Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #301
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Awww....your video so cute! I love that band....always exciting to hear them play. And I love the excitement over the castle!

Dinner sounds like it was a lot of fun! We've been pleased with eating at Chef Mickey's in the past. Looks like y'all had some great character interaction!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #302
Reberella
Mouseketeer

I LOVE that ribbon! How long did it take to come in? On the website it said ordering closes September 5 and I want 2 for Halloween... do you think I should order them now or wait until later? Thanks (:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #303
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Yay Chef Mickey's!!! I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed it! Also, glad you had an excellent Donald. That is really sweet about Goofy and your friend back home. Too bad your food got cold but the characters are the most important part, so it happens! Gotta love the napkin twirling!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #304
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I'm so glad that you guys had fun at Chef Mickey! The food's not outstanding, but the character interactions have always been amazing for us. DH insists that CM is our last meal of every trip!

Aren't the chef costumes adorable? They're my faves.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #305
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

I FINALLY caught up. Woohoo! I love the pictures of your view from Bay Lake! You had a fantastic location!

Yum for Contempo Cafe! I am not surprised your sister loved that flatbread... that thing is freakin' amazing!!!

Yay for getting FP's! Your pictures of the Castle seriously made me miss Disney SO MUCH. Gahh I can't wait to go back!

And I LOVE CHEF MICKEY'S!!!!! Seriously, that is one of my favorite meals. I love the character interaction and the FOOD. Nom nom. I'm glad you liked the Mickey Oreo Bon Bons! Those are awesome.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:47 AM   #306
monica23535
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you all enjoyed Chef Mickeys! The character interaction looked great!

Yum I could eat those mashed potatoes right now.....
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 08-22-2012, 04:49 AM   #307
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Music, Main Street, and Chef Mickey's - certainly makes a day magical, doesn't it??? Enjoyed the video!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:53 AM   #308
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats

What a gorgeous video!! Awwwhhhh the castle

I love your ribbon!! It's so cute!

It looks like you all had such a great time at chef mickeys!
Now I am super hungry though
Old 08-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #309
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Quote:
We all got ‘freshened up’ and ready to go to dinner. I stared out the window at the castle for a while. Normal, everyday stuff, ya know?
Right, exactly. Same here. Except oh wait, I was staring out at my neighbor's house and a tree. Sigh.

Aw, I love that pic of you & your bro! Awesome Up shirt!!!

Quote:
He’s my favorite member of the Fab Five. And by Fab Five, I do not mean the 2012 Women’s Gymnastic Team. Because if I did mean that, then certainly my favorite would not be Donald Duck, for he is not a woman gymnast.
Ok, now I'm going to have the image of Donald Duck competing in the women's gymnastic team at the Olympics in my head all day. HAHAHAHAHA
I just bought a bunch of those bows!!! Wooohooo I can't wait to wear them!

Aww! I love Minnie in her apron. It's been too long since I've been to Chef Mickey's, but it's so hard to get a reservation. Maybe next time!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #310
vassar36
Mouseketeer

love chef mickeys!!! Fantastic update

BLT March 2014
AKL/VWL June 2013 BWV/VWL Nov 2012 AKV March 2012 BCV June 2011
POFQ-March 2010 , VWL -March 2009 POP- April 2008 WL - July 2007 POP- May 2006 Contempary-1970-1980's FW- in the 1980's
Old 08-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #311
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

Way to go getting a Chef Mickey ADR, that one has always been to elusive for us to snag. I think I'm going to have to start just planning trips (that will all likely never happen) and get one 180 days out. We have always wanter to go there it looks so fun and delicious!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:04 AM   #312
MEK
DIS Veteran

I just watched your video (I can see those at work - shhhhhh!) and I have to say that it just brightened my morning. Thanks! Now I really can't wait to go back.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #313
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Awesome you have a great time at chef mickeys!! Never been there. I'm thinking if I go with my niece and nephew we will give it a try!!
It was great! That sounds like a lot of fun! I bet they would love it... I bet you'd love it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Awww your video is adorable, but it's making me wish I was on Main Street RIGHT NOW!

Chef Mickey's is fun, I've only been once but I liked the character interaction a lot! The food isn't that great but you don't really go there to eat!

I love your bow, I was wondering what it was and where you got it when I saw the pictures, and then I read the paragraph! So cute!
Thank you! Ugh I totally get it, it's the same for me!

It is! I liked the food, at least what I got to eat! HAHA.

Thanks!!! Yeah, there's another one coming up later too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for a fun meal at Chef Mickey's! Now I want ice cream!!
It was a lot of fun, for sure! Hahah I understand... I always want ice cream. Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Chef Mickey's is always a good time. Your interaction with Donald sounds like so much fun!
It really was great! AND, I have a video of it! HOORAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Loved the video of the band...err, philharmonic. LOL. I just love hearing them.

Yay for Chef Mickey's! Bummer the line for the picture was long but yeah, it's not like they give you the picture for free (which I think they should, haha). I wish that when my sister and I went last year I would've thought to ask them to take a picture with my camera. Oh well. Ohh I hate it when you get pictures and someone isn't looking at the camera! It just gets too confusing with photopass and everything. But your picture with Mickey is still cute!

haha oh yes, the Fab Five (gymnastics version, not Disney version) has apparently renamed themselves the Fierce Five. Maybe they did it because they know about the Disney characters.
Thanks! Hahaha. I love them too. It's funny though, since I've only really heard them play one song!

It's fine, we weren't planning on taking the picture anyway! It all worked out. OH, I KNOW. It kept happening! Omg, it's really annoying, I won't lie. ALL of my pictures from Akershus have the princesses looking at the wrong camera! Sigh. But thanks! I could tell the blurry one was cute too, but what are ya gonna do? Hahah.

That's definitely why they did it. Makes sense to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fox Menagerie View Post
Looking forward to your trip report!
Look no further!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
Nom! Nom! Nom! I LOVE those Parmesan mashed potatoes. I could live off those, I swear. Throw in one of the Mickey Oreo Thingies and you've got a balanced meal...at least in my book!

Not gonna lie, I don't have a sophisticated palate by any means, but I really enjoy Chef Mickey's for the characters AND food. Heck, it's better than I could cook, so that's a win right there!
OH YES. I basically love all mashed potatoes that aren't instant. SO GOOD. Haha, I completely agree.

I don't either! I really liked the food I ate that wasn't cold! Yum. EXACTLY. HAHAHA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Okay, LOVE the video! It made me so happy, and I love Jacob's enthusiasm to see the castle. I'm with him, GET ME TO THAT BEAUTIFUL CASTLE!

UMM HELLO! MY FAVORITE DISNEY SHIRT I OWN, we have such good taste, no?! AND I lovelovelove your headband/Donald ribbon! I might have to buy a few of these for our trip, they're just too cute!

I love your photo with Donald! Those "candid" photos are my favorites at Disney World! Donald is ridiculously cute, I must say!

Not gonna lie, that food looks delish right now! PLUTOOOOO! Mickey and Pluto are my favs. of the fab 5. Mickey has always been number one, but Pluto has become a favorite because he just reminds me of my dogs who I adore... plus my character interaction with him last trip was adorable. So basically, I'm a dork who is in love with meeting characters.

I've had some amazing cornbread at Disney buffets, and also at Whispering Canyon! Disney knows what they're doing!

I'm with you on the chicken nuggets; Disney chicken nuggets are my favorite.

Sounds like you guys had a great meal! I will have to check out Chef Mickey's at some point, clearly!

Can't wait to see what you guys are up to next!
Thanks! Aww. Hahha yeah, exactly. I was like YEP, let's go.

Yes, we do!!! I love that shirt! THANK YOU AHHH, you should totally order some! I really want the Buzz/Woody ones! AND ALL THE ARIEL ONES.

Aw thanks! I agree, they're a lot of fun! Donald is precious... I love him.

It was really good!!! Aww that's too cute. I love them all! You really can't go wrong with the FAB FIVE! And um. So am I. It's fine.

Oh yes. The cornbread was so good! I just couldn't eat it all... no clue why??? And YES. Hahah, chicken nuggets are my go-to counter service meal!

I'd recommend it!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 08-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #314
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Awww....your video so cute! I love that band....always exciting to hear them play. And I love the excitement over the castle!

Dinner sounds like it was a lot of fun! We've been pleased with eating at Chef Mickey's in the past. Looks like y'all had some great character interaction!
Thank you! They're awesome. Hahha we were an excited bunch, I must say.

It was! All the characters were great, but Donald was fantastic! He was the best, hands down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
I LOVE that ribbon! How long did it take to come in? On the website it said ordering closes September 5 and I want 2 for Halloween... do you think I should order them now or wait until later? Thanks (:
Thank you! Um... like 3 weeks? But I got a fastpass. Yes, girl, I'd say go for it!!! Better safe than sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasdisneygal View Post
Yay Chef Mickey's!!! I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed it! Also, glad you had an excellent Donald. That is really sweet about Goofy and your friend back home. Too bad your food got cold but the characters are the most important part, so it happens! Gotta love the napkin twirling!
Hooray! Thanks! Hahha, exactly. Donald was perfect. Ehhh it's okay. I still enjoyed what I ate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I'm so glad that you guys had fun at Chef Mickey! The food's not outstanding, but the character interactions have always been amazing for us. DH insists that CM is our last meal of every trip!

Aren't the chef costumes adorable? They're my faves.
Thanks! I really liked the food that I ate! I agree, the characters are fantastic (especially that Donald)! Aww that's cute. That sounds like a good tradition to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
I FINALLY caught up. Woohoo! I love the pictures of your view from Bay Lake! You had a fantastic location!

Yum for Contempo Cafe! I am not surprised your sister loved that flatbread... that thing is freakin' amazing!!!

Yay for getting FP's! Your pictures of the Castle seriously made me miss Disney SO MUCH. Gahh I can't wait to go back!

And I LOVE CHEF MICKEY'S!!!!! Seriously, that is one of my favorite meals. I love the character interaction and the FOOD. Nom nom. I'm glad you liked the Mickey Oreo Bon Bons! Those are awesome.
Hooray! Thank you! Oh my gosh it was just phenomenal. Still can't believe it!

Hahah I was! She doesn't eat stuff like that, at least I didn't think so!

It was AWESOME. Aww I totally get it! BUT YOU GET TO GO TO DISNEYLAND!!!

I loved it too! It was such a cute place and the food (that I ate at least) was so good! Especially the mashed potatoes AHHHH. The characters are wonderful!!! I got some of them on video including the Donald one! LOVE. AND YES. That was awesome! Hahha I wasn't sure if I should call it a bon bon since that's why they call the ones at Cape May... but I guess that's what it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
I'm glad you all enjoyed Chef Mickeys! The character interaction looked great!

Yum I could eat those mashed potatoes right now.....
Thank you! It really was!!! I got it on video, too!

Oh me too! I could eat mashed potatoes for every meal to be honest. HAHA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Music, Main Street, and Chef Mickey's - certainly makes a day magical, doesn't it??? Enjoyed the video!
Exactly!! Aww thanks! I'm glad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
What a gorgeous video!! Awwwhhhh the castle

I love your ribbon!! It's so cute!

It looks like you all had such a great time at chef mickeys!
Now I am super hungry though
Thank you! It's just a wonderful thing.

Thank you! I love it too. There's another one in a future update as well!

We really enjoyed it! It was a great first night meal! Hahha, sorry I made you hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Right, exactly. Same here. Except oh wait, I was staring out at my neighbor's house and a tree. Sigh.

Aw, I love that pic of you & your bro! Awesome Up shirt!!!

Ok, now I'm going to have the image of Donald Duck competing in the women's gymnastic team at the Olympics in my head all day. HAHAHAHAHA
I just bought a bunch of those bows!!! Wooohooo I can't wait to wear them!

Aww! I love Minnie in her apron. It's been too long since I've been to Chef Mickey's, but it's so hard to get a reservation. Maybe next time!
HAHAH. Sigh indeed. I look out the window and see... a car. It's thrilling, really.

Thank you! I love that shirt. It just DISNEY. BAM.

Donald may be a bird, but he definitely doesn't fly as high on those bars as that Gabby Douglas.

Did you?!?! That's so exciting, which ones did you get? I want more haha.

She is precious. Aw man! Next time for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassar36 View Post
love chef mickeys!!! Fantastic update
It's great, isn't it? Thank you so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Princesses View Post
Way to go getting a Chef Mickey ADR, that one has always been to elusive for us to snag. I think I'm going to have to start just planning trips (that will all likely never happen) and get one 180 days out. We have always wanter to go there it looks so fun and delicious!
Hahah thanks! I actually didn't realize it was a tough one to get! We did so much ADR shuffling before the trip... I think I got that one a couple months out, to be honest! Hopefully one day you'll get to go though, it really was so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I just watched your video (I can see those at work - shhhhhh!) and I have to say that it just brightened my morning. Thanks! Now I really can't wait to go back.
HAHA, I won't tell, I promise! Aww, thank you! That's awesome, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 08-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #315
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

You guys all look like you are having so much fun at Chef Mickey's what a wonderful place to have a 1st dinner at the world, and how perfect that you were right there at the contemporary!

I have to say, your brother has great taste! Pluto is my favorite too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: