Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #286
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Finally caught up!

Your brother is adorable....nothing like watching Disney through the eyes of a child or child at heart!

I've told the story before but I ate dinner at Narcoosee's on Valentine's Day about 4 years ago and Tom, Katy, Suri, Conner, and Katy's parents were two tables away. I ended up being alone in the ladies' room with Katy and Suri who really is adorable (and was very well behaved!). I don't know where they were staying but they were low key and very polite..not demanding or rude to the staff.

Jill in CO
Hooray!

He is! I'd say thank you but I have nothing to do with it! I completely agree.

That's cool! I don't doubt that they're nice people, at all. I just didn't really want to see them because I thought it would create unnecessary crowds!

Thanks for catching up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackyallred View Post
HELLO! I have LOVED reading your TR so far! You crack me up! I love how well you express your excitement. If you are this fun to read about, I am guessing you must really be fun to enjoy WDW with! Our next trip is now just 3 weeks away and after reading your report I feel too excited to sleep. Can't wait to read more! Congrats on all the pixie dust! It is fun to see how much you appreciated it!
HI! Well thank you so much! You are too kind! Hahah well, I don't want to toot my own horn, but a Disney trip with me would undoubtedly be your best ever. I'm totally kidding, but I will say that I do have a lot of fun!

THREE WEEKS! Wow, that is so soon. That's so exciting, and I totally get it! Thank you so much for reading and joining in, and for saying all those nice things! It is very much appreciated! I'm so glad to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATEGIRL007 View Post
Ok all caught up. Sounds like the trip is off to a great start.

I would have had your reaction to the upgrade and more. If I looked out my bedroom window to that view I would have needed to be scraped off the floor several times that week. That is just breathtaking, what a memory!

I love everything about your villa, if only I could fit that artwork and the bedspread into my luggage. Hmmm decisions, decisions.
Yay! It was basically the greatest start of a trip ever! Hahaha.

I understand. I don't even know what I did. Who knows how long I was out, really? HAHA. It's one of the best memories ever! I'll never forget it!

The villa was perfect. I know, right? I wanted it all! I basically wanted to move in and stay forever. You know, the normal stuff.

Glad you're all caught up!

-Marissa
Old 08-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #287
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Video Part 2

Video Time!

Yeah, baby.

It's the Main Street Philharmonic and our first moments in Magic Kingdom!!!

And no, I did not purposely film random stranger's badunks. It was a total accident... it's not a good idea to try to watch what you're filming OVER the camera. You end up filming something else.

ALSO. Does anyone know of anywhere else I could possibly share videos besides you tube? I figured that when I got the camcorder, the quality would be much better. While it IS much better, it still looks awful on you tube, and I realized it's because it gets messed up in the uploading process. It's quite annoying because it looks great on just a regular video player! Anyways, if you know of anything, please enlighten me!

VIDEO: Main Street Philharmonic and CASTLE!

Enjoy!!!

Continued in Next Video Post

-Marissa

Last edited by marDgreen88; 08-25-2012 at 01:28 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2012, 12:19 PM   #288
GrimGrinningStitch
A Swinging Wake

I've never seen that band before! Hopefully I'll catch them during one of my future trips. What a great way to start a trip to MK!

Also, Main Street seems awesomely empty! It had to be nice to not be pushed around by crowds, and gave you guys a perfect view of the castle.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #289
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Oh, I love it!! "What a beauteous sight!"

I love your brother's thinking--"Can we see the castle!?!?!" Come on, guys, let's get movin'! Move it or lose it, people!

As for sites, Brandon likes to use Vimeo. It is definitely a better quality than you tube.

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 08-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #290
AimeeMichele
Mouseketeer

I just started reading and am to the point where you did the big reveal of the view of your room...ahem...rooms I am loving your TR and all of your pictures (I always take pictures of the most random things, sometimes so random I can't even recall where they are from or what they are). Anyways, back to reading along and enjoying every minute of it
Old 08-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #291
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningStitch View Post
I've never seen that band before! Hopefully I'll catch them during one of my future trips. What a great way to start a trip to MK!

Also, Main Street seems awesomely empty! It had to be nice to not be pushed around by crowds, and gave you guys a perfect view of the castle.
They're awesome! I would recommend it for sure!

Hahah, I guess it does! How odd! It was around 2:00 at that point so I have no idea why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
Oh, I love it!! "What a beauteous sight!"

I love your brother's thinking--"Can we see the castle!?!?!" Come on, guys, let's get movin'! Move it or lose it, people!

As for sites, Brandon likes to use Vimeo. It is definitely a better quality than you tube.
Hahah thank you!

Exactly! He loved listening to the band but as soon as they were gone, he was all about the castle. (And so was I. Haha!)

OH, okay! I'll have to look at Vimeo-thanks for letting me know!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimeeMichele View Post
I just started reading and am to the point where you did the big reveal of the view of your room...ahem...rooms I am loving your TR and all of your pictures (I always take pictures of the most random things, sometimes so random I can't even recall where they are from or what they are). Anyways, back to reading along and enjoying every minute of it
HI!! Welcome! Thank you so much, I'm so glad you're enjoying! That's so sweet. I hope you continue to enjoy, and I'm glad you're here!

-Marissa
Old 08-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #292
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

The One Where We Celebrate Chef Mickey's!

The One Where We Celebrate Chef Mickey's!

July 29, 2012

When we got back to the Contemporary, we headed towards the Skyway! (The Skyway is NOT to be confused with the Highway in the Sky, which we just got off of!) If you donít know what it is, itís basically a raised walkway that connects the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower. If youíre starting out at the Contemporary, you go from the fourth floor. After you walk across it, you end up on the fifth floor of Bay Lake Tower. Iím not really sure why theyíre different, but I promise it gets less confusing after you get used to it! After you get to BLT you just go in the elevator to get to your floor. (Unless your room happens to be on the fifth floorÖ then youíd just walk down the hall. Hahah.) Now listen, I know that sounds like a long and involved process, but it really isnít at all. It becomes second nature. It was a lot more convenient to us than finding our building at All Star Music on our last family trip. (I admit, when I stayed at All Star Movies, I was confused EVERY SINGLE TIME I walked to my room. I never got the location down. Iím a little directionally challenged, sure, but even the times when I thought I was going the right way I somehow wasnít. Goodness. This just felt so much more direct.)

ANYWAYS! It didnít take us long at all to get used to our room location! It already felt like home.

We all got Ďfreshened upí and ready to go to dinner. I stared out the window at the castle for a while. Normal, everyday stuff, ya know?

Before long, it was time to leave for our ADR! We didnít have to go very far! We went to the elevator, got off on the fifth floor, walked across the skyway, and entered the Contemporary!

Where were we going???

Thatís where.

It was our first time here so we were really excited! It was a no brainer to go there while we were staying on Contemporary property!

Our reservation was for 5:05, and the restaurant opens at 5:00, so the check-in line was understandably long.

We didnít mind!

It didnít take long at all to get through the line, and then I checked us in. The CM handed me a pager and directed us to get in line to get our picture taken. I told her we werenít planning on taking the picture, so she told us to sit down and just wait for the buzzer to go off.

We skipped the photo-opp because, first of all, there was a long line just to get it taken! Secondly, the picture itself isnít free, and Iíve heard that they come around during your meal and try to sell it to you. Well, no thanks. All of the pictures that Iíve seen from different people on the DIS have been really cute, but for us, it just didnít seem necessary. Our buzzer went off quickly, so skipping the picture ended up being faster! Hooray for speed.

We were led to our table, which was extremely close to the buffet. WIN. Our server came over and introduced herself. She let us know that Goofy and the head chef himself, Mickey Mouse, were both heading our way and that we might want to wait to head to the buffet until they were done. I had no problem with that because well, I love Goofy and Mickey.

While we waited, I took some pictures!

I want one! At first I thought the yellow bottles were mustard bottles. Then I realized they were the salt and pepper shakers! Oh. That definitely makes more sense than having two bottles of mustard on the table.

The first character to visit was GOOFY! He was so sweet!

One of my momís friends has recently been diagnosed with cancer, but she is literally the most positive person ever and has SUCH a great attitude about it. Her favorite character is Goofy, so she asked my mom to give Goofy a hug for her. Goofy was very touched by that. What a sweetheart.

Next up was MICKEY!

Yeah, all I got of Mickey and I was a side picture. For whatever reason, my family decided that they all had to take pictures at the same time. So throughout the TR, there will be multiple pictures where SOMEONE is not looking at the right camera. It was a recurring thing. I was looking at MY camera in this picture, but of course, the picture on MY camera was extremely blurry. BOO! Ehh, oh well.

After those first two characters were gone, we headed to the buffet. I knew Donald was coming up soon, and I couldnít miss him! I ended up getting food for Jacob and myself, and I think I skipped a lot of stations because Donald kept getting closer and closwer! I was NOT missing him!

Heís my favorite member of the Fab Five. And by Fab Five, I do not mean the 2012 Womenís Gymnastic Team. Because if I did mean that, then certainly my favorite would not be Donald Duck, for he is not a woman gymnast. It would be Aly Raisman. Although, theyíre called the Fierce Five now, arenít they? WHATEVER! Hahaha, I like Donald the best. Letís just leave it at that.

Anyways, when I saw that he was at the table before ours, I basically ran back to the table so I wouldnít miss him. Turns out I wouldnít have missed him anyway, because he was spending a good amount of time with the group before us. It was a pretty large group. I got out my video camera and started filming him so I could record our Ďconversation!í

So, as soon as Donald was done with the other people and started making his way to us, he immediately noticed my camera and walked RIGHT TO IT. It was hilarious! He and I had a nice chat about how he was my favorite and I was wearing my special Donald bow for him!

(Side note: If you are interested in what I mean when I say my Ďspecial Donald bow,í READ ON! Guys, you can basically skip this whole paragraph. HAHA. OKAY. So I found this amazing site called Magical Ribbons earlier this year. It used to be Disney Ribbons, but the owner changed it because she obviously didnít have the rights to the Disney name. Anyways, she makes all these AMAZING bows based on a bunch of Disney characters! When I first saw the website, I thought they were adorable, but I figured I would be fine not ordering any because I could just wear my Minnie ears. Well, then I read her story. It really touched me and I just felt like I should buy from her, so I did, and now Iím slightly addicted! I have five, and I probably want more. The owner of the site, Hayley, was so sweet and she does an amazing job on these. AND, she does it all herself. Anyways, if you want to know more, feel free to PM me! I highly recommend it.)

Donald was FANTASTIC! It was honestly one of the best character interactions that Iíve ever had! It made me so happy. Somehow, we never got a real picture, but my sister took this one:

I love it!

After Donald left, I remembered I had a plate of food I should probably eat.

I got cornbread, mashed potatoes, a slice of pizza, a piece of turkey (from the carving station), Mickey-roni and cheese, a piece of broccoli, and a couple of chicken nuggets with honey mustard dressing.

(This is what happens when youíre rushing through the buffet line. HAHA. Just so you know, the buffet had MUCH more to offer than this. I promise.)

Weíll come back to my food later. I could not focus on food at the moment. I was too excited about Donald, and I saw that Minnie and Pluto would be coming soon!

I barely got started on my food when Minnie came! She was so cute in her little apron and so sweet!

For whatever reason, that's the only photo I have of Minnie! What on earth? I have no idea what happened to the rest. I guess they're all on someone else's camera. If I ever find them, I'll post them!

After Minnie, I decided I really needed to eat. I started eating my cornbread, but as soon as I had food in my mouth, up came Pluto!

Pluto is Jacob's FAVORITE!

He kind of had to rush off, because it was almost time for the party! Do you know what that means?!?!

NAPKIN TWIRLING!

Oh yes. Iím a fan.

Nobody on our side of the restaurant was really doing any napkin twirling, but I got my family to do it for a little bit. I was into it.

After that, I could finally give my food the attention it deserved. Hereís where I made a mistake: it was mostly cold! HAHAHA. I had waited too long to actually eat that everything got cold. Way to go, Marissa.

At that point, I honestly didnít even care anymore. I ate the food that was still warm. Here are my thoughts: the cornbread was good, but the piece was too big. I should have cut it in half and given the other half to someone else, because I didnít want the whole thing. I love cornbread, but only in smaller portions. The mashed potatoes were great! I honesty would have been happy eating just mashed potatoes. Theyíre basically my favorite food ever. I could eat them every day. That wouldnít be wise, but I could do it. AH YUM.

The chicken nuggets were good. They were the same kind you can get at basically any counter service location at Disney, but I actually really like those so I was happy! The pizza had gotten cold, so it was gross. Iím betting it would have been great when it was still hot! The turkey was delicious. It was nice and moist and had a really nice flavor, so I was happy with it. The broccoli was too hard for my liking, and had also gotten cold. The Mickey-roni and cheese was good as well.

Basically, Iím not the best person to give a Chef Mickeyís review. I can tell you though, that my family really liked their food! I liked what I ate, thatís for sure! Hopefully someday Iíll go back and actually eat when Iím supposed to. HAHA.

I know I could have gone back to the buffet to get replacements for the stuff that had gotten cold, but at that point I honestly didnít care anymore. I wanted dessert. OH YES.

Jacob ended up with vanilla/chocolate swirl soft serve with hot fudge and M&Mís, and a brownie.

This is what I got!

I had a brownie, a mini cheesecake, and a Mickey OreoÖ thing. (Thatís the official name, clearly.)

It was all delicious, but my favorite was the Mickey OreoÖ thing. It was an Oreo topped with chocolate mousse and chocolate disks as ears! The mousse was delicious, and the Oreo was soft, which I thought made it really good and most likely easier to eat.

Everyone else got dessert too, of course, but only my mom took a picture.

She got basically the same stuff as me, only instead of a brownie, she had bread pudding. She said it was all really good! (Her mini cheesecake looks different because hers came with a raspberry. Mine came with a blueberry.)

All in all, we had a great time at Chef Mickeyís! We paid our check (with meal credits, thankfully) and said FARVEL to Mickey and the gang!

Continued in Next Update

-Marissa

Last edited by marDgreen88; 12-01-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #293
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Awesome you have a great time at chef mickeys!! Never been there. I'm thinking if I go with my niece and nephew we will give it a try!!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #294
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Awww your video is adorable, but it's making me wish I was on Main Street RIGHT NOW!

Chef Mickey's is fun, I've only been once but I liked the character interaction a lot! The food isn't that great but you don't really go there to eat!

I love your bow, I was wondering what it was and where you got it when I saw the pictures, and then I read the paragraph! So cute!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 08-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #295
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for a fun meal at Chef Mickey's! Now I want ice cream!!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #296
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Chef Mickey's is always a good time. Your interaction with Donald sounds like so much fun!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #297
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Loved the video of the band...err, philharmonic. LOL. I just love hearing them.

Yay for Chef Mickey's! Bummer the line for the picture was long but yeah, it's not like they give you the picture for free (which I think they should, haha). I wish that when my sister and I went last year I would've thought to ask them to take a picture with my camera. Oh well. Ohh I hate it when you get pictures and someone isn't looking at the camera! It just gets too confusing with photopass and everything. But your picture with Mickey is still cute!

haha oh yes, the Fab Five (gymnastics version, not Disney version) has apparently renamed themselves the Fierce Five. Maybe they did it because they know about the Disney characters.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #298
The Fox Menagerie
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to your trip report!

Apr 2014 Disneyland Hotel, Jun 2013 Polynesian Resort, Aug 2011 Disneyland Hotel, Dec 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Nov 2010 Paradise Pier Hotel, Aug 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2010 Disneyland Hotel , Jun 2009 Grand Floridian Resort, Jun 2009 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder, Apr 2008 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2007 Paradise Pier Hotel, Apr 2004 Disneyland Hotel, Oct 1999 Off Property Orlando, July 1995 Off Property Disneyland, June 1990 Off Property Disneyland
Old 08-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #299
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Nom! Nom! Nom! I LOVE those Parmesan mashed potatoes. I could live off those, I swear. Throw in one of the Mickey Oreo Thingies and you've got a balanced meal...at least in my book!

Not gonna lie, I don't have a sophisticated palate by any means, but I really enjoy Chef Mickey's for the characters AND food. Heck, it's better than I could cook, so that's a win right there!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 08-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #300
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Okay, LOVE the video! It made me so happy, and I love Jacob's enthusiasm to see the castle. I'm with him, GET ME TO THAT BEAUTIFUL CASTLE!

UMM HELLO! MY FAVORITE DISNEY SHIRT I OWN, we have such good taste, no?! AND I lovelovelove your headband/Donald ribbon! I might have to buy a few of these for our trip, they're just too cute!

I love your photo with Donald! Those "candid" photos are my favorites at Disney World! Donald is ridiculously cute, I must say!

Not gonna lie, that food looks delish right now! PLUTOOOOO! Mickey and Pluto are my favs. of the fab 5. Mickey has always been number one, but Pluto has become a favorite because he just reminds me of my dogs who I adore... plus my character interaction with him last trip was adorable. So basically, I'm a dork who is in love with meeting characters.

I've had some amazing cornbread at Disney buffets, and also at Whispering Canyon! Disney knows what they're doing!

I'm with you on the chicken nuggets; Disney chicken nuggets are my favorite.

Sounds like you guys had a great meal! I will have to check out Chef Mickey's at some point, clearly!

Can't wait to see what you guys are up to next!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: