMe DD (Tigger 17) Mushu

Old 10-01-2012, 05:10 PM   #626
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

I obsess over The Little Mermaid too! However I saw VotLM yesterday and the girl playing Ariel was terrible! All of her timing on the song was way off. Nobody can top Jodi Benson!
*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

DH (25) ME (25) Our furbabies Nani Shadow Penny
Old 10-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #627
xxnaomi89xx
Mouseketeer

Little bit late but I'm joining! . I'm the same when I'm in disney. Love being able to re-live my childhood, being able to forget about all the stresses of work ect.
I get major Disney blues when I get home and they pop up at random (typically when I'm having a hard day at work). I love reading trip reports to feel the Disney magic even when I'm not there. Can't wait to read more

"Let the memories begin"
Old 10-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #628
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Wow, I missed a lot while I was on vacation, but I'm all caught up!! Your pictures are so fantastic!! Love them all!

Fortunately/unfortunately, when we met Buzz and Woody, we were very near the front of the line, as we waited prior to the 9:15 opening, after riding TSM. The CM was not the most understanding/patient/kind CM and hurried everyone the the que line, not allowing any pictures at the photo stops. We snuck one or two, but very disappointing.

Looking forward to more of your pixie dust!!

Sept. 2012 TR: It's a Jungle Out There!!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989662
Old 10-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #629
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

MUPPETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"DID SOMEBODY SAY 'CHEAP 3D TRICKS??'"

Or, "And now, the 3 D's! I'm Dorothy! I'm Dinah! ...and I'm Max. Yeah, Debbie was sick, so the union sent me."

I'll stop for now, but I really could do this all day.

Yeah, I do think Waldo gets too much of the spotlight in the film, but he is cute. Personally, I'd always take more Rizzo or Pepe though! ("What's with the giant egg?" "Shh, it could be filled with chocolate, okay?")

Awww, Muppet Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabies! I used to watch that ALL the time! And yes, baby Rowlf is definitely the adorablest!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #630
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
I was there December 12-14th (painfully short, I know!) as a chaperone for a group of foreign exchange students. I've chaperoned this trip every year since 2009 and I love it! I'm hoping to go again this year, but it all depends on my job situation.

AHHHH! I love Muppets Take Manhattan! I found it on DVD for $5 at a grocery store a few years ago and it was basically the best day ever!

Muppet Vision is definitely a must do for me! I get what you mean about Waldo, though. But then I read that Muppet Vision was the last project that Jim Henson worked on before he passed away, and all was forgiven.

I think we share the same brain. I'm also not a VotLM fan! My big complaint is that the film quality is so poor. I mean, they've digitally remastered almost every Disney movie now, you'd think they could update the film in their own attractions.

(and WOAH! I've never been first to post after a TR update! I feel so cool. )
Oh okay! I arrived on the 14th last year. Haha. I totally understand short trips, don't even worry about it! I hope you'll be able to go too!

That's so awesome! That one and the original Muppet Movie are my favorites.

YES, exactly. That's another reason why I grew to love it so much. It's so sad to think about that though!

It really is. I agree with that completely. Plus, it's such a choppy story, and correct me if I'm wrong, but King Triton never even shows up as far as I remember! I was just very disappointed with that show.

Hahah congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
It was an amazing trip! My boyfriend and I actually got engaged at Cinderella's Royal Table so I guess it was just destined to be an amazing trip, definitely one of the best ones ever
Oh my gosh!!!! Congrats girl! That's just awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
And the fun filled DHS day continues! You truly sound like a blast to be with!! I've only seen VotLM once and we were WAY off to the side so didn't really see much! I was going to do it again and try and be more in the middle but we shall see!
It does indeed! I honestly think that this was the best time I'd ever had at that park!

Aww thanks! Aren't you sweet. Hahah I don't even know if you should bother with it! You don't get nearly the entire story. It's such a bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I'm all caught up on your TR now. Wooooohooo! I'm glad you update often. It is helping hold me over til my trip. I CAN. NOT. WAIT. Ahhhhhh!!!

I totally agree with you on the space used for Lights, Motors, Action... even though I am such a huge fan of Hollywood Studios in general and as a whole, I wish they would work as hard on some other things as they do with like Toy Story Mania and Tower of Terror... the potential is ENDLESS!!

I can't believe you saw a real live DEER. Jess and Kristen would fall over.

The cupcakes at Contempo look AMAZING. I have had them all on my list of things I must try for a long time. I don't know how I'm going to eat all these cupcakes I need to eat in 8 days, but I am going to make a valiant effort!

hahahaha ME TOO. I feel like I'm always trying to think of a new way to write about how excited I was, maybe a way to rephrase things, but it always just goes back to me being like yeah, I WAS SO EXCITED.
Yay! Hahah I'm glad! It's insanely soon! I'm so jealous!!!

Exactly! That's my problem with it, really. There IS so much potential that it's not living up to and it makes me sad because it could be so much more amazing than it already is! That park could easily be my favorite if a few things were different!

I was way too excited about seeing Bambi. I mean, there are deer in my backyard A LOT, but seeing one at Disney was so much more exciting.

You can do it! I'm rooting for you. CUPCAKES! I promise, the Contempo cupcakes are just Heavenly!

I know! There is basically no better way to convey excitement than saying you were excited! I'm always looking for other ways to say it too, but then I'm like... whatever. Everyone understands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Great update Marissa! I used to love Muppet Babies too.

I have never done Muppetvision though, I'm not sure why! That's gonna be a must do for our trip in 12 days!!
Thank you! Yes, that show was the best thing ever. I used to watch it all the time because we weren't allowed to watch very many cartoons!

Oh goodness, you must! It's great, once you get past stupid Waldo. (I really don't like him.) Wait, 12 days? Are you serious? AHHH that's so exciting! I honestly think everyone I know is going to Disney in the next month or so. I'm very jealous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
A few answers- 1. Yes, I did see the Muppet Babies... Why was the lady's name "Nanny"? Did they not have a mother? Also, shouldn't they all have different mother's anyway? In which case, shouldn't she be a babysitter or teacher? Because I imagine Nannies come to one's home-- in this case they would all be at her house... right? So confusing.

2. I do not know why there is a dinosaur in the lagoon... it seems odd to me as well.... now- considering I've never really thought about it before.

Question- Did you check for the key under the mat at Muppet Vision? I knew about it the last time we went, but did not look because the line was moving too quickly.
YAY. Muppet Babies was way too awesome. Hahha I always wondered that too! You're too funny. I really have no idea.

I think it's weird, but awesome. I love Gertie. I just don't understand her presence. Haha!

No I didn't ! I didn't even think about it because I was jamming to the area loop music. (Seriously.) I'm sure I wouldn't have had a chance to do it if I had thought about it because we went straight through to the pre-show area and there were a lot of people coming in. BUT, I'm glad you reminded me because I definitely want to look for it next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I am so ready to meet the Muppets.

Muppets Take Manhattan used to be my absolute FAVORITE! Especially when they were babies. I mean, come on! That song was the best part EVER!!!! Baby Gonzo......awesome.

I miss Muppet Babies too. Used to be part of my daily viewing routine. Along with Gummy Bears......oh, and Wuzzles......

I was just thinking about the fact that OUAT premieres tonight! I'm soooo excited! Everyone knows! GGAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I know I will adore the Little Mermaid ride too. I basically love EVERY dark ride!
Oh, good! Always be prepared.

I think it's definitely my favorite Muppet movie! Hahah it's seriously the cutest thing ever.

It was the best cartoon! It was one of the few we were allowed to watch there for a while. Okay, I've heard of Gummy Bears, but I didn't ever watch that one! (No idea why.) I've never heard of Wuzzles though.

Oh my gosh, did you watch it? It was phenomenal.

Dark rides are amazing already, but base one entirely off my lifelong favorite movie, and it's gonna be a hit with me. I probably will want to ride it at least 3 times in a row. Not that doing so will be possible, but it's worth a shot, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
I can't ever get my family into the Muppet zone. They just aren't that into the Muppets, so I have only seen that attraction once and I had to listen to DD whine about it the whole time. It was our last day and we were all pretty tired.

Once Upon A time !!! I love it, too !! I can't wait to see tonight's season premiere - YAY !!!
Nooooo! You must try! I don't see how it's possible to not be into the Muppets! Yall should give it another try!

The premiere was FANTASTIC! Ahhhhh.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: