Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #571
ALFranklin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Hi!!! Oh my goodness, it's nice to hear from you again! Did you stop doing your PTR or did I get unsubscribed somehow? Anyways, YES! She told me! I thought that was the funniest thing ever! It really is a small world, right? That's really sweet of you to say! Hahah, I guess you might know what's coming after seeing her photos then!
I am still doing my PTR, but had not posted on it until about a week ago. I started a new job and it has been consuming my ability DIS freely. I will try to post on it a couple of times between today and Saturday. We leave in 3 DAYS!!!! AAAACK!!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #572
MEK
DIS Veteran

Marissa -

Loved the Wishes Video. Want an awesome view! Isn't it interesting how the different elements of the show look so far away when you are watching from the Contemporary. Meaning the fireworks near the castle look so far away from the big firework bursts in the air.

I had the same experience taking a bus from the Contemp to HS. 10 other buses passed before we finally got one. Ugh - so frustrating.

And the whole waiting in line behind people whose tickets don't work. I HATE that. They probably weren't even their tickets originally. I guess I shouldn't say that, but why else wouldn't they want to go to guest services?

15 minute wait for TSM - that is awesome!!!!!!!

Be back later to see your pics (but I actually can see youtube videos...so post more...lol!)

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #573
ChelseyBun20
Earning My Ears

Okay.. I have just caught up with your TR and I am LOVING it!! You've made me laugh countless times already .

YAY for 15 minute wait at TSM! This has happened to us once or twice in the past.

Can't wait to read more.. In fact, I'm going to start reading your previous TR whilst I'm waiting!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #574
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Okay, so sorry I'm late. This week has seriously been ridiculous in our household for a VARIETY of reasons, and I was feeling kind of down at the beginning of the week... buuuut I'm okay now! Perhaps because it's closer to the weekend? That must have something to do with it.

ANYWAY, that poptart is very festive. And I love the hidden Mickey.

I love how you guys were off to DHS again! Gotta get the TSMM time in! But boo to having to wait forever for a bus. I swear that always happens on days where you have a time crunch to be somewhere! LAME. But at least you had an awesome bit of surroundings.

That is so weird about the dime being thrown at you by a bird, hahaha. Those birds in Disney, I swear, they're a different breed!

Those girls sound annoying. I HATE when guests are rude to CMs for no reason.. and it's typically because the guest is ignorant or stupid. I often wonder what is wrong with people.

I love the queue at TSMM! And that is kind of amazing that you only had to wait 15 minutes! I need to teach this to Matt when we see signs that it's not ALWAYS accurate in terms of the wait time posted! I sometimes ask CMs but I have gotten kind of snippy responses, so I just try to judge from the line I can see. Good call on your part!

OOOH I can't wait to see who you're off to meet!!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #575
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Always makes my day when you have added an update

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-AOA,BLT,WL (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 09-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #576
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Nice TSM luck! Maybe the CM's HAVE to say what the time board says to keep things consistent.
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

Old 09-22-2012, 02:08 AM   #577
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Yay for finally trying Le Cellier! I am glad that I got to eat there a couple of times before it got bumped up to 2 credits. It's yummy, for sure, but not sure that it's worth 2 precious TS credits. So many places to eat!!!

Cupcakes are divine....and those looked scrumptious. I love peanut butter cups, but have to admit, I am not sure I would like that cupcake. I don't always like PB in my desserts, but that red velvet one? Looks right up my alley!

Score for a short wait on TSMM!

And are you ready? Next Sunday baby! Once is back! I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #578
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
So a bird threw a dime at you??!! You may very well be the only person to ever MAKE money on a Disney trip!

Yikes, sorry about the buses (this makes me a little nervous for our upcoming trip), and the rude girls and the long wait...

but awesome that it turned out to be a short wait and that you guys had a blast! I hope the rest of your day was magical.
HAHAHA I think you're right!

Don't be nervous! We had great bus luck every other time we needed one!

It was amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFranklin View Post
I am still doing my PTR, but had not posted on it until about a week ago. I started a new job and it has been consuming my ability DIS freely. I will try to post on it a couple of times between today and Saturday. We leave in 3 DAYS!!!! AAAACK!!!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!
Understandable! Hope you're having a wonderful time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Marissa -

Loved the Wishes Video. Want an awesome view! Isn't it interesting how the different elements of the show look so far away when you are watching from the Contemporary. Meaning the fireworks near the castle look so far away from the big firework bursts in the air.

I had the same experience taking a bus from the Contemp to HS. 10 other buses passed before we finally got one. Ugh - so frustrating.

And the whole waiting in line behind people whose tickets don't work. I HATE that. They probably weren't even their tickets originally. I guess I shouldn't say that, but why else wouldn't they want to go to guest services?

15 minute wait for TSM - that is awesome!!!!!!!

Be back later to see your pics (but I actually can see youtube videos...so post more...lol!)
Thank you so much! The view was just perfect!

Oh no, did you really? That's weird! Luckily, that was the only time we experienced a long wait.

I mean, seriously! Who knows??? It could be something like that, otherwise, why were they SO insistent about it? Ugh, they were lame. Hahah!

It really was!!

Oh I will! I have a few more to post! They probably won't be quite as interesting at Wishes, but still! Hahah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseyBun20 View Post
Okay.. I have just caught up with your TR and I am LOVING it!! You've made me laugh countless times already .

YAY for 15 minute wait at TSM! This has happened to us once or twice in the past.

Can't wait to read more.. In fact, I'm going to start reading your previous TR whilst I'm waiting!
Aww thank you sweet girl! I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

It was amazing! It's always a wonderful surprise, even when it's stilly early on!

Aww, I hope to post more soon! Hopefully you've enjoyed reading the other one too. So glad to have you here!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Okay, so sorry I'm late. This week has seriously been ridiculous in our household for a VARIETY of reasons, and I was feeling kind of down at the beginning of the week... buuuut I'm okay now! Perhaps because it's closer to the weekend? That must have something to do with it.

ANYWAY, that poptart is very festive. And I love the hidden Mickey.

I love how you guys were off to DHS again! Gotta get the TSMM time in! But boo to having to wait forever for a bus. I swear that always happens on days where you have a time crunch to be somewhere! LAME. But at least you had an awesome bit of surroundings.

That is so weird about the dime being thrown at you by a bird, hahaha. Those birds in Disney, I swear, they're a different breed!

Those girls sound annoying. I HATE when guests are rude to CMs for no reason.. and it's typically because the guest is ignorant or stupid. I often wonder what is wrong with people.

I love the queue at TSMM! And that is kind of amazing that you only had to wait 15 minutes! I need to teach this to Matt when we see signs that it's not ALWAYS accurate in terms of the wait time posted! I sometimes ask CMs but I have gotten kind of snippy responses, so I just try to judge from the line I can see. Good call on your part!

OOOH I can't wait to see who you're off to meet!!
Listen, I've just now caught up on the DIS after practically an entire week of not checking it, so don't even worry about it.

Hahah, I mean that was the only reason I took the picture. I know everyone loves a good poptart picture, but ya know...

That is WAY too true. Seriously! It's because I was impatient! That seriously must be it.

They are! It's so strange. I guess he realized that it wasn't food? Hahah who knows.

They were SO annoying! Not only were they being rude to the CMs, they were holding everyone else up. It's like, how are you this self absorbed?

Yeah exactly! I mean, you'd think of all people, the CMs would know. I guess they get sick of hearing the question but it's not like we know... most of the time the lines are not the time they say they are.

Hahha hmm... just a couple guys I've been friends with since kindergarden!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
Always makes my day when you have added an update
Aww thank you, that's so nice! I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll have another update up for yall soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Nice TSM luck! Maybe the CM's HAVE to say what the time board says to keep things consistent.
It was! Hahah you know what? Maybe you're right! That's a good point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Yay for finally trying Le Cellier! I am glad that I got to eat there a couple of times before it got bumped up to 2 credits. It's yummy, for sure, but not sure that it's worth 2 precious TS credits. So many places to eat!!!

Cupcakes are divine....and those looked scrumptious. I love peanut butter cups, but have to admit, I am not sure I would like that cupcake. I don't always like PB in my desserts, but that red velvet one? Looks right up my alley!

Score for a short wait on TSMM!

And are you ready? Next Sunday baby! Once is back! I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!
I know! I completely agree, I just don't think it makes sense to suddenly have to pay double for the exact same meal...

They are! They're the best. I will say that the peanut butter in that cupcake is basically the peanut butter they put in Reese's. It's delicious! However, if that's really not your thing, the red velvet was amazing as well! We just couldn't get over how awesome those cupcakes were, seriously.

It was a beautiful thing.

Yes!!!! SO READY!!!! Ahhhhh one week!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:40 AM   #579
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post

It was crazy! Yeah, same for us. I mean, I don't know what made it say 60, but it wasn't even close!

We've found that most wait times show longer than they really end up being. Sometimes a 40 really means 25, and 25 goes by pretty fast when you are just standing there talking to your family and friends as you wait. For the most part, we pretty much only do walk-ons and ten minute waits, because we go early and use Fastpasses. I can't even tell you the last time we've truly waited in a 30 minute line for anything.

We do stand in line for Fantasmic, though. We usually get ice cream to have while we wait. It's worth a little standing for that to be able to get a good spot in the theater. If you get in on the tail end of the line and end up on the sides, you can't really get a good viewing of the water screens.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #580
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We've found that most wait times show longer than they really end up being. Sometimes a 40 really means 25, and 25 goes by pretty fast when you are just standing there talking to your family and friends as you wait. For the most part, we pretty much only do walk-ons and ten minute waits, because we go early and use Fastpasses. I can't even tell you the last time we've truly waited in a 30 minute line for anything.

We do stand in line for Fantasmic, though. We usually get ice cream to have while we wait. It's worth a little standing for that to be able to get a good spot in the theater. If you get in on the tail end of the line and end up on the sides, you can't really get a good viewing of the water screens.
Definitely! I just thought it was weird how there was such a large gap! I figured since it said 60, the wait would be at least 40 minutes. But 15? Crazy!!!

We usually don't wait in long lines either! However, since it was probably our last opportunity to ride it, it's our favorite, and the fastpasses were for too late in the day, we couldn't pass it by!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #581
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

The One With My Dear Friends

The One With My Dear Friends

July 31, 2012

IT... WAS... TIME... to meet Woody and Buzz! I was SO excited to meet them, yall. (When am I not excited about things though? I feel like I always say “I was so excited.” But it’s always true!!!!)

Toy Story came out when I was in first grade and it’s been a part of my life since then! It will always be my favorite Pixar movie, not just because it was the first one, but because I truly think it’s the best. It’s the most special to me. I just have a very deep love for all things Toy Story. I have vivid memories of seeing the movie in theaters and my mom being worried that I’d be scared of Sid. I wasn’t scared of him, I just thought he was an oddball. HAHA.

When we entered the meet and greet building, we immediately saw scenes from Toy Story all over the place! It was awesome. If you’ve never met Buzz and Woody at DHS, you need to. Seriously.

We waited for about 25 minutes to meet them, but it didn’t feel long at all because literally every inch of the line is a photo op!

The first one was BUZZ’S SPACESHIP!!!

Okay, I love both Woody and Buzz. I really do. However, Buzz has a slight edge. I just think he’s awesome. He’s the best space ranger EVER, obviously.

Jacob was the only one remotely short enough to stand in Buzz’s spaceship.

Next we came upon…

THE CLAAAAAAWWWWW.

“The claw is our master. The claw chooses who will go and who will stay.”

“This is ludicrous.”

“Hey bozo, you got a brain in there?”

I’m getting off topic (ish) here.

I’m really good at quoting Toy Story, if you couldn’t tell.

Right, so the CLAW!!!

It’s just too scary to handle.

Suddenly we found ourselves stuck in Sid’s room! AHHH.

I had to take a picture of that guy. He always makes me laugh when he turns off Woody’s flashlight, and Woody proceeds to freak out.

Okay, now look at THIS.

Binford Tools!!!

It’s a reference to Tim Allen’s show Home Improvement! (Funny story, you know how I’ve mentioned Full House several thousand times in this TR? Well, apparently, when we were a lot younger, my sister and I would call Full House the ‘little girl show’ and we’d call Home Improvement the ‘little boy show.’ Because on Full House, they had all daughters, and on Home Improvement, they had all sons! Precious, right?)

I love Tim Allen. So much. Maybe that’s why I love Buzz so much. Or maybe I love Tim Allen because he was Buzz. I’m very conflicted. He was also Santa Claus.) I just thought it was awesome that they made that reference.

I apologize for the state of this update. It’s just all over the place. GOODNESS.

Since we’re going in story order, (because we ARE) the next thing we came upon was the rocket! “I just lit a rocket. Rockets explode!”

Ahhhhh, TOY STORY!!!

Then began the part of the queue dedicated to Toy Story 2! (In case you were wondering, there aren’t any TS3 references, at least that I saw. I’m guessing it’s because the meet and greet was established long before that movie came out.)

What happens at the VERY beginning of Toy Story 2? The video game!

Who’s in the video game?

ZURG.

That picture makes me laugh. HAHA.

Ride like the wind, Bullseye!

“He’s mint in the box. Never been opened.”

That was basically the end of the photo ops, or at least the ones we were interested in. The last one I remember seeing was the suitcase, which I don’t think is as obvious as the rest of them. Do you even know what I’m talking about? (If not… at the end of TS2, when they’re at the airport, Jessie and Bullseye are in one suitcase and there is an identical one that has camera equipment inside it. The toys don’t know which one to go after. Drama galore!)

Do you know what happens when the photo ops run out? MEET AND GREET TIME!

I wanted to get my own picture with my boys because I love them so much.

Literally the only reason I wore that shirt is because Buzz and Woody are on it. Seriously. I had to show them! I’m still in first grade.

(Jacob wore his 2010 shirt for the very same reason!)

They were so excited to see themselves on my shirt though, so it was a good choice. When we went in for hugs, Woody accidentally stepped on my foot. I mean, I was wearing flip flops, but it was cool.

It reminded me of the Brady Bunch when Marsha met Davy Jones (rest his soul) and he kissed her on the cheek. She said she’d never wash that cheek again. So for me, it was something like, “I’ll never let anyone step on my foot again! It will never compare to Woody stepping on my foot. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!”

I’m really strange.

Here are some pictures!

See how I gaze at him??? I was star struck.

I decided to let them have some fun too. I’ll share. I guess. Whatever.

Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye to Woody and Buzz… but we’ll meet again someday!

We didn’t really have a destination in mind after that, but we knew we wanted to go see Muppet Vision, so we just decided to head in that direction!

On the way, we came upon some ginormous bottles of Coke.

Clearly, we’re fans.

I already have Cinderella on DVD, but I always love it when they release the classics!

Look, it’s some mermaid that isn’t Ariel! I’m not even sure why I cared enough to take a picture.

We passed through the Backlot Express, and I caught a glimpse of the ‘Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground thing’. I’d actually never seen it before, and I must say, if I hadn’t known what it was, I would have been REALLY confused.

While walking the streets of America, we came upon a sketchy area… so we made sure to “hang on to those purses and wallets, folks.”

I don’t know why, but I feel like that probably isn’t the most commonly photographed area of Walt Disney World. (IT SHOULD BE THOUGH! Hahah… jokes.)

San Francisco, yet another thing that reminds me of Full House. However, that particular ‘street’ reminds me of The Princess Diaries! Anyone? (I’m just full of references today.)

We turned a corner, and we suddenly came upon FOUR super stars!

Lightning and Mater were the first two! I think it’s awesome that you can ‘meet’ them even though technically they’re just there. My mom later said that ‘they were the most unfriendly characters we met.’ Thankfully, she was joking. At least they smiled for the picture!

The next two super stars we saw were…

(No, surprisingly I’m not talking about the guy in the blue shirt. Although who knows, maybe he will be famous someday and I’ll sell this picture for a million dollars.)

Phineas and Ferb! Aren’t they special? We didn’t meet them though. The line was long, it was hot, and… we had made it to MUPPET VISION!

Continued in Next Update

Last edited by marDgreen88; 09-30-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #582
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Great update!! I love all the different movie & show references.

We've never met Woody & Buzz @ DHS. And I don't think I've ever seen pictures of inside the building until now. I really enjoyed all of the pictures!

Phineas & Ferb are on our "must meet" list for next week. Yep....that's right....NEXT WEEK!!! But, it feels better saying, "We arrive at Disney THIS FRIDAY!"
Old 09-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #583
amazingact21
Upendi

Wow, that meet and greet queue really is cool. I love how all the Toy Story scenes are really in-depth and you can catch a bunch of details. and I love Tim Allen, too, because he played Santa Claus, and that's one of my favorite Christmas movies.

Looks like you were running into lots of characters that day!

Ahh, I've never thought of that hill in reference to Princess Diaries but now that you mentioned it, I'll never look at it the same way again!

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 09-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #584
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great update, I love all the pics from the waiting area for Buzz and Woody! I have to meet them sometime, especially since the waiting area is like walking throught the movies, it looks so cool! Hmm, I don't know who I like better, Buzz or Woody, they're both so great! I love Toy Story SO much! I have to watch all 3 movies before I go to Disney...in fact, I think I might save TS3 for packing day, that movie is probably one of my all time favorite Disney movies! I just love it!

I have to meet Phineas and Ferb too! Ugh, see, planning this next trip is SO hard! How am I going to ride TSM, get FP's AND meet Woody and Buzz AND Phineas and Ferb? It just doesn't seem possible!!!

Haha, I always think of Full House when I see the San Francisco scene too! And I LOVE the little nod to Binford tools! Disney is just so clever!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 09-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #585
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

OK, well now I am going to have to go into that meet and greet area because it is so cool looking! Love all your pictures before you even got to Woody and Buzz, especially the one of your brother strapped to the rocket. That's awesome.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: