Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #271
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
That is just awesome! Even I'm a little teary... an the pic of her running with Alice... is just... a dream! That's so cool... I always imagined that was stuff Disney only did for commercials. But It's so cool that she got to do that... that is an amazing Disney memory!
It really was so amazing! The sad thing is that her dad missed it . He was letting her little sister run around at Pooh's Playful Spot (may it rest in peace) while I stayed with her so she could dance to the music. It all happened so fast that I just snapped pictures and cried. Her dad's the photographer, so I'm happy I got ANY shot, but I absolutely love them running off together. I've got a million more. It was just pure magic. It really was like a commercial.

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 08-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #272
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Here here!!!! I'm going to catch up, sorry for my tardiness ma'am.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #273
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Oh sorry. The 3D Dessert Party is a F&W event in the fall. Basically a big party with all you can eat desserts, and some alcohol. Then you get special viewing for Illuminations. At least this is what I have heard! Never been to F&W before so excited to try it for the first time!
Old 08-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #274
Mouseteacher
Being tagged makes you feel warm and fuzzy!
Now knows the truth
3 tags = perfection

Loving your report!

My family and I were there at the same time as you - our stay was July 30-August 4. The Contemporary is my sentimental favorite resort. We have stayed there several times - would love to try BLT. However, lately we really like the Epcot resort area and have been staying at the Swan/Dolphin.

The upgrade you received at BLT was pixie dust indeed. The room was spectacular. Thanks for sharing pictures.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #275
MeMom
DIS Veteran

We were not a bit thrilled with the monorail voice. I want our old voice back!

We love the energy, color, and characters of parades.

I like that old time Main Street feel, too. I think DIStown would have a Main Street much like that. We would be on our way to the grocery store, and all of the sudden people would jump out of the trolley and start belting out some tunes! I'd be willing to stop in traffic for that.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #276
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

All right my comments.

Whenever something is repeated in another language, is it EXTREMELY important. That's why I repeat everything I say in another language....

Anyplace that's a no shame zone is good with me.

Dude, it regularly takes me 500 hours to pack. It feels like it takes FOREVER!

My cat always looks furious with me when I leave her too. It's a cat thing I think.

Landing early, bonus!

I love the Wilderness Lodge. I only stayed there once for a few days, but it's a great resort for sure. And it's a HOUSE MADE OUT OF LOGS!

The Contemporary is Disney World for me. I don't understand why. I think it's because it's the hotel I remember seeing the first time we went, so it always remains in my head that way.

I love getting a room right away when it's technically not supposed to be ready until later! Pixie dust!

It's okay to cry. Really.

Wow, you got a two bedroom?! And a MK view. Awesome. Your view was almost identical to ours last July. So so perfect.

You poor thing! I would have eaten my arm at that point if I had gone that long without food. Get food in thee stat!

The thing about the Contempo Cafe that's the best are the cupcakes! For sure. We ate several of them too.

Seriously? You've been there such a short time and already had a gallon of pixie dust dropped on you. How awesome!

I knew there was a Country Bears movie. And I love the Country Bears. No shame, no shame.

My favorite part about fastpasses is walking past all of the other people waiting in line. I have no shame. I don't care that they hate me in that moment.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #277
danimaroo
DIS Veteran

Here I am, thinking you guys are off to Epcot...

Juuuust kidding. If you didn't go to MK first I would have been mega confused! BUT ANYWAY.

So wait, the Monorail guy, when did they switch him?! Does this mean when we go it'll be different?! AHHHH, not sure how I'm feeling about this right now!

I've seen the MS Philharmonic like.. once in passing. It's quite delightful! There is no shame in Disney World! I'll march right around with my Mickey ears on and not even care. That's why it's favorite place to be; you can just be yourself and not have to worry!

THIS IS WHY I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO DISNEYLAND... I mean, to walk on the streets that Walt did... Ahhhh.

That Country Bear Jamboree seems fun, but we just never get to doing it. Maybe next time. But OMG, so in Disneyland, they got rid of it, right, and put Winnie the Pooh where it used to be. EXCEPT that apparently if you're on Winnie the Pooh and look behind you, you'll see some of the pieces from Country Bear Jamboree just chillin' there! It's super creepy!.. and of course I'm totally going to look for it when we go.

SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!!! Be still, my heart. I love that so so so much. I am praying that it will be open in January, because of how many times we went on it last time. But if it's not, at least we'll go on it in Disneyland... BUT STILL, I hope it's open. VERY good use of those FPs!

That photo/description of Honest John cracked me up. I've never watched that parade either! I mean, walked past it and did a little dance, but that's it. I feel like we're either doing other stuff in the park when it happens or walking in as it goes by, haha.

I love those little happy moments you have... Like, I feel like I get those moments a lot when walking Main Street or riding the PeopleMover... Sigh, I love it so much.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #278
megan_in_pink
Mouseketeer

Wow! lucky you to get thoes passes.

500 hrs to pack also. We should have a club.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #279
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Your brothers reaction to the view of the castle? Adorable! I love it, and I would love to see more video!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 08-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #280
amandaw
DIS Veteran

You are not alone in your love for the Avengorail! I love all the pictures I've seen of it! I'm really hoping it will still be up when we go next month. Reid will freak out if he sees it.

What a fun day at MK! I couldn't tell you the last time I saw the Country Bears. Sounds like y'all had a great ride on Splash.

I can't wait to hear where y'all were having dinner that night.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #281
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

MARISSA. I'm sorry I'm so late, but I'm here. Finally.

Oh my gosh, I'm so happy that y'all were upgraded! The Villa is absolutely GORGEOUS. I'm kind of obsessed with the Minnie Mouse artwork above "your" bed. AND THE VIEW OMG. There are no words to describe that view. Amazing.

I totally understand the mug excitement. As you said, "It's pink!" By the way, Chicken Caesar Salads are never lame. Especially when paired with Mickey Rice Krispy Treats aka the greatest food to ever exist.

I agree. The Avengerail is awesome. I mean, it's not like they covered every monorail and, really, who doesn't want to stare at Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth while on vacation? Come on.

A Doug reference?

My mom and sister loved the Country Bears movie. I don't think I ever made it through the entire thing, but I still incredulously yell "Get the BAND back together?" from time to time because it makes my mom laugh hysterically. It's actually a really good impression if I do say so myself

Can't wait for more!!
Old 08-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #282
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
That is just awesome! Even I'm a little teary... an the pic of her running with Alice... is just... a dream! That's so cool... I always imagined that was stuff Disney only did for commercials. But It's so cool that she got to do that... that is an amazing Disney memory!
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
It really was so amazing! The sad thing is that her dad missed it. He was letting her little sister run around at Pooh's Playful Spot (may it rest in peace) while I stayed with her so she could dance to the music. It all happened so fast that I just snapped pictures and cried. Her dad's the photographer, so I'm happy I got ANY shot, but I absolutely love them running off together. I've got a million more. It was just pure magic. It really was like a commercial.
You captured it beautifully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Here here!!!! I'm going to catch up, sorry for my tardiness ma'am.
HOORAY!!! No need to apologize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Oh sorry. The 3D Dessert Party is a F&W event in the fall. Basically a big party with all you can eat desserts, and some alcohol. Then you get special viewing for Illuminations. At least this is what I have heard! Never been to F&W before so excited to try it for the first time!
It's okay! That sounds great!! Okay, cool, I had actually heard about that party, but wasn't aware that was the name of it. Very nice. Thanks for letting me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseteacher View Post
Loving your report!

My family and I were there at the same time as you - our stay was July 30-August 4. The Contemporary is my sentimental favorite resort. We have stayed there several times - would love to try BLT. However, lately we really like the Epcot resort area and have been staying at the Swan/Dolphin.

The upgrade you received at BLT was pixie dust indeed. The room was spectacular. Thanks for sharing pictures.
Thank you so much!

Ahh that's awesome! You literally were behind us just one day, because our dates were July 29-August 3. So funny! I love the Epcot area as well! It's so beautiful and has such an awesome atmosphere. Maybe you'll get to try out BLT as well someday!

It really was! Oh, you're very welcome! Thank you for joining in, I'm glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We were not a bit thrilled with the monorail voice. I want our old voice back!

We love the energy, color, and characters of parades.

I like that old time Main Street feel, too. I think DIStown would have a Main Street much like that. We would be on our way to the grocery store, and all of the sudden people would jump out of the trolley and start belting out some tunes! I'd be willing to stop in traffic for that.
I'm glad I'm not the only one!

They're wonderful! I'm a big fan of the music as well.

That sounds GREAT! What a brilliant idea. When will DIStown be available for us all to move in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
All right my comments.

Whenever something is repeated in another language, is it EXTREMELY important. That's why I repeat everything I say in another language....

Anyplace that's a no shame zone is good with me.

Dude, it regularly takes me 500 hours to pack. It feels like it takes FOREVER!

My cat always looks furious with me when I leave her too. It's a cat thing I think.

Landing early, bonus!

I love the Wilderness Lodge. I only stayed there once for a few days, but it's a great resort for sure. And it's a HOUSE MADE OUT OF LOGS!

The Contemporary is Disney World for me. I don't understand why. I think it's because it's the hotel I remember seeing the first time we went, so it always remains in my head that way.

I love getting a room right away when it's technically not supposed to be ready until later! Pixie dust!

It's okay to cry. Really.

Wow, you got a two bedroom?! And a MK view. Awesome. Your view was almost identical to ours last July. So so perfect.

You poor thing! I would have eaten my arm at that point if I had gone that long without food. Get food in thee stat!

The thing about the Contempo Cafe that's the best are the cupcakes! For sure. We ate several of them too.

Seriously? You've been there such a short time and already had a gallon of pixie dust dropped on you. How awesome!

I knew there was a Country Bears movie. And I love the Country Bears. No shame, no shame.

My favorite part about fastpasses is walking past all of the other people waiting in line. I have no shame. I don't care that they hate me in that moment.
ALL RIGHT. Hahah.

I don't know why, but it really doesn't take me all that long! I have a mental list as well as an ACTUAL list, and luckily I'm a very organized person. Hahah but I really should start doing it earlier. Next time.

Sammy missed us too much! Plus I think he was worried nobody would be around to give him his special wet food and he was going to have to re-think his refrigerator break-in strategy.

The Wilderness Lodge has really been on my MUST STAY THERE list recently! I can't get enough!

I know it's okay to cry, and you know it's okay to cry, but I figured I'd spare my family my emotional Disney self for the time being. They saw it enough later, truuuust me. HAHA.

That's awesome! Yeah, we were supposed to have a lake view so it was basically the most amazing upgrade of all time! I still can't believe it!

YES. Oh my goodness, those cupcakes. I don't know why people don't rave about them like they do other places. Contempo's where it's at, yall!

Hahha I secretly kinda love it as well. I just have to wonder why they don't get them too. I mean, there were still some available! Make like Pooh and THINK THINK THINK, people!

HOORAY, glad you're all caught up!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaroo View Post
Here I am, thinking you guys are off to Epcot...

Juuuust kidding. If you didn't go to MK first I would have been mega confused! BUT ANYWAY.

So wait, the Monorail guy, when did they switch him?! Does this mean when we go it'll be different?! AHHHH, not sure how I'm feeling about this right now!

I've seen the MS Philharmonic like.. once in passing. It's quite delightful! There is no shame in Disney World! I'll march right around with my Mickey ears on and not even care. That's why it's favorite place to be; you can just be yourself and not have to worry!

THIS IS WHY I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO DISNEYLAND... I mean, to walk on the streets that Walt did... Ahhhh.

That Country Bear Jamboree seems fun, but we just never get to doing it. Maybe next time. But OMG, so in Disneyland, they got rid of it, right, and put Winnie the Pooh where it used to be. EXCEPT that apparently if you're on Winnie the Pooh and look behind you, you'll see some of the pieces from Country Bear Jamboree just chillin' there! It's super creepy!.. and of course I'm totally going to look for it when we go.

SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!!! Be still, my heart. I love that so so so much. I am praying that it will be open in January, because of how many times we went on it last time. But if it's not, at least we'll go on it in Disneyland... BUT STILL, I hope it's open. VERY good use of those FPs!

That photo/description of Honest John cracked me up. I've never watched that parade either! I mean, walked past it and did a little dance, but that's it. I feel like we're either doing other stuff in the park when it happens or walking in as it goes by, haha.

I love those little happy moments you have... Like, I feel like I get those moments a lot when walking Main Street or riding the PeopleMover... Sigh, I love it so much.
I know right? We're just so unpredictable! Actually, believe it or not, of my four trips, MK has only been my first park TWICE! Once it was AK, and once it was DHS. It's never been Epcot, but I want it to be next time!

They switched him in... I want to say it was late April/early May. There was like this big uproar about it on Twitter, and that's how I was able to know ahead of time and not be completely thrown off. And yeah, it'll still be like that until they change it again. I think they MIGHT re-do it once more after FLE is completely finished, but hopefully they'll get with the program and get the TRUE monorail voice guy back!

EXACTLY!!! It's the best. Although I must admit, I've adopted that mentality a lot in my 'regular life' lately. Last week I was at the grocery store (by myself, might I add) and they were playing "How Will I Know" by Whitney Houston. If you know that song, you know how dancey it is. Well... I was dancing and singing down the aisles. It was too fun. I think I only got one or two weird looks as well, so BONUS.

I want to go to Disneyland SO BADLY. Ugh I'm so jealous! I can't wait to hear all about it though!

OMG WHAT? Is this a horror movie?! That is terrifying. Like, it truly is. AHHH. Something about still animatronics creeeeeps me out.

Why do you think it might be closed? I hope it isn't, at least not for the whole trip if it has to be at all! That would be such a huge bummer.

Hahah thank you. OH man! I wish you would, it's so much fun! It's really a great one. It's so happy and just... YAY.

I know! Those moments are great, it's seriously the best feeling! I guess that's why it's our happy place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan_in_pink View Post
Wow! lucky you to get thoes passes.

500 hrs to pack also. We should have a club.
Yeah, it was incredible! We were so excited.

Hahha, yall should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Your brothers reaction to the view of the castle? Adorable! I love it, and I would love to see more video!
Aww, thank you! Well I'm glad you say that, because I'm actually going to post another video soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
You are not alone in your love for the Avengorail! I love all the pictures I've seen of it! I'm really hoping it will still be up when we go next month. Reid will freak out if he sees it.

What a fun day at MK! I couldn't tell you the last time I saw the Country Bears. Sounds like y'all had a great ride on Splash.

I can't wait to hear where y'all were having dinner that night.
Hooray! Oh man, I didn't even get a picture of it, or at least one where you could actually tell what it was! Darn. I bet it will still be there!!! I bet his reaction would be priceless.

It really was! Hahah, yeah, I can't tell you the NEXT time I'll go, because it probably won't be for a while.

Can't wait to share! It was a great one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
MARISSA. I'm sorry I'm so late, but I'm here. Finally.

Oh my gosh, I'm so happy that y'all were upgraded! The Villa is absolutely GORGEOUS. I'm kind of obsessed with the Minnie Mouse artwork above "your" bed. AND THE VIEW OMG. There are no words to describe that view. Amazing.

I totally understand the mug excitement. As you said, "It's pink!" By the way, Chicken Caesar Salads are never lame. Especially when paired with Mickey Rice Krispy Treats aka the greatest food to ever exist.

I agree. The Avengerail is awesome. I mean, it's not like they covered every monorail and, really, who doesn't want to stare at Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth while on vacation? Come on.

A Doug reference?

My mom and sister loved the Country Bears movie. I don't think I ever made it through the entire thing, but I still incredulously yell "Get the BAND back together?" from time to time because it makes my mom laugh hysterically. It's actually a really good impression if I do say so myself.

Can't wait for more!!
KARA. It's totally okay, I'm glad you're here!!

Thank you! Oh man, I can't even put it into words, to be honest! I basically stayed out on the balcony and stared at the view for HOURS. And yeah, I basically want all of the art. It's all so great!

Hahah that's true! That Mickey rice crispy was fantastic as well!

Exactly! Even covering two monorails probably would have been overkill, but that one is great. I mean, there's a little something for every taste! Both guys named Chris and Scarlett Johansson, maybe even Robert Downey Jr. There ya go! Nothing to complain about.

You bet your badunk!

HAHA I seriously love the Country Bears! My favorite quote is, "Over yonder, a monkey!" I used to quote it all the time. Gets me every time. I would love to hear your impression! I bet it's uncanny.

Yay, glad you're all caught up now!
Old 08-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #283
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Finally caught up!

Your brother is adorable....nothing like watching Disney through the eyes of a child or child at heart!

I've told the story before but I ate dinner at Narcoosee's on Valentine's Day about 4 years ago and Tom, Katy, Suri, Conner, and Katy's parents were two tables away. I ended up being alone in the ladies' room with Katy and Suri who really is adorable (and was very well behaved!). I don't know where they were staying but they were low key and very polite..not demanding or rude to the staff.

Jill in CO
Old 08-21-2012, 12:34 AM   #284
stackyallred
DIS Veteran

HELLO! I have LOVED reading your TR so far! You crack me up! I love how well you express your excitement. If you are this fun to read about, I am guessing you must really be fun to enjoy WDW with! Our next trip is now just 3 weeks away and after reading your report I feel too excited to sleep. Can't wait to read more! Congrats on all the pixie dust! It is fun to see how much you appreciated it!

Honeymoon @ ASM 2003 / Caribbean Beach Resort 2005 / DL 2006 / Bonnet Creek Resort 2007 /
Pop 2008 x2 / POP 2009 / POP 2010 / WBC & BWV 2011 / POP 2012 / POP & AKL 2013/ AKL & POP 2014
My Dream Is A Meal A Chef Makes! A Sept. 2012 POP PTR (with multiple food allergies)!
Old 08-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #285
PIRATEGIRL007
DIS Cast Member
OMG! I am about to jump up and down!
real technical words, aren't they!

Ok all caught up. Sounds like the trip is off to a great start.

I would have had your reaction to the upgrade and more. If I looked out my bedroom window to that view I would have needed to be scraped off the floor several times that week. That is just breathtaking, what a memory!

I love everything about your villa, if only I could fit that artwork and the bedspread into my luggage. Hmmm decisions, decisions.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: